• filter:
  • 1225226227228 229
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
LearningFast said:   Did you used to a scheduled add and now you did a one time thing? Sometimes that can account for the difference. Otherwise they probably changed it at the originating institution. 
Thank you for your comments.

I did this ACH the same way I have done the previous 4.  All have been one-time transactions. 

Since all other variables have been constant, I think you are right that they must have recently changed their ACH-naming procedures at the originating bank.

I could call the originating bank to ask if they have recently altered the way they describe ACHs, and I would feel comfortable asking them that question, and it probably would be good to know, just in general,
but my main concern at the moment is whether this type of ACH is accepted or not to fulfill bonus requirements at the receiving bank, and I don't want to call them to enquire about that.

Hmmmmm...

Are other people now seeing their ACHs from personal bank accounts designated as:  "P2P (sender's full name)"?  Is that the typical descriptor for those sorts of ACHs? 

Is there any way I could set my ACHs up (bearing in mind that there seem to be relatively few choices presented to me by my bank when I create one) that would make them more likely to be named in the style of a generic ACH?

rated:
jayK said:   
matrix5k said:   I signed a lease for an apartment a few months ago. I have to move out of state for work. I didn't expect this to happen. Management says it will cost 2 months rent to break lease. Is there anything I can do to get out of this?
What does your lease say? If the lease says it costs 2 months of rent to break, then that's what you have to pay.

If the lease has no lease break fee, then you would owe the lost revenue of the lease. However, the landlord/management has a duty to mitigate losses.

What this means is that, if you break your lease, your landlord can only charge you the difference between what they would have collected and what they actually collect.

If rents have been going up, and they can quickly fill the unit, you might not legally owe anything. On the other hand, if vacancies are high you risk owing the full remaining amount of the contract.

When your landlord says it takes two months to break the lease, that's either A) stipulated in the lease agreement, or B) their negotiated settlement for breaking the lease.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1225226227228 229
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014