• 123 4 531
  • Page
  • Text Only
Does this BOA MC happen to support virtual card #s by any chance?

Particularly since MBNA (which does have this feature) has merged with BOA.

instant approved for $7500 line of credit

Could someone tell me what AOR means? Several people have referenced it in this thread. I did apply and got the "we'll contact you within 30 days message". Not sure why as my credit is good.

gatorkate said: Could someone tell me what AOR means? Several people have referenced it in this thread. I did apply and got the "we'll contact you within 30 days message". Not sure why as my credit is good.

3rd sticky in forum
SIS comes back with the L283231ca7ce1c257932179f571ad85ba FAQ - AKA MAKING THOUSANDS OF $$ FROM CREDIT Link Ld1cf8f05d8be38e57bac691cd7a253da stories and post your successes

AnOtherDay said: Univ of Souther California:

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAA8RP

25 SUCKs.

awww, what... i wonder if i can convert my card to the USC one after i get the bonus?? anyone try that with BOA cards before??

*edit* the iowa one is MC and USC is Visa, so probably won't be able to anyways...

Great deal.... thank you!

thanks OP, instant approval

not instantly approved, and got same message: "We'll let you know in 30 days". and called back after a while. also gave the rep my name, zip, ssn, etc...
but she told me my status is in pending. and asked me to callback a few days later.
I think that means I was totally rejected...

rseiler said: Weird: I applied and received the "We'll let you know in 30 days" message, so 10 minutes later I called them (1-800-551-0839) and hit #3 to check on the status of an application (choosing the subsequent option saying that it had been more than 10 days since I submitted, since if you don't it hangs up on you).

The rep asked for my name, ZIP, and mother's maiden name...and right away told me that I had been approved already and that I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Moral: I wouldn't worry much about the "30 days" message, since at least some of them really are instants.

Thanks OP. Instant for $8000.

Applied for my wife but got the 30 day deferral message. She's a homemaker so I put $12,000 under Other Income. Source - me. We'll see what happens.

thanks OP!

Got instant approval for $15,400...

Now lets just hope the 25K points show up as they should!

zoym said: not instantly approved, and got same message: "We'll let you know in 30 days". and called back after a while. also gave the rep my name, zip, ssn, etc...
but she told me my status is in pending. and asked me to callback a few days later.

Not necessarily. When my wife applied for the platinum plus MC last year (for the ipod nano offer) she was deferred, and still pending more than a week after the app. We had given up, but about 3 weeks after she applied, she got the card. It was only a $1k limit, but it was enough to get the promo, and has since been upped to $2500.

I hope so, thanks for your help.

lrothkcsa said: zoym said: not instantly approved, and got same message: "We'll let you know in 30 days". and called back after a while. also gave the rep my name, zip, ssn, etc...

Not necessarily. When my wife applied for the platinum plus MC last year (for the ipod nano offer) she was deferred, and still pending more than a week after the app. We had given up, but about 3 weeks after she applied, she got the card. It was only a $1k limit, but it was enough to get the promo, and has since been upped to $2500.

rseiler said: Weird: I applied and received the "We'll let you know in 30 days" message, so 10 minutes later I called them (1-800-551-0839) and hit #3 to check on the status of an application (choosing the subsequent option saying that it had been more than 10 days since I submitted, since if you don't it hangs up on you).

The rep asked for my name, ZIP, and mother's maiden name...and right away told me that I had been approved already and that I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Moral: I wouldn't worry much about the "30 days" message, since at least some of them really are instants.

Thank you for your excellent counsel and green for you.

I followed through exactly as you said you did, with nearly the same outcome:

The first person with whom I spoke transferred me to a credit analyst. The analyst looked over my credit situation and asked me several questions before approving me. But I did obtain more or less instant approval.

Thanks again . . . your very kind help is appreciated! It's good to know where I stand without having to wait thirty days.

Unrelated note:

It might take me a little while to collect my $250. I already have one of the Citi Dividend cards which is the card I customarily use. That card gives me back 5% rebate on key (for me) purchases: food, gasoline, medicine. Like my new U of I card, the Dividend card only rebates 1% on everything else. So I will use my new card everywhere I can to reach $250, but NOT on food, gasoline, or on medicine.

After you get approved with certain credit limit, do you receive anything in the email?

aktamucsd said: After you get approved with certain credit limit, do you receive anything in the email?

I haven't received anything either for me or my husband in my email. We both got approved instantly.

Thank you so much!!!

I called back 1-800-551-0839 a few minutes ago, and asked the rep transfer my call to an analyst. the man was very nice and reviewed my credit report and asked a few quesions of my job and income. then he told me i was approved with xxxx credit limit.
great service of boa!

thank you, all guys, again!

guardian44 said: rseiler said: Weird: I applied and received the "We'll let you know in 30 days" message, so 10 minutes later I called them (1-800-551-0839) and hit #3 to check on the status of an application (choosing the subsequent option saying that it had been more than 10 days since I submitted, since if you don't it hangs up on you).

Thank you for your excellent counsel and green for you.

I followed through exactly as you said you did, with nearly the same outcome:

The first person with whom I spoke transferred me to a credit analyst. The analyst looked over my credit situation and asked me several questions before approving me. But I did obtain more or less instant approval.

Thanks again . . . your very kind help is appreciated! It's good to know where I stand without having to wait thirty days.

Unrelated note:

It might take me a little while to collect my $250. I already have one of the Citi Dividend cards which is the card I customarily use. That card gives me back 5% rebate on key (for me) purchases: food, gasoline, medicine. Like my new U of I card, the Dividend card only rebates 1% on everything else. So I will use my new card everywhere I can to reach $250, but NOT on food, gasoline, or on medicine.

guardian44 said: Unrelated note:

I'm in a similar situation with my Chase Rewards card, 5% on gas, grocery, restaurants. However, I will divert all spending to get the $250 asap (same with my wife who is also in on this deal).

5% is great - but $250 cash supersedes that any day! Plus the Chase Rewards card is capped at $300 rewards per year - which I'll max out even without this $250.

guardian44 said:
Unrelated note:

Is there a time limit by when you need to spend $250 to get the bonus? Can you just do it say after 1 year from opening the account ?

Experian pull..boo

zoym said: Thank you so much!!!

Always happy to be of service!

You know, folks, what's funny about this deal is this:

This is the hottest deal currently here on FatWallet IMHO. I mean this is almost like finding $250 in the street for goodness sake! Darn near. And while there surely are folks out there who could not care less about $250 found money, I am NOT one of those folks. I can use $250 and I'm not ashamed to tell you that.

But fact is, because this deal is here in the Finance section a great many FatWalleters are missing it. Somebody (not myself) tried earlier this morning to post this again over at the Hot Deals forum, where everyone goes . . . but the mods closed their thread there quickly with a forward to here.

I mean, it's funny how life is sometimes. Posters over there go nuts for a SAVINGS of, say, a hundred bucks. Here we have $250 just lying there waiting to be picked up, but you have to come over here to the Finance Forum to learn of it. And a great many of those folks over there just never come here.

There's not a dull moment in this life.

guardian44 said: zoym said: Thank you so much!!!

Always happy to be of service!

You know, folks, what's funny about this deal is this:

This is the hottest deal currently here on FatWallet IMHO. I mean this is almost like finding $250 in the street for goodness sake! Darn near. And while there surely are folks out there who could not care less about $250 found money, I am NOT one of those folks. I can use $250 and I'm not ashamed to tell you that.

But fact is, because this deal is here in the Finance section a great many FatWalleters are missing it. Somebody (not myself) tried earlier this morning to post this again over at the Hot Deals forum, where everyone goes . . . but the mods closed their thread there quickly with a forward to here.

I mean, it's funny how life is sometimes. Posters over there go nuts for a SAVINGS of, say, a hundred bucks. Here we have $250 just lying there waiting to be picked up, but you have to come over here to the Finance Forum to learn of it. And a great many of those folks over there just never come here.

There's not a dull moment in this life.

I agree with you. For the longest time I wouldn't even read the finance forums because there were too many things happening in my life and all I had time for was Hot Deals and Free Stuff.

Approved for $14300 credit line. That is the highest limit I've ever received from a new card

alchemize said: Experian pull..boo I thought that AMEX cards didn't generate a hard pull, since you have to pay them off in full each month.

ANYONE thinking of just doing a minimum balance transfer of $250 - $300 to satisfy the requirements of receiving the 25,000 points and netting a profit of $240 after the $10 fee? Sounds like a good thing to do. I wouldn't have to worry about making $250 worth of purchases, pay on 0% for the remaining balance. This seems like a faster way of receiving the 25,000 point than waiting for a rebate.

Cherry30303 said: ANYONE thinking of just doing a minimum balance transfer of $250 - $300 to satisfy the requirements of receiving the 25,000 points and netting a profit of $240 after the $10 fee? Sounds like a good thing to do. I wouldn't have to worry about making $250 worth of purchases, pay on 0% for the remaining balance. This seems like a faster way of receiving the 25,000 point than waiting for a rebate.

I was thinking of just buying a $250 gas or grocery store gift card. 5% of 250 comes to $12.50 which I would have saved if I used my citi dividend card. But this way I don't have to worry about anything else.

1) Thanks OP!
2) W00t! Approval (After Calling!)
3) It's nice to be a student again! The analyst asked if University of Iowa was the school I was attending. LOL. \

edit: That credit analyst is scum! When you get appoval you should check to make sure they did not just reallocate from another account without telling you, he also attempted to sign me up for Credit Protection Plus without asking me (I accepted when prompted but only for the free credit report.)

deferred decision - called 10 minutes later and found out I was approved for $8k

Thanks a bunch OP, LOVE these $250 deals

Thanks. In For 2.

uvasag said: Cherry30303 said: ANYONE thinking of just doing a minimum balance transfer of $250 - $300 to satisfy the requirements of receiving the 25,000 points and netting a profit of $240 after the $10 fee? Sounds like a good thing to do. I wouldn't have to worry about making $250 worth of purchases, pay on 0% for the remaining balance. This seems like a faster way of receiving the 25,000 point than waiting for a rebate.

I was thinking of just buying a $250 gas or grocery store gift card. 5% of 250 comes to $12.50 which I would have saved if I used my citi dividend card. But this way I don't have to worry about anything else.

It's all good 'cept for one thing:

Be really careful not to lose that gift card . . which is like cash. I do use gift cards from time to time, but they scare me a little cause I never know when I might have a "senior moment", a "blonde moment", or just a "bad day". Call it what you will. I've had 'em.

If I lose my new U of I Tiger Hawks card I will be fine. If I lose a gift card, well, . . . . I don't wanna go there.

the rep asked me if i am a professor.......!@#%$%^$%^%!

Bob45 said: 1) Thanks OP!
2) W00t! Approval (After Calling!)
3) It's nice to be a student again! The analyst asked if University of Iowa was the school I was attending. LOL.

This link will come in handy someday:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/worldpoints

Thanks! I got the "30 days" message too and followed your instruction to call, was told I was approved with 8K CL!

This is like a windfall, thanks OP and everyone.

defjukie said: deferred decision - called 10 minutes later and found out I was approved for $8k

Thanks a bunch OP, LOVE these $250 deals

Same here! 8K

This just cracks me up... $700 for me and the wife to open 2 credit cards and 2 bank accts...

and she the Homemaker with no income got a higher credit limit than me the breadwinner.

uvasag said: Cherry30303 said: ANYONE thinking of just doing a minimum balance transfer of $250 - $300 to satisfy the requirements of receiving the 25,000 points and netting a profit of $240 after the $10 fee? Sounds like a good thing to do. I wouldn't have to worry about making $250 worth of purchases, pay on 0% for the remaining balance. This seems like a faster way of receiving the 25,000 point than waiting for a rebate.

DUH!! Now as I think about it, my idea isn't so great after all. Even doing a balance transfer will still be like a rebate since the balance transfer amount has to be paid back the same as if I made a purchase. In my own mind, I was thinking it would work the same as other offers of making a small purchase and paying it off in full and asking for a refund check!!!! Now my idea sounds really lame!!

The gift card suggestion is something to think about, but I still much prefer the first purchase and getting a cash refund check. I haven't jumped on this deal yet.

thank you for posting that number, called and found out i was declined, transferred to a credit analyst, she reversed and approved 5k, after explaining to her my high utiltization are from BT

Deferred, but just talked to an analyst + got a $5k credit limit.

Definitely recommend calling, big thanks to the poster who put up the phone number!

Guys,
my credit score is really good. I recently bought a vehicle and I am planning to pay it off using BT. If the cc is approved for less amount, is there any way you can bargain to increase the amount?

thanks

Can one buy an Amazon gift card for oneself? I use Amazon all the time and I know I could use a 250 GC very quickly.

Beware of the blanket Anyone seen the fleece replacement bonus? Different offer code appears witha refresh of the page.

Called to confirm offer code FABHPD. Worked like a charm...gimme $250.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 123 4 531
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014