• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Update:

Daily pulls are available and you don't need a National City account to be eligible.

Linkage

Here are the promo codes:

766318 to enroll yourself
766319 to enroll you "and your spouse" (but i have a feeling this could be any second person)

This is by far the best deal I've seen for a bumpage-worthy credit pull service, especially if you're bumping for 2.

How to enroll 2 people:

It's definitely not intuitive.

Once you sign into the ncidentityprotect, go to Detection Tools...3-in-1 Credit Reports. Then click the first link on the right side:

"1. If you do not have a Credit Center user name and password, click here to register with TrueCredit."

You can then fill in your "spouse's" information to create a second True Credit account. Both accounts will be tied to the Nat City IP member ID.

Original Post:

This offer came with my latest National City Visa statement. Looks like you need to be a National City customer to be eligible. (Yet another reason to pick up a card from them in your next AOR.) They appear to be reselling TrueCredit - like Privacy Matters and Chase Identity Protection.

Phone number from the insert: 1.866.215.3473

Unlimited access to triple-bureau credit report. First 30 days - $1. Afterwards, $8.95/month or $14.95/month for "you and your spouse."

I started the service today and pulled 3-in-1 reports for me and Mrs. lhendricks92. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to pull another 2 tomorrow. If so, this deal is HOT. Can you say bumpage?

Enjoy.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can someone confirm if NCIDP allows daily pull for new customers? Any way to enroll now?

hraner (Oct. 22, 2009 @ 3:53p) |

Anyone else having difficulty getting a new report?

update: 10:04am CST
I called 1-800-569-3831 and they took my call back... (more)

jackcrawfish (Dec. 15, 2009 @ 9:29a) |

Just pulled mine, not problem.

Cheapoking (Dec. 15, 2009 @ 6:51p) |

PRIVACY WARNING
For a privacy protection service, they're pretty loose with private info. When you sign up, they mail you login info. The letter contains all information needed to log in. maria456 reports that she received her envelope unsealed. My (Zhentar) envelope was sealed, but it contained two sheets; I now have the log in information for a total stranger. I'm not sure how much information this would allow someone access to (credit reports require a seperate log in), but it doesn't exactly instill confidence in their security.

Key Bank has a similar deal, except there are no promo codes, and the sign up page doesn't mention any particular type of credit card.

$12.95/month for yourself
$17.95/month for you "and your spouse" Deal still good as of 6/30/2008
(30 day trial period for $1)

Key Bank Privacy Matters

Update from kittenmittens:

"Keybank has a paper shredder offer too but it's got a hand-crank. Electricity is for the weak! For Keybank the info comes through the mail but you can call a day or two after signing up and get your customer number."

Combining NatCity and Key Bank from ChumChurum:

"I was able to sign-up both for NatlCity Identity and KeyBank Privacy Matters. The trick is to sign up using two different people, e.g. NatlCity for husband and KeyBank for wife.

Once you have a Member ID, you can pull the credit of the other person. So:

KeyBank Member ID X (under wife's name):
- KeyBank Credit Report account for wife,
- KeyBank Credit Report account for husband,
NatlCity IP Member ID Y (under husband's name):
- NC IP account for wife,
- NC IP account for husband."

Note: Unconfirmed whether KeyBank and NatCity generate unique inquiries. If someone can confirm, feel free to update the QS.
Update: I can confirm that KeyBank and NatCity generate unique inquiries on EQ. However, KeyBank's inquiry is identical to tru3credit.com's on EQ. Not sure about TU yet.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just sign up for their trials each time I want to check. Forget that stupid monthly fee.

killme2 said: I just sign up for their trials each time I want to check. Forget that stupid monthly fee.
But you have to put up with a monthly fee if you want to employe bumpage , lhendricks, Good post, I'll check it out. Please let me know if you are successful in daily pulls.

Looks like daily pulls are indeed available. Also, I don't think you actually need a National City account to be eligible.

Here are the promo codes:

766318 to enroll yourself
766319 to enroll you "and your spouse" (but i have a feeling this could be any second person)

I'll update the OP with this info.

This is by far the best deal I've seen for a bumpage-worthy credit pull service, especially if you're bumping for 2.

Great if it works, but it asks for
*National City credit
or debit card number

Also, it's not sure whether it allows daily pulls for the trial period. For instance, the AmE>< similar service does not, beyond that triple pull offered. Not that big deal, though, if you decide to keep this service for some time. Yup, about the cheapest bumpage available!

i forgot to mention that...i used a chase visa. no problem!

g10ny said: Great if it works, but it asks for *National City credit or debit card number I used a different card, don't have NatCity -
"Thank you for enrolling in the Identity ProtectSM Program. You will receive an email in the next three business days with instructions on how to access your benefits. Please note: Your trial membership will start once your benefit access instructions have been sent to you."

therivler1 said: g10ny said: Great if it works, but it asks for *National City credit or debit card number I used a different card, don't have NatCity -
"Thank you for enrolling in the Identity ProtectSM Program. You will receive an email in the next three business days with instructions on how to access your benefits. Please note: Your trial membership will start once your benefit access instructions have been sent to you."

same here. it's not instant apparently.

got the same message when i applied last thursday and got the instructions email on monday.

There is a free personal document shredder as well. cool

Applied, thanks OP...

Also:
Special trial offer: sign up now and get your first 30 days of Identity ProtectSM for $1.00 to start… plus claim a Personal Desktop Document Shredder at no cost to you!

Free mini shredder....

Also (again with the ALSO's...LOL!) Anyone consider signing up 2 times!?!?!?! For twice the cost of the 1 buck promo, you can POSSIBLY pulls 2 times a day!

Waiting for responses... and thinking about the HUGE bump-o-rama about to start!

On signing up twice, does it require 2 NC accounts, or just 2 email addresses, 2 names, etc? Not expecting anyone to know at this point, though.

Any idea if they take other types of cards than Visa?

g10ny said: Any idea if they take other types of cards than Visa?

Give it a shot, and let us know.

SOmehow when i try to use the link , it gives me an error message. Is it me or the promotion has expired. Could anyone check please.

I have tried a few many times & also cleared the cookies.

does their site give you any credit scores? Even if it isn't a true FICO.

Technologist said: Applied, thanks OP...

Also:
Special trial offer: sign up now and get your first 30 days of Identity ProtectSM for $1.00 to start… plus claim a Personal Desktop Document Shredder at no cost to you!

Free mini shredder....

Also (again with the ALSO's...LOL!) Anyone consider signing up 2 times!?!?!?! For twice the cost of the 1 buck promo, you can POSSIBLY pulls 2 times a day!

Waiting for responses... and thinking about the HUGE bump-o-rama about to start!

This deal looks very much alike to the keybank $9.95 with a complimentary docu shredder. Yoohoo!
Now it's only 8.95! Thanks!

fattykokoya said: This deal looks very much alike to the keybank $9.95 with a complimentary docu shredder. Yoohoo!

keybank? details, please.

update: I think I answered my own question. Google is my friend.

Thanks fattykokoya!

toy4two said: does their site give you any credit scores? Even if it isn't a true FICO.

yes, it gives you TrueCredit FAKO scores.

lhendricks92 said: fattykokoya said: This deal looks very much alike to the keybank $9.95 with a complimentary docu shredder. Yoohoo!
keybank? details, please.

update: I think I answered my own question. Google is my friend.

Thanks fattykokoya!
fixed link

Looks DealPass related. Those blacklisted by DealPass may have problems signing up and keeping this service.

Thanks OP, I just sign up too.

One question to those who ever cancelled TrueCredit service.
Do they stop you access or stop you to update credit report right after you call for cancel or it is actually allows you to use the service until the end of the month period, since you have pre-pay the whole month.

nice find OP.

UnixLab said: One question to those who ever cancelled TrueCredit service.
Do they stop you access or stop you to update credit report right after you call for cancel or it is actually allows you to use the service until the end of the month period, since you have pre-pay the whole month.

I just cancelled my WalMart TrueCredit service, and they let me have access for the rest of the month.

Has anyone verified that this works without a Nat City Visa? And can I keep TrueCredit (through Wal-Mart, of course) along with this?

Thanks a million. Well, ok... thanks about $11/month

Has anyone besides the OP received the follow-up email from them?

Used master card, never received confirmation email.

I'll give this a try, even though I don't have a National City account.

CorporateBob said: Has anyone verified that this works without a Nat City Visa? And can I keep TrueCredit (through Wal-Mart, of course) along with this?

I suppose you mean $8.95/mo or $14.95/mo for two

UnixLab said: CorporateBob said: Has anyone verified that this works without a Nat City Visa? And can I keep TrueCredit (through Wal-Mart, of course) along with this?

Well, now I have the AMEX service for the 2 of us... $26/month. If this works, then I can get the same thing for $14.95/month, saving about $11/month.

UnixLab said: CorporateBob said: Has anyone verified that this works without a Nat City Visa? And can I keep TrueCredit (through Wal-Mart, of course) along with this?

perhaps he was referring to his savings over his current deal....

anyway, I added the similar Key Bank deal to the Quick Summary.

It looks like if you are going to sign up for two, Keybank is the better option since you don't need to wait for the confirmation email.

UnixLab said: It looks like if you are going to sign up for two, Keybank is the better option since you don't need to wait for the confirmation email.
But then you don't get the sweet-a$$ paper shredder.

djspray said: UnixLab said: It looks like if you are going to sign up for two, Keybank is the better option since you don't need to wait for the confirmation email.
But then you don't get the sweet-a$$ paper shredder.

Keybank has a paper shredder offer too but it's got a hand-crank. Electricity is for the weak!

For Keybank the info comes through the mail but you can call a day or two after signing up and get your customer number.

lhendricks92 said: g10ny said: Any idea if they take other types of cards than Visa?

Give it a shot, and let us know.

Three days of waiting after having signed up w/ a Fidelity MC, no e-mails...

therivler1 said: Has anyone besides the OP received the follow-up email from them?Just got it. Not a National City account holder; funded with BOA/FIA Fidelity Visa.

jackiechiles said: therivler1 said: Has anyone besides the OP received the follow-up email from them?Just got it. Not a National City account holder; funded with BOA/FIA Fidelity Visa.

I use the same card and my guess g10ny uses the same card too.
When did you sign up?

Now I got my confirmation e-mail. So Mastercards Do work.

Just got my confirmation email. Score only from TU. Shredder works with manual rotation, not electric. Used Orchardbank Master card.

Skipping 226 Messages...
Just pulled mine, not problem.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.