• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Info at this LINK.

The website said: Getting started is simple.

Just open any Comerica business checking account with a $5,000 minimum opening deposit, sign up for a no-fee Business Check Card and open one of the following services:

* Comerica Web Banking® and Comerica Web Bill Pay® for Business
* Business Deposit Capture
Ask about our free scanner offer!
* Business Credit Card1,2
* Business Loan or Line of Credit2

Update 01/10/2008
Thanks to mariojm, there is a LINK to a similar deal on a personal checking account.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
No hard pull. My banker used ChexSystems. (National CSR said ChexSystems or Telechecks.) I watched her call BTW, and ask... (more)

TyroneSchulace (Jan. 23, 2008 @ 3:28p) |

Anybody aware of a current promotion for opening a personal checking account with Comerica? If yes, can you please post ... (more)

hguy229 (Jun. 18, 2008 @ 9:01a) |

Any promotion for biz is fine too. Thanks in advance

hkguyatus (Jun. 18, 2008 @ 10:47a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Terms and Conditions
1. To qualify for $200 bonus, open any Comerica business
checking account during January 7 – February 29, 2008.
Minimum opening deposit must be new money not
already on deposit with Comerica Bank. Business checking
account must remain open for six months. Also sign up for
a no-fee Business Check Card and conduct at least one
signature-based transaction within four months of checking
account opening.
Note: For certain accounts, monthly maintenance fees are
waived when minimum balance requirements are met. Ask
us for details.
2. Sign up for and make at least one online bill payment
per month using Web Bill Pay for Business.
3. Credit cards offered by Elan Financial Services.
4. Loans subject to credit approval.
5. Comerica will verify that you have met the terms of the
Bonus offer after your checking account has been open
for six months and will deposit a $200 cash bonus to your
business checking account.
Current business checking account customers of Comerica
Bank are not eligible for the bonus. Cannot be combined
with any other offer. We reserve the right to modify or
end this offer at any time. One cash bonus per business.
6. Free scanner offer to qualifying business customers.
Monthly maintenance fee and transaction fee per item
applies. Scanner maintenance fee waived for first two
years.

Where is the link for the personal account? All I can find is an expired $100 offer.

I did the $100 personal checking account promo last year and was very satisfied. Opened in B&M branch and they were very friendly. Was asked to open a savings account (for the overdraft protection that was required to receive the $100) but was also offered a fee waiver for the savings account for 12 months. Their website is not the most sophisticated, but their billpay is pretty good (I've used it ever since I opened the account). The $100 was credited pretty quickly as I recall.

swandown said: Where is the link for the personal account? All I can find is an expired $100 offer.
According to this Bank Deals post, Banking Guy couldn't find the $100 bonus for the personal account on-line, but he talked with a CSR who confirmed it.

Is there an online app I'm not seeing? Or does it have to be submitted in-branch?

Anybody REALLY use them for biz checking? I need to really open an account soon...

Glitch99 said: Is there an online app I'm not seeing? Or does it have to be submitted in-branch?
From the Bank Deals post referenced above:

You can apply at a branch or by phone. It's only available to people in states which have Comerica branches. Branches are located in Arizona, Florida, Texas, California and Michigan.

Here's a $100 Promo for personal accounts from Comerica valid thru Feb 29, 2008. This is from the same folder as the business promo brochure so they may be related.

It requires $2500 minimum deposit and their Access Checking account (free with direct deposit) is not listed as a qualifying account. Your best bet might be On The Job banking if you qualify. (free with direct deposit but requires employer participation)

I can say from personal experience that Comerica offers some of the best Biz banking in the midwest. While their credit card rewards points kind of suck they have a NWA airlines visa debit card, have great customer service and have lots services like faxing your cleared checks and account balances each morning. The online banking is also a bit weak but overall if you enjoy personalized service and fair fees they work great.

hawdey said: I can say from personal experience that Comerica offers some of the best Biz banking in the midwest. While their credit card rewards points kind of suck they have a NWA airlines visa debit card, have great customer service and have lots services like faxing your cleared checks and account balances each morning. The online banking is also a bit weak but overall if you enjoy personalized service and fair fees they work great.

thanks!

WOW! Sweet deal. Just got off the phone with CSR. Multiple businesses with separate TID#s all qualify. This should be an easy $600-$800 without even raising eyebrows. No hard pull, just ChexSystems and Telecheck. Application not available online though. Apply over phone and they'll mail your packet, or in branch. Also confirmed that WorldPerks checkcard membership(and fee) are optional.

Basic Business Checking has no min. mo'ly balance requirement, so I wonder if one could pull out the 5K after opening? Wouldn't want to leave it at 0% for 6 months, thereby reducing $200 bonus by $125.

OK, this turned out to be slightly more of a PITA than I first thought. I opened 6 accounts, 4 business and a personal checking and savings, for a projected total of $900. The process took 2 hours. I recommend having them mail you everything, and mailing it back. A lot less time & questions to answer, I'm sure. I was really glad all these businesses are legit. I reconfirmed with branch manager (who called someone to make triple sure) about multiple bonuses.

$5000 to open on biz, but I reconfirmed no minimum balance requirement on the Basic Business Checking, so no big loss of interest. Typical 7 biz-day hold on opening deposit.

HOWEVER, the biz web Billpay is $6.95/mo x 6 mo = $41.70, and I'm guessing probably 7 months to make sure I get the bonus. So earnings are reduced by that amount. The way around this is to open a CC(Elan) or LOC with them.

edit: web billpay is free for first year.

I chose not to, because I typically won't apply for a card mid-AOR, just for a sign-up bonus.

BTW, everyone was nice and knowledgable, but some of their fees seem crazy. Cashier's check- $5, Check copy- $4, Currency strap-$0.45!, Coin roll- 10 cents. WTF!?? Um, that makes a roll of pennies cost 60 cents? Or maybe that wrapper is used, so you can get it for 55? I thought those were freebies...

TyroneSchulace said: OK, this turned out to be slightly more of a PITA than I first thought. I opened 6 accounts, 4 business and a personal checking and savings, for a projected total of $900. The process took 2 hours. I recommend having them mail you everything, and mailing it back. A lot less time & questions to answer, I'm sure. I was really glad all these businesses are legit. I reconfirmed with branch manager (who called someone to make triple sure) about multiple bonuses.

$5000 to open on biz, but I reconfirmed no minimum balance requirement on the Basic Business Checking, so no big loss of interest. Typical 7 biz-day hold on opening deposit.

HOWEVER, the biz web Billpay is $6.95/mo x 6 mo = $41.70, and I'm guessing probably 7 months to make sure I get the bonus. So earnings are reduced by that amount. The way around this is to open a CC(Elan) or LOC with them.

I chose not to, because I typically won't apply for a card mid-AOR, just for a sign-up bonus.

BTW, everyone was nice and knowledgable, but some of their fees seem crazy. Cashier's check- $5, Check copy- $4, Currency strap-$0.45!, Coin roll- 10 cents. WTF!?? Um, that makes a roll of pennies cost 60 cents? Or maybe that wrapper is used, so you can get it for 55? I thought those were freebies...

yeah that is pretty crazy. I'll have them mail me a packet and figure it out. Thanks!

TyroneSchulace said: Coin roll- 10 cents. WTF!?? Um, that makes a roll of pennies cost 60 cents? Or maybe that wrapper is used, so you can get it for 55? I thought those were freebies...

I'm guessing that the 10 cent fee is when you want to roll your own loose pennies. Otherwise I'd just ask the teller to please unwrap all the pennies and laugh as they spend way more than 10 cents in labor costs to unwrap them.

swandown said: I'm guessing that the 10 cent fee is when you want to roll your own loose pennies. Otherwise I'd just ask the teller to please unwrap all the pennies and laugh as they spend way more than 10 cents in labor costs to unwrap them.

Yeah, I was kidding. But seriously, for a deposit, wouldn't they WANT me to roll them? Anyway, my wife said that after us FWers, they'll have to start charging 50 cents.

I opened a business account on Monday. However, the personal banker that opened my account told me today that you have to keep the $5,000 in the account for 6 months for you to be eligible for the promotion. She had found that out from her manager. That doesn't make any sense at all. The interest you forgo on 5,000 for six months is $150 at 6%. That is exactly the amount that you will receive after taxes if you are at a 25% tax bracket (150 = 200 - 200*.25). It is no promotion at all.

Tutul said: I opened a business account on Monday. However, the personal banker that opened my account told me today that you have to keep the $5,000 in the account for 6 months for you to be eligible for the promotion. She had found that out from her manager. That doesn't make any sense at all. The interest you forgo on 5,000 for six months is $150 at 6%. That is exactly the amount that you will receive after taxes if you are at a 25% tax bracket (150 = 200 - 200*.25). It is no promotion at all.

OUCH! I hope your banker's wrong. If not, it's a losing deal. Don't forget about the 6.95/mo web banking fee. The promo material doesn't say anything about minimum balances, just that the account is open for 6 months. My banker said no prob with account balance going up and down during that period.

Does anyone else have info on that?

Edit:Web banking is free for first year.

can anyone confirm that there's no hard pull for a personal acct?

prikindel said: can anyone confirm that there's no hard pull for a personal acct?
No hard pull. My banker used ChexSystems. (National CSR said ChexSystems or Telechecks.) I watched her call BTW, and asked about the info she was getting. She said it wasn't a number, just a code.

Also, my banker reconfirmed that the initial deposits can be drawn down and still qualify for bonuses on biz and personal. I set up Webbanking and WebBillpay today. The personal can be done online. Biz is over the phone.

The CSR said Biz Billpay 6.95/mo fee is waived for first year. Wahoo!!!

Anybody aware of a current promotion for opening a personal checking account with Comerica? If yes, can you please post the details?

Any promotion for biz is fine too. Thanks in advance

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014