• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
I'm no genius but I'm guessing as long as you can access the link in the OP and the password is accepted and the application page says they will give you $50...it's not DEAD. But what do I know.

I just signed up for an account at around 11:20PM PT and the $50 did not post to my account yet...uhoh

Never mind. $50 just showed up now.

Man, I think I missed out on this one AND the Citi one. Bad, bad, bad.

Thanks for posting, OP. Sounds like a lot of people cashed in on it.

Just signed up.

$50 credited instantly.

Signed up around 8pm Eastern time, Oct 1. Got the $50 bonus in a few minutes.

My main gripe is that I can't (yet) figure out how to login with Roboform, because of the random-letters virtual keypad. It's almost as if they designed it to thwart Roboform. But I guess it doesn't really matter, if they're not going to give good enough interest rates to make it worth ever depositing more than the initial $250.

I signed up too and got my bonus. I guess I didn't miss out on this bonus. SWEET!

Thanks again, OP.

Its OFF guys, I just checked, as soon as you click "Open Now", it says about $25, no more $50.

yelekeri said: Its OFF guys, I just checked, as soon as you click "Open Now", it says about $25, no more $50.

Still shows as $50 for me.

I just opened an account, and it shows $50 already. Thanks op!

Is it not expired?

Link and code are still working as of 11:00pm pacific time tonight 10/1/2007. 5 minutes to sign up and there is $50 in my new account. Thanks OP, even lazy people get $50 in free money

I signed up a little after midnight, got the $50 also

thanks I just signed up for my wife 10/2/07 and she gets $50 also...... thanks FWers for the posted on 10/1/07.

Still going as of 10:26 a.m. Eastern time. $50 bonus was credited immediately. Thanks FW!

dead. damn. lunchtime fw'ers lose out =)

how soon can i pull out the money?

I am going to do it but how long will my $250 have to stay in this account?

thanks

I don't understand why the title was changed. Is there a way to get the extra $25 referral bonus? I read the whole thread and didn't see a way to successfully do it. Did I miss something?

Wow, I shouldn't have waited the extra day to sign up my girlfriend. $50... gone...

The link doesn't work anymore.

I'm dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Well, if anyone can find or figure out the reference code, there is a new page up for the same deal:

http://www.ingdirect.com/nytimes
(sorry I'd link, but I can't use the built-in scripts)

just go here it still works https://banking2.ingdirect.com/savings/referral.vm?function=nyt&HidePromoInfo=false&hascoupon=true&coupon=ny3

if it works when you click go it says Start saving with a great rate. To receive your $50 bonus, open and fund your Orange Savings Account with at least a $250 initial deposit.

at the top

I got this error message for my daughter's application:
The information you have entered for the Primary applicant is already active in our system.
She is listed under my accounts as a joint but not primary. Does this mean no $50??

I think the stipulation is that the primary account holder must be a new customer to ING, not just never having been a primary before.

moneymama said: I got this error message for my daughter's application:
The information you have entered for the Primary applicant is already active in our system.
She is listed under my accounts as a joint but not primary. Does this mean no $50??

I guess so. I too got the same message when I tried to add my daughter under my name and my wife's name... Sucks...

ArbolLoco said: unimatrixzer0 said: Is this a soft or hard pull? No one has really given a 100% concrete answer. Also how long do you have to wait before you can close this without a penalty? Can you fund directly from Paypal or does it have to be a checking account?I funded it from my Flooz account.

You definitely gotta be a senior member to get that joke.

code no longer working today. Thanks anyway

moneymama said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess so. I too got the same message when I tried to add my daughter under my name and my wife's name... Sucks...

I was able to do this with my kid by doing joint and then filling in her information. Then just put in my ING number. When it got to the banking information it was from my account so I made sure that the button next to my name was checked. No problem and got $150 off of this deal...green for OP.

xelint said: moneymama said:

I was able to do this with my kid by doing joint and then filling in her information. Then just put in my ING number. When it got to the banking information it was from my account so I made sure that the button next to my name was checked. No problem and got $150 off of this deal...green for OP.

Do you already have an account with the child as a joint on your account?
I think that's why I'm having the problem.

Yes, I set myself up first and then got the account number to use when I then signed up my kid and wife. I did need to wait for the ING deposits to show up in my account first because I used the same account to fund all 3 accounts.

Can someone PM me a Reference Code if they have it and will not be using the same.

Thanks in Advance!!

PM me if you need a reference!

SinglePapa said:
I congratulate everyone replying how quick it was to just open "for $50". Still, has anyone made an effort to "think outside the box" and figure out how to open "for $75", i.e. how to combine the NY Times leaflet application + $25 referral bonus? Then spin it around the family for the total of, like, $300 bonus???

No these coupon do not stack. I tried, got only $25. Had to call CRS to get $50 instead.

savingsince1986 said: just go here it still works https://banking2.ingdirect.com/savings/referral.vm?function=nyt&HidePromoInfo=false&hascoupon=true&coupon=ny3

if it works when you click go it says Start saving with a great rate. To receive your $50 bonus, open and fund your Orange Savings Account with at least a $250 initial deposit. at the top

I get "Unfortunately, you have entered an invalid reference code. Please verify that you did not include any spaces while entering your reference code. Also, confirm the 6th character is "/" "

Hey, any chance somebody could get me one or two reference codes or this?

hey DMK can u also PM me a referral code please !!!!

I don't think that permotion is still going on I have codes that you get $25 for depositing $250. PM me if you want them

if anyone can pls PM me a referral code.. i will be very grateful.. i will use the 1st referral code i get.

the early bird catches the worm.

also i will be depositing more than $250 so u will definately get your bonus as well

i already got a code... some PM'd me a referral a while ago...

thankx everyone...

Anyone can PM me a referral code? I will use the 1st one, thanks.

any chance somebody could PM me one referral code?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014