• Text Only
How long did it take for them to send you the welcome email? I applied for this last Friday and I haven't gotten anything yet.

DjPiLL said: How long did it take for them to send you the welcome email? I applied for this last Friday and I haven't gotten anything yet. 2 days.

EugeneV said: Don't some of these co-branded monitoring services have their inquiries show up on credit reports exactly the same way (and thus count as one)? I thought this was the case with NC and KeyBank...

according to this post, NatCity and Key Bank generate unique pulls, even though they appear with the same name.

this is at least true for EQ, which is the one i care most about (as they take the most pulls to bump).

What would be the best service to use along with privacymatters123 to achieve the most B*? KeyGuard or NatCity?

DjPiLL said: What would be the best service to use along with privacymatters123 to achieve the most B*? KeyGuard or NatCity?

both? not sure, trying to get a handle on this here.

I just want to subscribe to one other service besides PrivacyMatters123. Either keyguard or nat city.

DjPiLL said: I just want to subscribe to one other service besides PrivacyMatters123. Either keyguard or nat city.

well, then i would go for Credit Secure, because we know for sure that will generate unique pulls. you can call them to end your trial period early so you can immediately start daily pulls without having to wait 30 days. also, CS is great for bumpage because you don't have to wait 24 hours + 1 minute. you can literally pull every day, regardless of the time of your last pull.

lhendricks92 said: DjPiLL said: I just want to subscribe to one other service besides PrivacyMatters123. Either keyguard or nat city.

well, then i would go for Credit Secure, because we know for sure that will generate unique pulls. you can call them to end your trial period early so you can immediately start daily pulls without having to wait 30 days. also, CS is great for bumpage because you don't have to wait 24 hours + 1 minute. you can literally pull every day, regardless of the time of your last pull.

Oh crap... one thing I forgot I want to get me + the wife coverage.

ok, bumping for 2, you could save $9 a month doing NatCity or Key over Credit Secure. just be sure to confirm that Nat City and/or Key will help with bumpage if you already have PM123.

if you find out, let us know.

Doesn't the AMEX Credit Secure give you different scores? They are not just copies of TrueCredit?

Maybe the $9 bucks is worth it for the extra scores. I am only signing up till b* is done which should take maybe a few months.

Hmmm.

of all the bumpage services, CreditSecure is the only one NOT affiliated with TrueCredit. Their scores are still FAKO, just different than the fake scores from TrueCredit. i wouldn't get CS just for different fake scores.

Their scores are Experian PLUS, not FAKO. The scale is different... I don't know which lenders use them.

Ok I just got a letter from National City saying their Identity guard program is not available for NY State residents. This may have been why I never got the welcome email.

I guess Key is the alternative? Does Key produce different soft pulls compared to PrivacyMatters 123 for maximum B* ????

I need something for me and the wife.

updating

Have been using NC and PM123 for a couple months now, and called up to cancel NC since it was the last day of my 2nd month. They offered me a $25 GC to Staples to keep it active. Sure, I guess I'll try another month, lol. Let's see, I'll have paid $18.90 for 3 months of service, and gotten a $25 Staples GC.

It seems that they want to bill your NC card. Is it possible to have the service charged to a different card so it doesn't affect the AOR balance?

Economist said: It seems that they want to bill your NC card. Is it possible to have the service charged to a different card so it doesn't affect the AOR balance?
I signed up with, and have been using it on a BofA Mastercard. They didn't say anything when I talked to them.

Thanks. Did you sign up as "existing NC customer" or using one of the promotional codes?

djspray said:
I signed up with, and have been using it on a BofA Mastercard. They didn't say anything when I talked to them.

I signed up, got a letter in the mail telling me how to log in. Unfortunately: (1) the letter arrived in an open (unsealed) envelope. I don't think that's their policy, just my bad luck. (2) All the information necessary to log in was in the letter, i.e. I didn't have to enter a password or anything like that.

This is pretty pathetic security for a service that is supposed to protect my privacy. Canceled the service. Luckily they didn't give me too much trouble when I canceled.

I signed up with one of the promo codes. On the sign up form, it still asks for NC credit or debit card #.

oops!

Economist said: Thanks. Did you sign up as "existing NC customer" or using one of the promotional codes?

Just use one of the codes in the OP. I've been using a Chase Visa without issue.

Super thread. Please explain: why not use CITI's IdentityMonitor for only $4.95/month instead of the more expesive ones?

Citi ID monitor lets you pull your score once a month, IIRC.

maria456 said: I signed up, got a letter in the mail telling me how to log in. Unfortunately: (1) the letter arrived in an open (unsealed) envelope. I don't think that's their policy, just my bad luck. (2) All the information necessary to log in was in the letter, i.e. I didn't have to enter a password or anything like that.

This is pretty pathetic security for a service that is supposed to protect my privacy. Canceled the service. Luckily they didn't give me too much trouble when I canceled.

I can one up this. The good news is, my letter was sealed.

If anyone on here is named Andre, and lives in Florida, I recommend you cancel your service.

My login doesn't seem to be working. I've decided not to test Andre's.

My login is working now. Not going to test Andre's, but I'm going to call NC and complain.

I'm adding a warning to the QS.

My account was suspended about a month ago so I stopped using it (obviously). I just noticed that I was charged another 8.95, so I figured I'd try to log in and to my surprise it worked.

They just added a new option - "Click here to order your 3-in-1 Credit Report and activate your monitoring by mail."

I was first banned from TC, then NC IP and PM 123. The latter two unsuspended my accounts. TC refuses to do the same. Any thoughts and anyone else in the same situation?

Anyone able to login? The website has changed to a deal pass website. Where do we login now?

SleepyNyte said: Anyone able to login? The website has changed to a deal pass website. Where do we login now?
The site changes to a dealpass after logout most of the time for me as well, but I always go back to http://ncidentityprotect.com/ and it works.

No, Im having the same problem as SleepyNyte.. going right to the front page sends me to Dealpass. I wonder if NC discontinued their program...

DiabloD3 said: No, Im having the same problem as SleepyNyte.. going right to the front page sends me to Dealpass. I wonder if NC discontinued their program...[Shrug] I'm still able to login and I last pulled a new 2 hours ago.

djspray said: Have been using NC and PM123 for a couple months now, and called up to cancel NC since it was the last day of my 2nd month. They offered me a $25 GC to Staples to keep it active. Sure, I guess I'll try another month, lol. Let's see, I'll have paid $18.90 for 3 months of service, and gotten a $25 Staples GC.
Oh, BTW, I never got this GC. Can't say I'm really surprised by false promises of these types of programs. I called up nearing the end of the next month, cancelled, was offered nothing. I am pleased with the deal I've gotten on credit monitoring anyway.

typing ncidentityprotect.com now redirects to dealpass website. Clicking on the link in the original enrollment email seems to solve the problem though. But perhaps that's only me?

Also, if I cancel now, would I be able to re-enroll at a later time using the promo codes?

Economist said: typing ncidentityprotect.com now redirects to dealpass website. Clicking on the link in the original enrollment email seems to solve the problem though. But perhaps that's only me?
ncidentityprotect.com send me to:
http://ncidentityprotect.com/IDN/(qooilt454dtn1k453s53u3q5)/coverdell_login.aspx

I just signed up for the KeyBank one. It says they will mail me something in 2 weeks... are they serious?? Who still uses a mailbox?

I used the promo code at the beginning of this thread to sign up for the National City Identity Protect. When it asked for my National City credit/debit card, I just entered another credit card number. Before I can access my credit report, I have to either say that I have a "Credit Center user name and password" to access True Credit, or say that I don't.

My question is, if I am trying to accomplish b*ing, do I need to choose one or the other? I do have a True Credit account, which is apparently what they are asking.

I am afraid that if I say I don't already have a user name, it is going to know when i try to sign in -- and who knows what happens.

And I am afraid that if I say that I do have a user name and password, it is going to link to my existing True Credit account. If it does that, it may keep better track of my b*ing activities.

Any thoughts or experiences?

KeyBank is now $12.95/$17.95 (still $1 for 1st 30 days), and has "free personal electric document shredder".

Off-Topic, but I can't find anything on this question: does anyone know if it's possible to get the credit bureaus to update your balances before your next cycle ends? I paid off some large CC balances too late and would like to not have to wait 25-30 days.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014