• 1464465466467 468
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Thanks.

rated:
I did not see this thread earlier.

FYI, I did a fixed 15 year for 3.125% in June with BB&T with $250 origination fee + $1300 (includes all mortgage fees + appraisal fee).

We closed on a our house in Texas with no issues from BB&T bank. Absolutely satisfied with their service.

rated:
MBS -7/32s (off low of -10/32s). FNMA 3.5 @ 101-18/32. September continues to remain unfriendly to rates.

rated:
Hi,
Looking to refi my rental property in California. Any help from FW mortgage professionals ?

rated:
Anyone use PenFed? Their rates look better than Provident at the moment. In my experience Provident is always the lowest.

rated:
MBS +4/32s

rated:
I recently got a 7/1 ARM 80/20 LTV @ 3.125% from JP Morgan. I'm in California.

rated:
nileshd said:   Hi,
Looking to refi my rental property in California. Any help from FW mortgage professionals ?

Hello. You should specify what sort of help you are looking for and what your situation is to get folks to chime in. I am in the same boat, refi rental in Cali. I have a loan for my residence with Wells so am going to them first to see what it looks like then may shop around a bit. It does look like PenFed does not extend most of their home loan products for rentals which is a bummer. Good luck, let's share notes if you want. 

rated:
I've less than 2 years left on my rental property for  5/1. So trying to see what is current rate and cost for refi. Loan amount 300k.

rated:
MBS +4/32s

FOMC looming in a few hours.

rated:
Sorry for cross-posting from the PenFed thread but has anyone tried to get 3 mortgages from PenFed (or theoretically 3 separate 1st mortgages from another lender)? The current terms aren't as attractive as our current 2 homes with their 5/5 mortgages (2.375% and 2.75%) but still good deals compared to Navy Federal/USAA/Justice, etc. Both of our earlier homes were primary residences at the times we got their respective mortgages from PenFed and our newest home will also be our newest primary residence. We are military and move often (actually we usually rent but this will have been our 3rd house over 6 moves in a 17 year career and we haven't sold either of our other two homes because they have been nice investments/rentals and are appreciating).

This would be a "3rd" 1st mortgage-- all have pretty legit equity though and we can put 20% down on the newest one too though we'd prefer to put less down. I worry about penfed's underwriters being grumpy that neither of their earlier mortgages they granted us are still our primary home but since they are penfed meaning Pentagon I would assume this happens with the military fairly often, still, I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts about this scenario for PenFed or other banks. Thanks in advance.

rated:
didja said:   Sorry for cross-posting from the PenFed thread but has anyone tried to get 3 mortgages from PenFed (or theoretically 3 separate 1st mortgages from another lender)? The current terms aren't as attractive as our current 2 homes with their 5/5 mortgages (2.375% and 2.75%) but still good deals compared to Navy Federal/USAA/Justice, etc. Both of our earlier homes were primary residences at the times we got their respective mortgages from PenFed and our newest home will also be our newest primary residence. We are military and move often (actually we usually rent but this will have been our 3rd house over 6 moves in a 17 year career and we haven't sold either of our other two homes because they have been nice investments/rentals and are appreciating).

This would be a "3rd" 1st mortgage-- all have pretty legit equity though and we can put 20% down on the newest one too though we'd prefer to put less down. I worry about penfed's underwriters being grumpy that neither of their earlier mortgages they granted us are still our primary home but since they are penfed meaning Pentagon I would assume this happens with the military fairly often, still, I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts about this scenario for PenFed or other banks. Thanks in advance.

I doubt they care since they don't service the loan. Please do share your experience as I am on number two myself.

rated:
MBS -4/32s

Mostly dovish Fed, but reaction was negative.

rated:
pillsdoughboy1 said:   didja said:   Sorry for cross-posting from the PenFed thread but has anyone tried to get 3 mortgages from PenFed (or theoretically 3 separate 1st mortgages from another lender)? The current terms aren't as attractive as our current 2 homes with their 5/5 mortgages (2.375% and 2.75%) but still good deals compared to Navy Federal/USAA/Justice, etc. Both of our earlier homes were primary residences at the times we got their respective mortgages from PenFed and our newest home will also be our newest primary residence. We are military and move often (actually we usually rent but this will have been our 3rd house over 6 moves in a 17 year career and we haven't sold either of our other two homes because they have been nice investments/rentals and are appreciating).

I doubt they care since they don't service the loan. Please do share your experience as I am on number two myself.

They didn't sell my mortgages so they still service them and I'd assume that they care. I'm going to start with Navy Federal and see how it works out but I'll post updates for anyone interested.

rated:
being offered 4.625 on a duplex, second property. Good deal? In NJ

rated:
finally closed on 5/5 ARM on a $247000 mortgage with no closing cost @ 3.5% APR from  Penfed . Penfed paid $1,580.5 in closing cost . Here is what i paid
TRANSFER TAXES $308.0
GOVERNMENT RECORDING CHARGES $115.0
OWNER'S TILE INSURANCE TO SERVICELINK  $870.
DAILY INTERST CHARGES FROM 09/82014 TO 10/12014 @ $23.956 $550.98
INTIAL DEPOSIT FOR YOUR ESCROW ACOUNT O PENTAGON FEDRAL CREDIT UNION $662.9

bad experience was poor customer support and response times from mortgage processor .

rated:
MBS +2/32s

Been mostly red all day tho

rated:
malasv said:   finally closed on 5/5 ARM on a $247000 mortgage with no closing cost @ 3.5% APR from  Penfed . Penfed paid $1,580.5 in closing cost . Here is what i paid
TRANSFER TAXES $308.0
GOVERNMENT RECORDING CHARGES $115.0
OWNER'S TILE INSURANCE TO SERVICELINK  $870.
DAILY INTERST CHARGES FROM 09/82014 TO 10/12014 @ $23.956 $550.98
INTIAL DEPOSIT FOR YOUR ESCROW ACOUNT O PENTAGON FEDRAL CREDIT UNION $662.9

bad experience was poor customer support and response times from mortgage processor .

Good for you!

As far as PENFED, what you experienced is usually the norm for most applications. They do need work with the timing, communication and speed to process loans faster.

rated:
MBS +2/32

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1464465466467 468
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014