• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
in. $50 posted right away. thanks op!
will see if it is a soft.

tsalim said: I only got $36
Sep 26, 2007 Account Opening Bonus Net Amt Gross Amt Withholding Tax $14.00, Net Amount $50.00 36.00 36.00

Anyone get this tax too?
You selected that you are subject to backup witholding, which is the reason that ING withheld the tax.

Opened account for my Wife yesterday. Both $50 bonus and initial $250 deposit are showing in the account.

I'm going to try opening the accounts for my two kids this this evening.

cclyde said: alpinewhite said: PoorManDan said: I already have an ING account under my name only - anyone know if I could sign my wife up and get this bonus? Are two individual accounts under one household allowed there?Bonuses are per person. Yes, you can. I did it.

You can also do it with kids (joint). Just put the kid's name first (primary) then yours. I've done it for both of mine.

No luck!

I just tried opening joint account with my child as primary and myself as the secondary applicant.

"The information you have entered for the joint applicant is already active in our system.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please resubmit an application or call an ING DIRECT associate at 1-888-ING-0727 ."

No luck!

I just tried opening joint account with my child as primary and myself as the secondary applicant.

"The information you have entered for the joint applicant is already active in our system.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please resubmit an application or call an ING DIRECT associate at 1-888-ING-0727 ."

What you have to do is put your ING customer number in where it asks instead of filling out the information on yourself from scratch. I got the same message then I entered my customer number and it went through just fine. It doesn't matter if you are already a customer because the primary owner is the one getting the bonus. Once you do this it takes you to the next page where it even states that $50 will be credited to the account.

Is this a soft or hard pull? No one has really given a 100% concrete answer. Also how long do you have to wait before you can close this without a penalty? Can you fund directly from Paypal or does it have to be a checking account?

unimatrixzer0 said: Is this a soft or hard pull? No one has really given a 100% concrete answer. Also how long do you have to wait before you can close this without a penalty? Can you fund directly from Paypal or does it have to be a checking account?I funded it from my Flooz account.

Went to http://www.ingdirect.com/nyt/ and entered NY3 in the text box for "Enter your reference code here" and clicked on "Open Now".

The next screen shows the following error.

We're sorry, but the referral link within the email you received has expired and is no longer valid. We recommend that you contact the sender and ask them to re-send the referral email. Or click 'Continue' to proceed with the application process without the account opening bonus.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit : Same probem from home as well as my work computer
Edit : Firefox seems to be working ok.

unimatrixzer0 said: Is this a soft or hard pull? No one has really given a 100% concrete answer. Also how long do you have to wait before you can close this without a penalty? Can you fund directly from Paypal or does it have to be a checking account?
I would also like to know how long until I can pull all the money out. I'm sure it was somewhere in the disclosures but I don't recall seeing it....Anyone?

No, it does not stack. Just tried...

referal bonus and ny3 does not stack.

I refered my wife. then opened up her referal email. then clicked on it once. then closed browser. then opened the nyt link and entered code ny3. but it only showed $25 bonus on the next couple pages. I had to remove cookies and redo the process with the nyt link. I completed it and the $50 bonus showed up.

Worked without issue using Firefox and the $50 bonus showed up right away as expected. Thanks!

Thanks, in for one!

I am not sure how people were able to make thier kids as primary. If I enter my kid's information on the first step and click on Continue, I get the following error.

"This application cannot continue. To set up an Orange Savings Account you must either be over 18 years of age, or sign up for a joint account with an applicant who is over 18 years of age.

If you would like to change the set up of your account please click the back button below. "

Can people who have really done this throw some light? Did you provide an incorrect DOB for your kids which make them older than 18?

cclyde said: alpinewhite said: PoorManDan said: I already have an ING account under my name only - anyone know if I could sign my wife up and get this bonus? Are two individual accounts under one household allowed there?Bonuses are per person. Yes, you can. I did it.

You can also do it with kids (joint). Just put the kid's name first (primary) then yours. I've done it for both of mine.

mladyd said:
What you have to do is put your ING customer number in where it asks instead of filling out the information on yourself from scratch. I got the same message then I entered my customer number and it went through just fine. It doesn't matter if you are already a customer because the primary owner is the one getting the bonus. Once you do this it takes you to the next page where it even states that $50 will be credited to the account.

where do you input your customer number?

I too want to know...where do you input your customer number?

KeNDoGG said: mladyd said:

where do you input your customer number?

IWILLGETTHISDEAL said: I am not sure how people were able to make thier kids as primary. If I enter my kid's information on the first step and click on Continue, I get the following error.

"This application cannot continue. To set up an Orange Savings Account you must either be over 18 years of age, or sign up for a joint account with an applicant who is over 18 years of age.

If you would like to change the set up of your account please click the back button below. "

Can people who have really done this throw some light? Did you provide an incorrect DOB for your kids which make them older than 18?

i get the exact same message and have the same problem when trying to open a joint account with my child. the application does not allow me to open a joint account if i list my child as the primary owner - it shows the above message and will not allow me to go on and add myself as a secondary owner. perhaps ing changed the application process when it comes to opening joint accounts with children as primary owners? how did the process work for those who succeeded?

I completed the first page by selecting joint account (use the drop down menu...it's easy to overlook) with my 17 year old son as primary using his (real) DOB and SSN and my email addy, the same one I use for my own account. This might be important, I don't know. The next page was for the joint applicant(me) and the very first section asks for a member number. The rest of the page was for filling in NEW joint owner info such as name, address, etc. First I skipped the member number and just entered my info which led to the "already in system" message. So I went back and entered my number and it worked. I also used the same checking account info as I did with my own ING account. It automatically linked the new one with my current one so when I log on using my number and password I see both now. The $50 bonus is in there even thought the initial deposit won't be made until today. Without knowing exactly what everyone else is seeing/doing I can't really provide any more help than that. Good luck everyone

Also, if you can't get to the $50 bonus deal try using a different browser or clearing you cache.

Just opened an account and $50 bonus showed up immediately. Thanks OP!

thank you, mladyd, for the detailed account.

i did previously select "joint account" from the drop down, filled in my daughter's authentic information, this time i tried to use the same email address i use with my own account, but still to no avail. i use firefox.

for some reason, after entering my daughter's information on the first page exactly as you describe, instead of going to a second page where i can enter my own information as the secondary account holder, i am still getting the message:

it doesn't make any sense, because i have already selected "joint account", yet don't get the opportunity to enter the secondary owner info. this would have been a nice bonus for my daughter.

but thank you for the detailed info!

Can Netbank account holders get this bonus?

mladyd said: No luck!

Thanks mladyd!

That did the trick. Got another $50 for each of my kids.

Haven't looked at FWF recently very much, but I'm glad I did tonight. I just made $100. Thanks OP.

mladyd said: I completed the first page by selecting joint account (use the drop down menu...it's easy to overlook) with my 17 year old son as primary using his (real) DOB and SSN and my email addy, the same one I use for my own account. This might be important, I don't know. The next page was for the joint applicant(me) and the very first section asks for a member number. The rest of the page was for filling in NEW joint owner info such as name, address, etc. First I skipped the member number and just entered my info which led to the "already in system" message. So I went back and entered my number and it worked. I also used the same checking account info as I did with my own ING account. It automatically linked the new one with my current one so when I log on using my number and password I see both now. The $50 bonus is in there even thought the initial deposit won't be made until today. Without knowing exactly what everyone else is seeing/doing I can't really provide any more help than that. Good luck everyone

Also, if you can't get to the $50 bonus deal try using a different browser or clearing you cache.

Thanks mladyd! I was able to do this for my 2 year old son without issue. $50 was credited immediately.

thanks OP $50 free is a great deal!

brushwood said: Can Netbank account holders get this bonus?

I wasn't sure so I just opened an account

As soon as I heard Netbank was taken over and accounts (including mine) sold to ING my immediate thought was to check Fatwallet Finance to see what sign-up bonuses were available and whether or not I could still get one.

Thanks to Fatwallet and everyone posting here, I am $50 richer as a result of my bank's demise! Bye bye Netbank!
[edited to delete Netbank/ING question to avoid off-topic discussion, will post elsewhere]

rarmortn said: referal bonus and ny3 does not stack.

I refered my wife. then opened up her referal email. then clicked on it once. then closed browser. then opened the nyt link and entered code ny3. but it only showed $25 bonus on the next couple pages. I had to remove cookies and redo the process with the nyt link. I completed it and the $50 bonus showed up.

I found orange-color enclosure in NYTimes, that has its individual code and expires 11/30/2007! Can this variety of $50bonus opening (via post-office) stack with $25 referral bonus??? (I understand from your replies, that on-line application doesn't stack with referral bonus)

Just signed up new accounts for both my wife and I... $100 free money, thanks OP!

Hello, I have one ING account already, but since people saying it dosen't matter, I opened another yesterday with this NY3 code. Of cause after input the NY3 code, I followed their suggestion for existing customer and opend through view my account link on that page.

But till now, there still has no $50 been credit into my account.

So, I called them, the rp said $50 only will be credit after 30 days, even didn't bother to investigate my case.

Isn't this strange?

I dont see how this is a great deal?I am comparing this to Citi Ultimate saving opening bonus of $100 per account. I understand that you can this 50 bucks immediately but I got my 100 dollar from Citi in 30 days of opening the account. Also citi gives 4.75% rather than ING's 4.30%. In addition, Citi sent me an ATM card, so I can withdraw money from my account anytime in seconds fee free.(assuming you live in a place with Citi ATMs) Maybe you guys have already got Citi bonus and doing this? I dont know..

thanks, just got my $50.00. think i can retire just opening new accts!

turkey79 said: I dont see how this is a great deal?I am comparing this to Citi Ultimate saving opening bonus of $100 per account. I understand that you can this 50 bucks immediately but I got my 100 dollar from Citi in 30 days of opening the account. Also citi gives 4.75% rather than ING's 4.30%. In addition, Citi sent me an ATM card, so I can withdraw money from my account anytime in seconds fee free.(assuming you live in a place with Citi ATMs) Maybe you guys have already got Citi bonus and doing this? I dont know..

Obv. it's always great to get $50 free for depositing $250. Any bonus like this regardless of whether someone has done another bonus is still an excellent find. People aren't necessarily using ING for all of their savings, because as you stated there are higher yields available, but that does not take away from the value of a $50 bonus on a $250 deposit. I wish ING would let me do that 1000 times.

today is Sep 30th, Is it late to jump on the deal? what does "by 9/30/07" means?
Can I get the bonus if I apply today?

Thanks.

flemns said: today is Sep 30th, Is it late to jump on the deal? what does "by 9/30/07" means?

Thanks.

It is not too late, I just opened my account at 11 am today the 30th. Logged in right after setting up my account and my free $50 is in there.

Thanks OP.

Thanks OP, easy $50 - taxes.

Can anyone confirm, is this a hard or soft pull?

thanks, I am in.

TheHill06 said: flemns said: today is Sep 30th, Is it late to jump on the deal? what does "by 9/30/07" means?

Thanks.

It is not too late, I just opened my account at 11 am today the 30th. Logged in right after setting up my account and my free $50 is in there.

Thanks OP.

From talking to a representative they have extended the deal a few days.

To play it safe you may be able to start the process and get a customer number now and then save.

I had a complicated situation where as an ex-customer (account closed for inactivty) they would not let me enter data for a new bank account (as a source of fundsing) but insisted I use the old ones for a joint account with my son (but the confirmed ones did not hve $250 in them). He ofered to get the customer number for my son (and noted the account). The process will be completed when I have put enough mooney in my linked accounts so they could do the transfer (and then the bank I keep most of my funds in can be linked to the new account).

so what is the expiring date now? a few day after 9/30/2007 or 11/30/2007?

is this dead or no?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014