• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
User mountainview has struck again: the wonder post

The direct link for applying is this

If you like this, please go to the first link and give green to the original poster of the deal.
If you don't, please don't shoot the messenger...

Member Summary
Please take over on this quick summary.

Rewards only on AT&T purchases/bills
3%, no cap BT fees, 12 months 0% APR
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Before anyone gets too excited about this offer,
the 10% or 5% rewards offer applies only to payments on your AT&T and Cingular phone bills and to certain AT&T consumer products purchased directly from AT&T or Cingular. It is not obvious that there are any rewards for non-AT&T purchases.

But it's OK if you are paying an AT&T phone bill.

Your AT&T Universal Platinum Card account (Card Account) will receive a savings based upon eligible transactions appearing on your current month's billing statement. The only eligible transactions are AT&T consumer products and/or services and Cingular bill payments. AT&T consumer products and services must be purchased through 1-800-222-3111, 1-866-246-4852, www.att.com, www.telephones.att.com, www.cingular.com, Cingular Company owned stores or AT&T customer service centers. Purchases from independent Cingular dealers are not eligible, unless they are for payment of Cingular service. The savings will show on your Card Account as long as your Card Account is open and current. However, if your Card Account is no longer open or current, you will not be able to earn these savings.
Unless you are participating in a limited-time promotional offer, you will earn 5% on eligible AT&T purchases. For the first year of cardmembership, you will earn 10% on eligible AT&T purchases.

frootmall said:

But it's OK if you are paying an AT&T phone bill.

I guess it's ideal to apply for this card before buying an iPhone,esp. w/ AT&T contract.

Now if we could only sweet-talk some CSRs into capping the 3% fee on BT's, you could use the card for rewards for 11 months and then request a 12 month 0% BT as well. Great find!

djspray said: Now if we could only sweet-talk some CSRs into capping the 3% fee on BT's, you could use the card for rewards for 11 months and then request a 12 month 0% BT as well. Great find!
Partially wishful thinking, but I said the same in the winter when I got the no annual fee PPE card with 0% BT w/ fee capped at $250: a miracle occurred.

I hate to threadcrap, but I want to put out a caveat emptor on the AT+T card, it is notorious for *not* giving the 5% rewards.

I battled them for 3 months, but apparently "ATT phone service" on my statement does not count as "AT+T services" eligible for 5%.

The card is now socked.

[edit : here is the link to the FW ATT-angst thread

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=52&threadid=641396
]

I can't see a way they could deny an iPhone purchase as being eligible for 5%. Nothing in the T&C's prohibit it. Looks like this could be a nice $30 bonus off the purchase price. That, and 10% off the bill each month make it pretty tempting.

Anyone know if this card has Virtual Credit Card?

w/o TY
w/ TY

For each dollar you spend on AT&T products and services that matches the amount you spend on other purchases, you will receive 10% savings for the first 12 months, 5% after that.

mountainview said: w/o TY
w/ TY

For each dollar you spend on AT&T products and services that matches the amount you spend on other purchases, you will receive 10% savings for the first 12 months, 5% after that.

Thank you for pointing out the "matching" part. I'm glad that they rejected my application.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014