• filter:
  • 1231232233234 235
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
maxshop said:   Question on establishing a LLC in GA:

A friend of mine is employed full-time at an IT company in GA (in the IT/Software dept). He would like to establish a LLC for a completely different non-IT related endeavor and operate it in parallel while still being employed by the IT company:
1). Can he do so without any legal issues?
2). Does he need to inform his employer (from a legal standpoint) that he is forming a LLC? What about from a ethical standpoint - is he obligated?
3). Anything else that he should take into account?

Thanks for any advice.

††

Some companies have policies against moonlighting.†††

Is there any potential (real or imagined) for conflicts of interest between his current job and the side business?

Its not against the law to start an LLC while you're employed.†† There should be no legal problems here.††

I'd tell the employer.†† Just to be on the safe side.†† As long as they don't have some sort of explicit policy against moonlighting or side business, I shouldn't worry.

He really shoulnd't be starting a business with any conflict of interset with his day job.††† I assume thats not the case here as its unrelated.†† But I'd take a close look at it and make sure nobody could even think theres a conflict.

rated:
I have an Amex Rewards Plus Gold Card with† 142,205 membership rewards points.† The annual fee is $135.† I was thinking to switch to a different Amex with no annual fee.† I think my fee is coming up in June.† But ofcourse I'd like to utilize my points before, or be able to roll them to a new Amex card, or roll them to some kind of frequent flyer or even rental plan.† I fly once or twice a year domestically.† Any advice on how to best navigate this situation.

rated:
Roxyr said:   I have an Amex Rewards Plus Gold Card with† 142,205 membership rewards points.† The annual fee is $135.† I was thinking to switch to a different Amex with no annual fee.† I think my fee is coming up in June.† But ofcourse I'd like to utilize my points before, or be able to roll them to a new Amex card, or roll them to some kind of frequent flyer or even rental plan.† I fly once or twice a year domestically.† Any advice on how to best navigate this situation.
Several years ago I was in the same situation. At some point during the year I received a promo for a 25% bonus for transferring to some airline (Delta, maybe), transferred all my miles and closed the card. Obviously YMMV and if you don't get a promo, you should probably just transfer them to the airline or hotel you're most likely to use.

rated:
Thanks BostonOne.

rated:
Roxyr said:   I have an Amex Rewards Plus Gold Card with† 142,205 membership rewards points.† The annual fee is $135.† I was thinking to switch to a different Amex with no annual fee.† I think my fee is coming up in June.† But ofcourse I'd like to utilize my points before, or be able to roll them to a new Amex card, or roll them to some kind of frequent flyer or even rental plan.† I fly once or twice a year domestically.† Any advice on how to best navigate this situation.
Better to keep them as Membership Rewards points until you have a use. †Amex won't let you product change to a free card, but you could apply for the Everyday, a no annual fee card that earns MR, thus keeping them alive. †Also comes with a 10K MR sign up bonus for minimal spend. †There's a Preferred version that has a $95 annual fee which IMO is superior, but the base level Everyday will get the job done for you.

rated:
dukerau said:   
Better to keep them as Membership Rewards points until you have a use. †Amex won't let you product change to a free card, but you could apply for the Everyday, a no annual fee card that earns MR, thus keeping them alive. †Also comes with a 10K MR sign up bonus for minimal spend. †There's a Preferred version that has a $95 annual fee which IMO is superior, but the base level Everyday will get the job done for you.

† Make sure you apply and get the new card before canceling he old card.

rated:
Divorce 101 question:

If the wife cheats and is 100% at fault for causing the breakup, does the man still get the shaft and have to pay alimony, child support and all that nonsense?

Thanks!

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   Divorce 101 question:

If the wife cheats and is 100% at fault for causing the breakup, does the man still get the shaft and have to pay alimony, child support and all that nonsense?

Thanks!

†Depends on your state. IANAL.

rated:
ok

rated:
Question about maternity leave, NYS- If my wife wished to not return to work after the birth of our child, when is correct time to inform her managers/ company? Prior to maternity leave or after? What would the estimated results be in either of the situations? If a woman resigns at the end of the maternity leave, is she liable to return maternity pay?

rated:
ok

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1231232233234 235
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015