• Text Only
Double Dipped on 3 more malls today, Did the 495/270 loop and that got me $1100 in cards so far.

I think I have enough of a Credit Line to possibly hit 3 more malls tomorrow. Unless some more of my returns show up on my account, I won't be able to get to 1500.

How was your Saturday VK?

For everyone that is double dipping, I was told the information is sent to Discover every night and anything over the initial $100 in GC is charged to your credit card, so there is no gain...

Porsche576 said: For everyone that is double dipping, I was told the information is sent to Discover every night and anything over the initial $100 in GC is charged to your credit card, so there is no gain...

This is the first time in 13 pages this year and all the pages of previous years on this topic that this has been mentioned, verification plz.

Porsche576 said: For everyone that is double dipping, I was told the information is sent to Discover every night and anything over the initial $100 in GC is charged to your credit card, so there is no gain...

I heard the gift cards contain anthrax... stay away. At least that's what my third cousin's boyfriend's uncle's cousin (once removed) said, and he lives next door to a guy who's son did an internship at Discover last year.

My girl came to town this weekend, so I had to choose between getting more giftcards, or having sex. Since she wouldn't allow me to double dip, I chose the sex.

You should have taken her along for the ride and gotten some road h3@d

Thats what a true fatwalleter would have done, two birds with one stone.

My experience on Dec. 30 - they didn't even have a computer to enter the cards. Got a total of 10 GCs for 2 different Discover cards. The guy checked to see that I had the Discover cards matching the receipts and then he just wrote my last name on a ledger sheet and asked me to sign it. That was it. I can't figure out how they can track that!

Now that it is wrapped curiousity is killing me. I *know* some of you really worked this promo. Just curious what the total amount is that any one person/family scored.

If you don't feel comfortable posting here but want to pm me and I can post for you and keep you anonymous.

And no, I am sadly, not in that league. Not having a car is a real downer.

However, I did learn that one can make it to two malls between opening and closing on NYE via NY/NJ public transportation.

10am - opened Paramus
6pm - closed Woodbridge

It was a real pain taking an early morning bus from NYC, then going from Paramus back to the city, running from the Port Authority to Penn St, and then catching a train to Woodbridge. A pain, but doable if all the connections fall into place, which luckily they did.

I'm getting worried about posting too much info, although it is already in the thread, but the Maryland/DC area was very fertile with malls.

I only used the same card at the same mall once (maybe twice). The other two cards I had, I think I averaged about 80% of the total possible bonuses, without double dipping.

I also want to point out, to make me feel less evil, I've given away about 2/3rds of the cards as my way of scamming it forward. No telling how many of them will actually get used. I also bought about $800 in gift cards and gift purchases that I never returned.

I really hope they do this next year. Maybe me and minoritydan can car pool? I have a feeling that the big D will pick up on what I did though and slash my line for next year. Maybe I should send a couple random CSRs some $20 gift cards.

tashayar said: Now that it is wrapped curiousity is killing me. I *know* some of you really worked this promo. Just curious what the total amount is that any one person/family scored.

If you don't feel comfortable posting here but want to pm me and I can post for you and keep you anonymous.

And no, I am sadly, not in that league. Not having a car is a real downer.

However, I did learn that one can make it to two malls between opening and closing on NYE via NY/NJ public transportation.

10am - opened Paramus
6pm - closed Woodbridge

It was a real pain taking an early morning bus from NYC, then going from Paramus back to the city, running from the Port Authority to Penn St, and then catching a train to Woodbridge. A pain, but doable if all the connections fall into place, which luckily they did.
This is not "Now wrapped", but rather might repeated at the year end thing. So that is it wise to talk how many time a store accept returns from a person? BTW, there were 2 more malls in LI accessible by LI buses that take MTA metrocards.

VerbalK said: I'm getting worried about posting too much info, although it is already in the thread, but the Maryland/DC area was very fertile with malls.

I only used the same card at the same mall once (maybe twice). The other two cards I had, I think I averaged about 80% of the total possible bonuses, without double dipping.

I also want to point out, to make me feel less evil, I've given away about 2/3rds of the cards as my way of scamming it forward. No telling how many of them will actually get used. I also bought about $800 in gift cards and gift purchases that I never returned.

I really hope they do this next year. Maybe me and minoritydan can car pool? I have a feeling that the big D will pick up on what I did though and slash my line for next year. Maybe I should send a couple random CSRs some $20 gift cards.

Yeah, If the deal is alive and well I'll be sure to have a couple more Cards with D and we can try carpooling.

I made out pretty well.

VerbalK said: I'm getting worried about posting too much info, although it is already in the thread, but the Maryland/DC area was very fertile with malls.

Here's hoping she's just as fertile come November. Might be cause to open another D.

Didn't do any double dipping. Although one mall forgot to stamp my reciepts and I went back and redeemed using those reciepts again. We're lucky to be in so. cal. In total we got over 3k, and bought a new lcd tv with the gift cards and two nokia n series cell phones. I hope they do this again next Christmas season.

very hard having $1000 item and returning it.

petenth said: very hard having $1000 item and returning it.
I don't think the "having" it part was very hard. Not that returns were difficult either. Maybe you should elaborate.

try returning a $1000 watch

You don't have to buy a $1000 watch. You can redeem cumulative spendings at each mall. I usually spend $300-$400 at each store and visit 3 stores per mall. Try buying and returning clothing or electronics.

rc82 said: You don't have to buy a $1000 watch. You can redeem cumulative spendings at each mall. I usually spend $300-$400 at each store and visit 3 stores per mall. Try buying and returning clothing or electronics.

once you open the electronics and its not the same item inside your stuck with it.

petenth said: rc82 said: You don't have to buy a $1000 watch. You can redeem cumulative spendings at each mall. I usually spend $300-$400 at each store and visit 3 stores per mall. Try buying and returning clothing or electronics.

once you open the electronics and its not the same item inside your stuck with it.

Nobody said that you should open it.

I returned 11 $1000 watches, I actually returned 7 of them at the same time.

I got a funny look, but WTF do I care what they think. Its their job to return the item, not to ask questions.

petenth said: rc82 said: You don't have to buy a $1000 watch. You can redeem cumulative spendings at each mall. I usually spend $300-$400 at each store and visit 3 stores per mall. Try buying and returning clothing or electronics.

Example would be:

Buy a HD Camcorder at BB, get the gift cards, then return the Camcorder without opening it.

BB has restocking fees on some opened electronics so read the return policy carefully.

Minoritydan said: petenth said: rc82 said: You don't have to buy a $1000 watch. You can redeem cumulative spendings at each mall. I usually spend $300-$400 at each store and visit 3 stores per mall. Try buying and returning clothing or electronics.

Example would be:

Buy a HD Camcorder at BB, get the gift cards, then return the Camcorder without opening it.

BB has restocking fees on some opened electronics so read the return policy carefully.

just wonder if you buy something and the item inside is different from what its said in the box. previous return? BAM

I returned about 9 of them, and I returned 4 of them at the same time, purchased at three different stores, returned at a fourth store. I only had trouble once when they had to call someone to verify a model number. Not even a blink the other times.

Anyone have any trouble using the cards at all?

I tried one at Stop & Shop and FYE and neither could take it for less than a $20 purchase. Tried the same one at a local grocery store and it worked there. Both of the other places DO accept discover.

I've just been using them for gas so far.

tashayar said: Anyone have any trouble using the cards at all?

I tried one at Stop & Shop and FYE and neither could take it for less than a $20 purchase. Tried the same one at a local grocery store and it worked there. Both of the other places DO accept discover.
I tried one at TGIF's restauant and there was a problem. I believe it was something to do with Discover automatically calculating an additional 15-20% whan a tip-type restaurant is involved. So a $20 charge was not authorized on the $20 card. I asked them to try charging $15 and it went through OK.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014