• Text Only
One of my EX inquiry has hit 2 years. In summary, it does take 1 out of my EX inquiries for 2 years. But at detail inquiry, it still lists that pull back to early July 2005. Is it going to fall of my detail list after July or it supposes to be dissappear from your detail when it hits 2 years period.

Still waiting for ChumChurum's update and see if I can speed up the B* with least cost.

Nice advice from them, provided I only have 19 cards:

There are not enough premium bankcard accounts on your credit report. [TransUnion] A healthy balance of credit and loan accounts is key to achieving a high credit score. It is important to build a record of responsible credit use over time with different types of accounts. Consider opening a new account to strengthen your credit report and improve your score.

g10ny said: Nice advice from them, provided I only have 19 cards:

There are not enough premium bankcard accounts on your credit report. [TransUnion] A healthy balance of credit and loan accounts is key to achieving a high credit score. It is important to build a record of responsible credit use over time with different types of accounts. Consider opening a new account to strengthen your credit report and improve your score.

I've seen this too (with >30 cards). This is exactly the thing I'm going to quote next time I'm explaining to a credit analyst why I'm applying for 10 more cards .

UnixLab said: One of my EX inquiry has hit 2 years. In summary, it does take 1 out of my EX inquiries for 2 years. But at detail inquiry, it still lists that pull back to early July 2005. Is it going to fall of my detail list after July or it supposes to be dissappear from your detail when it hits 2 years period.

Still waiting for ChumChurum's update and see if I can speed up the B* with least cost.

Experian inquiries stay for 25 months. So a July 2005 inquiry should stay until August 2007.

I finally called the 866 number for the KeyBank deal and as I was expecting, once I gave them name, address, zip, they found my Natl City ID Protect membership. I asked them what happened to my Key Bank one, and they could not find it in the system. Then the rep said these are identical programs sold under different bank's programs (we knew that).

I sign-up online again for the KeyBank deal, this time under a relative's name. Let's see what happens.

UnixLab said: What did you do to make them blacklist you ?

Join a bunch of deal pass gift card programs... order lots of gift cards.... wait for the 20% credit to appear on my credit card, then cancel all the memberships.

So are both NC identity protect and the keybank privacy matters from dealpass? I signed up for IP almost a week ago and haven't received a confirmation email so I called them. They said they cancelled my account! I want to try Privacy Matter, but if it's dealpass, I just get cancelled again.

mike212 said: UnixLab said: What did you do to make them blacklist you ?

Join a bunch of deal pass gift card programs... order lots of gift cards.... wait for the 20% credit to appear on my credit card, then cancel all the memberships.

Can you order using someone else's name in the household?

been pulling report daily... report has different dates on them.... is there any way to see the SOFT inq's???

All these credit guard platforms do their bumpage job just fine, but they are so poorly designed that I am led to believe that they are specifically designed to just provide bumpage and nothing more.

Ok, I just got off the phone with them and I got the same BS about the program not being offered in my area. Anyways, I think I am giving up on this deal. Does anyone know what the next best deal is for credit service comparable to this? It would be nice to have 3 reports and daily pulls. Thanks...

rainman01 said: Ok, I just got off the phone with them and I got the same BS about the program not being offered in my area. Anyways, I think I am giving up on this deal. Does anyone know what the next best deal is for credit service comparable to this? It would be nice to have 3 reports and daily pulls. Thanks...

Gatsu, rainman01, would you mind posting "your area" so that your geographical neighbors can adjust their expectations with respect to the deals being discussed.

Update:

I was able to sign-up both for NatlCity Identity and KeyBank Privacy Matters. The trick is to sign up using two different people, e.g. NatlCity for husband and KeyBank for wife.

Once you have a Member ID, you can pull the credit of the other person. So:

KeyBank Member ID X (under wife's name):
- KeyBank Credit Report account for wife,
- KeyBank Credit Report account for husband,
NatlCity IP Member ID Y (under husband's name):
- NC IP account for wife,
- NC IP account for husban.

I checked the softs generated by the KeyBank PM program on Experian and Equifax actual reports, and both are reporting "Transunion", i.e. if you are using TrueCredit at the same time, you might not be getting additional b* on Equifax. Can't tell for Transunion, because need a few more days before I can access my actual report showing everything.

g10ny said: All these credit guard platforms do their bumpage job just fine, but they are so poorly designed that I am led to believe that they are specifically designed to just provide bumpage and nothing more.

So the KeyBank Privacy Matters program is showing my TU score at a whopping 704 (possible range is 150 to 950), and 24.9%. I guess I am a well below prime borrower in their eyes. I mean, with a range of 150 to 950, how can 704 be 24th percentile?

Never mind that my true FICO score is just under 800.

Have you guys confirmed you can see the # of soft inquiries you've made (like TrueCredit?)? I've never done bumpage before and I think I would use Natl City as my first attempt.

MosDeft said: Have you guys confirmed you can see the # of soft inquiries you've made (like TrueCredit?)? I've never done bumpage before and I think I would use Natl City as my first attempt.
You can with AMEX credit secure (even during the 30 day trial). Do both and knock it out faster.

Thanks ChumChurum

We have verified we can signup both National City and Key bank at the same time with some small tricks. Now if we know they will generate individual soft pull, this will be the least cost to do b*. Not only $14.95 for two people, but the first 30 days are $1 on both. You can generate about 60 soft pulls with only cost $2. From the other thread, that is about the slot for TransUnion. You can even cancel one of this trial at the 30th day if thess 60 soft pulls has done something for you.

B* is really required if you do AOR. I did AOR on my wife's account and 5 to 6 months later Citi close some of her very old account due to too many inquiries.(of course there's no balance on those cards, we are not even using them for years).

how is this compared to citi credit monitoring service? I was offered $6.95/mo , 3 bureau reports, fako scores etc.

ChumChurum said: Update:

I was able to sign-up both for NatlCity Identity and KeyBank Privacy Matters. The trick is to sign up using two different people, e.g. NatlCity for husband and KeyBank for wife.

- NC IP account for husban.

I checked the softs generated by the KeyBank PM program on Experian and Equifax actual reports, and both are reporting "Transunion", i.e. if you are using TrueCredit at the same time, you might not be getting additional b* on Equifax. Can't tell for Transunion, because need a few more days before I can access my actual report showing everything.

Thanks for the update.

I saw you have posted on another thread "Multiple pulls increasing B* speed":

---------------------------
2. Here is how the pulls from different program will be shown on your Transunion dispute report:

FIRSTNAME MI LAST NAME via TRUELINK/CHASE ID THEFT - Chase
FIRSTNAME MI LAST NAME via TRUELINK, INC. - real TrueCredit.com
CONSUMERINFO via CONSUMER INFO.COM - credit secure
FIRSTNAME MI LAST NAME via TRUELINK/NAT CTY ID PRT - National City Identiy Protect

4. I used to know how these are coded on the Equifax report, but don't right now.
--------------------------

So far, it looks like we can mult-bump:
TU: TrueCredit.com + Chase ID + National ID. (Keybank PM? - still pending...)
EQ: TrueCredit.com + Chase ID + National ID/Keybank PM (either one)
EX: Who cares

Can't wait to see your TU update

therivler1 said: MosDeft said: Have you guys confirmed you can see the # of soft inquiries you've made (like TrueCredit?)? I've never done bumpage before and I think I would use Natl City as my first attempt.
You can with AMEX credit secure (even during the 30 day trial). Do both and knock it out faster.

Riv, I've done AMEX CS before and IIRC, they only let me pull one report during the 30 day trial. My next AOR is over 4-5 months away, but I was planning on getting this b* done.

You are correct that you only get 1 report for the first 30 days, but if you do an online dispute (you don't have to actually file anything), it takes you to the experian or Equifax site, and you can see your current soft pulls there - even during the 1st 30 days.

oops. need more coffee.

CreditSecure won't help with bumpage unless you're actually pulling reports. CreditSecure allows you to do online dispute with Experian only (no bumpage with EX).

However, some have reported calling AMEX/CS immediately after signup to end the trial period, pay the full monthly fee, and begin pulling daily reports without having to wait 30 days.

ChumChurum said: Update:

- NC IP account for husband.

Nice job on this...I'm going to add this to the QS.

Can you confirm whether Key Bank generates unique TU and/or EQ inquiries if you're already using Nat City?

Not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread, but I just spoke with a supervisor at ncidentityprotect.com (8662153473) and she told me that they are discontinuing this program....I asked if they are going to refund the money, she said it ($1) will be refunded in 2 weeks (in a manner which meant- its just a dollar, forget about it!)

ajny said: Not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread, but I just spoke with a supervisor at ncidentityprotect.com (8662153473) and she told me that they are discontinuing this program....I asked if they are going to refund the money, she said it ($1) will be refunded in 2 weeks (in a manner which meant- its just a dollar, forget about it!)

well, that kinda blows. thanks for the heads up.

Isn't it cheaper using Citi Identity Monitor for just 4.95??
Basically the same thing. Also they offer 25$ rebate, but it's shady.

forforych said: Isn't it cheaper using Citi Identity Monitor for just 4.95??
Basically the same thing. Also they offer 25$ rebate, but it's shady.

No, b/c it's only a triple pull monthly.

ajny said: Not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread, but I just spoke with a supervisor at ncidentityprotect.com (8662153473) and she told me that they are discontinuing this program....I asked if they are going to refund the money, she said it ($1) will be refunded in 2 weeks (in a manner which meant- its just a dollar, forget about it!)

Discountinue this program means no longer accept the new applicant but keep the existing customers or terminate this program completely?
Anyone can confirm this news yet?

I have not receive anything from NC regards to this and I am still able to pull credit report so far.

I signed up with National City with a Chase Visa a few days ago. Got my membership letter today. But I couldn't Login. After talking to Customer Service was told that this service will be discountinued and my money returned.

chaalu said: I signed up with National City with a Chase Visa a few days ago. Got my membership letter today. But I couldn't Login. After talking to Customer Service was told that this service will be discountinued and my money returned.

Any reason given?

ChumChurum said: chaalu said: I signed up with National City with a Chase Visa a few days ago. Got my membership letter today. But I couldn't Login. After talking to Customer Service was told that this service will be discountinued and my money returned.

Any reason given?

Nothing specific, just that this program is being 'phased out' (those were her words).
Just wondering if same is being done for Key Bank Program. Anyone???

I guess they found out users are not using NC's credit card to sign up. NC must be eatting up some of the cost for this service and hoping users will apply for NC credit card and use it.

UnixLab said: I guess they found out users are not using NC's credit card to sign up. NC must be eatting up some of the cost for this service and hoping users will apply for NC credit card and use it.

... deleted because of somewhat inaccurate information on my part.

ChumChurum said: chaalu said: I signed up with National City with a Chase Visa a few days ago. Got my membership letter today. But I couldn't Login. After talking to Customer Service was told that this service will be discountinued and my money returned.

Any reason given?

I was told the same thing two days after I signed up. My assumption was that since this is a Dealpass program and I am no longer able to register for any Dealpass programs, they simply said that it was "being discontinued in my area" in order to kindly tell me to go away.

ChumChurum said: I read an article about a week back regarding SunTrust bank offering Equifax product at a discount (Equifax Credit Watch Silver for free, and Gold for $3 discount). I think the article as arguing that the bank expected to add to the bottom line in two ways: increased customership because of the benefit, and reduced identity theft which are costly to banks as well.

But then they make available a google-searchable online link, that anyone can click and sign-up. I am thinking that if they wanted to make the promotion for their customers, they could easily protect it, e.g. so that you can only sign up if you are logged on to online banking. Another approach is to test whether the credit card number submitted was issued by a particular bank. Might be harder if the bank has absorbed several other banks in the past, and there is no easy way to test it based on the first couple of numbers.

The Suntrust site asks for your checking account when you enroll in Equifax Silver. They say they will compare your account number to see if this promotion applies. So yes, the form is public and anyone can click and attempt to sign up, but I don't think you can get a free ride with any number.

busterbaxter said: The Suntrust site asks for your checking account when you enroll in Equifax Silver. They say they will compare your account number to see if this promotion applies. So yes, the form is public and anyone can click and attempt to sign up, but I don't think you can get a free ride with any number.

I have followed this URL:

https://www.suntrust.com/Microsites/creditwatch/index.html

and signed up for Gold without having to provide an acct number. Perhaps Silver works different.

busterbaxter: thanks for pointing out the Suntrust checking requirement for Silver level.

In the 2nd page for Silver enrollment, it says "Instructions: If you are eligible for free Equifax Credit Watch™ Silver, please enter your promotion code consisting of the prefix "STDDA-" followed by your 13-digit eligible SunTrust Account Number (for example: STDDA-0000123456789).

Seems like the easiest thing to do is sign up for an account at Suntrust (I already have one).... no fee checking is available (although you may want to wait for a deal (such as their annual "sign up get 50 bucks" deal)...

Just spoke with CS at the Key Bank PrivacyMat 866 number. She didn't say anything about the program being discontinued. She gave me my ID number so I could log in now and not have to wait for the info to come in the mail.
I'm in the process of setting up a UserID for myself and the Mrs.
She confirmed the $1 first month charge and $14.95 thereafter for me and wife credit monitoring.

One odd thing I noticed....
Before signing up for this Key Bank deal, I've been using TC for the last 1.5 months. I've only been able to bump 1 inq off of TU. My inquiries have been TU:9, EX:8, EQ:5 for the last 2 weeks.
I just viewed my Key Bank/PrivacyMatters report for the first time...it shows TU:5, EX:6, EQ:0
When I scroll down to view the actual inquiries that companies made, I can see Equifax inquiries. Why is it saying 0 at the top when at the bottom there are obvious inquiries on my EQ report?
And also why is it such a big difference in the number of inquiries between TC and PM? Weird.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014