• filter:
  • 1107108109110 111
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
when i open the account (yesterday), i have no idea about the bonus. the guy in the branch told me about (i used to have HSBC accounts a few years ago). So, it is to late for me to get a referral for my account. You should have the online access to your accounts (usually it takes between 20 to 48 hours ) to be able to send referral.   Ideal is to have a referral for yourself from smbd , and after that referral your wife to get the maximum bonuses ($500). Also, if you are premier and open a Credit card with them you get 25000 points (250 cash value, or $400 for airlines).  
Ps: if you guys find some more details, please share them!

rated:
for $300 bonus (200+100) maybe you can travel to LA .. they are a few branches here.

rated:
For HSBC, can they originate an ACH pull for the opening deposit (e.g., to get money from UFB which can't do ACH pushes)?  And in general, at HSBC can you originate ACH pushes & pulls (any fees?)?

Note there's a $25 charge for closing each HSBC account within 180 days of opening (but the promo rate lasts longer than 6 months, so that shouldn't be a problem).

rated:
iioossiidd said:   when i open the account (yesterday), i have no idea about the bonus. the guy in the branch told me about (i used to have HSBC accounts a few years ago). So, it is to late for me to get a referral for my account. You should have the online access to your accounts (usually it takes between 20 to 48 hours ) to be able to send referral.   Ideal is to have a referral for yourself from smbd , and after that referral your wife to get the maximum bonuses ($500). Also, if you are premier and open a Credit card with them you get 25000 points (250 cash value, or $400 for airlines).  
Ps: if you guys find some more details, please share them!

Does in-branch opening also have the signature card to and fro mailing requirement?

rated:
Deleted due to double post

rated:
iioossiidd said:   for $300 bonus (200+100) maybe you can travel to LA .. they are a few branches here.
  My new idea!  I am waiting for the "Welcome Pak" to arrive by snail mail, maybe in today's mail.  It would be a 2 hr drive to the Bay Area.  So I take all the info I rec in the mail and drive to a branch office.
Re-open the account at the branch office and see if can get the $300 bonus.  Probably take $60+ in gas but I might give this a try.

rated:
pattyB said:   iioossiidd said:   for $300 bonus (200+100) maybe you can travel to LA .. they are a few branches here.
  My new idea!  I am waiting for the "Welcome Pak" to arrive by snail mail, maybe in today's mail.  It would be a 2 hr drive to the Bay Area.  So I take all the info I rec in the mail and drive to a branch office.
Re-open the account at the branch office and see if can get the $300 bonus.  Probably take $60+ in gas but I might give this a try.

Why You don't try to make them to give you the $200 after you receive a referral from smbd?

rated:
I just received one email with the link for the bonus page. So, the bonus is for real. Still waiting to be able to access my account online.

rated:
iioossiidd said:   
pattyB said:   
iioossiidd said:   for $300 bonus (200+100) maybe you can travel to LA .. they are a few branches here.

Why You don't try to make them to give you the $200 after you receive a referral from smbd?

I opened the acct by phone.  But I could not get an acct # until I get the "pak", and probably mail the signature card back. 
A phone rep told me that I must open at a branch to get $200 bonus.  So I don't think I can make them give me the bonus.  But,  possibly like I said earlier make the 2 hour drive to find a HSBC branch.

rated:
pattyB said:   
iioossiidd said:   
pattyB said:   

I opened the acct by phone.  But I could not get an acct # until I get the "pak", and probably mail the signature card back. 
A phone rep told me that I must open at a branch to get $200 bonus.  So I don't think I can make them give me the bonus.  But,  possibly like I said earlier make the 2 hour drive to find a HSBC branch.

Patty and iioossiidd:
Can you explain the steps to get the bonus when opening the account in branch?
Waiting for iioossidd to send the code. I will use that and then refer spouse.

rated:
Go to the branch when you have a referral from smbd and tell them that you close/reopen the account if they do not apply the referral. The guy from my bank told me that can apply the referral later for my wife account (I should trust him? Or wait till I am able to access my account online and referr my wife?) Maybe wait, as the bank is 10 min away.

rated:
I don't know if FW mods allow me to post the link .... But ... Here you have it

rated:
1. Log-in to Personal Internet Banking to view your Share the Experience referral page and personalized referral code.

2. After you log-in to Personal Internet Banking, share your personalized referral code with friends by either:
providing them with your personalized referral code
printing the referral form

3. When your friend opens their new qualifying Premier or Advance checking account, they simply provide the banker with your personalized referral code at account opening. To receive credit for the referral, the new account can only be opened in an HSBC branch or over the phone.

4. Your referral bonus of $100 will be deposited to your qualifying HSBC Premier or HSBC Advance checking account within 8 weeks of your friend's account opening. Refer to the Rules and Requirements below.

rated:
1. Log-in to Personal Internet Banking to view your Share the Experience referral page and personalized referral code.

2. After you log-in to Personal Internet Banking, share your personalized referral code with friends by either:
providing them with your personalized referral code
printing the referral form

3. When your friend opens their new qualifying Premier or Advance checking account, they simply provide the banker with your personalized referral code at account opening. To receive credit for the referral, the new account can only be opened in an HSBC branch or over the phone.

4. Your referral bonus of $100 will be deposited to your qualifying HSBC Premier or HSBC Advance checking account within 8 weeks of your friend's account opening. Refer to the Rules and Requirements below.

rated:
I have noticed a lot of referral discussion in this thread. I want to remind everyone that there is a request a referral beta thread here.

rated:
so, opening the account over the phone qualify for referral bonus

rated:
govenar said:   For HSBC, can they originate an ACH pull for the opening deposit (e.g., to get money from UFB which can't do ACH pushes)?  And in general, at HSBC can you originate ACH pushes & pulls (any fees?)?

Note there's a $25 charge for closing each HSBC account within 180 days of opening (but the promo rate lasts longer than 6 months, so that shouldn't be a problem).

no fees for ACH pushes & pulls 

rated:
I know there has not been anything else as exciting in this thread for quite some time, but you guys should maybe start a separate HSBC discussion thread and just post a link to it in this thread.

rated:
govenar said:   For HSBC, can they originate an ACH pull for the opening deposit (e.g., to get money from UFB which can't do ACH pushes)?  And in general, at HSBC can you originate ACH pushes & pulls (any fees?)?

talked to the Rep, HSBC cannot do ACH "pulls" from an external accounts. So you can't fund your account from UFB if it can't do ACH pushes

rated:

rated:
konber said: talked to the Rep, HSBC cannot do ACH "pulls" from an external accounts. So you can't fund your account from UFB if it can't do ACH pushes

That is definitely not true. HSBC can pull from external accounts just fine.

Edit: ah, missed the context. You can do ACH pulls once the account is open, but possibly not for initial deposit.

rated:
scripta said:   I know there has not been anything else as exciting in this thread for quite some time, but you guys should maybe start a separate HSBC discussion thread and just post a link to it in this thread.
  I don't know how to open a new thread and link it to this one.  I would like someone to do so.

rated:
pattyB said:   
scripta said:   I know there has not been anything else as exciting in this thread for quite some time, but you guys should maybe start a separate HSBC discussion thread and just post a link to it in this thread.
  I don't know how to open a new thread and link it to this one.  I would like someone to do so.

Can any admin/moderator help with this?

rated:
quizzer25 said:   
pattyB said:   

Can any admin/moderator help with this?

Start a new thread here:  http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topicnew.php?catid=52

Wish I had 6 figures to throw in a savings account that doesn't even keep up with inflation.

rated:
iioossiidd said:   Go to the branch when you have a referral from smbd and tell them that you close/reopen the account if they do not apply the referral. The guy from my bank told me that can apply the referral later for my wife account (I should trust him? Or wait till I am able to access my account online and referr my wife?) Maybe wait, as the bank is 10 min away.
  Just back after opening the account in branch. I was told the userid will come in an email and password in text.
Can somebody who opened the account in branch confirm if its a soft or hard credit pull?

rated:
deleted due to double post

rated:
rifleman940 said:   
doniam said:    I have had Ally for several years now and an quite happy with them.

Yup I'll go ahead and second this. If you don't have to do cash deposits on a regular basis, Ally is your best bet. Like others, I also keep a local (free) checking account at a local bank with $25 in it for ATM deposits and then ACH the money to Ally. If I really needed my Ally cash today I'd just wire it to the local bank and have it in an hour.

Ally does everything I want a bank to do:
- 0 ATM fees (i.e. unlimited ATM fee reimbursements paid monthly)
- 100% free checks
- deposit rates at or near the top of the market
- no minimum balances
- mobile check deposits with high limits
- free unlimited postage paid deposit envelopes
- 24 hour customer service
- free bill pay
- minimal fees - I've been with them since they became Ally and have never incurred any fees for anything

Except for brick and mortar service (which I have no need for), what else do you need from a bank?

A lot of people seem to be doing that, i.e. Use a BM bank for being a conduit to a smaller online bank.At what point would the big banks catch on to it and make it difficult (assuming they can?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1107108109110 111
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015