• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm thinking of switching to one of the ebilling and epayment services for an AOR and also general use. Currently using Citi which has online payment but no online bill retrieval. I see many people use Yodlee for their AOR payments- does anyone use Checkfree? Any advantage to Yodlee vs. Checkfree (mycheckfree.com) if I decide to stay with Citi?

If I change banks, I was thinking of BofA since most seem to think they have the best billpay with bill retrieval. It wasn't clear from my reading whether it's based on Yodlee or Checkfree, or some combination of the two. Can anyone advise? Any advantage to this vs. a Citi + Yodlee combo (aside from the obvious benefit of integration into a single website)? Any other banks that collect ebills I should consider?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Most of the major banks and brokerage houses use Checkfree to process there online bill payments. The only difference between 1 bank to other is there how they integrate Checkfree into there own web pages.

Some bank link directly to Checkfree interface while others write there own front end to interface with Checkfree. The fact your bank uses the plain vanilla interface from Checkfree or write there own does not affect how your bills get paid in general as most banks pick cheapest Checkfree option which has Checkfree mail out cashier checks against your account when an EFT is not possible as a payment option so the money get debited on the due date you select irreguardless of when the payment clears the bank. Some of the higher end accounts pay Checkfree to mail out checks drawn against your account for payee who do not accept EFT so you continue to accure interest till the check clears your account. Some Banks who wrote there own front end allow payments to scheduled for next day vs most other banks require you to input your bill pays a min of 3-4 days ahead of the due date. Some Banks intergrate E-Bills.

Only reason people like BOA is because in all honesty BOA has one of the nicest web page around which lots of extra features most other banks do not offer like searching registers and catagorizing payments etc. But at the end of the day both BOA and Citibank will pay your bill 100% the same way using the same service.

Personally I use Quicken and both BOA(Both Bank and Investment) and Citigroup(Both Citibank and Smith Barney) look and opertate the same, share the same payee list as both use Checkfree, allow transfers between accounts from inside of Quicken including transfers to credit cards etc. Only reason I personally prefer Citigroup over BOA is my Citigroup accounts are Citi PB accounts so for anyone who does not accept an EFT Checkfree mails out checks drawn against my account so I am able to collect the float on thoses funds till the check clears my account. Also I am able to tell if a payee recieved the payment and cashed the check as I will see the check online and orginal check returned with my statement in the mail Vs BOA always send cashier checks to people who do not accept EFT so I have no idea if the payee recieved the check and cashed till I get next month bill from the payee showing the payment. I also dont know if a payment got lost or not as I have no way to know if the check cleared or not as it is not drawn against my acount for payee like the pool man who do not send me bills at all.

But I understand from other people on this board retail Citibank mail cashier checks to payee who do not accept EFT just like BOA.

Thanks. Can anyone comment on the ebill services? This seems to be an area that most banks (Chase, Citi) don't even bother with but would be a nice feature to ahve. On mycheckfree.com there is a list of ebill providers. Is the list the same at BofA or are there more ebillers?

I've found that although alot of banks that use Checkfree, do use the basic checkfree interface (rather then designing their own to work with it) that alot of them these days seem to offer the next day service on electronic payments (as long as you schedule by 4 pm on a business day, and the next day is a business day...of course) and the electronic payment IS actually made that next business day.....

Most do seem to have the set up where, when electronic payments can't be done, they send a check and the money is taken out on the day they would expect it to arrive (usually about 3 days) but do not wait until the check actually clears through.....

My last few banks, EBank, CNBT of Texas, Provident CU, and now Fidelity all worked this way...but surprisingly when i had Washington Mutual, they were much slower, even though they did use Checkfree, and made you schedule them several days in advance.....Guess WAMU is kind of behind the times...lol

jmorgans said: Thanks. Can anyone comment on the ebill services? This seems to be an area that most banks (Chase, Citi) don't even bother with but would be a nice feature to ahve. On mycheckfree.com there is a list of ebill providers. Is the list the same at BofA or are there more ebillers?
Just in case nobody answers that question, here is an easier one:
I have checkfree-based billpay accounts at Wachovia and US Bank. Both receive ebills, but neither of them can receive ebills from US Bank credit cards nor National City credit cards. Can BoA?

Hi there, weather or not your bank can receive ebills from your Credit Card at another FI, or any other merchant does not depend on BofA, or Citi or whoever you bank with/ pay your bills with.....but rather on the Credit Card company that is issuing the bill.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014