• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi,
I searched for the thread which has list of banks who does soft pull on credit check or does not do credit check at all for CDs.
It is time consuming to call each bank and find out if they do hard pull/soft pull or no credit check at all for CDs.
performing soft pull will not affect your credit score where as hard pull will affect your credit score.(In case anyone has the question on what is soft pull/hard pull)
So, I thought of starting a new thread for this. Hope it will help someone.

Here is the list of bank(s) which does soft pull on credit check for CDs:
- E*Trade bank - Just called and confirmed, it's soft pull
- National Bank of Kansas City - Confirmed over the phone
- Element Direct - Soft Pull. Confirmed via e-mail.

Here is the list of bank(s) which does not do any credit check for CDs:
- World Savings Bank - I had CD with them and they did not perform credit check at all.
- IndyMac bank - Does not do hard pull/soft pull. Just uses standard credit check system which does not affect credit score.

Please add more banks to this list so others can benefit.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does that include E*Trade bank include the E*Trade High Yield Savings Accounts?

I agree. Probably best to just list the few that don't do hard pulls.

For savings account, they might do hard pull.
CDs are different as they (bank) already have the amount available when you open it so there is no risk for them...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014