• filter:
  • 1102103104105 106
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I see UFB direct saving giving 1.25% AP,  any hidden clause to worry about ? I am currently parked my money at another bank at .90% APY

rated:
mkha said:   I see UFB direct saving giving 1.25% AP,  any hidden clause to worry about ? I am currently parked my money at another bank at .90% APY
  no this is a good deal but rate could change at any time keep watching it on https://www.ufbdirect.com/Personal-Banking/banking-rates and report immediately if it changes!

rated:
If I didn't have two other banks with the same rate, I'd jump on it. Probably a minimum balance requirement is all.

rated:
atikovi said:   If I didn't have two other banks with the same rate, I'd jump on it. Probably a minimum balance requirement is all.
  what are the other 2 banks?

rated:
AugustFour said:   
atikovi said:   If I didn't have two other banks with the same rate, I'd jump on it. Probably a minimum balance requirement is all.
  what are the other 2 banks?

Trying to avoid the Fatwallet effect by naming names but one of them was mentioned on the previous page and the other one is a major bank that shouldn't be hard to figure out.

rated:
I do not think that it worths the trouble to open an acct with them..unless you have more than 50K to deposit..

rated:
I used to have a UFB account and had no problem with them, but they dropped their rate precipitously and forced me to move. I'm tempted to transfer my funds for Alliant CU, a former darling of this forum, since they have been really dragging with their APR, but I just don't trust UFB not to pull the rug out from under me again.

rated:
Anyone know how to sort the list? It is out of order since some lower rates have been updated to higher rates.

rated:
AugustFour said:   
mkha said:   I see UFB direct saving giving 1.25% AP,  any hidden clause to worry about ? I am currently parked my money at another bank at .90% APY
  no this is a good deal but rate could change at any time keep watching it on https://www.ufbdirect.com/Personal-Banking/banking-rates and report immediately if it changes!

NOT TRUE!  There is a hidden clause in their T&C.

If you read their FAQ and google UFB reviews, you will see that they limit outgoing transfers to $5k per month.  This account is more like a CD than a savings account.  If you have $25k on deposit and want to withdrawal $10K, you cannot do so without closing your account.  You also will lose your last month's interest when you close your account.

rated:
cantstop said:   
  NOT TRUE!  There is a hidden clause in their T&C.

If you read their FAQ and google UFB reviews, you will see that they limit outgoing transfers to $5k per month.  This account is more like a CD than a savings account.  If you have $25k on deposit and want to withdrawal $10K, you cannot do so without closing your account.  You also will lose your last month's interest when you close your account.

You can always use another bank to pull that $10K out. My Capital One account limits outgoing transfers to $5k per month but have no problem pulling $50K out with an AmTrust account.

rated:
With Fidelity you can withdraw up to $100K per day.

rated:
The same with Alliant CU, $100K per day. I'm using UFB as long as they keep their savings rate 1.25%.

rated:
BBVA has a guaranteed 1% MM until 12/2015.
http://www.bbvacompass.com/special/201404/money-market/

rated:
Jim1504 said:   BBVA has a guaranteed 1% MM until 12/2015.

I believe BBVA 1% offer has been around for a few months. I wonder if this has been discussed separately in other threads?

rated:
A huge disappointment with UFB Direct. I opened a account last weekend and still not funded yet. They made the ACH trial deposits but didn't send out a email with the link to verify the same. I had to call and now they send me the link but I get a error message even though my values are correct. They are closed over the weekend.

rated:
I made my ACH deposits out of Alliant CU into UFB Direct. You need to go through another establishment and they will make the 1/2 small deposits into UFB Direct.
Then you follow up at the outside establishment and verify the amount of the small deposits & manage the account. It takes a couple days to complete the process. With Alliant CU the ACH deposit into UFB takes only 2 days.

rated:
If you have a large amount parked, then you can always request a wire transfer out for the full amount the same day the interest rate is dropped.

rated:
1.25% is pretty darn good compared to the alternatives out there...how come only 1 bank offers such a (relatively) high rate? What's the catch? Just that they limit outgoing transfers from their end? And interest is not compounded daily?

I applied online and got a message stating "they will review the application" and get back to me...they are closed over the weekend

rated:
hbasavar said:   They are closed over the weekend.

A bank? Who'd a thunk?

rated:
Looks like Synchrony Bank (formerly "GE Capital Retail Bank"/"MetLife Bank") interest rate increased to 1%.

rated:
Jim1504 said:   BBVA has a guaranteed 1% MM until 12/2015.

Requires BBVA checking account.  Offer good until 12/31/14.  Requires "new" money (money not already on deposit with BBVA).

rated:
atikovi said:   
hbasavar said:   They are closed over the weekend.

A bank? Who'd a thunk?

I wouldn't have have "thunk" considering it's an internet bank.

FYI - Ally, BarclaysUS, CITBank, Discover Bank are all open on weekends. Almost all "internet only" banks are open on weekends (and 24x7).

rated:
I submitted my application with UFB direct with all the details and after 2 days they are asking for my driving license copy to mail or fax them, I was thinking to move all my parked money from Barclays and use ACH pull if they reduce the interest from 1.25% but after reading their reviews I am thinking to turn this down now. 

rated:
I had a large CD that just matured. I'm putting most of the returns into a 2% 15mo CD.(Service CU)
The remaider will go into UFB Direct Savings. Can't beat 1.25% for liquid funds.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1102103104105 106
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014