• 12 3 4531
  • Page
  • Text Only
Deferred (rejected, most likely)
Wife instantly approved for 8K

Status phone number for deferred apps? I remember the Schwab cards had an instant status line...

Thanks Op! 9,0000 instant approval. Green for you!

deferred I wonder why, my scores are great but have some balance on BOfA card.

Any number to follow up before a processor rejects the app
Thanks OP.

Sweet! Got an instant approval for both my wife and I. Easiest $250 I ever made .

I'm in for one!

I applied through the phone number and was offered the opportunity to take some of the limit from my other BoA card (10K) to establish the new one. I split the CL into 5K for each.

I was worried that if I applied online I'd get rejected due to high balances I'm carrying on some 0%BT cards. When you apply on the phone, they transfer you to the person who pulls up your credit report, and you have a chance to talk to them about items that might cause them to turn you down otherwise (might be a good route to go for anyone with a recent AOR).

Thanks ThreeDJMay!

Instant approval for me, my spouse, and son (college student). He actually wanted a BOA card because that's where his student checking is located. I personally can't stand BOA, so I'll be thrilled to collect $500 and then cancel.

Deferred decision for me. I have $100K+ in BT money right now though....

ThreeDJMay said: Yes they pulled Experian for me...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it state specific (or zip code specific) which CRA is pulled? That has been my experience (opening the "same" card from different states) and that's what the discussions/database on creditboards seem to indicate. This is to say that along with the CRA name it is important to state the state (what an interesting tautology) you indicated on the application form. In particular, I'm interested what CRA was pulled for NY, ZIP=105XX.

Experian pull for me. I'm in Michigan.

ShaneM said: Experian pull for me. I'm in Michigan.Aaah - I wish this was around 3 weeks ago I'm not even going to try.

Does anyone know over what period do you have to make purchases of $250? Is it over 1 month, or over 6 months since the approval?

miken232 said: We can always cancel once get the bonus!

that is my plan

Thanks. In For 1.

No instant approval I got that is because I am not a US citizen nor PR.

cyberkost said: ThreeDJMay said: Yes they pulled Experian for me...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it state specific (or zip code specific) which CRA is pulled? That has been my experience (opening the "same" card from different states) and that's what the discussions/database on creditboards seem to indicate. This is to say that along with the CRA name it is important to state the state (what an interesting tautology) you indicated on the application form. In particular, I'm interested what CRA was pulled for NY, ZIP=105XX.

I am in Texas and i have 10 on experian and 1 each on the other 2. I tried for this one and got deffered. I know that when I disputed some info recently on experian the return address for them was in the same town that i live in (allen, tx). not sure if this is the reason for everyone pulling experian for me.

OK, I'm new to all this. Sorry, I did this and got approved. I'm wanting to go for this offer too.

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

Isn't it better for your credit score to do as many apps on one day as possible? When should I cancel these cards or does it matter?

Thanks for the link. Don't think I've been accepted as got the deferred message.

Can't win them all.

Approved instantly with $9K credit limit. Thanks OP!

Instantly approved, for only 2.7k. Why is the CL so low? I do have another FIA (Charles Schwarb MBNA) card with CL of 10k.

WildcatTofu said: No instant approval I got that is because I am not a US citizen nor PR.

Do you currently have a job? If so, you must have a SSN. Then you can select US Citizen/Permanent Resident.
They don't ask you for the Alien number. So, you will be safe! GL

got deferred....called 2 hours later and approved for $5k lone (5 days after a mini AOR in which i got another BOA card...)

Univ of Souther California:

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAA8RP

25 SUCKs.

Why is there such a difference in rewards? Wow.

Easy $$, Got approved online.
Where is Iowa anyway?
FWIW: Nothing in the app/fine print says
you have to be an alumni.

approved with $2.5k credit limit. Great deal. Thanks OP

Thanks OP!
In for one, got an instant approval for a low $5000 CL but the $250 will be sweet.

Congratulations, your credit card application has been approved with a $8000 credit line! You will receive your credit card within 7 to 10 days and the Welcome Package within 10 - 14 days at the address you provided.

WOW. I thought I was going to get one of those we will send a decision to you in the mail response. I had been getting those about 2 months ago when I was applying for credit cards. Keep in mind you need to call in to cancel the magazine, otherwise, they will charge you for renewal. I know I will forget it.

Automatic Renewal Information:
Upon activating this card, making a transaction within 90 days of being approved for this credit card and having accepted the trial offer, you will receive 10 complimentary issues of the magazine you selected courtesy of FIA Card Services, N.A. This offer is distributed by Magazine Retail Enterprises, Inc. ("MRE"). You will receive notification by mail prior to receiving your first free issue. After your 10 free issues, YOU AUTHORIZE MRE to charge your card in time to renew your magazine subscription, without interruption, before the start of each new semi-annual term unless you cancel. The charge for the first renewal is $29.95 for 28 issues and then at the low subscriber rate in effect for all subsequent renewals. Before the trial period ends, you will receive a written notice that your magazine will continue. If at any time you are not 100% satisfied, you may call Sports Illustrated at 1-888-929-8101, Entertainment Weekly at 1-800-828-6882 or Time at 1-800-843-TIME to cancel your subscription and receive a refund for all unmailed issues. By taking advantage of the magazine offer, you will be disclosing to MRE that you are a credit card customer of FIA Card Services, N.A. Information regarding your account will be provided to MRE to fulfill your request and bill the account if you have not elected to cancel. This offer is valid for new subscribers with valid mailing address in the United States and Canada only. Sports Illustrated and Time publish five double issues. Each double issue counts as two of 56 issues in an annual subscription. Sports Illustrated and Time may also publish occasional extra issues. Entertainment Weekly publishes eight double issues a year. Each double issue counts as two of 57 issues in an annual subscription. Entertainment Weekly may also publish occasional extra issues. Offer void for VT residents.

No quick approval for me and I thought my credit was good.

Oh, well, so it goes. They didn't deny me either so maybe I will be approved some day, in the fullness of time, out into the great unknown recesses of the space-time continuum.

Or perhaps not.

Wow ..my Credit Rating is great i think..I was expecting a $ 2-5K limit..but i still don't get how they come up with 9700$ instead of either 9K or 9.5K..

Thanks OP

Congratulations, your credit card application has been approved with a $9700 credit line! You will receive your credit card within 7 to 10 days and the Welcome Package within 10 - 14 days at the address you provided.

Weird: I applied and received the "We'll let you know in 30 days" message, so 10 minutes later I called them (1-800-551-0839) and hit #3 to check on the status of an application (choosing the subsequent option saying that it had been more than 10 days since I submitted, since if you don't it hangs up on you).

The rep asked for my name, ZIP, and mother's maiden name...and right away told me that I had been approved already and that I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Moral: I wouldn't worry much about the "30 days" message, since at least some of them really are instants.

Funny...they gave me the same CL ($4700) that they gave me when I did my mini-AOR last month. Doesn't matter though - $250 purchase and then I'm done with it.

I'm planning on doing a full blown AOR next month. If I went ahead and did this card now, would it be detrimental? I also just opened the Citi checking account with $100 bonus. They did a hard pull. This would give me 2 recent inquiries, but that's the only ones I have, except for 2 that are almost 2 yrs old and about to fall off. TIA.

Applied but no instant approval. I think I already have a platinum plus card. I got an awesome magazine deal offer though! (just kidding)

thanks OP!

Got instant approval for $4500...

$250 is a nice addition to the AOR I did last month...

rseiler said: Weird: I applied and received the "We'll let you know in 30 days" message, so 10 minutes later I called them (1-800-551-0839) and hit #3 to check on the status of an application (choosing the subsequent option saying that it had been more than 10 days since I submitted, since if you don't it hangs up on you).

The rep asked for my name, ZIP, and mother's maiden name...and right away told me that I had been approved already and that I will receive the card in 7-10 days.

Moral: I wouldn't worry much about the "30 days" message, since at least some of them really are instants.

i called to check.

still pending

Does anyone get any confirmation email???

aktamucsd said: Does anyone get any confirmation email???

Can someone please help me out. I don't understand why I never get instant approval. I have 3 credit cards one with a $25k credit limit, have a great credit score, and make a six figure salary and still don't get instant approval, whats up with that?

I applied but wasn't instantly approved. They told me they would give me their decision within 30 days. I am not a student or alumni of the University of Iowa...in fact I am not a student anywhere for that matter...but I guess that really doesn't matter, right?

I got instant approval for 2.5k cl. This is actually my first time ever receiving instant approval since my FICO score isn't as high as some of you on this forum.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4531
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.