• 1108109110111 112
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
SFGI 1.01% -> 1.06%

rated:
Which bank has the most stable yield within recent history?I've been out of the online saving scene for a while... I was about to bite on Emigrant's savings but good thing I read this thread first! All I could remember was shifting money from ING to Emigrant and then to HSBC and then everything turned to crap around 2007. I rather have a relatively modest yield that's consistent vs. the HSBC 1.5% account that is essentially a 6-month 1.5% CD without penalty (still a relatively great rate, I admit).

And also HSBC's 1.5% rate ties in with a checking account with a minimum balance... a bit of hassle if you ask me.

rated:
Barclays (response to above post)

rated:
Man...HSBC is the most inquisitive bank application I've ever done in my life - and I've applied for many accounts...

They want to know - the source of funds, previous occupation, where you worked, what position you had, name/address of employer, how much I'll be spending, HOW I'll be spending, how much I'll be depositing, when I'll be depositing, with which method I'll be depositing, how I plan on keeping the monthly minimum balance, and lots more...

...WTF?!

rated:
Pretty typical of a lot of FIs these days...

rated:
debentureboy said:   Pretty typical of a lot of FIs these days...

No...well at least the regional banks in my area are pretty straightforward. They just ask for name, address, SSN, DoB, ID details and do a soft (Chex) credit pull....that's about it.

rated:
Anyone used MySavingsDirect ? They advertise 1.25% APY but I'd like to know how easy/difficult it is to move money out of it when they lower rates. A simple ACH pull from my origin checking account works?

Any caveats I should be worried out?

rated:
Synchrony Bank - not so good so far.

Unable to complete application online because they said I was a previous customer, so I had to call to go through the entire process again.
It turns out I was a "prior customer" because I once had a MetLife Bank account (who they acquired)

Opened a money market and a saving account, so they sent me two signature cards. I signed and sent both back in same envelope (same address)
They now tell me they need a signature card for my savings account, but they got the one for my money market - WTF ?
I signed, scanned, and sent a pdf via secure messaging, and did not even get a reply.

I called and they said they needed a signature on file, so I asked
"what about the one for the money market account or the previous MetLife account ?"
They agree, punch some stuff in the computer and say everything is taken care of.
As of today my savings account is still frozen with an available balance of $0.00
I'm going to mail another signature card in and see if that helps, calling or email has not helped, so far.

rated:
I thought I recalled that MySavingsDirect restricted or charged for ACH pulls from another bank. Worth double checking if that is important to you.

rated:
I just got an alert from Mint that my 1% Essential Savings dropped to .15%.

Wow Capital One, you really suck

rated:
Minoritydan said:   I just got an alert from Mint that my 1% Essential Savings dropped to .15%.

Ha. You should check out Chase.

rated:
Essential Savings Rates

Essential Savings account rates by account balance amount

6 month Promotional rate /Standard Annual Percentage Yield (APY)

$0.01 $10,000.00 0.10%/ 0.10%
$10,000.01 $100,000.00 1.10% /0.15%
$100,000.01 $1,000,000.00 1.10% /0.25%
$1,000,000.01 and greater 0.40%/ 0.25%

APYs are effective as of 06/11/15.

Capital One FINALLY posted their regular savings rates on their website.

rated:
hoops77 said:   Barclays (response to above post)

Thanks for the suggestion. Opened an account. ID verification was a little annoying but gone through no problem.

rated:
Minoritydan said:   I just got an alert from Mint that my 1% Essential Savings dropped to .15%.

My did the same think last month. I went into a branch and they were able to extend the promo rate by closing the existing account and opening a new one.

rated:
I am still with Redneck, but I am annoyed with the 10 transactions. Is there a checking account with a similar interest rate that doesn't have the 10 transaction requirement? I appreciate the refund on ATM but when I miss the 10 transaction is a mess.

rated:
updated, connexus requires 15 transactions.

rated:
larkin said:   

My did the same think last month. I went into a branch and they were able to extend the promo rate by closing the existing account and opening a new one.

I called the branch that extended this for me last time and asked about retaining offers.

I have added 10k over the six months, so I will see how bad they want to retain my account, I am guessing they won't offer much and I'll move it elsewhere.

rated:
Minoritydan said:   
larkin said:   

I called the branch that extended this for me last time and asked about retaining offers.

I have added 10k over the six months, so I will see how bad they want to retain my account, I am guessing they won't offer much and I'll move it elsewhere.

After my rate expired I was offered .08%. Moved my money to BBVA.

rated:
exclusivelysid said:   Man...HSBC is the most inquisitive bank application I've ever done in my life - and I've applied for many accounts...

They want to know - the source of funds, previous occupation, where you worked, what position you had, name/address of employer, how much I'll be spending, HOW I'll be spending, how much I'll be depositing, when I'll be depositing, with which method I'll be depositing, how I plan on keeping the monthly minimum balance, and lots more...

...WTF?!

Yes, they were caught doing a lot of money laundering so I guess they now care where the money is coming from. I used to have an account before and decided not to go with them because of their money laundering past because if you thought banks were getting harder to get accounts at since the patriot act, well HSBC has got to have that process beat by a mile..........

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1108109110111 112
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015