Question about Agape World Inc.

Archived From: Finance
  • 1 234523
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Has anyone invested with Agape World Inc? They provide bridge loans, and offer investors 13-14% returns.?
When my brother was telling me about it, it sounded kinda fishy and risky.
What also turned me off is that the guy who told my brother about it told him that he's made
1mil just investing. He also mentioned that he gets a percentage out of people he signs up.
Sounds like a pyramid or mlm, scheme whatever you want to call it.

Can anyone provide any info on this company. I've done searches on the web and can't find anything.
The only info I've found has been in yahoo answers and those posts could've been posted by someone from
Agape.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
As much fun as I've had, I think its about that time to either moderate or lock this thread. If locked, it's important ... (more)

civ2k1 (Aug. 07, 2008 @ 9:19p) |

Guys, I have a great investment opportunity for you. I just sat down and talked to the head of this company. They assure... (more)

PMonkeyDishwasher (Aug. 07, 2008 @ 9:31p) |

So almost a year later....

Mod Edit: Due to the UNBELIEVABLY spammy and questionable nature of this topic, it is being l... (more)

DevilMonkey (Aug. 07, 2008 @ 10:02p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

sample Agape contract

"13-14% returns"
"mlm paid for signups"
"made a million"

how many braincells does it take to figure out this is 100% scam?

SUCKISSTAPLES said: "13-14% returns"
"mlm paid for signups"
"made a million"

how many braincells does it take to figure out this is 100% scam?

Plus m0n0t0ne's first two posts. *sniff*sniff* smells a little like spam.

Sorry if my post seems like spam. Just wanted to get info and verify that this was a scam.

m0n0t0ne said: Yea I figure it was a scam but my brother is just drunk off the fact that he can possibly make
this kind of money.

Would these happen to be Brooklyn Bridge loans?

Seriously, in a world where the junkiest of junk is *inexpicably* paying well under 10% just how lame would any fixed income be that's 13-14% and is offered to retail investors?

Back home we had a saying, "Beef jerky is better than spam." (home being France, of course)

edit: That anyone would fall for this kind of nitrogenous waste leaves *me* agape.

This is one of the better bridge loan scam names though. Good old Agape World, sounds trustworthy to me.

even using basic logic... 14% loans are highly risky and likely not to be paid back in a lot of cases.

another high-yield investment scam.

nyguy4 said: As far as I can Tell Agape World Inc is a legit company. I have been an investor for 15 months and have been paid out on 14 deals. The natural reaction is that it is a scam, but do your homework before making your mind up. I thought it was a scam also.
Firm is based out of NY and has an office and about 10 full-time employees. I have been there a few times and have meet the Pres and VP and a few of the reps.
Deals run from 30 to 70 days and pay between 8-14%.
And yes there are alot of investors making good money. Besides myself I know many others.
Look up there website on the web.
Hoping you are in early on the pyramid? Keep promoting to get in other victims? New member seeking to help yourself by victimizing others?

nyguy4 said: As far as I can Tell Agape World Inc is a legit company. I have been an investor for 15 months and have been paid out on 14 deals. The natural reaction is that it is a scam, but do your homework before making your mind up. I thought it was a scam also.
Firm is based out of NY and has an office and about 10 full-time employees. I have been there a few times and have meet the Pres and VP and a few of the reps.
Deals run from 30 to 70 days and pay between 8-14%.
And yes there are alot of investors making good money. Besides myself I know many others.
Look up there website on the web.

It seems you guys are playing a game of good cop bad cop. Do you guys actually think this is going to work? Give it up, it's not going to work here.

Someone posted a question I answered it.

nyguy4 said: Someone posted a question I promoted a scam so I can make money

Rule #1 for spotting shills/scams in online forums: New member signs up just to post about it.

nyguy4 said: Someone posted a question I answered it.

if by 'someone' you mean you...

lostdude said: Wow, high return, religous overtone, shills... my oh my... 12DailyPro all over again.

Ah yes, those were the days. Those scams seemed to fade into the background right about the time ghetto real estate financing scams started up. And seem destined to return in force as the real estate bubble further implodes.

edit: I think scam touts play an important role in the financial world. Just like AORs help thin the herd of stupid lenders, religious ponzis thin the investor world. Just think of it as a form of financial intelligent design.

Sorry guys but you have this one all wrong. Do some homework.

nyguy4 said: Sorry guys but you have this one all wrong. Do some homework.

Look.. in case someone is being taken in by this, scams post to forums, like FW, with new accounts (and sometimes old accounts, created well in advance) in order to find suckers who are A) desperate, B) Stupid, C) Greedy, and best yet, D) All the Above.

It's a classic scam, using new tactics online. This is NOT the forum for such a scam; although I'm sure some idiots will still ignore the good posts saying it is, and get in on it. I think it'd best if the mods just delete these posts, because "any press is good press."

I need to start offering veteran members of certain online communities cash for their login credentials so I can make stupid ass topics like this for companies and make them look legit, while taking kickbacks from said companies.. Anyone want to work with me on this?

It really was all a lot easier back in the day when you could just post a couple hundred messages to yourself in Testing 1-2-3 and be a senior member before your coffee got cold.

Agape World, Inc. sounds like a holding company for goatse.cx-related merchandise.

m0n0t0ne said: Has anyone invested with Agape World Inc? They provide bridge loans, and offer investors 13-14% returns.?
When my brother was telling me about it, it sounded kinda fishy and risky.
What also turned me off is that the guy who told my brother about it told him that he's made
1mil just investing. He also mentioned that he gets a percentage out of people he signs up.
Sounds like a pyramid or mlm, scheme whatever you want to call it.

Can anyone provide any info on this company. I've done searches on the web and can't find anything.
The only info I've found has been in yahoo answers and those posts could've been posted by someone from
Agape.

Ever give any thought to calling the company to make an appointment and speak with the people who work there as well as get some references from them? I know what people on this forum will say next....."oh but they will give good references". Well if they exist, isn't that a good thing?
I just had to post because its just ridiculous to see everyone on this forum saying things like "gotta be", "sounds like" a scam, "its just logic", and picking on the two posters who are actually posting their experience and not speculating. Way to do your research people!!!

If 10-14% return on a hard money loan doesn't make sense to you......then you don't know what a hard money loan is. Renting furniture and appliances doesn't make a heck of alot of sense to me yet there are companies making alot of money doing it throughout the US. Why....because apparently there is a market for it. Why would a company pay 20+% for short term money? Because there is a market for it. It keeps the company going while its permanent solution (loan) takes several months to close (just one example). I invest money in commercial bride loan lending and share the same experience as the other two posters who actually have experience with the company, unlike most in this forum. I've always gotten paid and I continue to procede with cautious optimism (like any of my investments). This post is not about a commercial, its a response to idiots that are too lazy to do any research and try to drag down people with them in their ignorance.

Ive found in my experience.....
There are many companies that do bridge loans. If you find one that accepts individual investors and you want to invest, i'd imagine first it helps if you know what a bridge loan is and why companies use them. I would imagine the next thing you would want to do is get some reliable info on the company, such as from past and current investors, REAL articles written about the company, maybe the BBB? Just do your own due diligence and with any luck you won't find yourself living among the poor souls posting on this forum from the comfort of their rented furniture.

This is a SCAM!
Believe the people with thousands of posts on this forum they have seen it all. The people with a single post are people who are paid or are in the pyramid and stand to make money from scamming you.

I'd love to see an IP check run on these guys to see if it is one IP, mods?

BSRdr said: I'd love to see an IP check run on these guys to see if it is one IP, mods?

I second that motion

inda said: BSRdr said: I'd love to see an IP check run on these guys to see if it is one IP, mods?I second that motion

I am also in favor of that, but don't underestimate the extent to which schemers are willing to go in order to advertize their business.

The pictures on their web-site would make you believe that they funded the San Francisco Bay Bridge, the Taipei 101 Tower, and the Tower of Babylon, and the Baghdad Railroad - strike number 1.

All loans are secured 100% by hard assets (whatever that means). Do you think the going rate for asset-secured loans to good quality creditors is 13-14%? I doubt it. A typical FatWaller with good credit willing to enter into, say, the business of buying and renting apartments > 5 units or whatever it takes to make the deal non-residential would probably find cheaper financing than that, by a huge margin. So which suckers are willing to take loans at 13-14%? Probably the type of suckers (and schemers) who come to Prosper w/ D credit and want to get a personal loan for their n-th project that is going to result in the umteenth default.

"Some of our previous loans" could not be a more cryptic description of random names. And for laughs, they differentiate between "purchase" and "acquisition" loan types. More dust into the reader's eye.

BTW, more shilling going on than you can image:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071221162938AACixKA

I guess this is part of their "internet marketing" campaign.

Guys, this isn't a scam. I'm an investor too. I've also met the president and vice president as well. I even met the secretary too, and had sex with her. And after that, the VP and I went out and got ourselves some hookers and blow. You can't go wrong with Agape World Inc!

There should be some feature on fatwallet.

If a sufficiently large number of reputable posters label a new poster as a schemer, then the web-site posting engine should automatically put a bolded signature after each of their posts, stating:

"I have been labeled as a schemer and a liar and you should not believe anything I say" or something. That would be funny and put a stop to their enterprising attempts.

I think it would be cool to see at few octets of the posters IP address... Plus it might be easier for FW to implement than the above suggestions, although I DO like it

If Agape World is anything like Agape Love then I would steer clear.

lol

BSRdr said: I'd love to see an IP check run on these guys to see if it is one IP, mods?

IP's don't mean much I have thousands of IP's I use for various blackhat activities. Any idiot with half a brain can get access to a large number of IP's for less than $20. That said these posters are obviuosly shills for this company and dumb/greedy people will probably still sign up for their garbage.

alohaq99 said: I have invested with Agape for the last 6 months and so far they have paid out on time every time but I only know a couple of friends who are also investing with them.
After browsing this site, I noticed that there are additional investors out there who have been investing with these guys longer than I have. If possible, I would like to get your feedback....
looking for an unbiased opinion from someone who has actually invested with these guys....
please e-mail me at qsmith@suncrestcapital.com...
thanks for your feedback and help!
Why, doesn't http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme answer all of your question?

This topic has gone on long enough without some internet detective work.

Agape World's Contact Info
Agape World Inc.
150 Motor Parkway Suite 106
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Phone:(877) 390-4813
Fax:(631) 231-5616 
Google Maps: Link Curiously, 150 Motor Parkway Suite 106 is also the offices for NT Baseball League. Coincidence? Incidentally, the two sites have the same fax number:
150 MOTOR PARKWAY SUITE 106
HAUPPAUGE, NY 11788
TEL: 631-231-5600
FAX: 631-231-5616  
Get Directions  

Contact Us at:
for more information
info@ntbaseball.org

Nick Cosmo
President
nick@ntbaseball.org

Sponsorship Opporitunites
sponsor@ntbaseball.org

The NTB Travel Baseball League was formed to challenge the elite player in your league. Now you no longer have to travel to deep Suffolk and pay thousands of dollars to play highly competitive baseball. Our Alken Avenue and Duck Pond Field complex is second to none in this area. Our manicured fields come equipped with professional tarps and dedicated grounds crew. Our complex, as well as most teams in our league, has concession and bathroom facilities. You are always treated like the home team by all of our staff. Unlike the other heavenly complex we only employ outside umpiring crews and never interfere with the ruling of games. Our kids come first and the NTB Baseball League has the highest renewal rate for teams then any other league on Long Island.

Hmm, now we have a name, "Nick Cosmo". Let's see what Google thinks about Agape and Nick Cosmo:
First result: Levittown Tribune
Sports: LSWAA to Host Fundraising Tournament for IT Brothers
LSWAAs NTB Travel Baseball League will be hosting a Memorial Day Tournament Thursday, May 24 through Monday, May 28 to benefit Joey and Jimmy DeVita, brothers who were both diagnosed with a form of Leukemia. Joey, 13, plays soccer for Island Trees. Jimmy, 11 is also a soccer player, the starting catcher for the Island Trees Bulldogs and has played in the NTB for the last two years. LSWAA is offering five days of competitive baseball both day and night at the Cuomo/Alken Complex and Duckpond Field. There will be a total of 28 teams participating. Cal Ripken Jr.'s Complex in Maryland will welcome the winners from all three divisions of this tournament to represent NTB in a National Tournament competing against teams from all over the country. All volunteers are welcome. Anyone wishing to make a donation can make checks payable to Joey and Jimmy DeVita and mail it to C/o Agape World, 150 Motor Pky., Hauppague NY, Suite 106, 11788. Anyone interested in sponsoring this event or for more information contact Nick Cosmo at 395-5308 or log onto www.NTBaseball.org.

Ok, that's fine. Maybe Agape World does charity work on the side and they run a little league baseball team.
Second result: XCS India: Testimonial - Testimonial page for an Indian web design firm
THIS COMPANY IS A PROFESSIONAL OPERATION. THEIR AFFORDABLE RATES AND IMPECCABLE WORK ETHIC IS OUTSTANDING. PLEASE DO NOT BE SURPRISED TO KNOW THAT THEIR DESIGNERS WORK UNTIL 4 OR 5 IN THE MORNING TO GET THINGS RIGHT BEFORE THE NORMAL WORK DAY BEGINS. THEY USED INSTANT MESSAGE TO UPDATE ME CONSTANTLY ON THEIR PROGRESS AND DELIVERED THE PROJECT ON TIME.

Nicholas Cosmo
CEO - Agapecars.com Uniondale NY USA
Agape Cars
[Complete Website, Design and Database Programming]

Interesting. Now we have another related site: AgapeCars.com. It is now just a web parked paged. However, if we go to the internet archives: WayBack Machine, it used to be a car listing service

Now, let's head back to Google Results:
Third Result: What is AGAPE?! . It links to an interesting video on "holistics approach for finance by Obsidian Institute for Financial Literacy". How did a search for Agape and Nick Cosmo link to this video? Unfortunately, it seems like the creator of that video was keyword spamming and had Agape and Nick Cosmo in the description.

Next Google Result: D&B Record for Agape World, Inc

Company Profile: Agape World Inc
Year Started:2000
State of Incorporation:NY
URL: Activate Links www.agapeworld.com
Location Type:Single Location
Stock Symbol:N/A
Stock Exchange:N/A
Also Does Business As:N/A
NAICS:N/A
SIC #Code:6163
Est. Annual Sales:$8,000,000
Est. Employees:10
Est. Employees at Location:10
Contact Name:Nick Cosmo
Contact Titleresident
Data above provided by D&B

The rest of the results are not really related.
Let's Google their Fax number: Google: 631-231-5600
First result: Above NT Baseball Site
Second Result: NewYorkCashAdvance.com
Agape World Inc
(631) 231-5600 | 10 Newtown Ln Melville, NY 11747
Write a review

Hmm, that's curious. That address for Agape World doesn't match the previous address. Google Map .. Looks like a suburban house.

Let's go back to the results:
Fifth Result: AllPages.com Yellow Pages

Innovative Flooring Inc
10 Newton Place
Hauppauge, NY (New York) 11788-4766
Phone: (631) 231-5600

WHAAAAA?? Another company in the fold? If you are keeping track, we have Agape World, Inc, NT Baseball, Agape Cars, and Innovative Flooring, Inc all using the same fax number and addresses.

m0n0t0ne said: Can anyone provide any info on this company. I've done searches on the web and can't find anything.
Agape.

I guess you didn't search hard enough, I found quite a bit more information.

Disclaimer: In no way am I implying that Agape World, Inc is not a legitimate business nor am I saying that it is. I just find the entire thing a little curious.

Tangent: Incidentily, Boiler Room, also took place around Hauppage and is somewhat related to Bridge Financing.

More data:
What kind of projects have they been involved in...

Agape World: Some of our previous loans
LOAN NAME:               LOAN TYPE:         DATE:          STATE: 
114 PARKWAY DRIVE SOUTH  ACQUISITION        MARCH- 2008    NY 
508 WEST 25TH ST.        ACQUISITION        FEBRUARY- 2008 NY 
JEFFERSON ST. PROJECT II CONSTRUCTION       DECEMBER- 2007 NY 
CARILLON PARK II         REFINANCE          NOVEMBER- 2007 TX 
CLEMSON GRANDE CONDOMINIUMS ACQUISITION     OCTOBER- 2007  SC 
LEVITTWON PROPERTY       PURCHASE           SEPTEMBER- 2007 NY 
ORCHARD PARTNERS         PURCHASE           AUGUST- 2007   NY 
SH&K CAR WASH            PURCHASE           JULY- 2007     CA 
LYONS                    REFINANCE          JUNE- 2007     NY 
NORTHWAY SPEEDWAY        ACQUISITION        JUNE - 2007    NY 
114 PARKWAY DRIVE SOUTH MySpace: Pevs Indoor Paintball Park - Hauppage I don't have enough information on the others. Other loans done by Agape World: Internet Archives
LOAN NAME         LOAN TYPE     DATE      STATE    AMT  

Baja 1000                      Purchase           Feb - 07          Mexico      $9.2 Mill

All Contracting             Acquisition         Jan - 07          New York   $2 Mill

Paramount LLC            Bridge Loan       Dec - 06         California   $900,000

Country Club LLC        Purchase            Nov - 06         Texas        $1 Mill

X Arena                         Acquisition        March - 07     New Jersey  $1 Mill

N. Fuller Develpmt       Bridge Loan       May - 06         Florida      $6 Mill

Northrop Grumman     Purchase Order   Apr - 06        New York   $1.2 Mill

Savvis Corp.                Purchase Order   Mar - 06        New York   $96,000 

Spiral Frog                Private Placement     April - 07      New York    $385,000

stevenman said: My brother has been investing with agape for six years and he has realy made a --it load of money.
I thought it was a scam to, do your research and you'll come to see the green light. I know it sounds fake but they do guarantee your loan. the worst case scenario is that you wont make money on the interest but like I said thats the worst case scenario. You wont loose the money you have invested. If you realy are interested e-mail me and I'll give you the number off a gentlemen who works for them...

Care to explain how they guarantee your loan?

tazzy531 said: This topic has gone on long enough without some internet detective work....
WHAAAAA?? Another company in the fold? If you are keeping track, we have Agape World, Inc, NT Baseball, Agape Cars, and Innovative Flooring, Inc all using the same fax number and addresses.

Nicely done. And it raises plenty of questions in my mind

Hi all, I was just searching this same company on the net myself when I came across this thread and felt I wanted to post too. I have a buddy who has been telling me about this bridge loan thing that he has used to turn 10k into 22k over several months with them and is urging me to throw a couple of bucks in. I didn't like the sound of it from the start: Way to high % returns along side hollow guarentee's of your investment being safe/protected when they are not a member of the SEC or any reputable agency.

He has another buddy and a brother in law who have also been successfully investing with them for a year or more. Seems like there are lots of "brother's in law" involved.....

I am from NY and it seems like there are either people from agape on here, or there are just alot of NY'ers that just so happen to be on Fatwallet.com. I'm still skeptical, of course.

After inquiring with my buddy a little bit about the deals he was involved in he sent me over this email:

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:40:44 -0400

Subject: Northway Associates Construction LLC 3.24.08 - 6.6.08

Hello everyone,

As you all can see this contract is for 74 days and is at 14%.
There is a new look to this contract as well as a new policy.
Every contract must be entirely filled out, even for existing clients.

Attatchments:

NORTHWAY ASSOCIATE CONSTRUCTION LLC
LOCATED: ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY, NY
928.6+ ACRES
1ST PHASE CONSTRUCTION, INFRASTRUCTURE BUILD-OUT, $120MM
FUTURE HOTEL, MOTOR SPEEDWAY, & CASINO
MULTI-USE PROPERTY & FACILITIES
AGAPE WORLD INC. SET-UP ACQUISITION AND LONG TERM FINANCING (MULTIPLE PHASES)
REPEAT AGAPE WORLD CLIENTELE

*If anyone requires a detailed profile of any contract, please contact operations

There was also an old/mock contract attatched so that I could actually see what it involved and can email it to anyone who wants a look. Keep digging as there is definitely something out of place with this company. And if not, ehh, I still don't know if I would invest with them.....

Edited by Moderator: No personal information

Northway Island

Northway has begun the first phase of the project, which is to secure the necessary funding to purchase the land, conduct preliminary engineering and architectural work, and site planning, says Gerald Colachino, CEO.

"We have a hard offer on the table for phase one of the project," he says. The financing is being arranged through an equity partner, which Colachino didn't reveal.

Skipping 861 Messages...

So almost a year later....

Mod Edit: Due to the UNBELIEVABLY spammy and questionable nature of this topic, it is being locked. Any questions on this 'deal'? This moderator strongly encourages you to look to many of the long-time members who can point you in the direction of sane financial advice.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014