• filter:
  • 1234235236237 238
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ohacksi said:   im new how do you get these great deals like the unlocked Samsung galaxy s4?
 http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1455580/?start=0

Click on the link "Amazing" in that thread, the offer is on eBay.

rated:
I have a question on 401k fees. I found an annual document from my company's 401k provider that lists "Total Annual Operating Expenses". For example, Fidelity Advisor Mid Cap is shown as 1.85% or $18.50 per $1,000. I was trying to find what the 401k fees were but the provider's web page makes it difficult. Is this the right fee information? It seems extremely high from what I have seen elsewhere if so.

TIA.

rated:
ohacksi said:   im new how do you get these great deals like the unlocked Samsung galaxy s4?

Keep an eye on the deals portions of this site until you see the deal you want come up: http://www.fatwallet.com/cell-phone-deals/ and http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/

If you use an RSS reader you can subscribe to Fatwallet's feeds here: http://www.fatwallet.com/rssinfo/

rated:
Have a question:

1. I have a debt balance of 40K currently on credit cards. What's a better option for me, keep rolling over on 0% credit card offers with 3% fees or take out a personal loan. Any recommendation for personal loans?

rated:
shobhitsharma said:   Have a question:

1. I have a debt balance of 40K currently on credit cards. What's a better option for me, keep rolling over on 0% credit card offers with 3% fees or take out a personal loan. Any recommendation for personal loans?

You'll be hard-pressed to find a personal loan that can beat the effective APR of those credit card offers; I'd recommend continuing to roll it over until it's paid off if you're able to do so.

rated:
Do I need to own a business or have a business number to get a business credit card?

I was looking at the 2% back visa spark card with $500 in rewards

rated:
WillWorkForFood said:   Do I need to own a business or have a business number to get a business credit card?

I was looking at the 2% back visa spark card with $500 in rewards

Depends on the issuer as to how much info. they need. Claiming yourself as a sole prop. works in many cases.

rated:
Thanks. I filled out the application as a sole proprietor and got approved.

rated:
Absolut9 said:   Yay! FP of 2008!

rated:
I posted this a couple days ago in the other thread and didn't get a response, so sorry if you've already read this:

I have a question related to my FICO score. For a couple years I have only had one credit card. Recently I used a 0% apr convenience check to put $14,500 in my checking account (which will go to a cd or mma or something). I then had to apply for a new card to use for my daily spending. So the timeline was, I applied for a new card sometime December 5-10, I activated the new card on December 15. I paid off the balance of my old card on December 20 (about $1700), deposited the convenience check on Saturday December 22, and the deposit posted to my checking account on the 24th. On December 23 I received an email from ScoreWatch which said my FICO score increased by 36 points with this explanation "Your FICO® score has gone up to 736 on December 23, 2007. Your FICO score may have gone up because the following factor is not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

* You have not established a long revolving credit history."

I was wondering if anyone had a guess as to what specific action caused the bump in my score. I've only been using a credit card for my daily spending for about 6 months or so, prior to that I had a low credit limit card for 4 or 5 years, but only used it once or twice. So I was thinking, based on the explanation, it was just that I have been using a credit card for a long enough time to trigger some change. However, it seems odd that this happened as I was applying for a new card and taking $14,500 out of my old card (though depositing the $14,500 probably couldn't have had anything to do with it, since the deposit didn't post until one day after I received the ScoreWatch update. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Your old account could have aged long enough, and the timing was a coincidence. The new account could have reported, giving you a stronger 2 accounts on your history rather than just one. The reported $1700 balance could have been updated as having been paid off. There are too many variables to determine exactly why something happened, but it was most likely a combination of all of the above and then some.

rated:
robonoreason said:   I have a question related to my FICO score. For a couple years I have only had one credit card. … Your FICO score may have gone up because the following factor is not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

You've had a credit card for several years now and thus have established a long revolving credit history. The timing of this score change with your other activity is a coincidence and not related.

rated:
doveroftke said:   
robonoreason said:   I have a question related to my FICO score. For a couple years I have only had one credit card. … Your FICO score may have gone up because the following factor is not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

You've had a credit card for several years now and thus have established a long revolving credit history. The timing of this score change with your other activity is a coincidence and not related.

Agree. Most likely the new card hadn't reported yet.

rated:
When buying a used car from a private party which is the better option? Experian Autocheck ($19.99) or Carfax ($39.99).

rated:
I owe my broker $13,000, I won't go into details but now they have sent it to collections. I will not pay them. My question is that if I take out a loan for $25,000 and use it in a different brokerage account with a different firm, can my old brokerage company take the funds out of my new account with the new firm? Or will they need a legal judgement against me first?

rated:
dynochino60 said:   I owe my broker $13,000, I won't go into details but now they have sent it to collections. I will not pay them. My question is that if I take out a loan for $25,000 and use it in a different brokerage account with a different firm, can my old brokerage company take the funds out of my new account with the new firm? Or will they need a legal judgement against me first?
  Unless you agreed to it, they should only be able to access the money via judgement -- unless they are a connected company.

BTW -- Pay your bills deadbeat!

rated:
dynochino60 said:   I owe my broker $13,000, I won't go into details but now they have sent it to collections. I will not pay them. My question is that if I take out a loan for $25,000 and use it in a different brokerage account with a different firm, can my old brokerage company take the funds out of my new account with the new firm? Or will they need a legal judgement against me first?
Even without details, can you give a general idea? I.e. bought shares on margin and market tanked, sold shares short, couldn't cover, etc. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1234235236237 238
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015