• 1 234531
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I don't know if any other "University" cards are getting this good of a deal, but I received this via e-mail, and it doesn't appear targeted as to who can apply.

The gist of the offer is 25,000 Rewards points which can be redeemed for $250 Cash... which for a BOA card, and for only spending $250 on the card is pretty sweet deal... And even better for those Iowa Hawkeye fans!!!

The BT offer is not capped, so thats not hot at all...

Apply Here

You will click on either one of the credit cards, and the 25,000 point offer will appeer.

Here is what the e-mail said...

Apply for the Iowa Rewards credit card and receive 25,000 points!
after qualifying transaction(s) §

Apply Today!
and receive 25,000 points after qualifying transaction(s)

A VIP tour of Kinnick Stadium, the opportunity to travel with the Hawkeye football team to a bowl game, an Iowa game-used football jersey--you can earn these and other great rewards with the University of Iowa's new Iowa Rewards credit card. After your first qualifying transaction(s), you'll receive 25,000 points that you can redeem for $250 in cash, an airline ticket or one of many Iowa Rewards. Or, save up your points to sit in the radio broadcast booth during a game or get passes to see a game from a suite! This offer is only available for a limited time so apply now!

Earn 1 point for every $1 in net retail purchases towards travel, hotel accommodations, merchandise, cash and more§
0% Introductory APR on balance transfers and cash advance checks for your first 12 billing cycles (subject to a 3% transaction fee, no less than $10)
No Annual Fee+
Developed in partnership with Bank of America, the Iowa Rewards program allows cardholders to redeem points for exclusive UI-related experiences and memorabilia. Plus, you have the chance to earn air travel, gift certificates, and even cash rewards offered through Bank of America's WorldPoints® program.

With Iowa Rewards, you earn one point for every net retail dollar spent; there's no annual fee and no limit on the number of points you can earn. If you don't carry a UI credit card or have a non-rewards UI card, you can apply at 1-866-438-6262 (be sure to mention priority code FABHTN if you'd like the Tigerhawk card or FABHPD if you'd like to receive the card featuring the Old Capitol.)

Apply today to relive your UI experience through Iowa Rewards.

Thanks again for your continued support of the University of Iowa!
On, Iowa and Go, Hawks!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
OMG,, is this kid for real? please tell me this was a joke?

ProfessorKev (Jan. 12, 2008 @ 6:19p) |

Collected my $600 a while back and pretty much forgot about this dead deal. But back now and seeing all the $25 bonus p... (more)

shinobi1 (Jan. 12, 2008 @ 8:30p) |

deleted

natureabor (Jan. 13, 2008 @ 1:16a) |

Check your statements, just recieved $15.00 "promotional credit" 12/20/07!

dead as of 7/23. Both apps are dead online. Called CSR and confirmed that both codes have expired.

new link, that works at of 7/19/2007: https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?mc=A000002F9J&sc=FABHTM

as of morning 7/13, the original post's link doesn't work IF YOU CLICK IT THROUGH FATWALLET. But it seems to work if you copy and paste:
https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/us/iowa-fabhpc/index.html

Also,
May still be honored over the phone. As of 7/17 people are still being approved over the phone with the offer code and number below.

The number on the offer is (800)-932-2775
Offer Code: FABHTN

Here are the PDF's everyone is clamoring for (These DO show the 25000 points picture on them):

Card 1

Card 2

Image of 25,000 points mention:
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/2408/iowamcgb2.png

Image of $250 in the application itself:
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4059/iowamc2bk3.png

BEWARE! BEWARE!

Bank of America credit analysts will reallocate WITHOUT EVEN ASKING YOU! Make sure you check your other accounts to ensure they did not reallocate from them without asking you.

Automatic Renewal Information:
Upon activating this card, making a transaction within 90 days of being approved for this credit card and having accepted the trial offer, you will receive 10 complimentary issues of the magazine you selected courtesy of FIA Card Services, N.A. This offer is distributed by Magazine Retail Enterprises, Inc. ("MRE"). You will receive notification by mail prior to receiving your first free issue. After your 10 free issues, YOU AUTHORIZE MRE to charge your card in time to renew your magazine subscription, without interruption, before the start of each new semi-annual term unless you cancel. The charge for the first renewal is $29.95 for 28 issues and then at the low subscriber rate in effect for all subsequent renewals. Before the trial period ends, you will receive a written notice that your magazine will continue. If at any time you are not 100% satisfied, you may call Sports Illustrated at 1-888-929-8101, Entertainment Weekly at 1-800-828-6882 or Time at 1-800-843-TIME to cancel your subscription and receive a refund for all unmailed issues. By taking advantage of the magazine offer, you will be disclosing to MRE that you are a credit card customer of FIA Card Services, N.A. Information regarding your account will be provided to MRE to fulfill your request and bill the account if you have not elected to cancel. This offer is valid for new subscribers with valid mailing address in the United States and Canada only. Sports Illustrated and Time publish five double issues. Each double issue counts as two of 56 issues in an annual subscription. Sports Illustrated and Time may also publish occasional extra issues. Entertainment Weekly publishes eight double issues a year. Each double issue counts as two of 57 issues in an annual subscription. Entertainment Weekly may also publish occasional extra issues. Offer void for VT residents.

APPLICATION STATUS CHECK(800) 932-2775 OR 1-800-551-0839 (Option #3 then #2)

To check online, https://www1.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/decision/
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. in for me and wife.

In for me, will let the wife know about this one too. Quick, easy, painless app, approved immediately for a $2500 limit.

Just 250 purchase. good deal.

§To qualify for this offer, your new account must be used to make any combination of purchase, cash advance or balance transfer transactions totaling at least $250 (exclusive of transaction fees, if any). Please allow 8-12 weeks for the 25,000 bonus points to be credited to your account after qualifying. $250 Cash and Round-trip airfare are available for redemption for 25,000 points. You may use your bonus points to redeem for the airline ticket or for any other available redemption. Offer sponsored by FIA Card Services, N.A.

site looks a little funny, is that a secure c.c. appl. site ??

Thanks for that clarification... when I was looking at the "fine" print I didn't see that $250 purchase requirement, but still easy to do.

fatcool said: Just 250 purchase. good deal.

§To qualify for this offer, your new account must be used to make any combination of purchase, cash advance or balance transfer transactions totaling at least $250 (exclusive of transaction fees, if any). Please allow 8-12 weeks for the 25,000 bonus points to be credited to your account after qualifying. $250 Cash and Round-trip airfare are available for redemption for 25,000 points. You may use your bonus points to redeem for the airline ticket or for any other available redemption. Offer sponsored by FIA Card Services, N.A.

great offer, kaka

Super duper. Thanks!

Nutwood said: site looks a little funny, is that a secure c.c. appl. site ??

do a search at Fatwallet. You will see a lot of cc offers posted here link to that site.

Where will these 25,000 Rewards points get posted and how do you redeem them for cash? Is it Bank of America who is going to send me a check or will it come from Iowa Rewards? How easy to deal with are these Iowa Rewards?

I'm glad others are jumping on this... I missed out on the Chase $250 because I had applied for a Chase Business Card 90 days prior... arghh...

And for those who don't want to apply via the link, you can use the toll free number too..

and BTW it pulled from Experian for me.

Anyone got this?
The application you requested
is currently unavailable.

Your business is important to us.

Please call us at one of the following numbers and we will
be happy to process your request immediately:
United States 1-800-551-0839
Canada 1-877-862-7759
Ireland 1-800-409-510
United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440
United Kingdom Loans 0-800-051-0313

Thank you for your interest.

Thank You

Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days.

Bonus
As a thank you, receive 10 complimentary magazine issues with automatic renewal features (after activating your credit card and making a transaction) - see details below*.

Choose one of the following:

Thanks. Got instantly approved with $8000 limit.

Not all applications are instantly accepted is what I think it is telling you...

wca53 said: Thank You

Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days.

Bonus
As a thank you, receive 10 complimentary magazine issues with automatic renewal features (after activating your credit card and making a transaction) - see details below*.

Choose one of the following:

what's wrong?

I am wondering do I need to be an alumni of University of Iowa to qualify this offer. Thanks for answer.

no such requirement was mentioned in the application.

wsailor said: Anyone got this?
is currently unavailable.

Please call us at one of the following numbers and we will
be happy to process your request immediately:
United States 1-800-551-0839
Canada 1-877-862-7759
Ireland 1-800-409-510
United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440
United Kingdom Loans 0-800-051-0313

I got the same response. Wonder why???

Thanks OP! Got one.
"Congratulations, your credit card application has been approved with a $8000 credit line! You will receive your credit card within 7 to 10 days and the Welcome Package within 10 - 14 days at the address you provided."

if they do not list a max BT fee, is it just 3% of BT amount?

Cheers OP the wifey and I instantly approved. Easy $500. Thought my 80 plus experian inquiries from AMEX promos would scare them off but as usual the credit card banks are too greedy for their own good.

chaalu said: wsailor said: Anyone got this?
is currently unavailable. . .

I got the same response. Wonder why???

I got that using Netscape, but then it worked in IE. Maybe coincidence (that it came back into operation at the instant I switched browers) but more likely brower/security level issues, I have Netscape security set "higher" than IE*

* Reasons of my own choosing which I'd rather not get into here, I hate IE as much as anybody so please let it go.

The first time I applied it gave me the same error and then transferred me to another page to apply - BUT - the bonus now was a fleece Iowa blanket (whippee!). Blankets are great and all but I would personally rather keep warm with $250 of cash )

So ... I went back to the original link, clicked this time on the Cap building, made sure I clicked the two buttons at the top that ask questions (which I didn't do or see when I clicked on the Hawk card) and everything went through fine. Still said I was pending but that is probably because I just did a little AOR myself and have a ton of inquiries out there.

Good luck and I hope I get that approval!

Same here: WHY?

The credit card application "link" you
requested is currently unavailable.

We will be happy to process your credit card request immediately

Please call 1-800-551-0839 Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. until midnight (Eastern time). TTY users, please call 1-866-247-3249 to apply by phone.

Thank you for your interest

Approved! Green for OP!

Wow, these goofballs gave me another card. Will they ever learn?

Signed up both myself and the wife. Thanks!

Funny, though...both were approved instantly, but she got 13.3k and I got a measly 8k.
And she doesn't even work (stay-at-home mom).
Guess they figure she has more time to spend the $$$!

green for you OP. can we apply only for 1 card or we can apply for both and receive 2x25k points?

Easy $500....got instant approval for me ($5000) and my wife ($8000)....Thanks OP !!

First time I got the "application unavailable" trying the card on the left...switched to the card on the right and got instant approval on both....maybe just random luck...wonder if I submitted 2 aps for me ???

PS: GO HAWKEYES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or whatever they are)....

Wheeee.

Thanks OP! Instant approval of $5k. First time I got an application approved instantaneously

I love these $250 bonuses.

thanks, instantly approved for 5k

Looks like BOA is giving away lots of money today !!

Instant approved for 15k, wow, nice! Time for the wife now!

Update: wife got 10k instant.

No instant approval for me & wife.
Hm, my FICO is over 800. What gives?
Getting a bit anxious.

To qualify for this offer, your new account must be used to make any combination of purchase, cash advance or balance transfer transactions totaling at least $250 (exclusive of transaction fees, if any).

cool>>>

Instant approve for 8K ..then the page refreshed before I could print and sign up for the magazine offer. Hitting "back" - says sorry the application you requested is not available .... Same q though as someone asked above ...can we apply for both and get 2*250K pts?

Thanks OP. Both my wife and I got in for $5K each. Easy $500

Damn. This would be great for my AOR, but it's 25 days too early. Knowing this place we're going to cause the revocation of this offer by then.

To answer an earlier post, yes the BT fee is uncapped, so a straight 3%. In other words, don't BT with it.

Got approved for the card on right.
A bit OT, all you guys monitoring credit, what service do you use. Any cheap deals on those....

Skipping 1164 Messages...
deleted

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 234531
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014