• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Washington Mutual Platinum MasterCard®

0% FIXED APR for 12 months on Balances Transferred now (not on Purchases or Cash Advances)*

* Up to 10% Cash Back on Gas Purchases for 6 Months*
Up to 5% Cash Back on "Everyday Purchases" and 1% on Other Purchases*
* No annual fee!
* $0 liability on unauthorized transactions
* Platinum MasterCard credit card benefits

*Earning level is based on total year-to-date purchases; you'll earn the highest Cash Back rates once you reach $4,000 in purchases each year. Get up to 5% Cash Back on "everyday purchases" made at dry cleaners, gas stations, grocery stores, and drugstores that are not departments of superstores or warehouse clubs. See for more important information about this offer, rates (including the Default APR), applicable balance transfer fees, and the WaMu Cash Rewards Program.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Which bureau did WAMU pull from?

qteepye (Oct. 28, 2008 @ 12:17p) |

Same bureau as the source of their FAKO scores, TU.

cyclepoints (Oct. 28, 2008 @ 1:44p) |

Anyone have the original offer captured? I'm getting a hard time from WAMU/JPMC on the rewards program.

marketingmike (Oct. 28, 2008 @ 7:49p) |

You will earn a cash rebate for all net new purchases (new purchases less returns and credit adjustments) that you make with your card during each Rebate Period. The first Rebate Period will consist of the first 12 billing cycles after account opening; each subsequent Rebate Period will include the next 12 cycles. The rebate you earn will be based on your total net new purchases to that point during the Rebate Period, as follows:

total.......................EDP..................gas for..................other
spending...................(except gas).........(first 6 months)...........purchases

$0 - $1,000...................0.5%....................5.5%....................0.25%
$1,001 - $2,000.................1%......................6%....................0.5%
$2,001 - $4,000.................3%......................8%....................0.75%
$4,001..........................5%.....................10%....................1%

Everyday Purchases are purchases made at grocery stores, gas stations, drugstores, and dry cleaners and generally do not include purchases made at superstores and warehouse clubs
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hot! use it as a BT card for the first 12 months, then it becomes AMEX Blue Cash, Jr. nice!

Need to spend $4000 before getting the 10% on gas, 5% on EDP, lesser rebates for spending under $4000.
See T&C for tier.

$75 max BT fee.

lhendricks92 said: hot! use it as a BT card for the first 12 months, then it becomes AMEX Blue Cash, Jr. nice!

No, mega rebate % only lasts first 6 months.

What are the rewards after the first 6 months?

Good deal! I applied for a Wamu card with a worse deal 6 hours ago

Good find, I'll add this to my AoR 2 list pending the terms haven't changed by then.

Monthly Fico score for free too!

mhesidence said: lhendricks92 said: hot! use it as a BT card for the first 12 months, then it becomes AMEX Blue Cash, Jr. nice!

No, mega rebate % only lasts first 6 months. But its 0% for both BT and purchases so you can do both at the same time.

I was ignoring the temporary 10% gas rebate. 5% for EDP (including gas) extends BEYOND the first 6 months. Yes, there's that $4000 tier, but that's less than the $6500 AMEX Blue Cash tier.

This is a very nice card for a relatively big spender.

You will earn a cash rebate for all net new purchases (new purchases less returns and credit adjustments) that you make with your card during each Rebate Period. The first Rebate Period will consist of the first 12 billing cycles after account opening; each subsequent Rebate Period will include the next 12 cycles. The rebate you earn will be based on your total net new purchases to that point during the Rebate Period, as follows:

total.......................EDP..................gas for..................other
spending.......(except gas)....(first 6 months).......purchases

$0–$1,000...........0.5%..................5.5%....................0.25%
$1,001–$2,000.......1%....................6%......................0.5%
$2,001–$4,000.......3%....................8%......................0.75%
$4,001+..................5%....................10%......................1%

Everyday Purchases are purchases made at grocery stores, gas stations, drugstores, and dry cleaners and generally do not include purchases made at superstores and warehouse clubs

So it's 5.5% back and up on gas? If so, sounds hot.

mhesidence said: But its 0% for both BT and purchases so you can do both at the same time.

NO! Look at the T&C. 0% ONLY FOR BALANCE TRANSFERS.

Wamu makes a lot of different offers, so maybe you're thinking of a different one?

My wife and I got targeted offers from Wamu in March. On hers, the purchase rewards were like this, on mine, you get points, 5% on EDP, no special 10% on gas, but no tiers either. Interest on BT, but no fee, and if you made a BT of at least $100, 0% on purchases until October 2008. So we each got the card we were offered, did a $100 BT and paid it off right away. On mine, there was 22 cents interest which got rebated back because that was the only thing on the card; on hers, same 22 cents, but she had bought some gas so there was a balance on the card, so we had to pay the 22 cents.

If I was getting a lot of offers from Wamu, I think I might wait a bit before taking this offer, to see what else they might be going to send me, and then go ahead with it if I didn't get anything better. We got a lot of offers that weren't as good as what we eventually got.

I think on ours they said CL up to $30,000, and I got $30,000 and my wife got $28,000. So if you've been getting high CL's from your other apps, you might want to put down a largish number for the BT on this one.

How do I do BT to my checking account since I don't have a CC with a balance? tx

janwad said: Monthly Fico score for free too!
Wamu shut me down on my last AOR, but this one is getting added this time. They've sent me 3 frickin' solicitations a week since they denied me last November. They better accept me.

Tinkering yields:

https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm03
https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm04
0% FIXED APR for 9 months on Purchases and Balances Transferred NOW (not on Cash Advances)

https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm05
https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm06
0% FIXED APR for 6 months on Purchases and Balances Transferred Now (not on Cash Advances)

https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm07
0% FIXED APR for 9 months on Purchases and Balances Transferred NOW (not on Cash Advances)
Up to 10% Cash Back on Gas Purchases for 6 Months*
Up to 5% Cash Back on "Everyday Purchases" and 1% on Other Purchases

https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm08
0% FIXED APR for 12 months on Balances Transferred now (not on Purchases or Cash Advances)

https://www.providiancard.com/bap/wmmwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=wmm09
0% FIXED APR for 12 months on Balances Transferred now (not on Purchases or Cash Advances)
Up to 10% Cash Back on Gas Purchases for 6 Months*
Up to 5% Cash Back on "Everyday Purchases" and 1% on Other Purchases

I'm interested in this deal, the 5% Cash Back is only for the 1st 6 months according to lhendricks92, correct?

I'm not a reward card chaser like you guys , I just want the best card with the best rewards program and use it for a longggg time.

0hieuem said: I'm interested in this deal, the 5% Cash Back is only for the 1st 6 months according to lhendricks92, correct?

I'm not a reward card chaser like you guys , I just want the best card with the best rewards program and use it for a longggg time.

NO, just the GAS at 10% CashBack lasts for 6 months. EDP (plus dry cleaning) Cash Back at 5% lasts indefinitely.

lhendricks92 said: 5% for EDP (including gas) extends BEYOND the first 6 months. Yes, there's that $4000 tier, but that's less than the $6500 AMEX Blue Cash tier.

lemec said: Get up to 5% Cash Back on "everyday purchases" made at dry cleaners, gas stations, grocery stores, (snip)
And that's my problem with this card. I'll stick with my Chase Freedom card which is 3% and not tiered.

TYTBUDGET

Good info. Thanks OP. Anyone know if there is a maximim reward?

TYTBUDGET said: lemec said: Get up to 5% Cash Back on "everyday purchases" made at dry cleaners, gas stations, grocery stores, (snip)
And that's my problem with this card. I'll stick with my Chase Freedom card which is 3% and not tiered.

TYTBUDGET

After doing the math between the WaMu MC and the Chase Freedom, considering the extra $50 for every $200 with Chase and assuming both cards would only be used for everday purchase categories, it seems the WaMu card becomes the better deal if you spend more than around $8,800. (Though it's always good to have someone double check the numbers).

robbierob03 said: TYTBUDGET said: lemec said: Get up to 5% Cash Back on "everyday purchases" made at dry cleaners, gas stations, grocery stores, (snip)

TYTBUDGET

After doing the math between the WaMu MC and the Chase Freedom, considering the extra $50 for every $200 with Chase and assuming both cards would only be used for everday purchase categories, it seems the WaMu card becomes the better deal if you spend more than around $8,800. (Though it's always good to have someone double check the numbers).

I calculate an even $10K - not a problem for my hungry, gas-guzzling, prescription-drug-buying, ironing-avoiding family.

lhendricks92 said:

I calculate an even $10K - not a problem for my hungry, gas-guzzling, prescription-drug-buying, ironing-avoiding family.

HaHa! I love it!

Has this offer been discontinued? I can't find any of the rewards listed on the website.

Thanks!

Freckless said: Has this offer been discontinued? I can't find any of the rewards listed on the website.

Thanks!

Still valid.

EDIT: fixed link

FFGuru said: Good info. Thanks OP. Anyone know if there is a maximim reward?

I see no mention of a maximum reward in the Terms and Conditions page.

I was approved...but only for $2500 limit which seems extraordinarily low. Is this a common experience? Any success on subsequently getting the limit raised relatively easily?

SeaPat said: I was approved...but only for $2500 limit which seems extraordinarily low. Is this a common experience? Any success on subsequently getting the limit raised relatively easily?

the standard advice on high CLs with WaMu is to request a BT with the application. however, i did a FWF search this weekend, and i'm convinced that using a pre-approved offer is the only way to hit 20-30K. even if you have great credit, high HHI, and request a high BT, but have no pre-approved offer, the best you can do is around 10K (but usually it's more like 5K).

also, they seem to refuse CLIs for 6 months after applying.

as always, YMMV.

I don't believe this is valid any longer. I applied for the card from the link, and when the card arrived, there was no mention of the Cash Reward program. When I called customer support, they indicated that there is no Cash Reward associated with my account and there was only a 1% Cash Reward program, different from what is stated on the site. There was no tiers, it was 1% cash reward across all purchases.

Inq8us said: I don't believe this is valid any longer. I applied for the card from the link, and when the card arrived, there was no mention of the Cash Reward program. When I called customer support, they indicated that there is no Cash Reward associated with my account and there was only a 1% Cash Reward program, different from what is stated on the site. There was no tiers, it was 1% cash reward across all purchases.
I just got my card in the mail yesterday. There was a separate glossy sheet in the packet that had the tiered rewards described just as is on the web site.

lhendricks92 said: SeaPat said: I was approved...but only for $2500 limit which seems extraordinarily low. Is this a common experience? Any success on subsequently getting the limit raised relatively easily?

the standard advice on high CLs with WaMu is to request a BT with the application. however, i did a FWF search this weekend, and i'm convinced that using a pre-approved offer is the only way to hit 20-30K. even if you have great credit, high HHI, and request a high BT, but have no pre-approved offer, the best you can do is around 10K (but usually it's more like 5K).

as always, YMMV.

Wife: FICO=784, 19 year credit history, several $30K+ existing lines.

WaMu app: not targeted, requested 30K BT. resulting CL? a measly $4K.

Anyone use Quicken to grab their account information for a Washington Mutual Credit card?

Is it just compatible with Quicken download or can you also initiate getting the data from within Quicken?

lhendricks92 said: FFGuru said: Good info. Thanks OP. Anyone know if there is a maximim reward?

I see no mention of a maximum reward in the Terms and Conditions page.

Nope. They only do automatic reviews. No personal request on CLI.
THe good thing is, they really pull your TU (for me) every month and raise your CL every 3-4 months (in my case).

wife got her card today with the Cash Back flyer. thanks again, OP! time to buy some gas!

argh! rejected!

Beware of using these links... I applied for the card with the "cash rewards program" and it did not show up on the account. I tried calling customer service today after receiving my first statement and they refusued to add it to my account.

Just went through the application - all fine, showed exactly the levels of rebates the OP gave... Tiny 3k credit line, though, but oh well.

Hehe, you think 3k is nothing...
Score is ~730, never missed payments, perfect credit history, and my total credit amounts to 2,300 (2 cards- 1,300 and 1,000).
I guess I only spend around 6,000 a year on credit cards, but with my score, I don't see why it matters.

Beware of the problems at WaMu with calculating your rebates. I received my very first statement, and right away I saw that the rebate amount calculated was way too low. Trying different combinations of possible % points (try it - it could be fun for the whole family! ), I was able to figure out that a couple of my Shell gas purchases were calculated at 0.25%, instead of 5.5%. I called CS three times. First two times they were reading me the terms, saying everything is fine. Third time, they said that they are having a problem with the rebate-calculation formula, and will fix it at some point. Advised to wait for another month, and call back if it's still incorrect. Makes me think in a month I will have to call multiple times again, and will be told to wait another month...

Just calc your rebates, to make sure they are Ok.

lhendricks92 said:

as always, YMMV.

I requested a BT and got a 30K limit without using a pre-approved offer. I just used the link from the OP.

Skipping 43 Messages...
Anyone have the original offer captured? I'm getting a hard time from WAMU/JPMC on the rewards program.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014