• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
searched and didn't find this deal in FWF.

credit goes to Bankdeal.

Qualification
- $250 min initial deposit
- no minimum monthly balance
- DD required (I asked CSR to clarify this. CSR said as long as it shows up as "direct deposit" it will work. No need to be workplace initiated)
- online banking setup within 30 days of a/c opening..
- 5 billpay within 60 days of a/c opening.

I called them and they say bonus is valid for online application too.
link for opening account online. This is a non-interest bearing free checking account.

I asked about hard pull. CSR was not sure and said she would have someone contact me tomorrow to clarify this. Will post update when that is done. (update: no hard pull)

Also asked about offer code. CSR said as long as the online app is for "Personal iChecking", the bonus will apply.

edit: I found this so looks like they use ChexSystem.

Just pulled the trigger and in the final screen it says "CONGRATULATIONS! You’re Done! Thank you for choosing Imperial Capital Bank. You will be receiving an email shortly confirming your application request.If you have any questions please call our toll free number at 1-866-413-5626. " The actual email says

XX,

Thank you for submitting your application with Imperial Capital Bank. We are in the process of reviewing your application, and a response will be sent to you within 72 hours. Thank you for choosing Imperial Capital Bank as your online bank of choice.

Toll Free Phone: 1(866) 413-5626
(8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time)

New Accounts Department
Imperial Capital Bank
Where Financial Opportunities Begin
http://www.imperialcapitalbank.com

MEMBER FDIC, Equal Housing Lender

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

glxpass (Feb. 16, 2008 @ 4:54p) |

The link to the coupon no longer works, but I just called the 800.455.4485 number and they say the offer is still valid ... (more)

glxpass (Feb. 19, 2008 @ 9:18a) |

I've re-writen this post because, per the Vice President, Director of Banking Operations at Imperial Capital Bank (yes, ... (more)

glxpass (Feb. 19, 2008 @ 3:41p) |

Expires on October 12 2007. It got extended

bankdeal says this is for in-branch visit only. However when I called in, the CSR said the online "Personal iChecking" account application will also qualify. I have got 3 CSRs with the same response.

The prior promotion, Bonus Money Checking, has ended. That promotion was apparently available on-line or at only three branches.

The current promotion is called “Easy Money Checking”, and is only available at all Imperial Capital Bank branches. It is not available online. This offer also has a possible bonus total of $150, depending on what requirements you meet. Its requirements are very similar, but not identical to the prior promotion.

Imperial Capital Bank ATM and Branch Locator

From the Easy Money Checking Promotion information:

Ask how you can earn $150 BONUS CASH
when you open an Easy Money Checking account with Direct Deposit and Online Banking. *

EASY MONEY CHECKING has arrived.

Free Online Banking and Bill Pay

Free Checks (First order of bank checks up to $20)

ATM fees waived all over the world**

** International Conversion fees are not waived.

* The minimum balance to open an Easy Money Checking Account is $100. However, to be eligible to earn the $150 cash bonus, the minimum opening balance is $250. Easy Money Checking Account must be opened with funds not currently on deposit and is limited to one new consumer Easy Money Checking Account per household.

Customer is eligible to earn $75 if direct deposit is established for the Easy Money Checking Account within 30 days of opening. Upon verification of the first direct deposit, $75 will be credited to the account within the next statement cycle. Direct deposit eligibility is based on customer's relationship with a third party involving recurring monthly payments, such as payroll, Social Security, VA Benefits, SSI payments, or other similar monthly credits. PAY PAL CREDITS DO NOT QUALIFY.

Customer is eligible to earn $25 if within the first 30 days of account opening Online Banking is established for the Easy Money Checking Account. Within 60 days of account opening, customer will be eligible to earn an additional $50 if five (5) bill payments through Imperial Capital Bank Bill Pay are made from the Easy Money Checking Account. Upon verification of qualified bill payments, the $50 will be credited to the account within the next statement cycle. Bill payments must be a minimum of $25 each to qualify. PAY PAL DEBITS DO NOT QUALIFY.

If, for any reason the Easy Money Checking Account is closed within the first 180 days of account opening the account will be subject to an early closure fee of $75. All accounts are subject to applicable terms and conditions.

Bonus offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time and will expire on 4/30/08.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's not the Personal I Checking Account that can be opened online that this offer is for..it is for their "easy money Checking Account" which is not available online....This account is a local offer, as it requires printing out the coupon and bringing in, specifically, to their San Francisco branch, in order to get the account and the bonus....Also, i believe the account pays no interest, though it says that it does cover atm fees.....

Also, it must remain open for at least 6 months and has the following steps to it:

You have to print out the coupon and visit their San Francisco branch at 580 California Street, Suite 150. Important bonus details include:

$250 minimum balance to open checking account and earn bonus
Expires on September 30, 2007
$75 is earned for establishing direct deposit at time of opening
$25 is earned for activating online banking within 30 days of opening your account
$50 is earned for making 5 online bill payments within 60 days of openining your account

Op needs to straighten this posting out...many may get confused and open an ichecking online and think they will get the bonus....also, you should put San Francisco Branch visit required...

Op, if you applied online for the i-checking you better call them and have them cancel it, it isn't the right account....follow the link from "bankdeal" and you will see what i mean!

craig, I just called them and the CSR said the "Personal iChecking" account qualifies for this bonus. I specifically asked if the followings qualify

- out of state (she said yes)
- open online (she said yes)
- which account (she said for online app, only the "Personal iChecking" qualifies. This is non-interest bearing and free).

I asked her twice about whether in branch visit is necessary for the $150 offer, she said "no, online app is fine for this bonus offer". She also recited the terms to me which are exactly the same as Bankdeal and as quoted above (min opening deposit, etc.)

I also found this in which mrarnedo called and got the same answer.

Since they will have someone called me tomorrow for the hard-pull issue, I will ask this again and post an update here.

This will be interesting. In the "How did you hear about us" I put "Other" and put www.bonusmoneychecking.com in the text field. Hopefully that will be good enough to get the bonus applied.

The only funding options are check, wire, and funding from another Imperial account. I didn't investigate whether by "wire" they meant ACH or an actual wire transfer.

runderwo said: This will be interesting. In the "How did you hear about us" I put "Other" and put www.bonusmoneychecking.com in the text field. Hopefully that will be good enough to get the bonus applied.

I asked the CSR if I needed to put any offer code in the app. She said no, it is automatic. She said "if you apply for the Personal iChecking account, the bonus will apply automatically".

runderwo said:
The only funding options are check, wire, and funding from another Imperial account. I didn't investigate whether by "wire" they meant ACH or an actual wire transfer.

Don't know this either since you have to wait until they review the app and contact you. I also chose "wire".

yes, busterbaxter, please get clarification on it when you talk to them, because i noticed that "easy money checking" isn't shown on their online offerings, though the personal i checking is, of course....questions to clarify would be:

1) if one uses the i checking application, how would he get the bonus? And may anyone in the US apply online or only locals in San Francisco?

2) does i checking also have the same "unlimited atm rebates" deal like "easy money"?
(reason i was questioning this is that a while back, i was going to apply for Personal I checking, and the CSR said that when it said all atm fees were covered, they meant all atm fees on THEIR END and that they didn't, in addition, rebate atm fees charged by the other bank.....so i didn't open after i was told that).... The Easy Money account clearly states that they cover ALL the fees, except for the 1% visa foreign curreny fee (overseas)....

3) also, would ANY ACH IN DEPOSIT fulfill the Direct Deposit Requirement (not just payroll DD)....???

It's a bit confusing, as presented...(lol) to say the least

craig, I have a feeling that the personal ichecking is the online equivalent of that "easy ???" walk-in account.

as for your questions
1) CSR said it is automatic. Out-of-state works fine.
2) I didn't ask for this. Will clarify tomorrow.
3) CSR said "as long as it shows up as DIRECT DEPOSIT, it will work. No need to be from a workplace <- payroll". I don't have experience with using ACH-in to simulate a DD. I only remember if I ACH-out an account periodically, the transaction shows up as "Direct Debit". Can someone with experience in this chimes in?

Will update tomorrow as promised.

To be eligible for the Bonus you must also establish direct deposit at the time of opening. Therefore, DD is an absolute condition to begin with. CSRs are not familiar with DDs and what they say cannot be taken seriously. They say things to make you open accounts. Later, the bank could easily disqualify you and then apologize for the CSR not giving you correct information. Open at your own risk. Also, with too many fake DDs you may want to reference this thread just in case. (P.S.: This like Amalgamated Bank deal looks like a wild goose chase to me.)

yes, BrunoB, it does seem like a rather "iffy" deal....alot of questions and confusion...especially since Imperial has one set of accounts for the internet bank and another set of accounts for their bricks and mortar bank...

The deal seems to be directed toward this new account being offered in their bricks and mortar branches and specifically to opening, in person, with coupon, in their San Francisco branch...and it does specifically say about establishing DD upon opening, which gives the impression they want the REAL THING not a simulated one..otherwise, it would say DD or any ACH deposit, and it does not say that....

The CSR could be giving him (the op) alot of bad info here...i think i will pass on this one....sounds too uncertain to me....

Also, anyone attempting this one...bear in mind that if the account isn't kept open for 6 months, you lose $75.00...also you have to earn the $150 in steps (as i outlined above) including doing a bunch of bill pays....

Also, it is a no-interest account...though i don't see anything saying you have to maintain a specific amount in it....Also, the bricks and mortar account is called "Easy Money Checking" not "Personal I Checking" like on their web bank.....They have two divisions, kind of like Amboy Bank and Amboy Direct or Amtrust Bank and Amtrust Direct, so the whole deal seems rather questionable to me....

As promised, called again and got another CSR.

- as long as a non-interest bearing account is opened before 9/30, bonus will apply. No need for any code.
- as for the difference between the B&M "Easy Money Checking" and the online "Personal iChecking", CSR said they are the same thing. Per CSR, "Easy Money Checking is just a name used in the promo, not the true name of the account type. Personal iChecking is the internal name for this kind of account."
- $75 for establishing DD. This can be payroll, SS check, or ACH-in. I specifically asked about the last one and she said yes. I asked "can I transfer money in every month from an external bank and have this counted as DD", she replied "yes, this counts". I am not going to use this though since my payroll can be deposited to several accounts so I will use a real DD.
- $25 for establishing online banking within 30 days of a/c opening
- $50 for doing 5 billpays within 60 days of a/c opening
- ATM surcharges refunded
- No hard pull.

Personally I don't think non-interest bearing is an issue. Since they don't require a min. monthly balance, you can withdraw the initial deposit later.

thanks for the thorough update, busterbaxter, you just turned a "shaky sounding" bonus into a much more concrete and plausable one...lol

might even make a handy "spare account/atm card" to keep a small amount of money in, after getting the bonus...kind of as a "back up" atm card to my normally used one....and $150 is always nice to get..... too bad their savings accts don't pay high yields, but sometimes i think they do have some good CD offerings...

craig10x said: thanks for the thorough update, busterbaxter, you just turned a "shaky sounding" bonus into a much more concrete and plausable one...lol

you're welcome craig. I have fighted enough "shaking sounding" bonus wars with the big banks. I don't mind adding 1 more to the front

Did anyone come across a timeframe for Imperial to deposint the bonus(es) into your checking account?

i'm game... completed the app.
thx op

Thanks, OP. I'm in.

Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

gobbled said: Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

just got the same email today.

Do you have a WAMU free checking account? They have free notary service, although I've heard from FWF or mymoneyblog that they might only notarize WAMU-related docs.

busterbaxter said: gobbled said: Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

Do you have a WAMU free checking account? They have free notary service, although I've heard from FWF or mymoneyblog that they might only notarize WAMU-related docs.

Thanks for the tip. I do have wamu free checking account with their 5% saving. Will try.

gobbled said: busterbaxter said: gobbled said: Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

Thanks for the tip. I do have wamu free checking account with their 5% saving. Will try.

Could you please let me know how it turns out...I'm interested in this deal and have the same wamu accounts...might follow your lead...thanks.

I used a notary service at both WAMU and US Bank more than ten times. None of my documents were not related to the Bank's business but they never charged me a dime.

DANIELMAINST said: I used a notary service at both WAMU and US Bank more than ten times. None of my documents were not related to the Bank's business but they never charged me a dime.

Corrections:

None of my documents were related to the Bank's business.

gobbled said: Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

Both Fifth third, and Chase will do this for free. It did not matter if it was the specific banks business or not.

Qualification
- DD required (I asked CSR to clarify this. CSR said as long as it shows up as "direct deposit" it will work. No need to be workplace initiated)

This seems like a no brainer to me. Transfer 251 in, then pay five bills for 50 each, after setting up billpay, and online banking. Keep 1.00 dollar in to keep acct open. Use local bank for free notary service. Use Paypal for DD. No hard pull. Wait for the money. But to be sure I am going to double check the info.

Donedealzz said: Qualification

This seems like a no brainer to me. Transfer 251 in, then pay five bills for 50 each, after setting up billpay, and online banking. Keep 1.00 dollar in to keep acct open. Use local bank for free notary service. Use Paypal for DD. No hard pull. Wait for the money. But to be sure I am going to double check the info.

Are you sure the Paypal transfer(or INGDirect as I would like to do) will qualify DirectDeposit?

Thanks

"Bonus is limited to one new checking account per household". So how the couple to earn the double $150?

Hudendak said: "Bonus is limited to one new checking account per household". So how the couple to earn the double $150?

Divorce first?

For those that do these deals many times over, this may be important to you:

Accounts closed within the first 180 days are subject to an early closure fee of $75.

Located at the bottom of the paragraph on this page

http://www.bonusmoneychecking.com/accountdetails.htm

Does any one have a scan of the original offer? Just in case we don't get the bonus, we can have something to argue about.

FaceOff said: Hudendak said: "Bonus is limited to one new checking account per household". So how the couple to earn the double $150?

Divorce first?

Buy a second home?

"Householding" for is tyicially driven by the Address on the application. Persons using different addresses are not "householded" together. PO Boxes will work in some instances, however, many banks only allow a PO box for mailing purposes and require that you supply a street address on the application.

is there some guys who opened it online and already got this bonus?

cashmonkey said: Thanks, OP. I'm in.

Never mind, I'm out. Notary, utility bill, direct deposit, bill pay -- too many hoops.

jfharper said: gobbled said: busterbaxter said: gobbled said: Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

Could you please let me know how it turns out...I'm interested in this deal and have the same wamu accounts...might follow your lead...thanks.

Called the local branch. was told it has to be wamu related documents.

I used BOA's notary service, there was no line and I was in and out within 5 minutes. Dropped it in the mail with my opening deposit today.

gobbled said: jfharper said: gobbled said: busterbaxter said: gobbled said: Got an email asking me to send it a notorized signature. Need to pay $10 I guess.

Called the local branch. was told it has to be wamu related documents.
My wamu charges $6, for the account holders.

which one should I choose in the second page, it seems the iChecking account need a $1000 minimum?

Account Type (See Rate Schedule)
iCertificate of Deposit (3 month) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (6 month) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (9 month) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (12 month) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (18 month) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (2 year) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (3 year) - $2,000/minimum

iCertificate of Deposit (5 year) - $2,000/minimum

Easy Money Checking – no minimum balance

iChecking - $1,000/minimum

Personal iChecking - $100/minimum

Senior iChecking - $250/minimum

iSavings - $50/minimum

iMoney Market Checking - $2,500/minimum

ddyourself said: which one should I choose in the second page, it seems the iChecking account need a $1000 minimum?

choose Personal iChecking which is non-interest bearing.

I received the request for sig. card and they referenced the opening of my CD in the mail. Is this a standard email that everyone gets?

busterbaxter said: ddyourself said: which one should I choose in the second page, it seems the iChecking account need a $1000 minimum?

choose Personal iChecking which is non-interest bearing.

Bear me with my ignorance, does that one still require $100 minimum?

ddyourself said:
Bear me with my ignorance, does that one still require $100 minimum?

I'm assuming you want to take advantage of the deal, which requires a $250 minimum

Skipping 51 Messages...
I've re-writen this post because, per the Vice President, Director of Banking Operations at Imperial Capital Bank (yes, she actually replied to my e-mail mentioned in an above post), the prior promotion, Bonus Money Checking, has ended. That promotion was apparently available on-line or at only three branches.

The current promotion is called “Easy Money Checking”, and is only available at all Imperial Capital Bank branches. It is not available online. This offer also has a possible bonus total of $150, depending on what requirements you meet. Its requirements are very similar, but not identical to the prior promotion.

Imperial Capital Bank ATM and Branch Locator

From the Easy Money Checking Promotion information:

Ask how you can earn $150 BONUS CASH
when you open an Easy Money Checking account with Direct Deposit and Online Banking. *

EASY MONEY CHECKING has arrived.

Free Online Banking and Bill Pay

Free Checks (First order of bank checks up to $20)

ATM fees waived all over the world**

** International Conversion fees are not waived.

* The minimum balance to open an Easy Money Checking Account is $100. However, to be eligible to earn the $150 cash bonus, the minimum opening balance is $250. Easy Money Checking Account must be opened with funds not currently on deposit and is limited to one new consumer Easy Money Checking Account per household.

Customer is eligible to earn $75 if direct deposit is established for the Easy Money Checking Account within 30 days of opening. Upon verification of the first direct deposit, $75 will be credited to the account within the next statement cycle. Direct deposit eligibility is based on customer's relationship with a third party involving recurring monthly payments, such as payroll, Social Security, VA Benefits, SSI payments, or other similar monthly credits. PAY PAL CREDITS DO NOT QUALIFY.

Customer is eligible to earn $25 if within the first 30 days of account opening Online Banking is established for the Easy Money Checking Account. Within 60 days of account opening, customer will be eligible to earn an additional $50 if five (5) bill payments through Imperial Capital Bank Bill Pay are made from the Easy Money Checking Account. Upon verification of qualified bill payments, the $50 will be credited to the account within the next statement cycle. Bill payments must be a minimum of $25 each to qualify. PAY PAL DEBITS DO NOT QUALIFY.

If, for any reason the Easy Money Checking Account is closed within the first 180 days of account opening the account will be subject to an early closure fee of $75. All accounts are subject to applicable terms and conditions.

Bonus offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time and will expire on 4/30/08.

Added the above to the Quick Summary.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014