• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw it in OC Register today:

"You can join Patriots Federal Credit Union. Act today and receive a FREE Credit Union Membership and a FREE gift valued at $30 when you open a new account."

"FREE Gift is a one year subcription to The Journal for Success in Aging with Diane Alexander Patterson, MSG, Valued at $29.95 annually."

PATRIOTS
Federal Credit Union
(714) 285-0601
431 North Tustin Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705.

Member Summary
Website
Membership Requirements
Tollfree: (877) 877-2177

In order to join Patriots FCU, you must either:

* live or work in Southern California
* be a member of one of our eligible organizations
* be an employee of any of these eligible businesses, or a relative of anyone
who is eligible because of his or her association with the organization or business,
whether or not the associated person is a member, and regardless of where you live.

Savings are Federally Insured to $100,000 (IRA accounts are insured up to
$250,000) by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
For account balances in excess of Federal NCUA insurance, additional savings
protection of $250,000 per individual account is provided through American Share Insurance.

Added by TC: $25 minimum balance [in savings account] required to maintain Credit Union membership. No interest is paid on savings account until balance at least $300 (0.10% APY).
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very nice find, thanks !
Hope I added some useful info to Quick Summary.

I wonder what the "eligible organizations" are?

What link are you looking at that shows an account paying 5.75% apy?

so this is a CD?

I went to the NCUA web site to see what I could see about this CU -- I found their financial reports, but I need help reading them. Anyone?

BTW, their charter number is 14785, and they were chartered in 1962.

dealbreakerx said: I wonder what the "eligible organizations" are?

This might provide a clue: "Patriots Federal Credit Union was founded in 1962 to provide financial services to military personnel of the U.S. government stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro, and the Marine Corps (helicopter) Air station in Tustin, California."

BankDeals now has further information on this FCU.

Edit: be sure to read the comments on the bankdeals article.

guardian44 posted more information here.

ThursdaysChild said: guardian44 posted more information here.

Thanks, TC. Yer right.

But it sure makes no difference now.

Stick a fork in it, folks. This deal is DONE!!

And yeah, I'm a little taken by surprise because I was WRONG about this:

I thought due to the annoying pitch hurdle this deal would last for a while. The pitch itself was a nuisance, plus it effectively localized the deal.

Could I have been more wrong?? Nope. The demand out there has got to be WAY higher than I realized!!

Geez! "January 31" came quick!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014