QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

NWFCU 18 month CD 6.00% APY - no longer open to all?

First page
1 of 10
lhendricks92
11/9/07 9:40 AM
Northwest Federal Credit Union is offering an 18 month CD for 6.00% APY. $10K minimum.

From the membership page...

If you are an employee or member of any of the more than 400 Member Companies or one of our Chamber of Commerce Members, you are eligible to join NWFCU.

One of the member companies is the National Wildlife Federation. Join for $15 - link courtesy of mh83.

Enjoy!

UPDATE:

Looks like NWFCU wasn't happy with the flood of new members and decided to restrict NWF applicants to employees only. I say don't let that stop you. Try another organization on the list of member companies. One option is to join the International Spy Museum for $60.

LATEST UPDATE:
NWFCU has apparently decided to allow CU membership only to employees (not members) of its "membership" companies. YMMV.
WikiPost
11/9/07 9:40 AM
Another membership option (no guarantees, the CU may say you have to be an employee) is to purchase a "Friend Membership" in the Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts for $50.
routing
11/9/07 2:06 PM
joined!
Arfanbarkler
11/9/07 2:32 PM
It's really not clear on the National Wildlife Federation site what the minimum donation is to become a member ($30 is the lowest pre-filled option, but there is also an "other" option). I noticed that you can buy a gift membership for $15, so that may be the minimum for membership. Otherwise, you can have someone else buy your membership for $15.
evanm
11/9/07 5:00 PM
I called and confirmed that just joining the NWF makes one eligible.

Also, you can fund with a credit card, but they said it was up to the card issuer as to whether it was treated as a cash advance
mh83
11/9/07 8:07 PM
Thanks lhendricks!

Looks like one can join the National Wildlife Federation for $15 here.
MilesHeighway
11/9/07 8:16 PM
Awesome, make money AND save the environment! Only on FWF.
gwu1986
11/9/07 9:08 PM
evanm said:

I called and confirmed that just joining the NWF makes one eligible.

Also, you can fund with a credit card, but they said it was up to the card issuer as to whether it was treated as a cash advance

You can fund with cc/debit card but only up to $1000. The minimum for this certificate is $10,000, so choose the ach option to fund. I tried with cc/debit and the application craps out when you try to change the $ amount at the end (for funding).
goldsheet
11/9/07 10:31 PM
online application asks for term in days, so how many days is 18 months ?
mh83
11/9/07 11:04 PM
goldsheet said:

online application asks for term in days, so how many days is 18 months ?

18 months = 540 days
First page
1 of 10
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.