• Go to page :
  • 123 4 5
  • Text Only
I received this email today...I have to say it is a pretty STUPID mistake for a company like this:

It has recently been brought to our attention that some of our customers have been experiencing difficulty in cashing Revolution MoneyExchange checks sent prior to February 12, 2008. Unfortunately when the checks were printed, there was a number left off of our bank’s routing number. Attempts to cash the checks have been denied due to this error.

On Monday, March 3, 2008, we will place a stop payment on your existing check and reissue a new check within the next 3 business days. These checks will be sent to your address on record. If you have attempted to cash your check and have incurred any fees, Revolution MoneyExchange will reimburse you for those fees. In order to receive any form of reimbursement for those fees, you will need to provide documentation of the charges. Please send a fax or written correspondence to:

Fax: 1-800-731-0620

Mailing Address: Revolution MoneyExchange

P.O. Box 2470

Largo, FL 33779-2470

Please accept our sincere apologize for any inconvenience this oversight may have caused. We look forward to working with you in the future and envision a great and lasting association. If you have any questions you may contact a Customer Service Representative at 1-800-794-9071, daily 7:00 a.m. through 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

$25 bonus offer extended to the end of March 2008.

From their Terms and Conditions:

"To take advantage of this offer you must register for an account at www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com by March 31, 2008... Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice...."

has anyone else had issues with referral credits not showing up?

ciked said: has anyone else had issues with referral credits not showing up?

Happened to alot of us here as well as to myself.
Most of my refferals have gone through. So I'm not complaining.

ciked said: has anyone else had issues with referral credits not showing up?

I've only had two but both showed up immediately.

bittul said: ciked said: has anyone else had issues with referral credits not showing up?

If a referral credit has not shown up....

Call them and explain... they will verify all your info, then tell you to tell the REFERRAL to call them. Once the referral calls, and they verify the info, they will credit the 10 bucks.

I had to do this several times.

Also, they MAY call back the referral, to confirm that they just called in!!!! I feel pretty good about the security!

Revolution card now $50 off with $51 purchase at Buy .com

http://www.Buy.com/corp/revolution_offer.asp

Technologist said: bittul said: ciked said: has anyone else had issues with referral credits not showing up?

If a referral credit has not shown up....

Call them and explain... they will verify all your info, then tell you to tell the REFERRAL to call them. Once the referral calls, and they verify the info, they will credit the 10 bucks.

I had to do this several times.

Also, they MAY call back the referral, to confirm that they just called in!!!! I feel pretty good about the security!
I tried to call them once. It will take around 40 min on hold, than an Indian lady will reply that they were sorry thay computers were down and what your phone number to call you back.

Don't ever bother calling them or emailing them, I have had ZERO success with them, I have ried many times and finally I have given up, they have never responded to my emails and with their phone service there are very long hold times and they can never help you not even with the most general questions. If they say they wil investigate something they never do.
Very disappointed with the lack of or should I say ZERO customer support.
RME is fine for the fast $25 and maybe a referral but I have even had problems with them not paying me for referrals and NEVER got a penny for the last several that were submitted even though I know they were accepted and everything was in order.
RME is a huge disappointment!!!

leedsutd67 said: Revolution card now $50 off with $51 purchase at Buy .com. http://www.Buy.com/corp/revolution_offer.asp
REPOST and (as I said earlier) I'd rather have cash.

For the life of me I don't understand why some of you are having such difficulty with RME's Customer Support (?). I've called them, now, three different times and always gotten an immediate answer from . . . er, let's just say not in India. Very polite, always helpful.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear we have some PAINPAL plants in this thread. VANISH. The party's over and the Revolution has officially begun ALLELUIA.

TYTBUDGET

TYTBUDGET said: leedsutd67 said: Revolution card now $50 off with $51 purchase at Buy .com. http://www.Buy.com/corp/revolution_offer.asp
REPOST and (as I said earlier) I'd rather have cash.

For the life of me I don't understand why some of you are having such difficulty with RME's Customer Support (?). I've called them, now, three different times and always gotten an immediate answer from . . . er, let's just say not in India. Very polite, always helpful.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear we have some PAINPAL plants in this thread. VANISH. The party's over and the Revolution has officially begun ALLELUIA.

TYTBUDGET

Same here..... CSR was definitely american, and no probs whatsoever... buh-bye GayPal!

I assume eBay does or will be banning us from using this???

I signed up, with NO problem, 4 days ago.
I didn't want to give my bank info, so instead of having it deposited in my bank account, I "paid" $2.50 to have a check mailed to me.
I got a check for $22.50 today. That's 3 business days. Issued through First Bank and Trust (Brookings, SD) - all as stated.

$25 bonus extended to Apr 15.

hmmmmmm ....
I went to the bank today to cash my check ...
I noticed they were doing a lot of "discussing" ...
finally the clerk asked me if I had cashed a check like this before ..
they said they couldn't get it to "stand" - whatever that means ...
so they said they could only deposit it into my account, but could not cash it ...
hmmmm ......
I guess I'll know in a few days if it goes through ....

anybody had much luck in actually using this service? I took a payment from somebody and then transferred the cash to my local checking account and it has been 10 business days and it hasnt showed up...the guy that paid me said it took a long time for his account to setup as well....also got my 10 dollar referral bonus and then they took that back....

maddybeagle said: anybody had much luck in actually using this service? I took a payment from somebody and then transferred the cash to my local checking account and it has been 10 business days and it hasnt showed up...the guy that paid me said it took a long time for his account to setup as well....also got my 10 dollar referral bonus and then they took that back....

Haven't had a problem transfering out of the account. Always showed up a few days later into my checking account without a glitch.

Their referral program is buggy however. Several referrals didn't get credited at all.

Last week they had a big bug in their system, when many customers (-myself included) accidently got credited for referrals they 'supposedly' haven't made. Those credits were retracted.

Do i have to link it to a checking account to get the 25 $

ok. thanks...I got that glitch email as well even though I was supposed to get the 10 bucks...there isnt any online email for questions just a general email...I will wait a week for my transferred money and try writing a letter with my online statement to see if I can this corrected...

mallickarjunreddy said: Do i have to link it to a checking account to get the 25 $

No.

However, if you wan't to redeem that $25, they will charge you a $2.5 fee for issuing you a check. (Bank trnsfers are free).

sent for a check - they took off 2.50 (i think inboxdollars to does the same.) - anyway - I just received my check.

leenga said: I assume eBay does or will be banning us from using this???
Count on it.

TYTBUDGET

I'd like to warn everyone about inadequate security on RevolutionCard.com. When I first signed up a month ago, I created an account with a password that contains a special character. Just now, I tried to log in and got a error message saying that my password may only contain letters and numbers. Thinking that I simply forgot what password I used, I followed their "Forgot Password" link to rest it. Instead, the website emailed me my current password IN CLEAR TEXT. I called the customer support and told them of my problem logging in and explained that I had a special character in my password. Their answer was that they will fix the problem in 2 business days and afterwords I should try logging in again with the same password, but without the special character.

So, beware, they do not follow the industry's PCI compliance standards. Your password is visible to people working for the company.

1-Is it still true that you cannot send money by debitting the senders credit card?
2-Does not yet work internationally?

slc39 said: I'm guessing you won't be able to send money from credit cards, only bank accounts.

They had an article on Revolution money in USA Today (article here). It's a separate credit card network (like Visa and Mastercard are card networks), but the fees are a lot lower -> 0.5% versus VS/MC's 2.3%. They've got around 100000 merchants signed up, so it's still in it's baby stages, but they've gotten big names like Barnes and Noble, so who knows.

In terms of how they make money --> lower overhead costs to send money to/from bank accounts versus credit cards, interest on the "float" if you leave money in the account, and like kamalktk says, get big enough to be bought out.

nomansland said: $25 bonus extended to Apr 15.
Looks like the new date is May 15.

Last day to get $25 sign-up bonus!

eh82 said: Last day to get $25 sign-up bonus!Still good here.

ANightShopper said: eh82 said: Last day to get $25 sign-up bonus!Still good here.

Read the T&C in your link: "To take advantage of this offer you must register for an account at www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com by May 15, 2008"

Transferred $500 to my bank account on May 06,2008 and yet to get it. I don't think they are doing business in the right way. Customer service is horrible tried calling and was put on hold for 30 minutes e-mailed them with no luck. Still waiting... Again, this is just my personal experience. Does anyone know where can I file a complaint regarding this ?

bharatdotnet said: Transferred $500 to my bank account on May 06,2008 and yet to get it. I don't think they are doing business in the right way. Customer service is horrible tried calling and was put on hold for 30 minutes e-mailed them with no luck. Still waiting... Again, this is just my personal experience. Does anyone know where can I file a complaint regarding this ?

They did the same to me...I sent them a letter and cc'ed my state department of consumer protection and got the money in my local checking accout pronto...

Can you explain it more ?

I tried refering a friend to revolution. I got the $10 fee but my friend didn't get the $25 sign up bonus! Are they on to this or what?

englewood1 said: I tried refering a friend to revolution. I got the $10 fee but my friend didn't get the $25 sign up bonus! Are they on to this or what?

The $25 sign-up bonus expired as of the 15th.

i got a letter in the mail today from rev money ex, they are going to start sending out debit-like cards you can use to get your money from your account, and the sheet came with a fee schedule. and dang the card they are sending out is laden with fees.

Same letter.

How do we close this stupid account?
They don't answer their emails or phone!

Why close it? just DON'T USE THE CARD!!! or if you want to, use the card to buy groceries (fee free), and POSSIBLY get Cash Back at the same time (fee free)... jeez guys, READ the T&C's!!!

No $25 bonus anymore?

is the card a useful way to add ATM card support for online SAVING accounts?

dammit! missed the $25 bonus. they are now offering $10 through yahoo fantasy football:
https://yahoofs.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/fft.htm?mid=mxfyfsf10sdtextlohp

Received the card and the offer $5 for $25 spend up to 3 times. Too bad the store list is very limited. https://www.revolutioncard.com/Website/where_to_use.aspx
ABC Liquors
Abercrombie & Fitch
AutoZone
Barnes& Noble
Belk
BJ's Wholesale Club
Bloomingdale's
Buy.com
Chico's
Circuit City
Claire's Stores
CVS/Pharmacy
David's Bridal
Dollar General
Duane Reade
Family Dollar
Finish Line
General Nutrition Centers
Giant Eagle
Gordon Food Service
Harley Davidson
Hobby Lobby
Hollister Co.
Kohl's Department Stores
Macy's
MAPCO Express
Meijer
Nordstrom
Office Depot
Party City
Pharmacy Express
Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phantoms
Price Less Foods
Rainbow
Ray's Food Place
Rent-A-Center
Ryan's Restaurant
Shipley Energy
Shop Smart
Skechers USA
Stein Mart
Talbots
The Andersons
Thorntons QuickCafe & Market
Tom's Stores
Tractor Supply Company
U-Haul International
Urban Outfitters
Verizon Center (Washington Capitals)
Village Inn
Wachovia Center
Walgreen's
Wilson Farms
WinCo Foods

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014