• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.capitalone.com/tv/

The feature I like the most are:

-1.25% CashBack everything
-no international transaction fee

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thank Andy for clarification. It seems VISA is more accepted in Asia.

maoxiang (Sep. 25, 2007 @ 5:15p) |

1% regular
.25% bonus will be applied on acct 1 or 2 billing cycles from Nov1

acct by default is NOT set up for automatic ... (more)

yurgreat (Sep. 30, 2007 @ 10:23a) |

was looking for a card for international travel. approved instantly.
credit limit not disclosed. wonder why ?

this time I... (more)

acura03 (Oct. 15, 2007 @ 5:11p) |

Link

1% regular
.25% bonus will be applied on acct 1 or 2 billing cycles from Nov1

acct is NOT set up for automatic redemption. you have to call their rewards # (800 228-3001) to manually redeem any amount, or setup automatic redemption at $25 increments.

note:
the rewards 800 # is different from their main CSR # on the back of the card. the csr will just xfer you to that #.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1% Cash Back
25% bonus on Cash Back at end of year
Request rewards anytime.
No limit on cash rewards.
13.81 variable APR.

This would be hot if it also had 0% APR for 1 year. Otherwise you are better off with a 0% card and putting that money you would of paid to credit card back in a high yield savings account and get 5%+ interest

Since Capone doesn't have 0% deals for their non-targeted offers, this is pretty hot. Wish I knew about it for my AOR.

StudentID said:
no international transaction fee


This may encourage me to apply for one. I think capital one is the only major CC issuer that doesn't charge international transaction fee.

I was looking at the credit pulls database on creditboards and some people say that they pull from all 3. May want to keep this in mind if you are thinking about this card.

I can vouch that CapitalOne pulled from all three when I applied for my no hassle cash card last august.

It was still worth it for me, as I spend $2-3k a month in business expenses (mostly hotel) on this card.

StudentID said: http://www.capitalone.com/tv/

The feature I like the most are:

-1.25% CashBack everything
-no international transaction fee


got instant approval! cool!

my 1st general rewards card over 1%. (discover wil be my other card in my wallet for 5% gas.)

Question: Does Capital One report the credit line on this card?

Sounds like a good deal otherwise. Thanks in advance.

My stand is that if you really need a Cap1 card, go for it. If not, a $16.66 gain per hard pull is not worth it (let alone the fact that the EXP one will stay there for 2 years for sure).

I got immediate rejection. Could be fallout from my last round of apps.

I called 866-660-4079 and they were nice enough to give me a straight statement credit as a courtesy since I recently got this card a week ago for some of my international traveling.

Thanks!

Hindustani said: StudentID said:
no international transaction fee


This may encourage me to apply for one. I think capital one is the only major CC issuer that doesn't charge international transaction fee.
Not positive and haven't searched, but I think Discover might be one that also doesn't charge Int fees. Those are the only 2 I've heard of.

mickcris said: I was looking at the credit pulls database on creditboards and some people say that they pull from all 3. May want to keep this in mind if you are thinking about this card.I had 2 or 3 card back with them in the late 90s and in y2k. They always pulled all 3 and for as long as I've been on CB, I'm pretty sure everyone still reports that they do this. Not worth it for me.


XeroK00L said: Question: Does Capital One report the credit line on this card?
No, they report your high balance. Easy if you get one of their low limit cards, but not if you get a $10K+ line. If you complain enough, they'll sometimes report your limit for a month, but the following cycle...it goes back to the way its always been (high balance).

faztcobra said: Not positive and haven't searched, but I think Discover might be one that also doesn't charge Int fees.
Discover card is virtually unknown outside of the Northern America.

bubbagump said: I called 866-660-4079 and they were nice enough to give me a straight statement credit as a courtesy since I recently got this card a week ago for some of my international traveling.

Thanks!


Wow, that was nice.

i have a capital one platinum card right now with only $1500 cl. can i call up cap1 and ask them to convert my platinum card into a no hassle cash reward one? i wanted to convert because i heard if u convert they will not have to do a hard pull and since my credit score is pretty low cause i just started having a cc for only 2 years so i don't want anything to lower my credit score. thanks

I have been waiting a card from capitalone with enough incentive. Thanks OP.

Unfreakin believable. I was denied online. I wait for the letter to explain why.

Got the statement credit. Looks like the "tv" in the promo stands for DirectTV: DRTV_$50_STATEME NT_CREDIT.

01LX said: Unfreakin believable. I was denied online. I wait for the letter to explain why.

Me too, what the hell. People doing AOR's can get 20 cards at once, and I can't get ONE from bottom-of-the-barrel Capital One?

01LX said: Unfreakin believable. I was denied online. I wait for the letter to explain why.

Same. 760 FICO

3 pulls

denied as well. 780+ FICO.

$42k = AMEX credit limit
$78k = citi credit limit
$25k = chase credit limit

cap1 = denied

anybody know why?

denied here too with great credit. what a waste.

approved, i went with the "good but not great" credit application, not the lowest APR but the one with no annual fee. dont care about the APR as I'll be paying it off every month and thought I'd have a better shot at getting an approval. also said I would be interested in BT checks, dunno if that helped.

measly $1k credit line though

cklennon said: approved, i went with the "good but not great" credit application, not the lowest APR but the one with no annual fee. dont care about the APR as I'll be paying it off every month and thought I'd have a better shot at getting an approval. also said I would be interested in BT checks, dunno if that helped.

measly $1k credit line though


That's interesting. I applied for the "great" option since I didn't think there was any reason for these jokers to deny my application. For the others that got rejected, did you also choose unwisely?

Calebfornia said: denied as well. 780+ FICO.

$42k = AMEX credit limit
$78k = citi credit limit
$25k = chase credit limit

cap1 = denied

anybody know why?


You're not likely to provide any late/over limit fee income.

DoctorJ said: cklennon said: approved, i went with the "good but not great" credit application, not the lowest APR but the one with no annual fee. dont care about the APR as I'll be paying it off every month and thought I'd have a better shot at getting an approval. also said I would be interested in BT checks, dunno if that helped.

measly $1k credit line though


That's interesting. I applied for the "great" option since I didn't think there was any reason for these jokers to deny my application. For the others that got rejected, did you also choose unwisely?

Huh? Yes, there are four options (1)Excellent (2)Above avg (3)Credit that needs improvement (4) Limited credit history.

Where is this "great" option you are speaking of?

Well, I suppose I did choose the Excellent option. D'oh, who am I kidding.

01LX said: Unfreakin believable. I was denied online. I wait for the letter to explain why.
Letter arrived today. Credit pull from TU.

Denied for having "too many recent inquiries," for I was recently denied the Cap1 No Hassle Rewards and CitiBusiness card.

Due to these recent (inquiries) approved cc's, Citi PremierPass Elite, Exxon-Mobil gas, AMEX Business Gold, Sonycard, BofA Univ. of Iowa Alum.

Reason for the denied CitiBusiness still not confirmed, but possibly for same reason. Oh, almost forgot about the HSBC Premier 2% rebate card, DENIED!

approved, $20k c.l., bonus credited immediately after first use

tuphat said: approved, $20k c.l., bonus credited immediately after first use

mine's got credited on the 2nd bill

Question for all you Cap1 cc holders. Which brand did you get, Visa or MC? Did you have the option to choose? TIA

DoctorJ said: 01LX said: Unfreakin believable. I was denied online. I wait for the letter to explain why.

Me too, what the hell. People doing AOR's can get 20 cards at once, and I can't get ONE from bottom-of-the-barrel Capital One?


I was declined by Capital one because the short credit history(1 year long) even if I was preapproved by its excellent credit verison and always paid in full on my bill in timely manner, don't know what's wrong with them. Experian score: 747

Can anyone who got his/her card tell me whether it is a Visa or Master card? Thanks.

maoxiang said: Can anyone who got his/her card tell me whether it is a Visa or Master card? Thanks.

it is a visa card

Andy7984 said: maoxiang said: Can anyone who got his/her card tell me whether it is a Visa or Master card? Thanks.

it is a visa card


Thank Andy for clarification. It seems VISA is more accepted in Asia.

StudentID said: http://www.capitalone.com/tv/

The feature I like the most are:

-1.25% CashBack everything
-no international transaction fee


1% regular
.25% bonus will be applied on acct 1 or 2 billing cycles from Nov1

acct by default is NOT set up for automatic redemption. you have to call their rewards # (800 228-3001) to manually redeem any amount, or setup automatic redemption at $25 increments.

note:
the rewards 800 # is different from their main CSR # on the back of the card. the csr will just xfer you to that #.


edit:
they setup my closing date at 28th of the month. (ie: 10/28, so new cycle starts on 10/29)

i wonder what closing statement date will give me the .25% bonus in Nov bill instead of Dec or Jan?

i will update about when i get my bonus.

was looking for a card for international travel. approved instantly.
credit limit not disclosed. wonder why ?

this time I did not forget to take a snapshot of the offer page !
thanks op !



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.