• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
indymac EMM dropped to 3.70% APY or less from 4.00% APY or less

rated:
Made the following changes in Quick Summary:
  • Above mentioned IndyMac change,
  • The drop in Countrywide Savingslink from 3.65 to 3.55
  • Also changed the first table's headers from a bold font to underline, as bold font wasn't being rendered in an aligned (i.e. real "fixed-width") fashion with the actual columns in my IE based browser. If the majority was using some other browser, and it worked fine for them, let me know, and I'll change it back.

rated:
Thanks for the heads-up on the drop in the Countrywide SavingsLink APY to 3.55%.

Must be the BofA effect.

(edited to add link)

rated:
it's official - no more indymac

rated:
indymac siezed by FDIC, bit of info in the WSJ free sample.

rated:
"Smart Money" has a list of best savings rates (not including Countrywide or Indymac).

Speaking of IndyMac, here's the official word from the FDIC. It looks like we get to keep our CD interest rates a while longer.

rated:
I'm sorry if this is a repost. Just noticed this:

Costco Savings @ 3.75% for $10k min
Costco MMA 3.20% for 100 min

edit: mins

rated:
gwu1986 said: I'm sorry if this is a repost. Just noticed this:

Just signed up for the Capital One/Costco Savings. Sign up was easy, I already had a Costco MMA with them. This seems like the best rate going right now at 3.75%.

rated:
missinglink said: gwu1986 said: I'm sorry if this is a repost. Just noticed this:

Just signed up for the Capital One/Costco Savings. Sign up was easy, I already had a Costco MMA with them. This seems like the best rate going right now at 3.75%.

Sounds good...though Alliant CU Savings is also 3.75% apy with only a $100 min balance........

rated:
deleted

rated:
missinglink said: gwu1986 said: I'm sorry if this is a repost. Just noticed this:

Last month I opened the new Capitol One savings and am sure I can just call them and give my Costco number to get it changed. I did that a couple years ago when I had a MMA and learned of the better rate offered to Costco members

rated:
Looks like Indymac needs to go back on, New rates as of 7/14
Money Market

Online E-Money Market

Balance Interest Rate APY

$1,000 - $9,999 3.05% 3.10%
$10,000 - $24,999 3.25% 3.30%
$25,000 - $49,999 3.59% 3.65%
$50,000 - $74,999 3.63% 3.70%
$75,000 - $99,999 3.63% 3.70%
$100,000 - $249,999 3.63% 3.70%

rated:
What happened to the FW Indymac disscussion forum? Just when we need it most it gets removed?

rated:
atikovi said: What happened to the FW Indymac disscussion forum? Just when we need it most it gets removed?

You mean this one?

rated:
ThursdaysChild said: atikovi said: What happened to the FW Indymac disscussion forum? Just when we need it most it gets removed?

You mean this one?

What he probably means is the Indymac line in the quick summary was removed and of course the link to the discussion thread. I've added it back.

If you make changes to the QS post what you've changed.

rated:
mhesidence said: If you make changes to the QS post what you've changed.
Added Capital One Costco Saving yesterday. was going to add IMB today, but you were faster.

rated:
I think this one is new (different bank from UFB Direct):

3.50% APY
Union Federal Savings Bank
http://www.unionfsb.com/money-market.html

Don't see a thread. Anyone else tried it?

rated:
Nice find. Now I gotta get a costco membership.

rated:
OLEOLEOLEO said: I think this one is new (different bank from UFB Direct):

3.50% APY
Union Federal Savings Bank
http://www.unionfsb.com/money-market.html

Don't see a thread. Anyone else tried it?

BankDeals has an article about it today.

rated:
Anyone have experience with OnBank? It's the internet branch of M & T based in Buffalo, NY. Current MM rate is 3.50%.

rated:
Washington Mutual (WAMU) is offering an in-branch NEW MONEY SPECIAL

4.00% APY - $25K+ (money market savings w/ check-writing capabilities)

It's a 1.12% bonus to WAMU's money market APR

[EDIT]

rated:
OneUnited down to 3.26%

rated:
Zions Bank 3.53%->3.45%

rated:
6% and more in UK

Because I have an address in the UK as well as in the US, I have an Instant Access Savings Account with Bank of Scotland. It's paying 6.5% right now.

rated:
nationwide mm up to 3.5%, open by oct.3rd with code MM080716 for a $25 bonus

rated:
I tried the offer code for Nationwide, but it didn't work.

rated:
Corus Bank Ultimate MM now 3.56% (was 3.62)

rated:
IrishTomBunny said: 6% and more in UK

Because I have an address in the UK as well as in the US, I have an Instant Access Savings Account with Bank of Scotland. It's paying 6.5% right now.

Seems Americans are not eligible

rated:
Account eligibility

Bank of Scotland Instant Access Savings Account (Standard and Reward) - UK resident personal customers aged 11+

rated:
delete

rated:
Hyde Park Savings Bank (www.hydeparkbank.com) has a new savings account deal; 3.50% APY guaranteed until 12/31/08. Saw this in a local newspaper today. Shows the rate on the website but not a lot of info; however the ad said in small print that the rate was "good through 12/31 and subject to change AFTER 12/31". This bank is noted for having really good deals every so often.

rated:
IrishTomBunny said: 6% and more in UK

*sarcastic golf clap*

This is not Nationally available.

rated:
astrologer said: Hyde Park Savings Bank (www.hydeparkbank.com) has a new savings account deal; 3.50% APY guaranteed until 12/31/08. Saw this in a local newspaper today. Shows the rate on the website but not a lot of info; however the ad said in small print that the rate was "good through 12/31 and subject to change AFTER 12/31". This bank is noted for having really good deals every so often.
Have done some of their specials CDs and they are a good bank, But I know those CDs were only for MA customers so probably the same for this

rated:
scott1961 said: astrologer said: Hyde Park Savings Bank (www.hydeparkbank.com) has a new savings account deal; 3.50% APY guaranteed until 12/31/08. Saw this in a local newspaper today. Shows the rate on the website but not a lot of info; however the ad said in small print that the rate was "good through 12/31 and subject to change AFTER 12/31". This bank is noted for having really good deals every so often.
Have done some of their specials CDs and they are a good bank, But I know those CDs were only for MA customers so probably the same for this

Scott1961, looks like you're right. According to BankDeals

"This appears to be limited to Massachusetts residents. The bank has offered many internet special CDs in the past, and the online application specfically restricts accounts to MA residents. This savings account promotion doesn't appear to be available in the online application, so a branch visit may be required."

If anyone finds out that the rest of us can get this account, please let us know!

rated:
Bank Of The Carolinas (www.bankofthecarolinas.com) has a new savings account deal; 4.00% APY guaranteed until 6/30/09. Saw this on Bank Deals today. Shows the rate on the website but not a lot of info; however a branch visit is necessary. Branches are located in the North Carolina cities of Winston-Salem, Mocksville, Lexington, Landis, King, Harrisburg, Concord, Cleveland, Asheboro and Advance. 4.5% Rewards account available online.

rated:
Connexus down to 3.51%, edited quick summary. Delete?

rated:
Don't know if anyone has come accross this website, but it is pretty decent to find decent rates that are close to you.
Checking Finder

rated:
I tried the Checking Finder, nice.
Is there a Finder for MM Savings or CD rates?

rated:
dorani51 said: Bank Of The Carolinas (www.bankofthecarolinas.com) has a new savings account deal; 4.00% APY guaranteed until 6/30/09. Saw this on Bank Deals today. Shows the rate on the website but not a lot of info; however a branch visit is necessary. Branches are located in the North Carolina cities of Winston-Salem, Mocksville, Lexington, Landis, King, Harrisburg, Concord, Cleveland, Asheboro and Advance. 4.5% Rewards account available online.

Thanks

rated:
scott1961 said: Last month I opened the new Capitol One savings and am sure I can just call them and give my Costco number to get it changed. I did that a couple years ago when I had a MMA and learned of the better rate offered to Costco members

Were you able to get the account opening bonus for Costco members?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 112 13 141516105
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014