• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's simple. Shop online and you can earn 2% more Cash Back from December 1 to December 31, 2007.

Enroll at americanexpress.com/costcoonline.

It's only for American Express Costco Members. (I think)
You can see if you qualify for the promotion by putting in your User Id and Password on the website.

Or you can call 1-800-794-1308 and enter promotion code 107400004. The promotion code is NOT the RSVP code you put in the website.

EDIT: It's actually 3% as the promotion offers says earn an ADDITONAL 2% on top of the 1% you already get from your TruEarnings card.

YMMV

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
update:
AMEX deposited 2% CashBack to my account for this promo last week

redindian (Jan. 28, 2008 @ 1:20p) |

Costco business AMEX has 5% gas rebate

mpkb (Jan. 28, 2008 @ 4:03p) |

I also got the 2% on my Blue Cash - a whopping $1.94. Free money is still good though.

Tom9999 (Jan. 29, 2008 @ 10:08a) |

YMMV. Offer by invitation only for select card members.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Enrollment required by 12/31/2007. This offer is good for solicited Cardmembers only. Through this offer you may earn an extra 2% Cash Back for your qualifying purchases made between 12/1/2007 and 12/31/2007 on an eligible Card. This is in addition to any rebate you may earn per the terms and conditions of this Card. Qualifying purchases are purchases made online, by phone or by mail order from eligible U.S. retail, department store, home improvement, drug store, wholesale club, consumer electronics, publishing and grocery store merchants. Charges for payments made via PayPal and other online payment intermediaries and for purchases from online auction sites do not qualify. This extra cash rebate will be awarded on up to $25,000 in qualifying purchases, for a maximum extra rebate of $500. Credits for purchase returns will result in a corresponding cash rebate reduction. To earn your reward your account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Please allow 4-8 weeks following 12/31/2007 for this one-time extra 2% cash rebate to post to your account as a statement credit.

I have a blue card and I received a similar offer today. I started a new generic link here:

Amex 3% Online Costco + Blue + More? - Thisguy

We're sorry. Either the code you have entered is incorrect or your Card number is not eligible for this promotion.

If you received an invitation for this promotion, please verify and re-enter the unique 14-digit RSVP code found inside the mailing. Or, you may try enrolling with the toll-free phone number.

If you are registered to manage your account online and attempted to enroll, please verify your User ID and Password and try again.

If you believe that you received this message in error, please call the number on the back of your Card and speak to a Customer Service Representative regarding Promotion ID J740:0004. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your interest in this 2% Cash Back promotion and for your continued Cardmembership.

Maybe it's not for business card holders, or is directed marketing. Thanks anyways OP.

Thanks OP. Works for me

ucsdgaspasser said: We're sorry. Either the code you have entered is incorrect or your Card number is not eligible for this promotion.

If you received an invitation for this promotion, please verify and re-enter the unique 14-digit RSVP code found inside the mailing. Or, you may try enrolling with the toll-free phone number.

If you are registered to manage your account online and attempted to enroll, please verify your User ID and Password and try again.

If you believe that you received this message in error, please call the number on the back of your Card and speak to a Customer Service Representative regarding Promotion ID J740:0004. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your interest in this 2% Cash Back promotion and for your continued Cardmembership.

Maybe it's not for business card holders, or is directed marketing. Thanks anyways OP.

By invitation only.

ucsdgaspasser said: We're sorry. Either the code you have entered is incorrect or your Card number is not eligible for this promotion.
Same here

"This offer is good for solicited Cardmembers only."

Don't use the promotion code. If you have your account registered online for AMEX you can enter the login/password directly. That's how I got it to work for me. The promotion code the OP posted is probably just for him.

hanlong said: Don't use the promotion code. If you have your account registered online for AMEX you can enter the login/password directly. That's how I got it to work for me. The promotion code the OP posted is probably just for him.
Nope... I tried that and it did not work for me. -- Darn!
"We're sorry. Either the code you have entered is incorrect or your Card number is not eligible for this promotion."

Doesn't work for me, maybe because I have a business costco AMEX

hanlong said: Don't use the promotion code. If you have your account registered online for AMEX you can enter the login/password directly. That's how I got it to work for me. The promotion code the OP posted is probably just for him.

The mail offer was originally sent to my dad, a few days ago, with a unique RSVP code (not the promotional code that i posted) and he was able to enroll with that RSVP code.

I don't know if the promotional code that i posted is unique but it can only be used via the 1-800 number, not the website.

Although I wasn't sent the mail offer, I was still able to use my user ID and password to enroll.

We both have separate individual Costco TruEarning accounts (personal).

denied. Tried both online and by phone. I have the regular costco AMEX, not the business card. Seems 2b invitation only targeted marketing campaign. It's likely only going to those who rarely shop online.

Wow! Worked for me.

Just went to the link and entered my username and password and it signed me up. This is awesome!

Thanks, OP. It worked for me... Considering it's holiday shopping season and I
buy way too much stuff online, this will probably net me an extra $20-40 (2% of $1000-$2000).
'A penny saved by FatWallet is better than a penny earned'

It worked for me. Thanks.

It wasn't perfectly clear from the invitation I got whether this applied to authorized users (i.e. your spouse) or not. If not, probably the primary could do all the purchasing easily since it is from home.

Also you should check when your Costco membership is charged if you are thinking of not renewing. Since the rebate is paid only annually as a certificate usable only at COSTCO, using this for onliine purchases could encourage you to continue with the card or membership when you would not otherwise.

It is easy to forget to use you rebate certificate and lose its value if you seldom go to COSTCO.

Indeed, I suspect this may be a goal of the promotion, in addition to the usual one of getting you to use your card for holiday shopping, when is when many pople end up carrying a balance, increasing their profits.

Thanks!! I was able to enroll. I thought these cards had 3% back on food already and stuff like that. Is this 3% back on all the basic 1% items then? Making almost everything purchased with 3% Cash Back for December?

Yea, this is targeted. I signed up earlier and it worked but when I came home from work today and checked my mail, guess what I got.

This offer

travanx said: Thanks!! I was able to enroll. I thought these cards had 3% back on food already and stuff like that. Is this 3% back on all the basic 1% items then? Making almost everything purchased with 3% Cash Back for December?

everything purchased online...

(how much is shipping on the cash cards purchased online through costco.com website? jokingly, if a person purchased a costco GC online and then used it in store...wouldn't it be considered ~3% at costco? ^_^)

damn, I logged in but got a msg that I don't qualify...

got the same extra 2% back offer on my blue cash

same for me. No code needed. Thanks

scott1961 said: got the same extra 2% back offer on my blue cashDitto. My Costco card did not qualify. Better this way since I already get 1.5% on Blue Cash. Of course, I'm using my Citi Cash Rewards card for almost everything now anyway since I get 5% back.

Thanks OP, worked for my CostCo AMEX.

Thanks OP! Signed up!

I have received the same offer for my Costco AMEX thru snail mail, and submitting it online i received this:

AMEX said: You have been successfully enrolled in this 2% Cash Back promotion from December 1 to December 31, 2007. Make sure to use your Card for your eligible online retail purchases to earn the largest Cash Back rebate possible. Your Cash Back rebate will be posted to your account 4-8 weeks after the promotion end date.

Nice!

Worked for me, dont know if I ever got the invite but AMEX spams with so much stuff that I dont even read half of it...

Not working for me. Anyone knows why or who AMEX target with this offer ?

It is targeted.

"This offer is good for solicited cardmembers only .. it is in addition to any rebate you may have earn per the terms and conditions of your card. Qualifying purchases are purchases made online, or phone or mail order from eligible U.S retail, departmental store, home improvement , Drugstore, wholesale club, consumer electronics, publishing and grocery stores merchants. Charges for payment via Paypal and other online payment intermediaries and for the purchase of online auction sites do not qualify."

Seems like restaurants, airlines, hotels, are not included.

Worked fine for me... never got this offer and I used the log on section. THey'll be seeing my online buys this season!

thanks OP!

Worked for me and I dont have TruEarnings card. I have a regular Costco AMEX card. I didnt need RSVP code. I also never got any invitation card in the mail (at least so far). I will wait to buy Nuvi 650 from Amazon for another couple of weeks.

Thanks OP.

Is it worth it to sign up for this AMEX card? Any complaints? I've been a Costco member for years but never got the AMEX. Is there any advantages or disadvantages to having the Business AMEX? Do you need a business Costco membership to have the business AMEX?

Thanks OP I was eligible.

Thanks OP. I don't have a costco card but I have a blue card and I received a similar offer today. I started a new generic link here:

Amex 3% Online Costco + Blue + More?

I included the info from your thread and the info from the blue offer. I htought we could list all the offers there instead of burrying the blue offer in the costco thread.

Cheers!
Thisguy

update:
AMEX deposited 2% CashBack to my account for this promo last week

miamichillin99 said: Is it worth it to sign up for this AMEX card? Any complaints? I've been a Costco member for years but never got the AMEX. Is there any advantages or disadvantages to having the Business AMEX? Do you need a business Costco membership to have the business AMEX?Costco business AMEX has 5% gas rebate

I also got the 2% on my Blue Cash - a whopping $1.94. Free money is still good though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014