• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
I got this email today. I thought about starting a new thread about it, but it looked too spammish to do that, so I just tacked it onto this thread. I searched and didn't see anyone mentioning this offer yet, to my surprise (maybe I didn't do a perfect search. If it's already out there-- sorry!). You do need to give your SSN but that's apparently standard for accounts of this nature (according to them, anyway. It also probably prevents people from doing this from multiple email addresses). I did it and the $10 was in my account 2 hours later. I haven't linked it to a bank account yet but that didn't prevent the $10 from getting credited to me.

Get 10 Dollars to Try Revolution MoneyExchange

Dear Friends,

In the holiday spirit, I'd like to send you $10 to try Revolution MoneyExchange.

MoneyExchange offers accountholders an easy and secure way to instantly transfer money online to other accountholders - and the online transfers are free. It's a great alternative to writing and depositing checks or using cash to reimburse a friend for dinner, payback your roommate for this month's utilities, or collect dues.

To get your $10...

... Simply create and log onto your MoneyExchange account at revolutionmoneyexchange.com. (There's no cost to create an account.)

... Click on the "get money" tab, send a request for $10 to jason.hogg@revmoney.com, and I will send the money to your MoneyExchange account. 1

Plus, I invite you to pass this note along to anyone you know who might want $10 too. All they need to do is open a MoneyExchange account and send the request as described above.

I'm only offering this $10 trial promotion through the holidays (up until December 31), so don't hesitate.

Happy Holidays,

Jason Hogg
CEO and Founder, Revolution Money

PS If you would like to read more about Revolution Money, please click here for an article from Computerworld Inc.

Offer is limited to one (1) request for $10 per MoneyExchange account that is received at the e-mail address provided herein by December 31, 2007. Revolution MoneyExchange, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, managers and/or members are not responsible for any technical problems, errors, failures, and delays in network transmission that may result in an invalid e-mail request.

Removal Instructions: If you do not want to receive email of this kind from Revolution Money, please click here.

Please note: This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please click on the link below instead of replying to this message.

This advertisement was sent by RevolutionMoneyExchange.com, P.O. Box 2470, Largo, FL, 33779

My application with bogus SSN was declined--apparently they do verify it.
How lame.

I signed up with revolution a little while back for a deal with Buy.com to get $20 off orders of $50 or more. I only used it twice, it's supposed to be good a 3rd time too.

Revolution did an Equifax pull on my credit when I signed up. My credit is excellent, though there are some moderately high balances (two mortgages and a heloc, two 0% balances of about $25k, and our actively used cards that report about $5k balances). So it's not extreme AOR type usage, but probably high for an average consumer. They gave me a $5k limit.

I will not be abandoning my huge credit card protections and rebates, probably won't use revolution again without more big bribes. But I have no complaints so far. Their web site is decent - still don't have a first statement, but looks like I'll be able to pay that via ach as soon as it's due. No spam to the email account they have for me - not even stuff from them.

I'm not sure the $10 deal is worthwhile, but if they have a bonus offer that looks worth a hard pull, I think you'll be happy if your experience with them is like mine.

I can confirm the above offer, and I got the $10 and there was no hard pull since I didn't sign up for a card.

There was a thread started earlier that went **POOF**

There is a $25 bonus for signing up for the service now.

link

The T & C is as follows:

Terms & Conditions for the $25 Sign Up bonus
$25 sign up bonus is only available for first-time Revolution MoneyExchange accountholders, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Persons who currently have or at any time have had an account with Revolution MoneyExchange are not eligible. Employees that serve in or have a primary function in the payment operations area of Revolution Money Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate. To take advantage of this offer you must register for an account at www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com by February 29, 2008. To become an accountholder, you must complete the account registration and pass the identity verification measures. The $25 bonus will be credited as a pending transaction to your MoneyExchange account within twenty-four hours of your account approval. The Annual Percentage Yield is 0%. To accept the $25 bonus and have it transferred into your MoneyExchange account for immediate use, you must login into your account and accept the $25 bonus within 30 days from the date we notify you of the availability of this bonus at the e-mail address you provided during your account registration. If you fail to accept the bonus within 30 day time period, you agree that any pending bonus will be forfeited and Revolution MoneyExchange shall have no obligation or duty to remit any bonus or compensation to you whatsoever for a forfeited bonus.
NOTE: This offer will be rendered null and void and you agree that you shall automatically forfeit your ability to collect a $25 sign up bonus if you click "request a different amount" when attempting to collect the sign-up bonus or any other attempt made by you in an effort to request or negotiate an amount of money greater thatn the stated $25 bonus from us in connection with this promotion.
Accounts must be in good standing at the time of the $25 credit. All accounts are subject to approval. All accountholders must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. Revolution MoneyExchange Accountholders may not receive $600 or more in compensation in any one calendar year from special promotional programs sponsored by Revolution Money Inc. This cap may affect an Accountholders ability to participate in or earn bonuses or credits from other special promotions sponsored by Revolution Money during the applicable calendar year. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable. Void where prohibited.

1) from https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/: "MoneyExchange allows you to send and receive money online instantly to other MoneyExchange accountholders for free" ... where's the catch? --> Fee schedule is here.
2) ".. and pass the identity verification measures" -- does that include a hard pull? --> Paragraph 14 of Accountholder Agreement says:

"14. Credit Inquiries. You agree that we may make any credit, employment and investigative inquiries as we deem appropriate in connection with the activation, issuance, loading, reloading or review of the Account, whether for fraud, misuse or otherwise. These inquiries may include inquiries to credit reporting agencies and bad check databases."

.. sounds like a hard pull is likely, next question is which CRA do they pull from?

cyberkost said: 1) from https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/: "MoneyExchange allows you to send and receive money online instantly to other MoneyExchange accountholders for free" ... where's the catch? --> Fee schedule is here.
2) ".. and pass the identity verification measures" -- does that include a hard pull? --> Paragraph 14 of Accountholder Agreement says:

"14. Credit Inquiries. You agree that we may make any credit, employment and investigative inquiries as we deem appropriate in connection with the activation, issuance, loading, reloading or review of the Account, whether for fraud, misuse or otherwise. These inquiries may include inquiries to credit reporting agencies and bad check databases."

.. sounds like a hard pull is likely, next question is which CRA do they pull from?

Don't know if it's the same for ME accounts, but their credit card (RevolutionCard) pulled Equifax for me a while back.

I'll sign up when they offer $50.

ahecht said: I can confirm the above offer, and I got the $10 and there was no hard pull since I didn't sign up for a card.

Before the other thread that went poof, someone called CSR at Revolution. For what it's worth, CSR checked and reported no hard pull.

^ good info, thanks! Will probably give them a buzz sometime tomorrow to find out about hard pull (hopefully in more definite terms than their Acountholder Agreement).

I've been calling banks to get the best refi rates, and a couple have run my credit. I heard you have about a week or so to have your credit run as many times but only get counted as one (within that 1-wk timeframe). Anybody know if this is true? So would it be the same if revolut..com were to run my credit? I'd like to make sure before I sign up, don't want to get additional inquiries right now since I'm applying for a loan. Thanks.

The new thread probably went poof since FW doesnt like referrals...I signed up yesterday and confirm no credit pull....

cyberkost said: ^ good info, thanks! Will probably give them a buzz sometime tomorrow to find out about hard pull (hopefully in more definite terms than their Acountholder Agreement).

Two HH members applied -- no hard pull for either.

Just signed up and got my $25 in under 5 minutes.

I'm gonna try and promote them on my next eBay sales.

Nummerkins said: Just signed up and got my $25 in under 5 minutes.

I'm gonna try and promote them on my next eBay sales.
Be ready to have your auction removed by eBay. That's what they did to those who tried to use google checkout.

^^ one does not necessarily have to spell out "Google Checkout" or "Revolution MoneyExchange" in the listing.

From their privacy policy:

PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, including:

* Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, loan companies, securities broker-dealers, and insurance agents;
* Non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers, airlines, and publishers; and
* Others, such as non-profit organizations.

From time to time, we may also tell you about special offers from unrelated companies that we think may interest you.

In order to opt out, you must snail mail a form which requires you to write down your SSN. I wonder if the return, $25.00 - $0.41, outweighs the risk, snail mailing your SSN. I don't think it does. I have snail mailed documents before that included my SSN that were lost and never found. So I don't think it's worth the risk.

cyberkost said: ^^ one does not necessarily have to spell out "Google Checkout" or "Revolution MoneyExchange" in the listing.

Google needs to have Google Auctions, I would switch in a heartbeat! Screw eBay! Price gougers

This was an easy $35 x2 for my wife and I.

DreamKrusher said: This was an east $35 x2 for my wife and I.

Have you successfully linked an external (checking) account and transfered the money out already? I'm not panicking or anything of that kind, but I requested verification deposits on Wednesday and I don't see them posted yet ... all other verification deposits I initiated (granted, a good half of them was initiated from e*trade) were in the destination account within 2 business days ...

I requested verification deposits for my account on Wednesday. They showed up Friday morning. I verified the account and immediately initiated an outward transfer. I expect that the money will be credited to my checking account on Monday or Tuesday.

My guess is that your trial deposits will arrive Monday morning.

Dreamtoday said: cyberkost said: ^^ one does not necessarily have to spell out "Google Checkout" or "Revolution MoneyExchange" in the listing.

Google needs to have Google Auctions, I would switch in a heartbeat! Screw eBay! Price gougers
Google vs eBay will never happen -- eBay is the single largest source of ad revenue at google.

cyberkost said: DreamKrusher said: This was an east $35 x2 for my wife and I.

Have you successfully linked an external (checking) account and transfered the money out already? I'm not panicking or anything of that kind, but I requested verification deposits on Wednesday and I don't see them posted yet ... all other verification deposits I initiated (granted, a good half of them was initiated from e*trade) were in the destination account within 2 business days ...

Yes. The money is alredy transfered out.

As for the trial deposits, the timeline was the same as described by habibbijan.

Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks the revolution site looks close to the new fatwallet beta site?

Awesome, I already got $95 in bonuses and requested a transfer.

I'd love to see some competition for Paypal. $25 dollars for supporting that notion. HECKYEAH!

I find it baffling that people are giving red to free money. Green!

Actually, my last post got me thinking. If 10 people or so sent the same person an e-mail as a potential sign-up "friend" would all 10 people receive the referral bonus? Anyone done this and had it work?

alanmax: Stop spamming your referral BS, that's what gets threads like this closed or moderated.

Carl09: I'm sure once someone refers an email address, it can't be referred again.

Probably the first referral email that the sign-up person replied to would get the bonus.

They have $25 bonus for signups directly through their website.

I did not see that, I apologize then. Maybe in my quick haste to sign-up I did not see that link. Anyways, I got a referral from a FWer and they profited, no harm done. I got my $25 and they got an additional $10.

asdf9876 said: lvnv said: Go to Revolutionmoneyexchange.com. It looks like they are going to take on Paypal. It is free to receive and send money. They are in beta, so sign up to be notified when they go live.

I predict failure simply because the name is too long.

Long live x.com!

I signed up yesterday. It's an easy $25 for a few minutes of time.

czarandy said: Awesome, I already got $95 in bonuses and requested a transfer.

Did you ever get your money withdrawn?

I requested 2 ACH withdraws last Friday and Im sitting here 1 week later and no money. So I call them up and got connected immediately to a friendly, helpful agent. But you know how many times Ive had to call Paypal in the last 8 years? Zero. Anyway from what I can gather because the requested withdraws were made up of bonus money they were put on hold. No one from Revolution Money contacted me about this being a problem. Still dont know if Ill ever see any of it. Agent said he had to email some department and request a release on the funds and from the way he spoke this is pretty common practice. So you can earn all the bonuses you want but good luck actually getting them into real cash.

I cleaned up my Revolution ME account (all bonus money) without much problem. It did take a day longer to show up in my checking account than most other ACH transfers take, but it worked.

I got 45 bux and withdrew bonus money with no problems

Now how did you do that when the site requires you to fork over your SS# to get paid? I'm not going to give anyone my ssn for $25 goddammit and no one else who's going to pay me thru this service will either! It's funny how these companies always shoot themselves in the foot by doing this. These tiny money incentives are not enough for someone to potentially have their lives ruined by fraud. The $25 dollar bonus will end by the end of this money and if they're still asking for ssn numbers after that they might as well file for bankruptcy right now.

I signed up a while back and received my $25, did a few referral, some signed up, but I haven't received the referral fee ($10) yet.
Had a relative try to sign up and they couldn't, Said something like the information couldn't be verified, said they would send her am e-mail saying why. Oh well Guess it might be a hit and miss...

screasey said: I signed up a while back and received my $25, did a few referral, some signed up, but I haven't received the referral fee ($10) yet.
Had a relative try to sign up and they couldn't, Said something like the information couldn't be verified, said they would send her am e-mail saying why. Oh well Guess it might be a hit and miss...

I have gotten paid for every referral I have done, usually it is done very quickly.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014