• 123 4 514
  • Page
  • Text Only
VanceWade said: Okay, I just started seeing b* results over the past couple of days on PM123. TU inqs dropped from 3 to 1. However, TU FAKO did not change at all. Anyone else seeing that kind of result?

--VW

Check out the PM123 thread. You're not the only one having the issue with the score not updating. I've notified tech support twice.

hair said: EQ seems to have done some major choppage around 3/23/08, removing duplicate soft inquiries. I had been getting b* on EQ up until last week and then it stopped. Here are my softs from CS, CIDP, PM123 and NCIP:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 03/23/08, 02/29/08
FIRST ADVANTAGE CREDCO 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 02/29/08
True Credit/VERTRUE 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 02/29/08
True Credit/VERTRUE 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08

What you don't see are all the inquiries dated before Feb 29th, or between that date up to March 23. They all disappeared. Others have reported a similar experience on CB all around the same day. It looks the softs were removed, leaving only the most recent one from each month. I do not have any EQ products so it does not seem to be choppage due to using EQ products.

I have the same 2/29/08, i'm hoping it has something to do with leap year. It's a guess, but that date was leap year.

Ders said: VanceWade said: Okay, I just started seeing b* results over the past couple of days on PM123. TU inqs dropped from 3 to 1. However, TU FAKO did not change at all. Anyone else seeing that kind of result?

--VW

Check out the PM123 thread. You're not the only one having the issue with the score not updating. I've notified tech support twice.

What did you tell them?

Hey PM123 I B*ed some INQs and my score didn't change

I hope not, but I have been having to log out and log back in to get my new report.

Yeah, I have to log out and back in to see my fresh report. Last TU inquiry fell off today when I pulled, but still no change in the TU FAKO. I don't really care if the FAKO updates as long as the FICO/score algorithms at creditors calculate correctly, I guess.

Cheers,

hair said: EQ seems to have done some major choppage around 3/23/08, removing duplicate soft inquiries. I had been getting b* on EQ up until last week and then it stopped. Here are my softs from CS, CIDP, PM123 and NCIP:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 03/23/08, 02/29/08
FIRST ADVANTAGE CREDCO 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 02/29/08
True Credit/VERTRUE 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 02/29/08
True Credit/VERTRUE 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08

What you don't see are all the inquiries dated before Feb 29th, or between that date up to March 23. They all disappeared. Others have reported a similar experience on CB all around the same day. It looks the softs were removed, leaving only the most recent one from each month. I do not have any EQ products so it does not seem to be choppage due to using EQ products.

I just pulled using EQ Gold and I can confirm a similar situation. The AMEX Credit Secure INQ's were chopped to 2 and TrueCredit were chopped to 3. Total SP's = 25. The dates of the pulls are spread but it does appear that all the duplicates are gone.

I can confirm major choppage on EQ about 1 week ago... All my excess pulls on CS, PM123, and ChaseID are gone...

I wonder if, as the Bobs would say, Equifax "uh, *fixed* the *glitch*."

Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So, uh, Equifax b* is dead now? It doesn't work any more?
Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we *fixed* the *glitch*. So it'll all just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Technique said: I can confirm major choppage on EQ about 1 week ago... All my excess pulls on CS, PM123, and ChaseID are gone...

Same for me. I only have 8 SP from PM123 (listed as TrueCredit). 5 pulls are from the past week, the other three were from the end of Feb, Jan and December. Other than that there are no signs of my daily pulls.

Lots of other miscellaneous SP are still in my file.

me too

I just signed up for Equifax credit watch Gold (free for 90 days) and can confirm that many of the daily pulls through AMEX Credit Secure have disappeared:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 03/31/08, 03/23/08, 02/18/08

Even though I pulled every day for the month of March.

Another thing: I was shocked to see a major discrepancy between CIC and Equifax gold in the hard pulls:
CIC shows 5 hards: BRCLYSBANKDE, US BANCORP from an AOR in mid March and GEMB/WalMart, ECHOSTAR and CHASE HOME FINANCE from 2006 whereas
Equifax gold shows 4 hards: CITIBANK USA, CITIBANK USA N.A, CITIBANK USA NA, US BANCORP from 2008.

Auto loans, mortgage loans etc do not show on Equifax_Gold but show on CIC.

Is my account chopped???

Thanks a lot for the insight.

I'm way overdue to get my last EQ IQ bumped, so it does indeed look like we are at the end, at least until someone figures out another method.

Would this mean that the value /benefit of power b*( pulls on the same day from different services) is reduced?

duna said: Would this mean that the value /benefit of power b*( pulls on the same day from different services) is reduced?

I think it is too early to draw any conclusions. What we know is that EQ did something on or around 3/23/08 to remove a lot of the duplicate soft inquiries from a lot of people. It doesn't seem that any particular service or combination of services caused it. I have continued to pull daily using CS and PM123, and the new softs are still showing, but my file has a lot of free space now since they chopped well over 80 softs.

If you pull with enough different services it may be possible to get enough new softs in to get b* before they chop. The big unknowns are the criteria they used to determine who to chop (full or nearly full files?), and if or when they decide to chop again.

little4ce said: I just signed up for Equifax credit watch Gold (free for 90 days) and can confirm that many of the daily pulls through AMEX Credit Secure have disappeared:

Using Equifax Credit Watch service has been known to cause choppage. The most recent widespread chopping does not seem to be related to this. If you were pulling daily then yes, your softs have been chopped.

For now, my daily CS pulls are still piling up:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 04/01/08, 03/31/08, 03/29/08, 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 03/23/08, 02/29/08

hair said: little4ce said: I just signed up for Equifax credit watch Gold (free for 90 days) and can confirm that many of the daily pulls through AMEX Credit Secure have disappeared:

Using Equifax Credit Watch service has been known to cause choppage. The most recent widespread chopping does not seem to be related to this. If you were pulling daily then yes, your softs have been chopped.

For now, my daily CS pulls are still piling up:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 04/01/08, 03/31/08, 03/29/08, 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 03/23/08, 02/29/08

Thanks for your input.
Another question: if Equifax Credit Watch reports significant differences over the AMEX CIC is this due to split files or something else?

CIC reports 5 hards with 3 of them from 2006 whereas Equifax Credit Watch reports 4 hards all from 2008. Only one hard is showing up in both reports the others are different. There are also major differences in the reports related to mortgage loans (CIC reports correctly whereas Equifax Credit Watch reports no mortgage loans, etc.)

Is this normal for split files? What should I do in this case? Better yet: which file will lenders see?

TIA for your insight,
Little

I just noticed bumpage of 1 hard inquiry on my TU report on April 1, 2008. Then another 4 hard inquiries on April 2, 2008. I need to pull another full report so I can edit this post with how many soft inquiries it took. I was using Chase ID Protection (CIDP), National City Identity Protect, and CreditKarma.com.

Some numbers to serve as data points:

March 31, 2008:
13 Hard Inquiries
19 Promotional Inquires
57 Account Review Inquiries
Total Inquiries = 90

April 1, 2008
Pulled a soft through National City and 1 inquiry bumped off.
Pulled a soft through Creditkarma.com and 3 inquiries fell off.

April 2, 2008
To be updated...

The amazing thing is what CreditK caused: 3 hards ??????? from one soft.

For the last 2-3 weeks, no one has posted about their B* experiences. Can someone point me in the latest B* thread or is it even still available? The last few posts of this thread weren't looking good for it, as many people's SP's were getting cut. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brett

brettdacosta said: For the last 2-3 weeks, no one has posted about their B* experiences. Can someone point me in the latest B* thread or is it even still available? The last few posts of this thread weren't looking good for it, as many people's SP's were getting cut. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brett

After my choppage it took me a week to build back up, but it's alive and well!!!

Several people I've seen have said that creditkarma does soft pulls, and may possibly bump inquiries off. I've been using it for about 4 months now, but the only thing that mine does (that I know of) is gives me a new score everyday. Are there different types of creditkarma accounts that allow you to do more than just see a score (like the one that I have) and in turn B* hard inquiries or is just pulling the score good enough or what? Can someone just verify / reject that CK can cause B*?

Thanks,
Brett

brettdacosta said: Several people I've seen have said that creditkarma does soft pulls, and may possibly bump inquiries off. I've been using it for about 4 months now, but the only thing that mine does (that I know of) is gives me a new score everyday. Are there different types of creditkarma accounts that allow you to do more than just see a score (like the one that I have) and in turn B* hard inquiries or is just pulling the score good enough or what? Can someone just verify / reject that CK can cause B*?

CK does a soft pull on TU each time you request your score, so only helps with b* on TU.

Thanks, Hair.

Brett

brettdacosta said: For the last 2-3 weeks, no one has posted about their B* experiences. Can someone point me in the latest B* thread or is it even still available? The last few posts of this thread weren't looking good for it, as many people's SP's were getting cut. Thoughts?
EQ chopped me again. I've been using CS and PM123 for daily pulls.

Here is what my softs looked like on 4/6/08:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 04/06/08, 04/05/08, 04/04/08, 04/03/08, 04/02/08, 04/01/08, 03/31/08, 03/29/08, 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 03/23/08, 02/29/08
TrueCredit/VERTRUE 04/06/08, 04/05/08, 04/04/08, 04/03/08, 04/02/08, 04/01/08, 03/31/08, 03/29/08, 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 02/29/08

Most recent EQ report 4/18/08:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 04/18/08, 04/17/08, 03/31/08, 02/29/08
TrueCredit/VERTRUE 04/18/08, 04/17/08, 03/31/08, 02/29/08

I notice that each time I pull my EQ report online using the FCRA it generates 3 soft pulls and they are not being chopped (2 ND-Equifax and one Equifax). The PRM are also not being chopped.

Interesting. Looks like they may be doing this monthly, leaving you with one inq from each month. Way to ad-hoc a solution to buffer overflow.

brettdacosta said: Several people I've seen have said that creditkarma does soft pulls, and may possibly bump inquiries off. I've been using it for about 4 months now, but the only thing that mine does (that I know of) is gives me a new score everyday. Are there different types of creditkarma accounts that allow you to do more than just see a score (like the one that I have) and in turn B* hard inquiries or is just pulling the score good enough or what? Can someone just verify / reject that CK can cause B*?

Thanks,
Brett

ANY SOFT PULL WILL CAUSE b*! No different types just scores, thats all you need from them.

hair said: brettdacosta said: For the last 2-3 weeks, no one has posted about their B* experiences. Can someone point me in the latest B* thread or is it even still available? The last few posts of this thread weren't looking good for it, as many people's SP's were getting cut. Thoughts?
EQ chopped me again. I've been using CS and PM123 for daily pulls.

Here is what my softs looked like on 4/6/08:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 04/06/08, 04/05/08, 04/04/08, 04/03/08, 04/02/08, 04/01/08, 03/31/08, 03/29/08, 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 03/23/08, 02/29/08
TrueCredit/VERTRUE 04/06/08, 04/05/08, 04/04/08, 04/03/08, 04/02/08, 04/01/08, 03/31/08, 03/29/08, 03/28/08, 03/27/08, 03/26/08, 03/25/08, 03/24/08, 02/29/08

Most recent EQ report 4/18/08:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS 04/18/08, 04/17/08, 03/31/08, 02/29/08
TrueCredit/VERTRUE 04/18/08, 04/17/08, 03/31/08, 02/29/08

I notice that each time I pull my EQ report online using the FCRA it generates 3 soft pulls and they are not being chopped (2 ND-Equifax and one Equifax). The PRM are also not being chopped.

Do you use EQ Gold?

I am asking as I noticed the same thing in my account and I am now sure that the EQ Gold is at fault. I will remove it ASAP and hope for the best.

I just got immediate b* on TU. Yesterday I checked my report on CS like I do every day, then took a hard pull CLI on a Chase card.
This morning, I had notice from CS that a change had occurred in my CRs. I read my CS messages and found that I have a new hard pull on TU. As long as they didn't pull EX, I'm fine with that.

I then pull my updated reports for today, and there are zero hard pulls on TU. Seems strange that yesterday's pull was either bumped before it hit my report or bumped by today's soft pull. I've been pulling daily for several months since the last hard pull, maybe there's no room for a hard in the database?

taxmantoo, it (your recent hard inq) will come back in a day or two. This behavior has been reported a few times already (but not quite understood). What's the issuer/card you requested a CLI on?

cyberkost said: taxmantoo, it (your recent hard inq) will come back in a day or two. This behavior has been reported a few times already (but not quite understood). What's the issuer/card you requested a CLI on?

I was going to post a similar reply. Check back and unfortunately you will see the TU hard appearing in about 2 days. Sorry for the bad news.

Yep, mine came back also.

Only been using CK a few days, but anyone notice that it doesn't take 24 hours to pull a new daily report? I seemed to have no problem pulling one at 11 p.m. then another the next morning - of course, max 1 daily....

Gonna keep an eye on this thread b/c I want to purchase 1 or 2 services to use in addition to CK, just don't know which ones would be best yet....

little4ce said: Do you use EQ Gold?

I am asking as I noticed the same thing in my account and I am now sure that the EQ Gold is at fault. I will remove it ASAP and hope for the best.

No I did not use any EQ monitoring services. I've heard those cause C* as well. There is this thread on CB with several reports of those affected by the two recent chops (3/23 and 4/16), and seems to be happening regardless of EQ services.

cyberkost said: taxmantoo, it (your recent hard inq) will come back in a day or two. This behavior has been reported a few times already (but not quite understood). What's the issuer/card you requested a CLI on?

Since when has this been happening? About 4 months ago, that wasnt the case. It never came back.

TheWalL said: cyberkost said: taxmantoo, it (your recent hard inq) will come back in a day or two. This behavior has been reported a few times already (but not quite understood). What's the issuer/card you requested a CLI on?
Since when has this been happening? About 4 months ago, that wasnt the case. It never came back.

It does not happen regularly or reproducibly, but I have experienced this some long time ago (about 12 mo. or so) and there have been many reports similar to taxmantoo's.

TheWalL said: cyberkost said: taxmantoo, it (your recent hard inq) will come back in a day or two. This behavior has been reported a few times already (but not quite understood). What's the issuer/card you requested a CLI on?

I think this is pretty well established, but for data point purposes, I had hard pulls on TU from Discover, Citi, Chase, and one other (can't remember who it was off the top of my head) appear one day, disappear the next, then come back the following day.

Well, you guys were right, it came back. Today's report shows an inquiry on TU from First USA, for banks/savings and loan. (not listed as credit card, like it is when I applied for the cards originally)

Major Chop on Equifax using Credit Gold and/or just timing as many others had chop in last few months.
Ok, I posted this credit checking site in another thread, I think IMHO its far better that the TC products out there,
and the price is cheaper also.
Credit Keeper $9.99 A MONTH all three CB's
Unfortunately I have experian frozen, and for some reason I cannot get verified to use this service but my DH does
and it has no refresh issues as NC does as well as Privacy Matters 123. NC and PM 123 look hokey compared to this
one.
Unsure if Experian frozen has to blame for not being able to sign up or?? Would like to hear feedback.
Good option to use with TC as its not TU based.

powersmacintosh said: Major Chop on Equifax using Credit Gold and/or just timing as many others had chop in last few months.
Ok, I posted this credit checking site in another thread, I think IMHO its far better that the TC products out there,
Unfortunately I have experian frozen, and for some reason I cannot get verified to use this service but my DH does
and it has no refresh issues as NC does as well as Privacy Matters 123. NC and PM 123 look hokey compared to this
one.
Unsure if Experian frozen has to blame for not being able to sign up or?? Would like to hear feedback.

What was the choppage date? ahhh that might be important.

powersmacintosh said: Major Chop on Equifax using Credit Gold and/or just timing as many others had chop in last few months.
one.

I signed up for the CreditKeeper free trial, but as far as I could see they don't allow you to pull a fresh report every day, only once a month.

How does freeze effect your ability to pull new reports?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014