• filter:
  • 1105106107108 109
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
marysm said:   The HighQ is up to 1.15% now. And they recently started a 15 month "Term Savings" (aka CD) deal at 1.65%. https://www.quorumfcu.org/savings
Quorum website said: High hopes need high dividends Savings with shared enthusiasm.

With a Quorum savings account, youíre getting a money-building plan thatís easy, automatic and designed for your needs. So the more money you save, the more money you earn. It's an easy decision.
Earn more from your money with these high dividend rates:
1.15% APY* with a liquid HighQ Savings account
1.65% APY* with a 15-month Term Savings account (new money only)

† Anybody has experience with Quorum?

rated:
It's funny...they are actually a very good credit union but their internet banking is about the worst i have every seen and their mobile app is pretty bad too...so, if you can deal with that, they are ok otherwise...

rated:
craig10x said:   It's funny...they are actually a very good credit union but their internet banking is about the worst i have every seen and their mobile app is pretty bad too...so, if you can deal with that, they are ok otherwise...
† Craig,

I'm amazed by your knowledge and experience with bank and credit unions. Reagrding quorum, do you feel they will maintain decent rates like Alliant and unlike UFB?
I dont do mobile banking, for the internet (web) transactions, is it easy to start and do ACH transactions?
Any points to keep in mind before opening an account there like Hard Pulls, holds etc?

TIA

rated:
marysm said:   The HighQ is up to 1.15% now. And they recently started a 15 month "Term Savings" (aka CD) deal at 1.65%. https://www.quorumfcu.org/savings
Quorum website said: High hopes need high dividends Savings with shared enthusiasm.

With a Quorum savings account, youíre getting a money-building plan thatís easy, automatic and designed for your needs. So the more money you save, the more money you earn. It's an easy decision.

† The 1.65% savings account ended today.

rated:
I don't see a "Term Savings" deal at 1.65%. Am I missing something?

rated:
@quizzer25: †Thanks for the compliment...I can't quite recall how their ach system was...certainly their atm coverage is very good, in regarding to surcharge free networks and rebates as well (if you have QChoice Checking but that requires direct deposit)...they will probably be good as far as rates with their High Q Savings (unlike UFB) but the CD is a promotional thing...I thought their Online Banking interface though (and to be honest) is one of the worst i have ever seen...a shame, because they are actually a very nice CU, otherwise...

@ patty: that's a promotional 15 month CD that had the 1.65% apy...not savings...the High Q savings was 1.05% for quite a few months and they just raised it to 1.15% apy...
The CD promotion must have ended...not seeing it anymore on their website...

rated:
fatweah said:   

† Argh! I just joined this week. I called yesterday and asked how long that deal was running and the rep said he expected it to go on for awhile. I was still waiting for my external account links to verify before opening the CD.

rated:
marysm said:   
fatweah said:   

† Argh! I just joined this week. I called yesterday and asked how long that deal was running and the rep said he expected it to go on for awhile. I was still waiting for my external account links to verify before opening the CD.

† Do you know if its a hard or soft pull for opening savings account?

rated:
quizzer25 said:   † Do you know if its a hard or soft pull for opening savings account?
† My credit reports are frozen. No hard pull.

rated:
marysm said:   
quizzer25 said:   † Do you know if its a hard or soft pull for opening savings account?
† My credit reports are frozen. No hard pull.

† Thanks for the quick response.

Is the soft pull for savings account or CD?
Is there a signature card requirement to be mailed after account opening?
Hows your experience with online banking and ACH transfers (holds) in general?

rated:

† Is there an easy way to add a new row to the table in the main post?

rated:
quizzer25 said:   
sfchris said:   As bluechalk pointed out in the main thread, UFB fell to 1.1% today.
† UFB down to 0.95% †today. Thinking of moving to a bank with stable rate.

Hows GE capital bank and Barclays? I know they have 1.05 and 1% rates with no hard pulls and ACH in and out.

Does any of these banks have a signature card requirement that needs to be signed and paper mailed?
Any difference in the amount that can be pushed or pulled? For example Alliant has 100K/day limit.

Thanks

Been with Barclays since last August.† Went there when they were at 0.9% and since then have moved up to 1.0%.† No issues whatsoever.† I don't remember having to mail in anything.† In fact, I do remember being quite impressed with how easy the process was to open an account online.† Have since shifted some funds internally to their 2.25% 5 yr (6 mo early withdrawal penalty).† That was completed also in minutes.† Highly recommend.

rated:
I don't yet have my "welcome packet" so, I don't know if there is a signature card waiting for me. I called them to get my account number after I got my welcome email so I could get moving on setting up my online banking. The test deposits took two days. I just setup my first real pull transfer this morning, hoping it will come through tomorrow. Can report back later. I now have two HighQ accounts and, seeing as my credit reports are frozen, no pull needed. I have to wait until the funds clear before opening any CDs. (The 15 mo deal is gone, but they have an 11 month at 1.25% and a 25 month at 1.5%. Will prob do one of those.)

rated:
marysm said:   I don't yet have my "welcome packet" so, I don't know if there is a signature card waiting for me. I called them to get my account number after I got my welcome email so I could get moving on setting up my online banking. The test deposits took two days. I just setup my first real pull transfer this morning, hoping it will come through tomorrow. Can report back later. I now have two HighQ accounts and, seeing as my credit reports are frozen, no pull needed. I have to wait until the funds clear before opening any CDs. (The 15 mo deal is gone, but they have an 11 month at 1.25% and a 25 month at 1.5%. Will prob do one of those.)
† Thanks.

I also called the Cus svc number a few minutes back. She said opening the account has a hard pull.†
I know you mentioned there is no hard pull. I'm confused.

rated:
gheldean said:   

† Is there an easy way to add a new row to the table in the main post?

† Use the "source" view and cut and paste the line above and change the text, then preview your change. Or just post here what change needs to be made.

Just remember that the bank you add must be available to everyone and not a rewards account that requires a certain number of transactions a month.

rated:
quizzer25 said:   † Thanks.

I also called the Cus svc number a few minutes back. She said opening the account has a hard pull.†

† Hum. Well, I started the account opening process online on the 13th, I think, with the account opening email arriving on 3/17. My report freezes were temporarily lifted (for 30 days for a refi) recently, but should have refrozen as of 3/11. It is possible whichever bureau they use was slow to refreeze, but I doubt it. Since I plan to move the majority of my liquid fund to these accounts, I guess I was not worried about it. I am not an authority, but my limited research made me think most banks *don't* do hard pulls, at least not for savings accounts.

rated:
marysm said:   

† Hum. Well, I started the account opening process online on the 13th, I think, with the account opening email arriving on 3/17. My report freezes were temporarily lifted (for 30 days for a refi) recently, but should have refrozen as of 3/11. It is possible whichever bureau they use was slow to refreeze, but I doubt it. Since I plan to move the majority of my liquid fund to these accounts, I guess I was not worried about it. I am not an authority, but my limited research made me think most banks *don't* do hard pulls, at least not for savings accounts.

† You are right for most of the banks that they do only a soft pull for savings accounts.

There are are a few credit unions that do hard pull - alliant is one.

I want to confirm with others who opened quorum savings account recently.

rated:

Incredible bank (River Valley Bank)
The following error number will help us to identify and correct the problem:
ddeae896-b6bb-4220-a0c3-5e7356cffd74 friday 3-20-15 3am MST
The system is currently not available. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Anyone else getting this? Anyone see advance noification of this?
https://www.incrediblebank.com/
https://www.netteller.com/login2008/Authentication/Views/Login.a...

rated:
quizzer25 said:   
marysm said:   

† You are right for most of the banks that they do only a soft pull for savings accounts.

There are are a few credit unions that do hard pull - alliant is one.

I want to confirm with others who opened quorum savings account recently.

† I'd may, if not most, credit unions do a hard pull when opening up a new membership.

rated:
stanolshefski said:   † I'd may, if not most, credit unions do a hard pull when opening up a new membership.
† Well, once my refi is done, I'll be checking my reports. I'll try to remember to report back what I find.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1105106107108 109
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015