• filter:
  • 1109110111112 113
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
opened a Cpital one essential savings (1.10%) acct by depositing $10k.
bank mgr said till the end of the month (July), any new accts w/a $10k+ deposit get a $100 bonus.
Sweet! 

one bonus per person. so u cant open two essential savings accts.
but you and your wife can open one each.

rated:
Is there an online link to this offer? How long do you have to leave the $10k+ in? any link to account fees?

I do not see this in the Quick Summary on p1... is the bank account new?
I'd love to do this. Anyway to submit online or find out if avail nationally?

rated:
zjts said:   Is there an online link to this offer? How long do you have to leave the $10k+ in? any link to account fees?

I do not see this in the Quick Summary on p1... is the bank account new?
I'd love to do this. Anyway to submit online or find out if avail nationally?

Essential Savings is in-branch only.  The 1.10% rate expires after 6 months

rated:
Capital one 360 does have a nice savings bonus up to $500 - the interest rate is a little lower though at .75% but if you put the money in hold it there for 90 days and earn the bonus makes it is a pretty good deal.

https://home.capitalone360.com/lp-savingsbonus500?gclid=CKWTpuS2hccCFQ-raQodSiwO2g

rated:
Stega said:   Capital one 360 does have a nice savings bonus up to $500 - the interest rate is a little lower though at .75% but if you put the money in hold it there for 90 days and earn the bonus makes it is a pretty good deal.

https://home.capitalone360.com/lp-savingsbonus500?gclid=CKWTpuS2...

This is a 1% bonus given over a 90 day period.

rated:
Alliant CU Savings APY raised to 0.95%  

rated:
Everbank Promo rate is now 1.6% APY for checking (personal and small business) and MMA for the first six months.

Checking 
MMA 

rated:
Waffles said:   Everbank Promo rate is now 1.6% APY for checking (personal and small business) and MMA for the first six months.

Checking 
MMA 

Any experience with this bank?

rated:
I added some information for the banks at 0.95% and above. I added a few new banks. Radius Bank has a Hybrid account that has unlimited transactions, ATM rebates, and 1% interest for the portion of the balance over $2500. MyCBB checking at 0.79% and Bank5 Connect checking at 0.76% are two other interesting unlimited transaction accounts. Those should really be in a separate table and any accounts below 0.6% or so should be removed but I wasn't going to mess with the table that much.

rated:
From now until 10/15/15, you can sign up for a Discover Savings Account and receive a $100 bonus using offer code Save8715. $15000 must be deposited by 10/31/15. Bonus will post 30 days after funds are deposited. There is no direct link for the offer but you can search to find a few blogs that have more information. This isn't a great bank bonus offer but since the top accounts listed here are fairly identical, this could be a tiebreaker for which account to choose.

rated:
giantsfan2 said:   From now until 10/15/15, you can sign up for a Discover Savings Account and receive a $100 bonus using offer code Save8715. $15000 must be deposited by 10/31/15. Bonus will post 30 days after funds are deposited. There is no direct link for the offer but you can search to find a few blogs that have more information. This isn't a great bank bonus offer but since the top accounts listed here are fairly identical, this could be a tiebreaker for which account to choose.
Great! The 6 months hold on $15,000 in Chase is about to end in September. Time to move it....

If I already have Discover Checking, I assume I would be eligible for Discover savings, correct?

rated:
The Save8715 code terms say "Limited to new savings customers only."  Some blogs have claimed that you need to be a Discover cardholder but this is not in the terms of the coupon.

rated:
giantsfan2 said:   From now until 10/15/15, you can sign up for a Discover Savings Account and receive a $100 bonus using offer code Save8715. $15000 must be deposited by 10/31/15. Bonus will post 30 days after funds are deposited. There is no direct link for the offer but you can search to find a few blogs that have more information. This isn't a great bank bonus offer but since the top accounts listed here are fairly identical, this could be a tiebreaker for which account to choose.
  How long do they require the funds to stay in the account? Do they rescind the bonus if you withdraw the $15000 after 30 days?

rated:
I've uploaded the bonus terms.  There is no mention of any clawback or timeframe for withdrawing the funds.  Also note that when you use the code in the application it will have the October dates that I mentioned.

rated:
GE Capital Bank is being bought by Goldman Sachs. http://www.wsj.com/articles/general-electric-sells-ge-capital-ba...

No mention on possible rate changes in their FAQ.

rated:
Interesting...I have had a great experience with GE Capital. Great customer service and free outgoing wires

rated:
Anyone have experience with MySaving Direct?
Also, what is so bad about not being able to pull money out? Is this mostly needed when transferring money to another savings account somewhere else?

rated:
jsssm said:   Anyone have experience with MySaving Direct?
Also, what is so bad about not being able to pull money out? Is this mostly needed when transferring money to another savings account somewhere else?

It's a good bank, but there's a clause in ToS that says they can (per NY law) put a hold on withdrawal for a certain amount time...When I asked them about it, they said they've never had to do that in their entire history.

Other than that, they seem legit. 

rated:

It is Emigrant Bank in disguise, so be prepared for the interest rate to fall drastically at some arbitrary moment. Until that happens, enjoy the 1.25% and keep monitoring the account.  Be forewarned that all withdrawals must be initiated on their website, but transfer speeds appear to be quick. 

rated:

Be aware you can only push money out of this account. So if you try to enter your MySavingsDirect routing and account number for a credit card to pull money out of this account or if you try to use the routing and account number to have another one of your savings bank accounts pull money out of this account, these transactions will be denied and you may incur fees on the accounts that tried to pull money from this account. Since only one bank account can be linked that does not have checks (the initial funding one typically a HYS), be sure that is the one you would want to have the money go to when the time comes to pull the money out (e.g., do not close this linked account). A second account can be linked only if you can snail mail a paper check. This would be the only alternate account that you could push the money to when it comes time to pull the money out (again do not close this account  to avoid getting your money out via snail mail).

rated:

When you want to empty out the account, wait until the interest is posted at the end of the month. Otherwise, you won't get the accumulated interest for the month.

rated:
Where would be the best place (interest wise) to stash 100K for at least the next 6 months without having to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Thanks,

-Guru

rated:
Where would the best place (taste wise) to go out for dinner tonight without having to read through a bunch of reviews?

rated:
ListedGuru said:   Where would be the best place (interest wise) to stash 100K for at least the next 6 months without having to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Thanks,

-Guru

I will actually be doing similar, I am going with MySaving Direct because people above seem to give it good review. If you want something that will probably be more steady as far as APY, amex or ally seems like the way to go.

rated:
atikovi said:   Where would the best place (taste wise) to go out for dinner tonight without having to read through a bunch of reviews?

Just spread it out between banks, or within the bank. I believe each account is FDIC insured up to $250,000. And even within the same bank, if you have an account, and your wife has an account, and then you have a joint account, each individual account I believe is protected up to $250,000, and joint account is protected up to $500,000.... 

Someone who knows this stuff better, may be able to correct me. 

rated:
Stick with Barclays. It pays 1% and doesn't have the tricks that Emigrant does.

rated:
atikovi said:   Where would the best place (taste wise) to go out for dinner tonight without having to read through a bunch of reviews?
  Maxim's, Paris.

rated:
Amalgamated Bank is offering a promotional 1% APY rate on their business MMA for the first 6 months for deposits of $1,000 and greater. Branch locations appear to be around NYC and Los Angeles.

LINK 

rated:
just edited wiki - UFB down to 0.4% (been down for a while, but I just noticed it)

rated:
Which is the best account for keeping 50k for few months. I am still trying to find out ways to invest. I recently bought a car on loan with $16k loan. My loan interest rate is 2.2% for 60 months. Is it better to pay off this one considering there is no way I am going to make this much.

Thanks 

rated:
rustum said:   Which is the best account for keeping 50k for few months. I am still trying to find out ways to invest. I recently bought a car on loan with $16k loan. My loan interest rate is 2.2% for 60 months. Is it better to pay off this one considering there is no way I am going to make this much.

Thanks 

Yes.  $50k-16k=$36k
Put $5.5k in a Roth. $36k-$5.5k=$30.5k
If you want to put the rest in a savings account for only a few months, try Everbanks 1.6% rate

rated:
  Doing this one currently, funds have posted but I am reluctant on withdrawing them. May as well wait out the 30 days. The bad thing is before this offer came in the mail I had opened everbank with the 1.6% for 6months. Now I am kind of wasting 1 month of 6 months. Oh well..

rated:
-

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1109110111112 113
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015