• 14 5 67831
  • Page
  • Text Only
Anybody been aprove with 680 credit score?

I am hesisted to aplly , because my score is so low now

I applied yesterday and got deferred. Called today and was told by the computer system that I had been approved already and that I would receive the credit card in 10 business days.

called and was told I was already approved... thanks OP

acura03 said: Just a Heads up.

Anyone able to save this page with 250K points still mentioned ?
When I tried to do it (both firefox & IE ) the print preview ignores
the "Get 250K points" portion of the page - one just below the card image.

I did some research and finally found out why.

For those of you who are interested, the style of the website you see in your web browser and that you see when printing it (or in print preview) can be controlled by two different sets of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), thus can be totally different. For more information, see this linkage.

Thanks OP! approved at $8000 CL for hubby. I need to clean up my credit scores some more (fairly recent AOR) so unfortunately I can't take advantage. Easy Money!!

I got myFICO for a month-long trial, privacyguard for a 2-month trial for $1.00, and canceled early because I didn't like it and they refunded my $1.00, and transunion TrueCredit for a 30-day trial. If you have a Washington Mutual card, it comes with access to a Transunion Fico score, and updates about every month. It also gives you a kind of credit report outline. This is fee and comes with the card. It takes a while for them to get it set up, though.

It looks like you can always get a free transunion report (not score) by saying you are going to initiate a dispute, and if you have a Citi card you can do an online CLI request, and if they don't approve it they will send you a letter which you can then use to get a free report (Equifax the last time I did it).

If you get Microsoft Money Deluxe, you get a free 1-year subscription to Experian Credit Expert, which gives you at least one report, and daily access to your Experian Plus score.

forgetme said: Deferred, but just talked to an analyst + got a $5k credit limit.

Definitely recommend calling, big thanks to the poster who put up the phone number!

It was interesting hearing the analyst decide on my credit limit. I heard him read off the names of the other credit cards I had, then tell me $5k (my current cards have limits of $6k, $3k, AMEX no limit + AU on a $12k, etc). Do you think this is standard procedure, to just "go with the flow" in terms of limits? He didn't mention my HHI or monthly income at all.

Same exact story here approved with $8000. I thought I was dead in the water (too close to an AOR, Chase rejected me on the Sony Card recently, and BOA told me last week to buzz off when I asked for a CLI).

peyang001 said: rseiler said: Weird: I applied and received the "We'll let you know in 30 days" message, so 10 minutes later I called them (1-800-551-0839) and hit #3 to check on the status of an application (choosing the subsequent option saying that it had been more than 10 days since I submitted, since if you don't it hangs up on you).

The rep asked for my name, ZIP, and mother's maiden name...and right away told me that I had been approved already and that I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Moral: I wouldn't worry much about the "30 days" message, since at least some of them really are instants.

Thanks! I got the "30 days" message too and followed your instruction to call, was told I was approved with 8K CL!

This is like a windfall, thanks OP and everyone.

I was defered (called and was approved for $8000) and the inqury knocked me down from 691 to 669 with EX. 710 for TU and 707 EQ (stayed steady, the hit was on EX and brought me up to 13).

wca53 said: Anybody been aprove with 680 credit score?

mattun said: Same exact story here approved with $8000. I thought I was dead in the water (too close to an AOR, Chase rejected me on the Sony Card recently, and BOA told me last week to buzz off when I asked for a CLI).

I got rejected on the Chase Freedom $250 offer (got some money tied up in BT game) a while back and got deferred on this.
Called expecting the worst and got approved for 2.5K. My other limits are 19k, 16k, 16k, 12k, 6k, and AMEX. Score used to be 740 but dropped to 690 after AOR BT, yikes!

Sweet deal OP, ty.

wca53 said: Anybody been aprove with 680 credit score?

I have a ton of inquiries, with all payment history excellent and high HHI. TrueCredit FAKO ranges from about 690-710 depending on credit agency.

Applied for this card, was deferred for 30 days. Called 10 minutes later, pressed 3 at the main menu, then 2 for >10 days since application. Was informed that I was approved by the automated system, but no credit limit was mentioned. My last FIA card (Fidelity) was for $15k after a deferred decision.

I called in after applying yesterday. I talked to a rep who said I have had a bunch of cards already through them, although only 1 was current. He asked why I wanted this card. I couldn't think of a lie on the spot so I hesitated and said "the bonus". He asked me if I could shut down my 15k card and then he would approve me for $25k. I said ok.

funktuna said: I called in after applying yesterday. I talked to a rep who said I have had a bunch of cards already through them, although only 1 was current. He asked why I wanted this card. I couldn't think of a lie on the spot so I hesitated and said "the bonus". He asked me if I could shut down my 15k card and then he would approve me for $25k. I said ok.

Funny, I got the same question and I played dumb. I don't remember what I said on the phone.

thanks got instant approval for 3.8K . too bad the bt fee is 3% with no max limit .

Just applied, got a deferral, called 10 minutes later, rep said I was approved with a CL of $5000!

Now, for some background, before this I had gotten 6 cards in the last year, have BOA CLs of $60,000, owe about 70K in BTs and 0% purchase money, have additional inquiries due to opening deposit accounts. Credit score pretty high.

So I would say if your credit score is high, don't be scared to apply, no matter how much BT money you're holding.

And this is great, because once I've used this card and gotten my points, there's $5000 in CL that I can shove over to my other BOA account where I have the 0% for BTs with NO fee!

I don't see anything about 25,000 points. Have they pulled it? Oh, don't tell me I missed it again. I missed the Chase offer too. Can I just call in?

shadow1woman said: I don't see anything about 25,000 points. Have they pulled it? Oh, don't tell me I missed it again. I missed the Chase offer too. Can I just call in?
It's still there. Look on the right side after choosing one of the cards to apply for.

Why don't you clear your cache and click the link again? I just checked, I'm still seeing it.

edit:
Yeah, djspray, if I had seen your post I wouldn't have made mine. As you note, the 25,000 points is not on the first page, only when you click one of the cards.

These are just different designs, right, there aren't two cards? Because my greed is such that I would like to apply for both, but I don't think that's possible.

I called a day after my online app was deferred and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst. First CSR transferred me to customer service, so I just called again.

The analyst asked me about the debt on my credit report (90K). I offered proof that I just paid off 60K (most of it to BofA!) and my report is inaccurate. She was not interested in the proof and said she can approve me for the card but would not increase my overall credit. So, she just move 5K from my US Airways Visa.

She also tried to convince me to do BT, but would not waive the fee even after I told her I'd be interested in transferring over 40K (my total CL at BofA is more than that) if the fee was capped. I thought they get percentage of the transferred balance as commissions? She said she couldn't do that.

EugeneV said: She also tried to convince me to do BT, but would not waive the fee even after I told her I'd be interested in transferring over 40K (my total CL at BofA is more than that) if the fee was capped. I thought they get percentage of the transferred balance as commissions? She said she couldn't do that.

They may get a percentage of the balance as a commission, but maybe they were told, don't waive the fee or you're fired.

Just applied, deffered as usual. I want to give them a call but it seems like they are harrassing people. I have no assoication whatsoever with the school. I got the Chase $250, so if I dont get this I wont be too pissed.

djspray said: shadow1woman said: I don't see anything about 25,000 points. Have they pulled it? Oh, don't tell me I missed it again. I missed the Chase offer too. Can I just call in?
It's still there. Look on the right side after choosing one of the cards to apply for.

Thanks!!!

diamente said: Automatic Renewal Information:
Upon activating this card, making a transaction within 90 days of being approved for this credit card and having accepted the trial offer, you will receive 10 complimentary issues of the magazine you selected courtesy of FIA Card Services, N.A. This offer is distributed by Magazine Retail Enterprises, Inc. ("MRE"). You will receive notification by mail prior to receiving your first free issue. After your 10 free issues, YOU AUTHORIZE MRE to charge your card in time to renew your magazine subscription, without interruption, before the start of each new semi-annual term unless you cancel. The charge for the first renewal is $29.95 for 28 issues and then at the low subscriber rate in effect for all subsequent renewals. Before the trial period ends, you will receive a written notice that your magazine will continue. If at any time you are not 100% satisfied, you may call Sports Illustrated at 1-888-929-8101, Entertainment Weekly at 1-800-828-6882 or Time at 1-800-843-TIME to cancel your subscription and receive a refund for all unmailed issues. By taking advantage of the magazine offer, you will be disclosing to MRE that you are a credit card customer of FIA Card Services, N.A. Information regarding your account will be provided to MRE to fulfill your request and bill the account if you have not elected to cancel. This offer is valid for new subscribers with valid mailing address in the United States and Canada only. Sports Illustrated and Time publish five double issues. Each double issue counts as two of 56 issues in an annual subscription. Sports Illustrated and Time may also publish occasional extra issues. Entertainment Weekly publishes eight double issues a year. Each double issue counts as two of 57 issues in an annual subscription. Entertainment Weekly may also publish occasional extra issues. Offer void for VT residents.

Just Click No Thanks!

Not with respect to this card, but possibly this will be useful to anyone else who's been deferred for this card:

I applied for a different BofA card about two weeks ago. I called the status line (800-551-0839, #3, #2) today, and the woman I spoke with said she could complete my application -- not sure why they couldn't do that before since I wasn't asked for any new substantive information.

She asked me why I applied for the card (I didn't tell her that I was trying to increase FICO for a mortgage application a couple years down the road), and I stumbled around for a bit on that. This has been mentioned before, so beware: it looks like a stock question. Can't imagine it makes a difference though.

The rep said that along with my current $7.5k BofA card, I could be approved for an additional $5k. At first I took this to mean $12.5k, which is slightly above but still in line with my other recent acceptances. I agreed without suggesting a counteroffer. It wasn't until I got off the phone that I figured that she probably meant $5k total. Had I realized that, I probably would have asked for a bit more, but I don't mind too much with the soft-pull CLIs.

I'm not sure why some of us get indefinitely deferred, but this might generally be something for you to expect.

Thanks OP! An easy $250 for me, once my girlfriend and her roommate get home it will be an easy $250 for each of them too!

Is it possible to apply for 2 of these cards and recieve the 25,000 point bonuse on each (after spending $250 per of course)??????

So glad all of you are taking advantage of the deal.... its exciting to see everyone carry around Iowa Hawkeye Cards now!

Now if only I could have received 500 points for each person who applied for this card and was approved, I'd have enough for a couple more football tickets

It was fun to share and see everyone's reaction here!

Have fun spending the $250!

just applied for it but i got the "30 days" message

what should I do now?

also, if i get approved, do i make the purchase totaling at least $250 then they send me a check for $250?

ThreeDJMay said: So glad all of you are taking advantage of the deal.... its exciting to see everyone carry around Iowa Hawkeye Cards now!

Now if only I could have received 500 points for each person who applied for this card and was approved, I'd have enough for a couple more football tickets

i thought you only the the $250 when you spend $250 on the card right?

WOOHOO. Got in for my wife and myself. Instant approval for $5000 CL each.

Question:

The 25,000 bonus points can be redeemed for $250, which is what most people are doing. What about redeem for flight to anywhere in continental US, upto $400 value. Isn't this a better deal, if you fly from coast to coast when the ticket cost $300-400? Or is worldpoints system not useful for travel?

Sorry for what may be a stupid question, but I need some help ...
I just applied and did not get to see the "30 days" or "instant approval" page ... After being presented with the "I'm thinking" screen for 15-20 sec I got the magazine subscription choice page, clicked "No, thanks" after which I was directed here. Was the decision (approved/deferred/denied) shown on the magazine subscription screen which I clicked through too fast?

Also got the 30 day message, called and was declined. I do not carry a balance on any of my cards and my credit score is very high. When I called they could not give me a specific reason and said I would have to wait for the letter. The only thing that may have affected my situation was I applied and was approved for the AMEX Business Gold Card days earlier. Additionally, I'm kind of a noobie to credit overall as my oldest card is 14 months. Should I call back BOA and ask to speak with a credit analyst?

cyberkost said: Sorry for what may be a stupid question, but I need some help ...
I just applied and did not get to see the "30 days" or "instant approval" page ... After being presented with the "I'm thinking" screen for 15-20 sec I got the magazine subscription choice page, clicked "No, thanks" after which I was directed here. Was the decision (approved/deferred/denied) shown on the magazine subscription screen which I clicked through too fast?

Maybe something just slipped away from your eyes. I think you can call to verify if you've submitted the application successfully. Good luck!

ThreeDJMay said: So glad all of you are taking advantage of the deal.... its exciting to see everyone carry around Iowa Hawkeye Cards now!

The things we do for $$... I'm a die-hard Buckeyes fan!

cyberkost said: Sorry for what may be a stupid question, but I need some help ...
i got the exact same thing. hmmmm....

pfunk said: Also got the 30 day message, called and was declined. I do not carry a balance on any of my cards and my credit score is very high. When I called they could not give me a specific reason and said I would have to wait for the letter. The only thing that may have affected my situation was I applied and was approved for the AMEX Business Gold Card days earlier. Additionally, I'm kind of a noobie to credit overall as my oldest card is 14 months. Should I call back BOA and ask to speak with a credit analyst?

be proactive, don't just sit there waiting for the denial letter, ask to speak to a credit analyst, tell her you have a good history and has never paid late, i did that to increase my credit limit from 0 to 5k

--

forgetme said:
The things we do for $$... I'm a die-hard Buckeyes fan!

Haha...same here...I wonder what will the reaction be if I use this card around the campus area....at least it's not a michigan card

just got approved on the phone for a $5000 CL! woot!

now, how do i get the $250? do i gotta spend the $250 first on the card or is it just any first time purchase?

all i need is a yes or no answer

I just spoke with credit analyst on phone, she had no idea about the bonus, she told me that there is nothing such as bonus on the account as far as she knows...she is going to touch base with me tomorrow.
looks like its gonna be difficult to claim 250
lets see.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 14 5 67831
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014