• Text Only
It looks like it only gives you the TU score, but it pulls all three credit reports. Is there a way to get all three scores?

Couldn't verify all 4 security levels (something wrong about a previous address?), I should receive the code in the mail.

But this is definitely Dealpass (when you log on, for a fraction of second the dealpass word appears); moreover, this seems to be the new version of Privacy Matters (this name appears in the terms).
I guess I'll try getting the 1 yr for a month's cost, is anyone else with me on this one?

Anyone tried to enrol you&spouse for 14.95? How does it work?

In the application form, they only let you to enter the name of one person, does that mean they will mail you TWO member ID, but it has to be the same zip code? i.e. it can be any person within the same household? Can anyone confirm that?

Thank you.

Hope this deal pans out 'cuz I would love to add this to my True Credit and Credit Secure. The Key Bank deal does not work for me. When I opened Privacy Matters, tried to call for cust number but was told to call back in a week. A week later, called and was told they didn't offer the program in my area, San Jose, CA.

Also, for daily pulls, I hope this isn't the same as TC where you have to wait for 24hrs and 1min to update.

fattykokoya said: Anyone tried to enrol you&spouse for 14.95? How does it work?

In the application form, they only let you to enter the name of one person, does that mean they will mail you TWO member ID, but it has to be the same zip code? i.e. it can be any person within the same household? Can anyone confirm that?

Thank you.


i've enrolled me and my spouse. you can create 2 true credit accounts using the same national city identity protect number ID.

gatsu said: Also, for daily pulls, I hope this isn't the same as TC where you have to wait for 24hrs and 1min to update.

It is.

g10ny said: I guess I'll try getting the 1 yr for a month's cost, is anyone else with me on this one?
Can you elaborate please?

Finally got my email.... I used Obopay debit card to sign up!

Starting the B***age now!

Thanks OP!

lhendricks92 and kittenmittens: thanks for all the useful info.

I signed up for the Natl City one $14.95 for 2, and already received the e-mail, and got the report.

Dumb question: how did you get a report for the second person - since the $14.95 is for 2 people. I did not see any links or instructions in the e-mail on how to sign-up for the second person.

Thanks in advance!

So it looks like all of these services:

1. Chase Identity Protection,
2. Nat'l City Identity,
3. Key Bank Identity,
4. Privacy Matters,

are versions of True Credit. It seems that the version from TrueCredit.com has the most bells and whistles. But they all have tripe bur. b* every 24hrs and 1 minute.

Great!

ChumChurum said: Dumb question: how did you get a report for the second person - since the $14.95 is for 2 people.

It's definitely not intuitive.

Once you sign into the ncidentityprotect, go to Detection Tools...3-in-1 Credit Reports. Then click the first link on the right side:

"1. If you do not have a Credit Center user name and password, click here to register with TrueCredit."

You can then fill in your "spouse's" information to create a second True Credit account. Both accounts will be tied to the Nat City IP member ID.

I'll add this to the OP.

deleted

Would there be any interest in a post on how NOT to get a credit inquiry on Experian when applying for credit cards? This may work for residents of certain states only.

Just an FYI. Looking at their FAQ, the membership might be billed annually:

Quote: [[[Is there a trial membership period? How does it work?

Upon enrolling, you will have a trial membership period during which you can use the program benefits as much as you'd like. If you find the service is not for you, call us before the end of the trial period, toll-free at 1-866-215-3473, and you won't be charged the yearly membership fee (online enrollees will be charged a $1.00 trial-period fee, in accordance with the agreed upon enrollment terms). If you wish to continue with your membership after the trial period you agreed upon, the low yearly membership fee is automatically charged to the billing source authorized by you.]]]

therivler1 said: g10ny said: I guess I'll try getting the 1 yr for a month's cost, is anyone else with me on this one?
Can you elaborate please?

I did the same thing in May last year with Privacy Matters; at that time if you called to cancel you got on the automated menu the option to not cancel but to get the year free with just a month's cost, and it auto-cancelled after a year.
Not sure if it's working, I guess it's worth trying for some.

ChumChurum said: Would there be any interest in a post on how NOT to get a credit inquiry on Experian when applying for credit cards?

Recently I devised a little method and tested it, and it worked like a charm.

This may work for residents of certain states only.


What method? Freeze your EXP beforehand then apply for credit?

fattykokoya said: ChumChurum said: Would there be any interest in a post on how NOT to get a credit inquiry on Experian when applying for credit cards?

Recently I devised a little method and tested it, and it worked like a charm.

This may work for residents of certain states only.


What method? Freeze your EXP beforehand then apply for credit?


You got it

ChumChurum said: fattykokoya said: ChumChurum said: Would there be any interest in a post on how NOT to get a credit inquiry on Experian when applying for credit cards?

Recently I devised a little method and tested it, and it worked like a charm.

This may work for residents of certain states only.


What method? Freeze your EXP beforehand then apply for credit?


You got it


Others have tried this in the past, and because the issuer cannot pull from EXP, they give up and you get a DENIED letter...

Not worth it for me, I want as many instant approvals as I can get when doing an AOR!

Technologist said: ChumChurum said: fattykokoya said: ChumChurum said: Would there be any interest in a post on how NOT to get a credit inquiry on Experian when applying for credit cards?

Recently I devised a little method and tested it, and it worked like a charm.

This may work for residents of certain states only.


What method? Freeze your EXP beforehand then apply for credit?


You got it


Others have tried this in the past, and because the issuer cannot pull from EXP, they give up and you get a DENIED letter...

Not worth it for me, I want as many instant approvals as I can get when doing an AOR!


Any links to documented experience?

Thanks!

lhendricks92 said:

How to enroll 2 people:

It's definitely not intuitive.

Once you sign into the ncidentityprotect, go to Detection Tools...3-in-1 Credit Reports. Then click the first link on the right side:

"1. If you do not have a Credit Center user name and password, click here to register with TrueCredit."

You can then fill in your "spouse's" information to create a second True Credit account. Both accounts will be tied to the Nat City IP member ID.


Quick ques.... I am going to enrol myself and my girl, we both have existing True Credit accounts.
After I click that "If you do not have a Credit Center user name and password, click here to register with TrueCredit.", then I am supposed to fill out my "spouse" info to CREATE a second True Credit account - here's the problem: my gf already have a True Credit account. Can she just login using her existing TC usrname/pass then pull from National city. At the same time, if we are pulling from TrueCredit.com, will it appear as a seperate pull from National city?? My girl might kill me if it doesn't work for her lol. Plz advise.

ChumChurum said: Technologist said: ChumChurum said: fattykokoya said: ChumChurum said: Would there be any interest in a post on how NOT to get a credit inquiry on Experian when applying for credit cards?

Recently I devised a little method and tested it, and it worked like a charm.

This may work for residents of certain states only.


What method? Freeze your EXP beforehand then apply for credit?


You got it


Others have tried this in the past, and because the issuer cannot pull from EXP, they give up and you get a DENIED letter...

Not worth it for me, I want as many instant approvals as I can get when doing an AOR!


Any links to documented experience?

Thanks!


I do, but YOU go first.... you mentioned it HERE, on the 14th, in the last post in that thread...

SO, IN ONE WEEK, you have proven your point????

ANd in THIS THREAD, People are talking about what you planned.... but for a lot of states, it is impossible to LOCK exp... so are you CLAIMING it works based on the fact that some people CAN lock it, or have you tried it???

fattykokoya said: Quick ques.... I am going to enrol myself and my girl, we both have existing True Credit accounts.
After I click that "If you do not have a Credit Center user name and password, click here to register with TrueCredit.", then I am supposed to fill out my "spouse" info to CREATE a second True Credit account - here's the problem: my gf already have a True Credit account. Can she just login using her existing TC usrname/pass then pull from National city. At the same time, if we are pulling from TrueCredit.com, will it appear as a seperate pull from National city?? My girl might kill me if it doesn't work for her lol. Plz advise.


You'll create unique True Credit accounts to use with your Nat City account. My wife and I had True Credit accounts before signing up with Nat City, and we created new ones.

Technologist said: Any links to documented experience?

Thanks!


I do, but YOU go first.... you mentioned it HERE, on the 14th, in the last post in that thread...

SO, IN ONE WEEK, you have proven your point????

ANd in THIS THREAD, People are talking about what you planned.... but for a lot of states, it is impossible to LOCK exp... so are you CLAIMING it works based on the fact that some people CAN lock it, or have you tried it???

You told me that others have tried and got denied, I wanted to see if there are any threads documenting it.

I believe - I don't know for a fact - that this is how an instand credit decision app would be designed / programmed:

1. Based on some rules, hit a CRA,
2. If the CRA does not give back a file based on the combination of inputs (SSN, ZIP, Last, whatever), a number of options are possible:

- deny credit instantly,
- hit another CRA, and possibly accept or deny on the spot, or defer,
- hit another CRA, and do an account review inquiry on the original CRA, and then accept or deny, or defer,
- if defered, let human credit analyst work on it, see number 3,
- etc.

3. If defered, a number of possibilities exist. Credit analyst reviews and decides:
- approve,
- deny,
- call and request that you open EX file for them only (there is a protocol for this),
- call and simply verify some info. Might casually ask why EX is closed for new inquiries,
- you name it.

I have a feeling that some CRAs are down for maint. in the wee night hours. I know EQ is down a lot between 2 am and 4 am - I have tried pulling TrueCredit and CreditSecure between this hours, and on some days (Mondays) this happens more often than not. Under this circumstances, I believe a good credit decision app would also work in a similar manner when a CRA is unaviable for other reasons.

For me, the most important thing was not to get any more hard inquiries on EX - and it worked for me. I will let you know in about a week what happened to my 5 recent (I know 2 are already approved), but as mentioned earlier, all hard hits went to TU - a very good outcome for me, because I can bump those of in about 40 days.

Technologist said:
ANd in THIS THREAD, People are talking about what you planned.... but for a lot of states, it is impossible to LOCK exp... so are you CLAIMING it works based on the fact that some people CAN lock it, or have you tried it???


BTW - thanks for the thread - I swear I had looked for something like that before, but never found it.

Finally I received my email and just login to pull my report.
It is a poorer version of True Credit. I feel it is poorer for reasons.
1. Print friendly page doesn't include all the detail like True Credit does.
2. Inquiries are not sort by date
3. Credit report is somehow harder to read than True Credit's website.
4. Only Trans Union score

Since all I need is the b**page, I will take the least cost and live with it.
Nothing can't beat the $14.95 for two right now.

Technologist said: Applied, thanks OP...

Also:
Special trial offer: sign up now and get your first 30 days of Identity ProtectSM for $1.00 to start… plus claim a Personal Desktop Document Shredder at no cost to you!

Free mini shredder....

Also (again with the ALSO's...LOL!) Anyone consider signing up 2 times!?!?!?! For twice the cost of the 1 buck promo, you can POSSIBLY pulls 2 times a day!

Waiting for responses... and thinking about the HUGE bump-o-rama about to start!


Tried signing up twice with NC Identity, but using the second account, when trying to add a member that already belongs to the program through the first account, get an error message: already signed up.

Has anyone tried to get NC Identity and KeyBank Identity? Looks like they have the same customer service number.

Sign up both National City and Keybank offers? Will that work ?

UnixLab said: Sign up both National City and Keybank offers? Will that work ?

I am waiting for my KeyBank membership info to arrive.

Will let you know once I try.

Signed up with Amazon.com VISA for 2 with Nat City. Activated both accounts today and pulled CRs. Thanks OP!!

So if one was to employ a TrueCredit clone solely for bumpage, National City would be the best deal because it's the cheapest?

Thx

UnixLab said: Finally I received my email and just login to pull my report.
It is a poorer version of True Credit. I feel it is poorer for reasons.
1. Print friendly page doesn't include all the detail like True Credit does.
2. Inquiries are not sort by date
3. Credit report is somehow harder to read than True Credit's website.
4. Only Trans Union score

Since all I need is the b**page, I will take the least cost and live with it.
Nothing can't beat the $14.95 for two right now.


Add to that list: at least for me, credit reports are one day stale.
However, I was able to verify b* in addition to what TrueCredit does, i.e. if NatlCity ID Protect and TC are used together, B* should be faster.

MosDeft said: So if one was to employ a TrueCredit clone solely for bumpage, National City would be the best deal because it's the cheapest?

Thx


Idealy, if b* still works, this is the cheapest cost.
If you do both you and your spouse, both nationalcity and key bank are good for the same fees.
I am waiting for ChumChurum's trial and see if we can sign up for both.
If that works, then have these two plus WalMart true credit will give you three soft pull each day with the least cost.

ChumChurum said: UnixLab said: Finally I received my email and just login to pull my report.
It is a poorer version of True Credit. I feel it is poorer for reasons.
1. Print friendly page doesn't include all the detail like True Credit does.
2. Inquiries are not sort by date
3. Credit report is somehow harder to read than True Credit's website.
4. Only Trans Union score

Since all I need is the b**page, I will take the least cost and live with it.
Nothing can't beat the $14.95 for two right now.


Add to that list: at least for me, credit reports are one day stale.
However, I was able to verify b* in addition to what TrueCredit does, i.e. if NatlCity ID Protect and TC are used together, B* should be faster.


Yesterday when I try to update my report, I don't see my report is updated. it is still dated as 7/23. I tried refresh or logout, log back in. still shows 7/23 report. When I tried to update report, it shows I have it updated within 24 hours already. Later last night when I login, it shows my 7/24 report. I don't know why but it doesn't show the current report right after I update it.

UnixLab said: ChumChurum said:
Add to that list: at least for me, credit reports are one day stale.
However, I was able to verify b* in addition to what TrueCredit does, i.e. if NatlCity ID Protect and TC are used together, B* should be faster.


Yesterday when I try to update my report, I don't see my report is updated. it is still dated as 7/23. I tried refresh or logout, log back in. still shows 7/23 report. When I tried to update report, it shows I have it updated within 24 hours already. Later last night when I login, it shows my 7/24 report. I don't know why but it doesn't show the current report right after I update it.


Do you also have AND use true credit on a daily basis? Did the updated report in NC Identity Protect show up AFTER you updated true credit?

I am trying to figure out whether NC Identity Protect Update is delayed, provides a one-day stale version, or is tied with the true credit update.

ChumChurum said: UnixLab said:
Yesterday when I try to update my report, I don't see my report is updated. it is still dated as 7/23. I tried refresh or logout, log back in. still shows 7/23 report. When I tried to update report, it shows I have it updated within 24 hours already. Later last night when I login, it shows my 7/24 report. I don't know why but it doesn't show the current report right after I update it.


Do you also have AND use true credit on a daily basis? Did the updated report in NC Identity Protect show up AFTER you updated true credit?

I am trying to figure out whether NC Identity Protect Update is delayed, provides a one-day stale version, or is tied with the true credit update.


No. I cancelled my TrueCredit last week and it is due full month at weekend. so I am not able to update report in TrueCredit. All I have now is Nationalcity one. The same thing happen to both of my spouse and my account. I saw them later last night for the 7/24 report. I pulled around 3:30pm.

Another update regarding the stale info. At least in my accounts, this is how things work:

Login to Membership Page (ID + Zip),
- then login to individual member 1 credit report account, refresh -> updates but stale info -> logout,
- then login to individual member 2 credit report account, refresh -> updates but stale info -> logout,
- again login to individual member 1 credit account, the information is up-to-date,
- repeat for member 2.

I think one of the reasons TrueCredit offers so many ads is to make sure the information is updated. Natl Citi ID Protect update, on the other hand, is very fast. I am guessing that the update process is asynchronous, i.e. with thread 1, the code requests an update, then with thread 2, it checks the report. If there is no response to thread 1 update request, thread 2 simply grabs the stale report. However, in like 5-10 minutes, there should be a new report.

In other (lack of news): still no KeyBank privacy matters membership materials. I am hesitant to call, because they are going to ask for SSN to lookup my account, and they WILL detect that I already have a membership with the other program.

Will update as soon as status changes.

Am I the only one that have not received the email? I signed up from OP's link with Chase visa last Thursday night, now a week passed(Thursday night), no email. I do not see anyone is reporting not recieving the email. (one reported, but said received in later post)

DMC said: Am I the only one that have not received the email? I signed up from OP's link with Chase visa last Thursday night, now a week passed(Thursday night), no email. I do not see anyone is reporting not recieving the email. (one reported, but said received in later post)

I also signed up last Thurs. Called them up today and said I didn't receive my login info. They put me on hold for at least 10 minutes. Came back and told me that the service has been discontinued in my area. (I live in Philadelphia). Might be that I'm blacklisted from dealpass at with the name/address/phone I used.

The NatCity "Credit Center" has been flaky. It takes a long time to authenticate past the login page. Sometimes the site gets stuck on the "I agree" confirmation page. The reports are updating, but service has been exceedingly spotty. I don't miss the True Credit ads, though.

EDIT: Now I'm frequently getting this error from the NatCity portal page:

Please make sure this information is correct:
Our databases are currently being updated. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later. [EC0000]

mike212 said: I also signed up last Thurs. Called them up today and said I didn't receive my login info. They put me on hold for at least 10 minutes. Came back and told me that the service has been discontinued in my area. (I live in Philadelphia). Might be that I'm blacklisted from dealpass at with the name/address/phone I used.

What did you do to make them blacklist you ?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014