• filter:
  • 1468469470471 472
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Try Chase which has rate match and/or rate negotiation (.25- or greater) and 1% CashBack on loan payments with linked bank account (roughly -0.125%). You can negotiate down their origination fees too.

rated:
aqan said:   Any recommendations for 30 yr fixed mortgage ? Pe fed closing costs are too high for fixed rate.
  PenFed just dropped their rate to 3.75%.

rated:
sigh, i locked last week at 3.875% with penfed. 3.75% is the lowest I've seen besides that 1 day spoke in early oct.

rated:
Well I'd argue that the 5/5 is the best deal regardless. No origination charge, and the after tax payments have a breakeven NPV around year 13. Of course that's with my own set of assumptions (33% marginal tax rate, max reset rate on the ARM, etc.)

rated:
MBS -1/32s currently, after opening +5

rated:
Once again opened high, around +6/32s, and currently trading near flat currently. +1/32s

Fed Minutes tomorrow, CPI and Claims Thursday, as far as big ticket data on horizon

rated:
Ask Penfed to premium price the loan to absorb the 1% and see where the chips fall.

rated:
Penfed sucks as per my personal experience. IT used to be good few years ago but now they are just another useless bank (or credit union).

rated:
MBS -7/32

rated:
chaddi said:   Penfed sucks as per my personal experience. IT used to be good few years ago but now they are just another useless bank (or credit union).

Would you mind sharing your experience?
Thanks

rated:
MBS -4/32
FNMA 3.5 @ 103-17/32

rated:
pillsdoughboy1 said:   didja said:   Sorry for cross-posting from the PenFed thread but has anyone tried to get 3 mortgages from PenFed (or theoretically 3 separate 1st mortgages from another lender)? The current terms aren't as attractive as our current 2 homes with their 5/5 mortgages (2.375% and 2.75%) but still good deals compared to Navy Federal/USAA/Justice, etc. Both of our earlier homes were primary residences at the times we got their respective mortgages from PenFed and our newest home will also be our newest primary residence. We are military and move often (actually we usually rent but this will have been our 3rd house over 6 moves in a 17 year career and we haven't sold either of our other two homes because they have been nice investments/rentals and are appreciating).

This would be a "3rd" 1st mortgage-- all have pretty legit equity though and we can put 20% down on the newest one too though we'd prefer to put less down. I worry about penfed's underwriters being grumpy that neither of their earlier mortgages they granted us are still our primary home but since they are penfed meaning Pentagon I would assume this happens with the military fairly often, still, I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts about this scenario for PenFed or other banks. Thanks in advance.

I doubt they care since they don't service the loan. Please do share your experience as I am on number two myself.

As follow-up, closed last week with Navy Federal on a 3rd unique first mortgage (this most recent is my primary home though) so it can be done.

rated:
How is loan market today? Have rates gone down from yesterday?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1468469470471 472
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014