• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thanks to mwebb1984 at SD, I checked both my 2 Dividend cards special offers and found the promo on both of them. You will have to activate it and it will be valid for 3 months.

As usual, YMMV.

It is not as useful for me as I just received the CashReturn card from Citi with 5% on everything for 3 months, so I will hold on activating the promo till the end of the year and hopefully it will still be there.

Important Information:
*Earn up to 300 Dividend Dollars in a calendar year, payable in checks of at least $50 only upon your request. Dividend Dollars
earned through the Citi Bonus Cash Center are not subject to the calendar-year maximum accumulation. Additional terms and
conditions apply. For complete details, see the Citi Dividend Directory of Services.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Does anyone know if Apple.com or Apple Retail stores qualify for this promotion?

beethovengirl (Feb. 11, 2008 @ 8:47p) |

Well after getting a second letter and seeing that they used the WRONG statement, I immediately called up Citi to get an... (more)

TJ665 (Feb. 12, 2008 @ 4:55p) |

I ordered a Nano from the Apple.com online store on 12/14, but only received 1% on my next statement. On that same state... (more)

yekim54 (Feb. 12, 2008 @ 8:51p) |

Important Information:

*Earn up to 300 Dividend Dollars in a calendar year, payable in checks of at least $50 only upon your request. Dividend Dollars earned through the Citi Bonus Cash Center are not subject to the calendar-year maximum accumulation. Additional terms and conditions apply. For complete details, see the Citi Dividend Directory of Services.

**In order to qualify for this offer, your Citi Card must be open and you must not be in default under any card agreement that you have with us at all times. Offer is valid for 3 months from the time you activate this offer on eligible purchases. Please note that it may take up to 2 business days from when you activate your offer to start earning bonus Cash Back. It may take one to three billing statements for your bonus Cash Back to post to your card account after the promotion ends. If you have converted to another card or your account is closed for any reason, you may no longer qualify for this offer. This offer does not apply to returned purchases, convenience checks, fees, finance charges or card account fees.

Eligible purchases are those made at department stores, electronic stores or apparel stores. Department stores are defined as large stand-alone merchants selling a general line of merchandise from departments that usually have separate check out counters. Electronics stores are defined as merchants that sell or lease a wide variety of electronic goods, including computer hardware, and may also sell parts or accessories for the repair, construction, or assembly of electronic equipment. Apparel stores include: Men's and Boys' Clothing and Accessories Stores, Women's Ready-to-Wear Stores, Children's and Infants' Wear Stores, Family Clothing Stores, Men's and Women's Clothing Stores, and are defined as merchants that sell clothing, furnishings and accessories geared to a specific audience. Citi does not determine whether or not merchants classify purchases as being made at Department, Apparel and Electronics stores, but Citi reserves the right to determine which purchases qualify.

If you already activated this offer, you are not eligible to enroll in this offer again

Qualifies for 5%:
Aeropostale
Ann Taylor
Banana Republic
Best Buy
Circuit City
CircuitCity.com
DeepDiscount
Disney Store
Eileen Fisher
Express
Herberger's
JCPenney
J. Crew
Kohl's
Lane Bryant
LL Bean (B&M)
Lord & Taylor
Macy's
Marshalls
Newegg.com
Sears
TJMaxx

Does not qualify:
Amazon.com
Bestbuy.com
Frys.com
JCPenney Catalog order placed and paid for in-store
Kmart
Old Navy
Ross
Staples.com
Target
Dell.com (classified as Business Services)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. Had the offer on both of my dividend cards. Glad they're still good for something.

Thanks - got it too

thanks got it too

I also got this offer, as did my wife.

Thanks OP.

Thanks! Activated the offer on my Dividend AMEX. Time to put the card back in my wallet for 3 months.

Will Dell be counted as electronics store?

I hope the purchase at BB and CC will qualify for the 5%

Nice. I got in.

I got 5% on groceries and gas for 3 months on my MTVU instead. The Dividend remains sockdrawered.

g10ny said: I got 5% on groceries and gas for 3 months on my MTVU instead. The Dividend remains sockdrawered.I see nothing for my MTVU lol

Nice find, perfect timing! Thanks OP.

Thanks for the FYI! I just logged into my wife's account and that offer was listed on hers, so I activated it for her. She didn't even know about that offer as we use the Dividend card primarily for groceries these days (it was our gas & groceries card before they reduced the bonus).

Thanks OP. They sure do hide that offer.

Thanks OP! Just in time for the holidays!

Thanks OP.

For those activating now, it'd be useful if we included merchants verified to fall in or out of the 5% category in the quicksummary.

Got the offer a few days ago. I made a purchase online on Sears.com after activating the promo. We'll see if I get 5% on that.

TJ665 said: Got the offer a few days ago. I made a purchase online on Sears.com after activating the promo. We'll see if I get 5% on that.Why don't people update the quick summary with qualifying vendors when you confirm one?

Will see how it goes will use mine on BF at Staples aim to spend about 500.00.

From previous statements, the following counted as electronics stores:

Newegg.com
6Ave.com
Meritline.com
DealExtreme.com3

ewiz.com <---- showed up as COMPUTER SOFTWARE STORE
woot.com <---- showed up as COMPUTERS, COMPUTER PERIPHERAL EQUIPMENT

Thanks OP

Nice. Time to dust off the old dividend cards.

Thanks OP! Just signed up my Dividend card for this under the special offers online. Should be in time for Black Friday(they say 2 business days)...now if only some more decent deals would pop up for it ;p

One should remember the $300 limit on Cash Back. Many may have already reached this.

I suspect one reason they are runniing this offer is that many customers will see the 5% back and not realize that they have hit, or soon will hit the $300 limit.

Christmas comes near the end of the year when many will have hit the limit.

Also, if you had signed these cards up for credit protector for an offer (I took advantage of one offering a free digital picture frame over 60 days), consider eithr canceling the protector or (if you keep it because of conditions on the offer) be sure you pay the card off before the statement closes (which avoids the fee).

If they made this offer to get additional spending from those above the limit, they may pull it before the end of the year. One who is planning on using the offer for next year may want to activate it in December rather than waiting till next year (which might be optimal if you knew it would stay around). Obviously a lot depends on your spending patterns as you trade off spending for next year's limit, versus the risk they will pull the offer.

If you happen to have more than one card in the family, it may pay to activate one now and then wait on the other (since most of us probably do not spend $6000 in the preferred categories every three months.

You may want to take advantage of this now if you get it.

I went back and tried to take advantage of it (after checking I had not hit limit yet on one card), it had disappeared.

A call to CITI (US representatives) said no such offer existed, or had ever existed. Getting a supervisor , he had first confirmed nhthing existed, but then finally found it and said he had signed me up for it.

It may be randomly shown to certain cards or at certain times, etc.

If you have several cards be careful about getting it on the desired card. their web site does not indicate which card you are accepting the offer for and you could reach the wrong one.

anything similar on citi professional or citi premierpass cards ?

manuvns said: anything similar on citi professional or citi premierpass cards ?Why don't you log into your account and see.

None of my other cards (prof., diamond, etc.) have the offer...Just my dividend card...

My PremierPass had "Double ThankYou points" at Electronics, Department and Apparel stores, which isn't nearly as good.

OTOH, I would have to spend enough to get $50 on my Dividend card which currently has $0 in rewards. I doubt I'll be spending $1000+ on electronics so I probably won't do this.

My card had this offer yesterday but I did not click to activate it, went back today and it was gone and I could not sign up for it.

Is anyone still getting this offer - for 5% on electonics, department and apparel stores?

I called customer service and they only offered me 5% on grocery, gas and drug stores for 3 months. I declined that as I have 3 other cards that already offer me that.

^^^ try cleaning your cookies or logging in from a different IP.

Activated today afternoon. As soon as this was posted I wrote to Citi to gimme the count of remaining $300 but the idiots wrote back saying call 800#. So had to.

ProfessorEd said: One should remember the $300 limit on Cash Back. Many may have already reached this.

I suspect one reason they are runniing this offer is that many customers will see the 5% back and not realize that they have hit, or soon will it the $300 limit.
Christmas comes near the end of the year when many will have hit the limit.

Also, if you had signed these cards up for credit protector for an offer (I took advantage of one offering a free digital picture frame over 60 days), consider eithr canceling the protector or (if you keep it because of conditions on the offer) be sure you pay the card off before the statement closes (which avoids the fee).

If they made this offer to get additional spending from those above the limit, they may pull it before the end of the year. One who is planning on using the offer for next year may want to activate it in December rather than waiting till next year (which might be optimal if you knew it would stay around). Obviously a lot depends on your spending patterns as you trade off spending for next year's limit, versus the risk they will pul the offer.

If you happen to have more than one card in the family, it may pay to activate one now and then wait on the other (since most of us probably do not spend $6000 in the preferred categories every three months.

Do WalMart or Target count as department stores?

Okay

I have signed up this promotion and bought a couple of electronic stuff from Newegg.com, outpost.com and so on.
I just checked my Citi card rebate status for the unbilled activity, but it doesn't show me the bonus (5%), just shows me only 1%.
Am I missing something?

I did not get credited the bonus that I signed up for last year (discount and department stores 5%). I hope it works out better this year.

onlysense said: Okay

I have signed up this promotion and bought a couple of electronic stuff from Newegg.com, outpost.com and so on.
I just checked my Citi card rebate status for the unbilled activity, but it doesn't show me the bonus (5%), just shows me only 1%.
Am I missing something?

You have to wait for the statement to see the bonus if it applied correctly.

I have burned by citi in the past with these promotions. When the bonus doesn't show up, they tend to not know about the promotion and have no record of it.

I just signed up today for this offer with my dividend card. A sticky with which merchants count on the front of this thread would be a great idea.

Skipping 84 Messages...
beethovengirl said: Does anyone know if Apple.com or Apple Retail stores qualify for this promotion?
I ordered a Nano from the Apple.com online store on 12/14, but only received 1% on my next statement. On that same statement, my purchase from a Circuit City B&M store on 12/16 earned 5%. Also, a purchase from CircuitCity.com online earned 5%.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014