• Text Only
Vmaxer said: Off-Topic, but I can't find anything on this question: does anyone know if it's possible to get the credit bureaus to update your balances before your next cycle ends? I paid off some large CC balances too late and would like to not have to wait 25-30 days. I've been able to accomplish this by performing an online dispute with each CRA stating that the balance is incorrect. BofA also updates the CRAs any time your credit line changes, for instance when you reallocate between cards.

r0man said: Vmaxer said: Off-Topic, but I can't find anything on this question: does anyone know if it's possible to get the credit bureaus to update your balances before your next cycle ends? I paid off some large CC balances too late and would like to not have to wait 25-30 days. I've been able to accomplish this by performing an online dispute with each CRA stating that the balance is incorrect. BofA also updates the CRAs any time your credit line changes, for instance when you reallocate between cards.

Thanks! I thought it had to be mailed if even possible. How long does it usually take with online disputes? I like the BoA trick. I'll try that with a couple others. Is there a thread on this topic? I've searched and searched, all dispute threads are about more severe discrepancies. Don't want to hijack this thread! =P

Vmaxer said: Thanks! I thought it had to be mailed if even possible. How long does it usually take with online disputes? I like the BoA trick. I'll try that with a couple others. Is there a thread on this topic? I've searched and searched, all dispute threads are about more severe discrepancies. Don't want to hijack this thread! =P
For me, Experian updates within a couple of days followed by Equifax and finally TU with a few days in between. I recall a recent thread where I posted my reason for disputing incorrect balances, but I can't find it now and I don't think the discussion was on topic in that thread anyway.

best thread i could find on Credit Card dispute/CR updating.

Is anyone else having a problem with daily pulls on ncidentityprotect? Since last week, after i refresh my report it still shows an old date. As of today it is showing a report from 3/21 which is now available until 4/24 after the refresh.

zima said: Is anyone else having a problem with daily pulls on ncidentityprotect? Since last week, after i refresh my report it still shows an old date. As of today it is showing a report from 3/21 which is now available until 4/24 after the refresh.

yep, same here. after i closed my browser and logged in again, my report displayed the current date.

PM123 has the same issue. And it seems scores may not be updating either.

And you can't see detail when you click on the link(to see the credit limit or high balance). it will come up with a new window with report page.

BTW, I was able to logon this morning and now I can't.

Did not read the thread carefully. I input 766318 rather than 766319 for couple enrollment. So I enrolled just for myself. Can I cancel my membership and enroll for couple again? Or, can I cancel my membership and let my spouse enroll for couple? For the latter one, can we ask Nat'l City charge the monthly fee on other credit card since my spouse have $15k 0%apr BT on the Nat'l City card.

Ders said: PM123 has the same issue. And it seems scores may not be updating either.

I noticed this same problem a few weeks ago and I just tried again and it's using a report from the 5th. Looks like they might be catching on? Guess I'll have to cancel...

Does anyone know if KeyBank will show your frozen EX report? Which scores do you get with KeyBank?

Thanks,
Brett

I signed up a week ago and got a letter in the mail today with my ID number. I tried to Log In and got the following message: Please make sure this information is correct: We're sorry. Your request cannot be processed. Please contact Membership Services at the toll-free number or e-mail address listed on the Contact Us page.[7010] [EC7010]

Anyone else have this experience? I read/searched through, but didn't see anything (e.g. the code) similar.

I'll probably call, but I'm guessing it has to do with dealpass issues.

nm

After you place Freeze, what do these daily pullers show you for your own report?

With Key bank during the first 30 days trial are you able to pull new refreshed reports each day? After 24 hours?

Vmaxer said: KeyBank is now $12.95/$17.95 (still $1 for 1st 30 days), and has "free personal electric document shredder".

Off-Topic, but I can't find anything on this question: does anyone know if it's possible to get the credit bureaus to update your balances before your next cycle ends? I paid off some large CC balances too late and would like to not have to wait 25-30 days.

I'm deciding if I should go this route or with TrueCredit.com. After reading the thread it looks like both are the same, or uses the same source anyways.

What's the whole signup process like? THis is what I've gathered:

1. go to website
2. enter promo code
3. asks for NationalCity credit card, but you can use any card
4. wait in the mail for login to arrive
5. login and you're done

How long did it take you all to login to your account after you signed up online?

also what does "b*" mean?

alphaivt said: also what does "b*" mean?

b* = bumpage - knocking off hard inquiries from your credit reports by generating soft inquiries using services like NCIP

ahself said: I signed up a week ago and got a letter in the mail today with my ID number. I tried to Log In and got the following message: Please make sure this information is correct: We're sorry. Your request cannot be processed. Please contact Membership Services at the toll-free number or e-mail address listed on the Contact Us page.[7010] [EC7010]

Anyone else have this experience? I read/searched through, but didn't see anything (e.g. the code) similar.

I'll probably call, but I'm guessing it has to do with dealpass issues.

Had the same issue. Called and was informed that National City program was being discontinued for at least 2 months.

vrb747 said:

Had the same issue. Called and was informed that National City program was being discontinued for at least 2 months.

i was just about to sign up on their site. why are they discontinued for 2 months if they're still allowing new enrollment?? just wanna make sure before i bite the bullet..

merchy said: vrb747 said:

i was just about to sign up on their site. why are they discontinued for 2 months if they're still allowing new enrollment?? just wanna make sure before i bite the bullet..
I had no issues enrolling my wife a few days ago. I just received the welcome email and I pulled two tri-bureau reports.

[I added myself as a second user utilizing a unique user ID (different from the genuine TrueCredit site). I previously was enrolled least year in NCIdentity Protect.]

I used a different card from the Natl City card.

I filled out the enrollment form, using my Chase Freedom visa about 10 days ago and have never received any communication by email or mail from them since. So I haven't been able to use the service. My card hasn't been billed either. I pretty much gave up waiting for them.

I called to cancel and was offered service for 5.95/month. Useless without bumpage for me, but might be of interest to some.

abracadabra1 said: I called to cancel and was offered service for 5.95/month. Useless without bumpage for me, but might be of interest to some.I have the joint product under my wife's name ($14.95 per month). I've been billed $1 and her trial period ends in 4 days.

I called 866.215.3473... I asked whether there would be a new reduced retention price I'd pay for staying with National City Privacy Matters.

Rep started asking for the reason my I was canceling today.

I reiterated that I heard somewhere there is a lower price available to some friends that have this service and that I am interested in getting the retention offer.

She put me on hold.

She came back after 4 minutes and said "please continue to hold, I'm still waiting for a supervisor"

4 minutes later she offered me the $9.95 "basic program" (it differs from the other in that I don't get the free shredder nor do I get some sort of insurance - I think she said travel insurance or something like that).

I did read the entire thread, but still not exactly sure on one thing.
If one has TC, PM123, NCID, and KeyBank, does one truely get quadruple B* on EQ ? Or are all 4 daily EQ softs identical and then converted into just one ?

Vmaxer said: KeyBank is now $12.95/$17.95 (still $1 for 1st 30 days)Anyone here get a retention offer when calling to cancel the KeyBank service ?

sorry double post.

something weird on my credit score, it says i have too many late payments. problem is i have never missed a payment on my credit cards, mortgages? dont see any inaccurate info on my reports as well? what should i do?

jordinho said: something weird on my credit score, it says i have too many late payments. problem is i have never missed a payment on my credit cards, mortgages? dont see any inaccurate info on my reports as well? what should i do?

dispute it with the bureau

Has anyone managed to sign up for the Nat City or the Key offer lately. I've tried a couple times the last few days (with and without a Nat. City Credit card), but the email with more info that is promised never comes.

my wife and i signed up a week ago monday, got the email last thrusday. used chase card too, and no nat city account.

@bigstax called them today, cs said those were just suggestions and doesnt really reflect my credit report/score? oh well. ill just keep an eye on it.

VerbalK said: Has anyone managed to sign up for the Nat City or the Key offer lately. I've tried a couple times the last few days (with and without a Nat. City Credit card), but the email with more info that is promised never comes.Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the "signup and cancel your DealPass membership" Party ?

anyone have problems logging in? it keeps on saying systems are being updated?

jordinho said: anyone have problems logging in? it keeps on saying systems are being updated?
Just worked for me.

damn, i have not been able to log-in for 24 hours now. i get this error:

Please make sure this information is correctur databases are currently being updated. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later. [EC0000]

xoneinax said: VerbalK said: Has anyone managed to sign up for the Nat City or the Key offer lately. I've tried a couple times the last few days (with and without a Nat. City Credit card), but the email with more info that is promised never comes.Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the "signup and cancel your DealPass membership" Party ?

Yeah, but my old membership number isn't being recognized.

the $5.95\$9.95 basic retention plans still include daily pulls correct?

motsuka said: the $5.95$9.95 basic retention plans still include daily pulls correct?Speaking only for myself, yes... daily pulls all three - FAKO score only available from TU

do you guys think *b is dead? got one transunion inq. bumped but it went back in 2 days :/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014