• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Recently I moved. When I logged in to my national city credit card account my address has changed to new one. I remember , i have not change my address. How did that happen? I have done address change with USPS and opend new bank account with Band of america.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nottingham said: I have done address change with USPSexactly

oh didn't you know that there is GPS embedded into your credit cards

wiredspider said: oh didn't you know that there is GPS embedded into your credit cards

Don't be absurd. It is simple wiretapping.

Now you know how powerful the postal service is.

I am curious to know. Does that mean if i change my address with USPS it will change my address for all credit card ? Appreciate if some one explain in detail. Thanks

Though some of the responses to bizarre questions do lean towards "postal," I suggest asking a USPS employee who would be more than happy to educate you on the nuances of your issue.

there is a national address registry that the CC companys use

if you look at the outside of your billing statement you will likely see the phrase 'address service requested'. When the USPS has a change address order and forwards the letter with that on it it sends a postcard to the requester. It cost 70 cents back when I still had occasion to track down deadbeat tenants.

Some issuers will change, some won't, some will change some accounts and not others.

I recently moved, but we did not sell the old house, we are renting it out. Most of the down payment on the new place was from a HELOC on the old house. I checked its terms carefully and there was no requirement that we continue primary residence or only spend the money on that house. But just to avoid excitement, I tried to keep the change hidden from that lender. I switched to online only statements.

But they must have sent some snail mail to the old address - or maybe did a soft pull on a credit report (it's only been a couple months, but everything else is updated with the new address). They don't seem concerned with the change, just standard "We've updated your address" letters like everyone else sent so far. But the loan balance is still pretty big, it will be a hassle if I need to pay it off in a hurry. It's got a great promo rate for a few more months, and we plan to gradually pay it off by then.

I'm pretty sure we're not doing anything against the heloc terms, so I'm still optimistic that there won't be any problem. But it looks like it would be very difficult to keep a change of address undetected by a lender unless you go all out (don't file with usps, don't update with any other accounts).

nottingham said: How did that happen? I have done address change with USPS and opend new bank account with Band of america.Someone spread the word about your new address at band camp, eventually the other banks heard about it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014