• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link:
http://www.ingdirect.com/nyt/
Bonus code: NY3, expired 9/30/07; this code worked a couple of days past deadline.
Now link: http://www.ingdirect.com/nytimes
Bonus code (long, individual variety) to be found near bottom right NY Times enclosure

Update: I found orange-color enclosure in NYTimes, that has its individual long code at the bottom, expiring 11/30/2007! Can this variety of account opening (via post-office mail-in) stack with $25 referral??? (I understand from posts below that on-line application with the-now-expired-code didn't stack on top of referral bonus)

I congratulate everyone replying how quick it was to just open "for $50". Still, has anyone made an effort to "think outside the box" and figure out how to open "for $75", i.e. how to combine the NY Times leaflet application + $25 referral bonus? Then spin it around the family for the total of, like, $300 bonus???

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Or you can simply PM one of the many FW posters(Like me) who can send referal links for the $25.00 bonus!

Savemeister (Jun. 04, 2008 @ 7:42a) |

I can also send $25 bonus codes to anyone who needs one.

2tiger (Jun. 04, 2008 @ 8:05a) |

wow .. now we have many people ready to refer others , great deed indeed. OK, PM me if you need ing help!

prastogi (Jun. 04, 2008 @ 1:34p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!! The $50 bonus posts right away.... even before the initial deposit of $250. Very easy!

Is there a hard pull for opening this account?

I already have an ING account under my name only - anyone know if I could sign my wife up and get this bonus? Are two individual accounts under one household allowed there?

JuNooNi said: Is there a hard pull for opening this account?

Customer service told me "no credit check of any sort" when I opened my account 3 months ago. But CS has been wrong before. (I haven't checked my credit lately to verify that no hard pull was done).

PoorManDan said: I already have an ING account under my name only - anyone know if I could sign my wife up and get this bonus? Are two individual accounts under one household allowed there?Bonuses are per person. Yes, you can. I did it.

Thanks OP! Seems like maybe people are pulling money out in droves from ING since they dropped their savings account rate so quickly last week.

Nice little bonus. Thanks

In for a quick $50 too. Appears this offer code earns you $15 more than the regular referral incentive which is $25 for referred person, and $10 for self. Easy money, but 1099'd. Nice find to start my morning, thanks!

Can you deposit using a credit card? Can anyone confirm/deny a hard pull?

Thanks!

Fine print
"The $50 bonus is available only for new accounts with a new Customer as primary owner. Only one bonus will be provided per household. Bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, but is unavailable for withdrawal for 30 days. "

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but can I fund this directly from my HSBC account?

I have a ING account but I am not the primary holder. When I tried to apply one for myself, I was told my info is already in the system, and couldn't go thru.

Hard Pull Anyone? Just want to know because I am about to do an Ap-O-Rama but I am waiting until the beginning of next month.

jolapo said: I have a ING account but I am not the primary holder. When I tried to apply one for myself, I was told my info is already in the system, and couldn't go thru.

I received the same message...but worked for wife at same address.

I wonder if I closed my Ing account today and tried again in a few days.

made quick 20% ROI today !!! thanks op

Been meaning to open an ING account anyways, great offer... thanks op.

Hello, did anyone try to use the code and recieve any confrimation about the $50 bonus? I tried to open an account online through http://www.ingdirect.com/nyt/ After I entered the code: NY3 and clicked continue, I received this message:

"We're sorry, but the referral link within the email you received has expired and is no longer valid. We recommend that you contact the sender and ask them to re-send the referral email. Or click 'Continue' to proceed with the application process without the account opening bonus. "

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

hkguyatus said: Hello, did anyone try to use the code and recieve any confrimation about the $50 bonus? I tried to open an account online through http://www.ingdirect.com/nyt/ After I entered the code: NY3 and clicked continue, I received this message:

"We're sorry, but the referral link within the email you received has expired and is no longer valid. We recommend that you contact the sender and ask them to re-send the referral email. Or click 'Continue' to proceed with the application process without the account opening bonus. "

working fine for me, I tried just now.

and the $50 showed up in my account immediately.

Worked fine for me! Thanks - easy $50.00! I'm going to use this to tattoo "FAT WALLET ROCKS" down my forearms!!!!!

Worked for me tooo!!
Thanks!!

Thanks!

I only got $36
Sep 26, 2007 Account Opening Bonus Net Amt Gross Amt Withholding Tax $14.00, Net Amount $50.00 36.00 36.00

Anyone get this tax too?

tsalim said: I only got $36
Sep 26, 2007 Account Opening Bonus Net Amt Gross Amt Withholding Tax $14.00, Net Amount $50.00 36.00 36.00

Anyone get this tax too?
lol I think you clicked the box by accident that says that you're in trouble with the IRS so they have to withhold 28%.

hkguyatus said: Hello, did anyone try to use the code and recieve any confrimation about the $50 bonus? I tried to open an account online through http://www.ingdirect.com/nyt/ After I entered the code: NY3 and clicked continue, I received this message:

make sure you do not have space before the code . It didn't work for me but when I remove space, it accepted the code.

Did the $50 bonus show up before or after the trial deposits?

Update: I called ING and they manually added the bonus.

How quick is their ACH feature? I'm looking for something to move my FNBO funds.

pfunk said: Did the $50 bonus show up before or after the trial deposits?showed up immediately for me. anyone else have another experience.

"Congratulations! Your Orange Savings Account is open and your bonus will be credited"

but when I login, I saw 0 banlance. no $50 bouns. am I unlucky?

youzi said: "Congratulations! Your Orange Savings Account is open and your bonus will be credited"

but when I login, I saw 0 banlance. no $50 bouns. am I unlucky?

I got the same message, so you're not alone. Bonus will be credited, but not showing up yet.

*crosses fingers

UPDATE: My $50 bonus arrived this morning. Yay!

Opening this account will result in a soft pull according to this FW thread.. No hard pull for opening Orange Savings account. ymmv.

Sidenote: I had one of these accounts a while back and tried to use it to scoop up even more scratch by way of linking all manner of accounts and collecting the small verification deposits. Trial deposits were sent from Etrade and the like, but ING ignores any link attempts from brokerages etc. You can only link up to 3 regular checking accounts, and not brokerage checking. Signed the wife up nonetheless.

One of my goals for 2007 was to start a savings account...can you beleive that I only ever had a checking, I know, it's stupid...but ANYWAYS. Thanks OP great way to complete a goal, AND make $50 while doing it. GREEN for you!

Are there any fees or a minimum balance requirement associated with this account?

good finding I will try may be later today

hey really, still no one so much as ventured a guess:

can this be combined with $25 referral ?

alpinewhite said: PoorManDan said: I already have an ING account under my name only - anyone know if I could sign my wife up and get this bonus? Are two individual accounts under one household allowed there?Bonuses are per person. Yes, you can. I did it.

You can also do it with kids (joint). Just put the kid's name first (primary) then yours. I've done it for both of mine.

you mean you scored 3x$50=$150 in bonuses all within same hour?

The url isn't working...help.

tsalim said: I only got $36

Anyone get this tax too?

Thats awesome

Skipping 110 Messages...
wow .. now we have many people ready to refer others , great deed indeed. OK, PM me if you need ing help!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.