chase over-the-limit credit card fee

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
first time this has happened to me, i always pay payments in full every month, just paid in full earlier today but i think i may have gone over the 700 dollar credit limit by about 10 bucks. Do they waive this charge if you call?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

if you're nice and it's your first offense... they might.

however, Chase are dix.

I'd give you 3:1 odds with Chase.

How do you "think" you "may" have gone over your limit? Either your balance is higher than the limit or it isnt.....

well i just logged onto chase.com to pay my bill and it said available credit 1.00 and i just put 10 dollars in my gas tank.. So im not sure if the charge will go first or my payment will

Call and ask nicely. I know they will waive a late payment fee.

Why should the bank waive the fee?

WAMU does along with several other banks (waive fees for first time offenses). i am fairly new to chase and just want to hear if people have had success with them waving a fee.

Not totally on topic, but this is about Chase, too.

Happened to me twice:
If you make an online payment 1-2 days after your statement close date, the "statement balance" shown could be your previous statement's (-1 month) balance. If you're fooled by that, you may end up not paying your actual balance in full and will be charged interest (+loss of 1 month 0%-interest float).

Chase refunded me a over the limit charge two months ago. You should be fine getting a refund on that.

ArbolLoco said: if you're nice and it's your first offense... they might.

however, Chase are dix.

I'd give you 3:1 odds with Chase.

they gave him the terms and he violated them, they apply the fee they said the would when he opened the acct, did not bother to use the chase alerts on the website or place and overlimit block on his acct, so they dont waive the fee? how is that being a dik? your probably not going to get it waived but that doesnt make anyone a dik, its your fault.

Raise that low credit limit so it won't happen again. $700 is just silly; I know students that have more credit. And like "dodgeman007" said, place a overlimit block so your card will be declined if you go over next time.

bugjuice said: well i just logged onto chase.com to pay my bill and it said available credit 1.00 and i just put 10 dollars in my gas tank.. So im not sure if the charge will go first or my payment willThe payment should post today and the charge will not likely post for two days. Charges never post the same day.

Now the question for the terms of the card. Does the pre-authorization constitute going over the limit or does only a posted charge count?

I just called Chase last week and they waived my late AND overlimit fee. It was my first time being late and overlimit, and they did it without a hassle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014