• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
link

With Wachovia Free Checking, enjoy free security and identity protection, free debit card fraud protection, and unlimited use of thousands of ATMs.

And now, get up to $50 when you open and fund a new Free Checking account within 90 days. See full details below, and please print a copy of this page for your records.

1. Receive $25.00 when you open a Free Checking account with at least $100.00 in new funds.
2. Receive an additional $25.00 when you use direct deposit to post at least $100.00 to the same account within 90 days.
3. Enjoy $50.00 from Wachovia.

To be eligible for the offer, you must open a new Free Checking account online in good faith between 6/30/2007 and 10/31/2007 by clicking the "Get Offer" button on this promotional landing page. By doing so, you are eligible to receive a $25 bonus for depositing at least $100 in new funds into the account as well as an additional $25 bonus for posting $100 in direct deposits into the same account, within 90 days of the account opening date.

Promotion eligibility will be determined 90 days after account opening. Allow 6-8 weeks thereafter for the bonus(es) to be directly deposited into the new account. Accounts which are not opened using the promotional landing page "Get Offer" button may not be eligible for the bonus(es). Accounts must be in good standing to remain eligible for the offer. Accounts with less than $100 in deposits posting within the 90 days will not receive the bonus(es). If you need to contact us regarding this offer, please reference pricing code "FCDD".

If required by applicable law, the value of this bonus will be reported to the IRS, state or local tax authorities and the recipient is responsible for any federal, state or local taxes on this bonus. Offer limited to one per household and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Accounts are subject to approval. Other fees may apply. Offer subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. Account disclosures will be provided during the online account opening application. Offer expires October 31, 2007.

Wachovia Bank, N.A., and Wachovia Bank of Delaware, N.A., are Members FDIC

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks like Wachovia has initiated this bonus again, however it does not appear to require direct deposit.

http://www.wach... (more)

harlock001 (Oct. 25, 2007 @ 10:03p) |

That's nicer... the DD wasn't that big a deal because you only had to have 1 direct deposit not a recurring one, but now... (more)

runderwo (Oct. 26, 2007 @ 11:26a) |

So those of us who are existing customers because Wachovia took over our bank are excluded from the offer. They should ... (more)

ThursdaysChild (Oct. 26, 2007 @ 11:43a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

who can confirm it's a hard or soft?

Also if you say a friend referred you, get another 25 dollars for you and 25 for the friend. Use me if you know no one else, cause they look the person up instantly in the computer. David Gawf Pacific Grove, CA

Flame an extra 25 bucks? Haha, am I in the right forum?

This is what I need now. THanks OP

Can anyone confirm if the referral thing is true? And is there a minimum amount of time the account must be open?

kalium said: who can confirm it's a hard or soft?

hard

even if you already have a wachovia checking?

hard pull even for existing wachovia banking customers

Ugh...Wachovia was sooo sloooow with honoring their last $50 promotion. I opened up my account in February with $100 and they credited the bonus just last week. They changed the terms of their promotion twice and I called them out on it twice. Keep this in mind if you're looking for a fast $50.

Also, I mentioned this before but what might make this deal sweeter is when you apply, ask if you are preapproved for a Wachovia CC. I got a 15K credit line and two 0% BT checks for 6 months each with no fee. My first BT is almost up. I plan on paying off the first at the end of the month, ask for a CLI, and use the 2nd check for another 6 months. The $50 promotion was just icing on the cake...

Good luck!

There is another deal going on for SELECT LOCATIONS. Get a $100 visa gift card on the spot. I opened a free checking account (zip: 07724). Wachovia does a HARD credit check. I got my $100 card after I opened the account. You can also get $25 for referring a friend.

turrdog said: Ugh...Wachovia was sooo sloooow with honoring their last $50 promotion. I opened up my account in February with $100 and they credited the bonus just last week. They changed the terms of their promotion twice and I called them out on it twice. Keep this in mind if you're looking for a fast $50.

Also, I mentioned this before but what might make this deal sweeter is when you apply, ask if you are preapproved for a Wachovia CC. I got a 15K credit line and two 0% BT checks for 6 months each with no fee. My first BT is almost up. I plan on paying off the first at the end of the month, ask for a CLI, and use the 2nd check for another 6 months. The $50 promotion was just icing on the cake...

Good luck!

They were quite quick with mine....opened 5-9 and they paid the $50 bonus on 5-23.

Guess I'll have to close that account then wait about a month and get another $50 and since
this new offer goes till 10-31 I've got plenty of time.

Please let us know if there is any $25 fee for closing account within 6 months. Be careful!!

Tacoma99 said: turrdog said: Ugh...Wachovia was sooo sloooow with honoring their last $50 promotion. I opened up my account in February with $100 and they credited the bonus just last week. They changed the terms of their promotion twice and I called them out on it twice. Keep this in mind if you're looking for a fast $50.

Good luck!

They were quite quick with mine....opened 5-9 and they paid the $50 bonus on 5-23.

Guess I'll have to close that account then wait about a month and get another $50 and since

Tacoma99 said: Guess I'll have to close that account then wait about a month and get another $50 and since

You should be able to open the new one without even closing the old one. I had a number of accts with them already and did the last $50 free cking promo

I received an error when linking my checking account and I can't for the life of me find where to add a linked account via the online services screen. What the hell?

jjxqc said: Please let us know if there is any $25 fee for closing account within 6 months. Be careful!!

Tacoma99 said: turrdog said: Ugh...Wachovia was sooo sloooow with honoring their last $50 promotion. I opened up my account in February with $100 and they credited the bonus just last week. They changed the terms of their promotion twice and I called them out on it twice. Keep this in mind if you're looking for a fast $50.

Good luck!

I couldn't find any fees for early closing of checking......they do have a $2 monthly fee
for no activity after 6 mo.

Can you fund the initial $100 via credit card? Does it bill as purchase or ca?

Wow, they suck. So they have "no record" of my initial $100 deposit, and can't restart the electronic deposit without closing the account and opening a new one. So now I get to mail in a MO, because they also don't take checks without the same address as the account on them (mine have my work address). Only took 3 different CSRs to tell me that this was the reason I couldn't log into my account...

Warning, this deal would require opening an account with Wachovia. This can result in loss of sanity and lost time and/or money. Not worth it.

Finally got the $50 bonus on 10/4

Looks like Wachovia has initiated this bonus again, however it does not appear to require direct deposit.

http://www.wachovia.com/misc/0,,1640,00.html

Here are some of the important details: To qualify for the $50.00 bonus, you must be a new customer and open your new Checking account by 1/31/2008 with a minimum of $100.00 in new funds to Wachovia. Your bonus will be directly deposited into your new Checking account within 120 days of account opening. Limit one bonus offer per household. If you need to contact us regarding this offer, please reference pricing code ATM2. The value of this bonus will be reported to the IRS.

That's nicer... the DD wasn't that big a deal because you only had to have 1 direct deposit not a recurring one, but now it's even sweeter.

harlock001 said: Looks like Wachovia has initiated this bonus again, however it does not appear to require direct deposit.

http://www.wachovia.com/misc/0,,1640,00.html

Here are some of the important details: To qualify for the $50.00 bonus, you must be a new customer and open your new Checking account by 1/31/2008 with a minimum of $100.00 in new funds to Wachovia. Your bonus will be directly deposited into your new Checking account within 120 days of account opening. Limit one bonus offer per household. If you need to contact us regarding this offer, please reference pricing code ATM2. The value of this bonus will be reported to the IRS.
So those of us who are existing customers because Wachovia took over our bank are excluded from the offer. They should have extended this offer to "inadvertently existing" customers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014