• Text Only
I've tried to sign up for Equifax Gold last night -- got an error talked with customer service they told me my credit report was too big so they could not help me. So today, from reading all the true credit posts I went in for that and it told me "Unfortunately, Credit Monitoring services are currently unavailable. You will not be charged for this order, and we apologize for the inconvenience" anyone else having trouble like this?

Southpaw75 said: One odd thing I noticed....
Before signing up for this Key Bank deal, I've been using TC for the last 1.5 months. I've only been able to bump 1 inq off of TU. My inquiries have been TU:9, EX:8, EQ:5 for the last 2 weeks.
I just viewed my Key Bank/PrivacyMatters report for the first time...it shows TU:5, EX:6, EQ:0
When I scroll down to view the actual inquiries that companies made, I can see Equifax inquiries. Why is it saying 0 at the top when at the bottom there are obvious inquiries on my EQ report?
And also why is it such a big difference in the number of inquiries between TC and PM? Weird.

All these services are poorly designed. In the summary part in the top the KeyBank PM service calculates the inquiries incorrectly (for me, in the summary part it only shows inquiries for last 2 years). IN the bottom it lists EACH inquiry correctly.

In your case, I don't know what the problem is. Could it be that your inquiries got bumped off?

NC Identity Protect is down for me at this moment.
Trouble at after dealpass verification and then back to NC Identity website.
I hope that is not how they disconnect this service....

Logging in has become more buggy and took 20-30 tries as of yesterday. I still haven't got back in as of today. Anyone try calling customer service? I'm hesitant since I'm not a nat city customer.

Venturion said: Logging in has become more buggy and took 20-30 tries as of yesterday. I still haven't got back in as of today. Anyone try calling customer service? I'm hesitant since I'm not a nat city customer.Yeah I've called them a few times, no problem whatsoever. They just ask for your NC Identity Protect Member ID#.

I received the letter with membership id couple days ago, tried to login today, it said to contact membership services.
When I called they said that my account has been cancelled on august 10th....
Has anyone of the recent signees experienced that?

i guess there's a reason this "service" is so cheap.

i'm still rocking, but it's not exactly bulletproof. always feel like my next pull might explode the site.

does anyone how to create alerts using this service? I see a "view alerts" page but I can't find where you can create alerts!

I'm mainly using this just for monitoring credit status.. The whole site navigation seems a bit cumbersome .. I can't even change my payment method on the site. Is this only good for b*? Should I sign up for a better, more intuitive credit monitoring service instead? Any advice is appreciated as I'm pretty new to this!

vladgur said: I received the letter with membership id couple days ago, tried to login today, it said to contact membership services.
When I called they said that my account has been cancelled on august 10th....
Has anyone of the recent signees experienced that?

Did they say why?

whyshy said: does anyone how to create alerts using this service?
I was confused about this also, and I think the alerts come automatically if something material changes about your CR.

therivler1 said: whyshy said: does anyone how to create alerts using this service?
I was confused about this also, and I think the alerts come automatically if something material changes about your CR.
To get to National City's Guide to Understanding Alerts page, follow these steps: once you access your new report, from your Welcome page click Credit Center (top); from there click Credit Alerts (top); next click Understanding Alerts (left side of the page just beneath View Credit Alerts).

Guide to Understanding Alerts

Our Credit Alerts service automatically scans your credit data on a daily basis and sends you email notifications when something changes. Depending on your subscription level, our Credit Alerts either monitor your TransUnion credit report or all three of your reports from TransUnion, Equifax and Experian.

Email notifications are sent the same day that something changes in your credit data. An alert can be triggered by one of several types of credit changes including address changes, new inquiries, posting of negative information such as late payments, new account openings, public record postings and other factors such as name changes or fraud alerts.

Customers with Credit Alerts that monitor all three credit reporting agencies may note that alerts are not always sent for all three agencies at the same time. Each of the credit bureaus maintains your records independently and may not make the same updates at the same time. Additionally, some records (such as inquiries) may be posted on only one of your credit reports.

Southpaw75 said: One odd thing I noticed....
Before signing up for this Key Bank deal, I've been using TC for the last 1.5 months. I've only been able to bump 1 inq off of TU. My inquiries have been TU:9, EX:8, EQ:5 for the last 2 weeks.
I just viewed my Key Bank/PrivacyMatters report for the first time...it shows TU:5, EX:6, EQ:0
When I scroll down to view the actual inquiries that companies made, I can see Equifax inquiries. Why is it saying 0 at the top when at the bottom there are obvious inquiries on my EQ report?
And also why is it such a big difference in the number of inquiries between TC and PM? Weird.

all the resold TrueCredit sites display inquiries in the past 6 months, not 2 years

choe said:
all the resold TrueCredit sites display inquiries in the past 6 months, not 2 years
My Identity Protect service clearly states "INQUIRIES(2 years):"

Venturion said: choe said:
My Identity Protect service clearly states "INQUIRIES(2 years):"

i meant that in the summary that lists the number of inquiries on each report. at the bottom, all hards on the report is listed

choe said: i meant that in the summary that lists the number of inquiries on each report. at the bottom, all hards on the report is listed That's what I meant too. I took it from the top of the page. Do you use Identity Protect? Maybe we are referencing two different areas?

Venturion said: choe said: i meant that in the summary that lists the number of inquiries on each report. at the bottom, all hards on the report is listed That's what I meant too. I took it from the top of the page. Do you use Identity Protect? Maybe we are referencing two different areas?

no keybank's myprivacymatters.. which is what the poster referred to

choe said: no keybank's myprivacymatters.. which is what the poster referred to
Okay, then you might not want to lump in all TrueCredit private label products as that's clearly not the case.
choe said: all the resold TrueCredit sites display inquiries in the past 6 months, not 2 years

Venturion said: choe said: no keybank's myprivacymatters.. which is what the poster referred to
Okay, then you might not want to lump in all TrueCredit private label products as that's clearly not the case.
choe said: all the resold TrueCredit sites display inquiries in the past 6 months, not 2 years

crap, didn't realize i said all... just used to saying all TC had the 24+1 rule.

chaalu said: ChumChurum said: chaalu said: I signed up with National City with a Chase Visa a few days ago. Got my membership letter today. But I couldn't Login. After talking to Customer Service was told that this service will be discountinued and my money returned.

Any reason given?

Nothing specific, just that this program is being 'phased out' (those were her words).
Just wondering if same is being done for Key Bank Program. Anyone???
Very interesting, as I just received another mail solicitation to sign up for the National City Identity Protect service TODAY! I do have a NC credit card, and the offer does refer to automatically billing my "Natl City card account ending in XXXX".

After several days of inactivity, I logged to the KeyBank credit reporting / monitoring site and discovered that they have changed it. While the essential functions remain (pull all 3 daily), the true credit version being presented is now the same as the Natl City one. I kind of liked the Key Bank one because you could get your new report in 2 steps: (1) logon, (2) press agree.

The Natl City one requires two logon attemps to properly refresh: (1) logon, (2) refresh using multiple clicks, (3) logout, (4) logon again to see the refreshed result.

I also did some tests (pull actual report, check how soft pull is recorded):

1. On Experian,

- KeyBank program is coded as: TrueCredit/COVERDELL MY
- Natl city program is coded: TrueCredit/COVERDELL MY

2. On Equifax,

- KeyBank program is coded as: TrueCredit/VERTRUE
- Natl city program is coded: TrueCredit/VERTRUE

This means that there is no longer any additional advantage of keeping both KeyBank and Natl City.

I believe tru3cr3dit might have realized that coding the KeyBank program that way cannibalized their existing customers, so they changed it.

Just to confirm, I can only see my TU score on the National City deal.
Also, anyone was able to enroll in both deals as a single user?

I received my membership ID and log in without a promo code. Where did you type the promo code?

pyro123 said: Just to confirm, I can only see my TU score on the National City deal.
Also, anyone was able to enroll in both deals as a single user?

I received my membership ID and log in without a promo code. Where did you type the promo code?

See a few posts back that the National City is confirmed to be coded exactly as the KeyBank one now. I did try to subscribe to both, but apparently only the Key Bank one went through, which is okay, given the post I mention. If you received the membership ID, you don't need a promo code for anything. Both National City & Key Bank promos display only the TU score... only the WalMart TrueCredit $11.21/mth deal gives you the three scores.

I got in on the NC deal, and I have been charged:
08/21/2007 08/20/2007 MC C AP9*PRIVACY PLAN - 800-366-1983 IL $8.95
So it's definitely not phasing out, at least for now. Or have I just been grandfathered in?

I can confirm, atleast with Equifax that both services pull under TrueCredit/Vertrue. However, this is still advantageous because a soft pull occurs twice each day even though under the same heading. Does this still not create double b*?

austinb said: I can confirm, atleast with Equifax that both services pull under TrueCredit/Vertrue. However, this is still advantageous because a soft pull occurs twice each day even though under the same heading. Does this still not create double b*?

How can you check if it is twice?

I used to have Equifax Credit Watch Gold and *thought* that if either of them or both of them were pulled on the same day, there was only only one soft pull left on the record.

If you think otherwise, I would appreciate knowing how you determined that. Thanks in advance.

ChumChurum said: austinb said: I can confirm, atleast with Equifax that both services pull under TrueCredit/Vertrue. However, this is still advantageous because a soft pull occurs twice each day even though under the same heading. Does this still not create double b*?

How can you check if it is twice?

I used to have Equifax Credit Watch Gold and *thought* that if either of them or both of them were pulled on the same day, there was only only one soft pull left on the record.

If you think otherwise, I would appreciate knowing how you determined that. Thanks in advance.

The only way I have been able to see the softs is by ordering my report via US Mail. My latest Equifax report lists the company heading first and then lists each date the soft was pulled. This is how it shows
"TrueCredit/Vertrue 08/28/2007 08/28/2007 08/27/2007 08/27/2007 08/26/2007 08/26/2007" Etc, etc.

This leads me to believe that both services are indeed still creating 2 softs daily.

Comparing to Truelink and CreditSecure. They are both under different headings with only one soft for each date.

"Truelink 08/28/2007 08/27/2007" etc.
"CIC/Experian RPTS 08/28/2007 08/27/2007" etc.

Is N.C. ID protect run by truelink/TrueCredit like Chase Identity protect? can anyone compile a list of which services are run by TrueCredit/transunion.

pyro123 said: Is N.C. ID protect run by truelink/TrueCredit like Chase Identity protect? can anyone compile a list of which services are run by TrueCredit/transunion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they're ALL TrueLink, EXCEPT for AMEX CreditSecure.

I hope I'm wrong. Do tell.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth... I haven't been charged for NC IP yet and its been a month. I signed for me + spouse. Anyone else?

Venturion said: I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth... I haven't been charged for NC IP yet and its been a month. I signed for me + spouse. Anyone else?

mine lagged too, but I was eventualy charged.......FW effect!

Anyone figure out a NC IP shortcut similar to the one for PM123 (http://privacymatters123.com/XIA/login.aspx?C1=YOURMEMBERID&C2=YOURZIPCODE&NR=1)? I have viewed the source on both and tried variations URL combinations for NCIP without success. I'm guessing this is the base path, but I just can't figure out the variable labels: https://secure.dealpass.com/IDN/(jqtsuay50u3sxledpympeg55)/coverdell_login.aspx.

So I currently have an account with TrueCredit.com and the 11.95 deal. I need to get something for my wife to start her AOR.

Should I just get this National City idendity protect for her at the 9.95 a month? Or should I spend the extra $5 a month and add myself to national city as well?

It would have been nice to get all three scores for her as well (AOR purposes)... but I guess its not as important as other things out there.

Venturion said: Anyone figure out a NC IP shortcut similar to the one for PM123 (http://privacymatters123.com/XIA/login.aspx?C1=YOURMEMBERID&C2=YOURZIPCODE&NR=1)?
https://secure.dealpass.com/IDN/(jqtsuay50u3sxledpympeg55)/coverdell_login.aspx.

The problem here is that the random string of text within the parens (xxxx) is a one-time code (aka 'session ID' or 'SID') which gets generated uniquely on-the-fly every time you log in to 'stage 1' of the process. (I believe this is true for all the non-TC varieties of TL-based services.)

So you MUST go through stage 1 to generate the SID. Once that's been generated, look at the URL of the actual page you want to 'skip' to, e.g., the page which requests an updated report. This will have the same random SID, but what follows the SID should be consistent between session to session, so you can APPEND the ending AFTER the SID in your URL.

For example, after you get a SID in your URL, you could enter
https://secure.dealpass.com/IDN/(jqtsuay50u3sxledpympeg55)/DoUpdate.aspx
or whatever the correct 'page' is that you want to access.

Hope this makes sense.

BTW, I was in the process of writing scripts for the various sites to do automatic daily pulls, but since the whole bumpage thing has taken a nose-dive, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. (TC, for example, since I started using my bot on their site, now uses a 'scramble-image' text pass before you can update!)

Okay - maybe just an error - but I suspect TC is now extending its "cleansing" to the TL private label products. I received this error when trying to login NC IP today:

Please make sure this information is correct:
We're sorry. Your membership is no longer active.
Please contact Membership Services via the toll-free number or e-mail provided on the Contact Us page. [EC4200]

PS - I have no interest in being the guinea pig to call since I've b*mped most stuff off already. I will call if I'm the only one who experiences this as it may just indicate a billing or admin problem. Let's see if anyone else has been targeted...

PPS - PM 123 still working for me.

Hey... I was going to sign up for Key and National for a month or two and do some B* for myself and my wife. We both have the $29.99 PrivacyMatters123 account. Can we sign up for Key and National using the instructions in the quicksummer about one ID for each of us?

I am mainly asking this because when I tried to sign myself up for privacymatters1-2-3 they said I was ineligable for the offer (because I was using TrueCredit.com at the time). I ended up signing myself up for 1-2-3 using my work address and that worked.

Venturion said: Okay - maybe just an error - but I suspect TC is now extending its "cleansing" to the TL private label products. I received this error when trying to login NC IP today:

Please contact Membership Services via the toll-free number or e-mail provided on the Contact Us page. [EC4200]

PS - I have no interest in being the guinea pig to call since I've b*mped most stuff off already. I will call if I'm the only one who experiences this as it may just indicate a billing or admin problem. Let's see if anyone else has been targeted...

i haven't had any problems. what's the latest?

Venturion said: Okay - maybe just an error - but I suspect TC is now extending its "cleansing" to the TL private label products. I received this error when trying to login NC IP today:

Just saw your previous message about not having been charged. Makes sense, but now it doesn't even matter what the cause was: a mistype of credit card info, or virtual card expiration, or anything else. Once you enter the DealPass blacklist, good luck getting out of it, at least for a year.

I took the plunge and called this morning. As postulated by some, it was an incorrect credit card number (I didn't verify; instead, I just provided a new one) as discovered by NCIP when trying to charge the $1 trial fee. For some reason, the account will not be re-activated until 10/24.

Don't some of these co-branded monitoring services have their inquiries show up on credit reports exactly the same way (and thus count as one)? I thought this was the case with NC and KeyBank...

On my last Experian report (pulled mid 09/07), I see PM123, TC, and NCIP all show up differently. PM123 and NCIP show up under slightly different coded TrueLink buckets. TC shows up under, as you would guess, TC. Don't use Keybank...

EugeneV said: Don't some of these co-branded monitoring services have their inquiries show up on credit reports exactly the same way (and thus count as one)? I thought this was the case with NC and KeyBank...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014