• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Pickup a "MOVING PACKET" from your local U.S. Post Office. Inside there is coupon for $100 for opening a new Chase Free checking account.

Find your local post office link

THIS OFFER REQUIRES THE UNIQUE 16 digit COPUPON CODE NUMBER TO RECEIVE THE BONUS

Chase Free Checking account is free with direct deposit (or monthly ACH push). (I push $10 to my chase accounts monthly and avoid fees)

According to the coupon, the account can be opened on-line link or at a local branch.

$100 opening deposit needed to qualify for bonus. Bonus is paid 10 days after account opening. Account must stay open for 6 months or bonus will be debited from your account at time of closing.

Offer is good til 1/31/08.

Strategy:

#1. Get two coupons: Use one now and save one to use in January. Chase allows one bonus/customer/ calendar year.

#2. Get four coupons: $200 now and $200 later (Jan 08). Open one for your spouse and one for yourself. Repeat in January.

For another $25, get a referral. There are many posts of FWs with Chase Referral coupons. These do stack if you open at a branch. I do not know if they stack on-line.

Last Chase Post Office offer here (expired):

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You may try the following four referring codes which will expire 02/04/2009.

335903106142... (more)

elinda (Dec. 30, 2008 @ 7:31p) |

You may try the following four referring codes which will expire 02/04/2009.

335903106142... (more)

elinda (Dec. 30, 2008 @ 7:32p) |

Opened one account and didn't notice the $100 minimum deposit. Put in $25 and called the same day 3 times trying to chan... (more)

MrArfArf (Jan. 03, 2009 @ 1:23p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is the code working online? no branch here.

can someone email a code for online? 3x

What is ACH push? How do I do it? By wire each month? or just electric transfer?

FYI: You might get a coupon for $125 checking bonus with your chase CC statement. Same requirements to get the bonus($100 min to open, DD required, keep open for 6 month).

cleverstar said: What is ACH push? How do I do it? By wire each month? or just electric transfer?

read the thread that OP linked about the Last Chase Post Office offer....

I have 0 $25 referal codes left if anyone needs one. This can be stacked on top of the $100 bonus if you sign up at a branch. PM me or e-mail dust12@hotmail.com if interested.

Can someone send me two codes for my bride and I. No branch offices here.

thank you very much.

ingy104

ingy104 said: Can someone send me two codes for my bride and I. No branch offices here.

thank you very much.

ingy104

me too..please pm me the code. thanks

me 3! Thanks!

Thanks OP

can someone pm me the code. Thanks.

Can someone email me coupon for $100 for opening account at branch. Thanks.

Hi

Please PM me the code as well..

Thanks in advance!

can someone send me two codes for my wife and I. No branch offices here.

thanks

brasili

No branch offices here either. I'd appreciate two codes for my husband and me.
Thanks!

marisand

I have some coupon (125+25) for only branch usage.

if you need it, please PM me.

thanks.

Please PM me the code and oblige.

Thanks.

Jaydeep

Could you send me the code?

Thanks
Hongda

None of you have USPS offices in your area? Bunch of lazy liars you are.

ingy104 said: Can someone send me two codes for my bride and I. No branch offices here.

thank you very much.

ingy104

brasili said: can someone send me two codes for my wife and I. No branch offices here.

thanks

brasili

Marisand said: No branch offices here either. I'd appreciate two codes for my husband and me.
Thanks!

marisand

Here's a link to locate your local post office: find your local post office

Thanks OP. I'll give this a shot today, I'll pick up 3 extra packets for whoever wants em.

I went and picked up 2 moving packets at my local PO yesterday. One had an offer from Chase for $75 that you could do online or in branch. Bonus in 10 days, DD is only required to avoid a monthly fee. I went to sign up online and noticed this note under the check card section:

Note: You will receive statements by mail, but no cleared checks or check images. This is a FREE service. Your first box of checks will be ordered for you. They will arrive 7-10 business days after your account has been processed. Your account will be charged $22.95.

Don't really want to pay $23 for checks...I've done 2 of these bonuses in the past and never received or was charged for checks. Anybody have experience with this?

The other packet had a $100 offer, no online sign up, To qualify for the bonus you must open a new checking account and initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, pension or social security. Bonus will be deposited 6 weeks after initial DD. My wife also received this exact same one with her CC bill.

Anybody know if an ACH push works with the $100 offer? and does it really take 6 weeks?

Thanks.

amr5150,

What are the expiration dates on the offers?

The mail packets with the $100 offer at my post office (14424) are showing 1/31/08.

I have read other posts Here regarding checks being automaticially ordered.

It was also reported in this thread "I read on another forum this could be fixed if you called them to stop shipping checks immediately after they have posted the charges to your account and ask them to reverse charges."

However I do not have personal experience with this as I have opened all of my accounts at the branch.

I have always used monthly ACH push as DD to avoid monthly service charge wtih Chase.

DreamKrusher said: amr5150,

What are the expiration dates on the offers?

The mail packets with the $100 offer at my post office (14424) are showing 1/31/08.

I have read other posts Here regarding checks being automaticially ordered.

It was also reported in this thread "I read on another forum this could be fixed if you called them to stop shipping checks immediately after they have posted the charges to your account and ask them to reverse charges."

However I do not have personal experience with this as I have opened all of my accounts at the branch.

I have always used monthly ACH push as DD to avoid monthly service charge wtih Chase.

1/31/08 on the two from the post office and 10/31/07 on the one my wife received in her CC bill. I too used ACH push on 2 previous bonuses, 1 for $100 from fall '06 and 1 for $75 from 1/07. Neither of those used the payroll, pension or social security language though.

I have 5 $25 referral code and $100 for branch only.
PM me if you need them.

c0ach26 said: I have 5 $25 referral code and $100 for branch only.
PM me if you need them.

When you PM me please include your email addr so I can send you the pdf file.

DreamKrusher said: #2. Get four coupons: $200 now and $200 later (Jan 08). Open one for your spouse and one for yourself. Rinse and repeat in January.

Picked up some coupons at the PO today which say Checking account must remain open for six months or the bonus will be debited from the account at closing. So, YMMV on the R&R by 1/31. Thanks for the heads-up on the offer OP!

So I picked up four moving kits. Each coupon had an expiration date of 1/31/08. Each coupon had the same code! And, this code comes up as expired / already used in the system...

Anyone else have a problem?

I misread! I can get them at my post office! Thanks.

parmenides said: So I picked up four moving kits. Each coupon had an expiration date of 1/31/08. Each coupon had the same code! And, this code comes up as expired / already used in the system...

Anyone else have a problem?

My codes are the same as well. I haven't input them yet but I imagine it will be the same result.

I cannot access the page even because it appears the checking link is down. If i use the OP's link or manually click on the checking link on chase.com it throws an error. Must be updating or something.

My guess is that these codes will only work if you go to B&M. Especially if they are all the same.

Has anyone called them yet? I want to call them, but I don't want a flood of calls over this to hit their system.

Branch Locator

parmenides said: DreamKrusher said: #2. Get four coupons: $200 now and $200 later (Jan 08). Open one for your spouse and one for yourself. Rinse and repeat in January.

Picked up some coupons at the PO today which say Checking account must remain open for six months or the bonus will be debited from the account at closing. So, YMMV on the R&R by 1/31. Thanks for the heads-up on the offer OP!

I have multiple checking accounts with Chase. I have opend new Chase free checking accounts both in 2007 and 2006, receiving a bonus each time. Same goes for my wife. Chase does not limit the bonus based on the number of existing accounts you have.

I'd appreciate a code if anyone has extra.

As for it being available in the PO moving kits, I think it's a regional thing. I check the packets every month and the contents are usually the same, $75 BoA coupon but never any Chase coupons. Funny thing is though we have a bunch of Chase branches but the only one BoA branch and it's 50miles away.

I checked out my local PO and they still only have the 75 dollar codes....I am not in area with a BandM location, so I suspect if I checked out Madison or Milwaukee, they might have the 100 coupon....I went to a BandM last year but obviously would rather go online Good to hear about some not getting charged for checks as it looked like a complaint in another thread...

Attention firefox users: don't use Chase.com w/ Firefox, that's why I couldn't get in earlier.

My coupon codes are the same and are being reported as "already used". I'm located in DC. Maybe I'll try calling in tomorrow.

What is "monthly ACH"?

lray said: None of you have USPS offices in your area? Bunch of lazy liars you are.

thank you very much.

ingy104

I RESENT THE POST CALLING SOME OF US LAZY. I read it to mean local CHASE branch. Chill out Senior Members.

Marisand said: No branch offices here either. I'd appreciate two codes for my husband and me.
Thanks!

marisand

seifkhaled said: What is "monthly ACH"?
ACH refers to the electronic transfer of money. Check out investopedia.com in the future for an investment dictionary that contains items such as this.

Skipping 147 Messages...
Opened one account and didn't notice the $100 minimum deposit. Put in $25 and called the same day 3 times trying to change it. No luck, CSR in Retention told me to close the account and reapply in January. Account closed yesterday (got $25 fee waived . Tried applying for the SAME Free checking account I just closed, got a denial letter (pdf) from Chase citing a problem from TransUnion's point of view as the reason they said No. lol. I'm wondering if anyone knows
1. if this is probobly just due to Chase not liking me opening, closeing, opening accounts in just a few weeks.
2. TransUnion really does has some record of non-credit accounts?
3. ChexSystem. I could see how this could show up negatively on a system like this. I've never had a problem before when opening checking accounts for bonuses, etc. I hope I am not flagged as a "demon customer", would this normally happen from what I described? Anyone have an experience like this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014