• 14 5 67814
  • Page
  • Text Only
duna said: How does freeze effect your ability to pull new reports?
From my AOR thread:
NOTE: Freezing EX took it out of view on Chase ID Protection, Privacy Matters 123, National City ID Protect, and Credit Diagnosis. No impact to TrueCredit or CreditCheckTotal. No impact from freezing TU or EQ. All signups except Credit Diagnosis were done before EX freeze - some have reported signup problems after freezing EX.

Can someone tell me why Privacy Matters 123 does not show b*? I've requested a new report 3 times over the past 2 weeks and the report still shows no inquiries. I know there are inquiries, there has to be because I got 2 new credit cards and it shows nothing for inquiries. What gives?

I haven't seen anyone mention anything like this...here's a recent B* occurrence at has me concerned - have been pulling Credit Secure, Chase ID Protection, NatCity Identity Protect and TrueCredit/TU only (30-day free trial). Things have been progressing very nicely:

Eq Ex Tu
3 14 13 4/27
3 14 12 4/28
3 14 10 4/29
3 14 7 5/1
3 14 5 5/3
3 14 4 5/4
3 14 3 5/6
3 14 2 5/13
2 14 7 5/14

I was down to 2 TU's yesterday when it looks like I finally bumped an EQ...then viola, my TUs reverted back to where they were at the beginning of the month. This happened to coincide with me adding myPrivacyMatters (via Key Bank) and TrueCredit ($9.95/mo thanks, alik99!) to the process yesterday. I use EQ service to view softs and I generated the expected 5 yesterday. Rorer714 mentioned that TU inq's might be reported in different total block sizes (117-127 at a time), which could explain my situation. Has anyone else had this experience or have any suggestions?

rumikeh said: I was down to 2 TU's yesterday when it looks like I finally bumped an EQ...then viola, my TUs reverted back to where they were at the beginning of the month. This happened to coincide with me adding myPrivacyMatters (via Key Bank) and TrueCredit ($9.95/mo thanks, alik99!) to the process yesterday. I use EQ service to view softs and I generated the expected 5 yesterday. Rorer714 mentioned that TU inq's might be reported in different total block sizes (117-127 at a time), which could explain my situation. Has anyone else had this experience or have any suggestions?
Wait a couple of days and see what happens. Best guess is that it is just a fluke and all will be well in a day or two. Lets us know what happens.

After 6 B* on EQ this week down from 12, I got c* this morning. So close to getting the remaining 6 off. I still have 70+ softs so I should be back to 120 softs soon. I use CIP, NCIP, and TC. I also had total b* on TU 2 weeks ago and none have returned.

Do we know the reason behind this?

swishyx said: duna said: How does freeze effect your ability to pull new reports?
From my AOR thread:
NOTE: Freezing EX took it out of view on Chase ID Protection, Privacy Matters 123, National City ID Protect, and Credit Diagnosis. No impact to TrueCredit or CreditCheckTotal. No impact from freezing TU or EQ. All signups except Credit Diagnosis were done before EX freeze - some have reported signup problems after freezing EX.

shadow3277 said: After 6 B* on EQ this week down from 12, I got c* this morning. So close to getting the remaining 6 off. I still have 70+ softs so I should be back to 120 softs soon. I use CIP, NCIP, and TC. I also had total b* on TU 2 weeks ago and none have returned.

Any other confirmations of choppage? I'm curious, as I'm about to start a bumpage-o-rama.

Floydian said: Any other confirmations of choppage? I'm curious, as I'm about to start a bumpage-o-rama.
I got C* on th 14th.

duna said: Do we know the reason behind this?
swishyx said: duna said: How does freeze effect your ability to pull new reports?
From my AOR thread:

Signing up on the services generally requires some kind of verification of your identity. Some services use questions derived from EX to verify you. If EX is frozen, they can't conjure up the questions. Not all services use EX, however.

As far as why freezing EX takes it out of view on certain services, dunno. Doesn't seem to happen with TU or EQ freezes. Probably has something to do with how the various services code (or don't code) the EX pull.

Rorer714 said: Floydian said: Any other confirmations of choppage? I'm curious, as I'm about to start a bumpage-o-rama.
I got C* on th 14th.

I have not as of yesterday, but in March and April I lagged behind the first reports of c* by a few days.

Is it possible to request removal of inquiries that appear as duplicates on your EQ? For example, I have:

CITIBANK USA N.A
Show Details 03/26/08
CITIBANK USA NA
Show Details 03/26/08
CITIBANK OF SOUTH DAKOTA
Show Details 03/26/08
FIRST USA BANK
Show Details 03/30/08
FIRST USA BANK
Show Details 03/26/08, 01/24/07

Could I request the CITIBANK USA N.A on 3/26/08 be cut down to 1 inquiry or possible even get two CITIBANKs removed? What about the FIRST USA BANK on 3/30/08?

I know these are all legit but was curious if this was done.

Rorer714 said: Floydian said: Any other confirmations of choppage? I'm curious, as I'm about to start a bumpage-o-rama.
I got C* on th 14th.

Me three. I'm more than a tad frustrated as I am only using two services (cheapskate) and should have started b* on EQ on 5/15. I'm now back down to 16 hards / 98 softs and unless EQ leaves things alone for 26 days or I sign up for another service I think I'm stuck with the 16 hards.

2Cor521

Choppage on March 31 and May 14
100% of my National City ID Inquiries are gone.
I have 137 soft inquiries still on my report as of today, and I have had no b* for 45 days.

dougneb said: Is it possible to request removal of inquiries that appear as duplicates on your EQ? For example, I have:

CITIBANK USA N.A
Show Details 03/26/08
CITIBANK USA NA
Show Details 03/26/08
CITIBANK OF SOUTH DAKOTA
Show Details 03/26/08
FIRST USA BANK
Show Details 03/30/08
FIRST USA BANK
Show Details 03/26/08, 01/24/07

Could I request the CITIBANK USA N.A on 3/26/08 be cut down to 1 inquiry or possible even get two CITIBANKs removed? What about the FIRST USA BANK on 3/30/08?

I know these are all legit but was curious if this was done.

I successfully disputed legit duplicates on EQ online, as long as each one of them does not correspond to a new account on your personal credit report.

with which monitoring service can u view soft pulls?

using TC, I have been able to remove 10 TU inq a month ago, but none of the EQ or EX ones went anywhere...

Ex never will. Eq will take a while - most people report 100 to 150 softs, but Eq has also been chopping softs every 50ish days. Most recent chop reports were around May 14-15.

dougneb said: Ex never will. Eq will take a while - most people report 100 to 150 softs, but Eq has also been chopping softs every 50ish days. Most recent chop reports were around May 14-15.

To add another data point to the mix, I was chopped on 5/22 (I assume I was not chopped until the 22nd, as I checked on 5/17 and had all my previous inquiries up to the 17th).

Here are my dates for True Credit (chopped on 5/22):
05/30/08, 05/29/08, 05/28/08, 05/27/08, 05/26/08, 05/25/08,
05/23/08, 04/30/08, 03/31/08, 02/29/08, 01/30/08, 12/30/07,
11/29/07

So perhaps I'm later in the chopping bin (in the past I've had choppage later than most). My credit report is relatively "new," as I am in my early 20s, so perhaps this designates chop dates?

Here's past choppage on 4/17/08 from my inquiry check on 5/17:
05/16/08, 05/15/08, 05/14/08, 05/12/08, 05/11/08, 05/09/08,
05/06/08, 05/05/08, 05/04/08, 04/30/08, 04/28/08, 04/26/08,
04/25/08, 04/23/08, 04/21/08, 04/20/08, 04/19/08, 04/18/08,
03/31/08, 02/29/08, 01/30/08, 12/30/07, 11/29/07

After reading several posts here and a bunch at Credit Boards, I am now more confused than when I started.

Has anyone found a definite way to bump off of Equifax? I have been using Credit Secure and it has not bumped off any of the AOR inquiries from November of 2007.

If anyone has studied and figured out a way to get rid of EQ, I would really appreciate it.

My inquiries:
TU = 1
EX = 1
EQ = 10

I have not been pulling my credit everyday though and need to get back in the habit. Should I just get rid of Credit Secure and try something else?

This is what I have gathered reading through the b* and A0R threads:

EQ requires 100-150 softs to start bumping. EQ has been chopping softs every 50ish days from a unique service. So if you were using TrueCredit for bumpage for May and you pulled daily, it would show as one inquiry on 5/31.

It seems the best way to accomplish bumpage would be to start pulling after most people report choppage. In order to get to 100-150, you would have to pull with 3 sources daily.

I'm trying with Chase Identity Protection and TrueCredit right now. I also did the free trials of PM 123, Credit Diagnosis, Credit Check Total, Credit Secure, and ScoreWatch for maybe 20 softs total. I also disputed a few minor discrepancies on my EQ to get stuckage inquiries.

I'm guesstimating that the next choppage will occur at the end of June.

dougneb said: This is what I have gathered reading through the b* and A0R threads:

EQ requires 100-150 softs to start bumping. EQ has been chopping softs every 50ish days from a unique service. So if you were using TrueCredit for bumpage for May and you pulled daily, it would show as one inquiry on 5/31.

It seems the best way to accomplish bumpage would be to start pulling after most people report choppage. In order to get to 100-150, you would have to pull with 3 sources daily.

I'm trying with Chase Identity Protection and TrueCredit right now. I also did the free trials of PM 123, Credit Diagnosis, Credit Check Total, Credit Secure, and ScoreWatch for maybe 20 softs total. I also disputed a few minor discrepancies on my EQ to get stuckage inquiries.

I'm guesstimating that the next choppage will occur at the end of June.

I read that a bunch of people at credit boards ended up with choppage on their files a month or two ago. It almost sounds like this will be the new way of doing business.

I guess I need to find some of the free trials to get the bumps in like you said.

Thanks

In mid-late 2007, after performing some credit card apps, I was able to bump EQ inquiries after performing an additional approx 85 soft pulls. I pulled with one service daily (T/C.)

More recently (and up until current), after performing some credit card apps in early 2008, I have again pulled soft inquiries with one service daily (PM123), but after about 15 weeks (and approx 105 soft pulls) I have no EQ bumpage to show for it. (My only inquiry or two on TU did fall off the report with the expected timing as usual, though.)

I have generally only been using one service to perform daily pulls. (Was using TC in 2007, and am currently using PM123.) I have not checked my "full" EQ report to see how the softs look (but maybe I will... am due a free annual report.)

Based on the unclear posts on F/W about performing multiple daily pulls to achieve "quicker bumpage", I was under the impression that only people using EQ creditwatch service were receiving the choppage (and the daily pulls using multiple service) allowed them to get bumpage despite the choppage, and get the bumpage quickly.

But now, after noticing how I have been pulling daily with no EQ bumpage to show for it in 2008, when I experienced EQ bumpage by now previously in 2007, I suspect far more people besides only those with Equifax C/W are getting EQ choppage. Perhaps anyone could now be prone to experiencing EQ choppage. And therefore, perhaps the "just one soft pull per day" strategy is no longer adequate for anyone to achieve EQ bumpage.

-6/9/08 update-
I got my free annual FACTA Equifax report online, and it came back all screwed up...
1. it was missing my primary mortgage (splittage? choppage?)
2. it showed all hard inquiries duplicated one extra time (weird side effect of choppage?) It was showing 13 hard inquiries instead of expected 7.
3. it showed various accounts being duplicated (ranging from 1-6 duplicates). Sometimes helping me (old duplicate accounts = raised average age) but I think other times hurting (way more student loan debt showing than I actually have!)
4. two duplicates of each soft inquiry were showing up (so, each soft inquiry was reported in batches of three inquiries.) total soft inquiry count = 157 including duplicates, or 53 excluding the duplicates.)
5. softs older than about 5/24 (such as PM123) were chopped (so they showed only one per month... or rather three if including the duplicates.)
6. The free FACTA report inquiry "Equifax" was the only inquiry showing up without any duplicate, but it was was showing up as both a soft inquiry and a hard inquiry!

I called EQ to dispute and they said that a lot of their customers were experiencing errors with duplicate accounts appearing in their reports generated online, but she assured me that the report creditors saw didn't have these duplicates. She is sending me a free "correct" copy of my credit report by mail. I will wait for that to arrive, and go from there.

Also it's worth noting that the rep was confused also about whether the PM123 ("TrueCredit/VERTRUE") inquiries were being counted as hard inquiries. Initially she said she saw them showing up as "CR" type inquiries which she said lowered credit score and were hard inquiries, but then after putting me on hold and speaking to someone, she came back and said they actually were not being counted as hard inquiries. Could this be evidence of EQ now treating TC/PM123 inquiries somehow differently than they used to? I just don't know.

I do wonder if the weirdness could have been actually triggered by my pulling the online free annual FACTA report.

-6/10/08 update-
The plot thickens! Today I signed up for a free Am Ex Credit Secure 30 day trial and pulled my first tribureau reports & scores from that service. All the scores and reports, -including EQ- up there looked good (no duplicate Equifax accounts, etc.)

Side note: Credit Secure did show only 5 inquiries for EQ (instead of the expected 7), but I think the two missing inquiries were just an inaccuracy specific to Credit Secure's service. My PM123 tribureau update the following day still showed 7 EQ inquiries.

-6/19/08 update-
I have now received the hardcopy version of my Equifax report in the mail. It contains all the proper information, with no duplicates (accounts or inquiries.) So all the oddball behavior was indeed only online. Interestingly however, the Equifax hardcopy report indicates 6 hard inquiries (Compared to 7 hards on PM123, and 5 on Credit Secure.)

I didn't see this mentioned here before, but they're not just chopping inq's from the same service, they're also chopping AR (account review) inquiries. I pulled two full EQ reports, one at the beginning of March and one at the end of May (free via Hillis/Slack Settlement). They clearly show monthly consolidation of TC inquiries, as well as AR inq's for my credit accounts -- old ARs with February dates are gone, the new ones are from April (and no, I didn't bump them myself -- I don't have nearly enough softs for that).

I concur with the above conclusions regarding use of 3-4 services daily for a month. They will probably counter this tactic by running their chopping script more often than the currently suspected "50ish days."

scripta said: I didn't see this mentioned here before, but they're not just chopping inq's from the same service, they're also chopping AR (account review) inquiries. I pulled two full EQ reports, one at the beginning of March and one at the end of May (free via Hillis/Slack Settlement). They clearly show monthly consolidation of TC inquiries, as well as AR inq's for my credit accounts -- old ARs with February dates are gone, the new ones are from April (and no, I didn't bump them myself -- I don't have nearly enough softs for that).

AR inquiries do not stack up like other softs, they are updated with the most recent account review date. That is not choppage. The only inquiries I have seen chopped are the ones from my daily pulls.

hair said: scripta said: I didn't see this mentioned here before, but they're not just chopping inq's from the same service, they're also chopping AR (account review) inquiries. I pulled two full EQ reports, one at the beginning of March and one at the end of May (free via Hillis/Slack Settlement). They clearly show monthly consolidation of TC inquiries, as well as AR inq's for my credit accounts -- old ARs with February dates are gone, the new ones are from April (and no, I didn't bump them myself -- I don't have nearly enough softs for that).

AR inquiries do not stack up like other softs, they are updated with the most recent account review date. That is not choppage. The only inquiries I have seen chopped are the ones from my daily pulls.

Yeah, unfortunately they don't stack Maybe someday they'll go crazy and chop off all inquiries... fingers crossed (but I'm still pulling 4 places anyways).

With our recent choppage lack-of-luck, it seems Equifax employees are watching this thread and laughing each time they chop off extraneous soft inquiries.

Has anyone been able to succesfully bump EQ inquiries ever since late March when all this choppage started? Looking through this thread I haven't noticed any confirmed bumpage.

I have 23 EQ inquiries! But only about 6 EX, and 0 TU.

tuffghost said: Has anyone been able to succesfully bump EQ inquiries ever since late March when all this choppage started? Looking through this thread I haven't noticed any confirmed bumpage.

I have 23 EQ inquiries! But only about 6 EX, and 0 TU.

I did an AOR on 3/31 and started pulling daily with PM123, TC and CK. On 4/23 I added daily CCT pulls. I bumped 6 TU inq's 4/21-4/23 and 15 EQ inq's 5/14-5/20.

hair said: AR inquiries do not stack...Ah... is that specific to EQ? I know they all stay on TU report (I have one from March).

I finally got one EQ off after pulling two services for 2 months. Down to 1.

tuffghost said: Has anyone been able to succesfully bump EQ inquiries ever since late March when all this choppage started? Looking through this thread I haven't noticed any confirmed bumpage.
Yes. Used 5 services over 20 days to bump 5 inquiries. By postmortem math, probably only needed 3 services.

cashonlyplease said: I finally got one EQ off after pulling two services for 2 months. Down to 1.

Which two were you using?

Looking for a third service to increase the likelihood of b* before next choppage. I've done almost all the free trials I can find and would rather spend closer to $10/month instead of $20/month. Like everyone who asks for help on FWF, time is against me so I don't want to wait a week for NCIP.

Any reviews on Credit Keeper? I've read that powersmacintosh and rorer714 both have used it. It appears that there is a 30-day trial and only one pull is allowed during the trial. $9.99/month afterwards with daily pulls? Can I call to skip the trial period and go right to the daily pulls?

My file has gotten so big it just locks

Floydian said: hair said: scripta said: I didn't see this mentioned here before, but they're not just chopping inq's from the same service, they're also chopping AR (account review) inquiries. I pulled two full EQ reports, one at the beginning of March and one at the end of May (free via Hillis/Slack Settlement). They clearly show monthly consolidation of TC inquiries, as well as AR inq's for my credit accounts -- old ARs with February dates are gone, the new ones are from April (and no, I didn't bump them myself -- I don't have nearly enough softs for that).

Yeah, unfortunately they don't stack Maybe someday they'll go crazy and chop off all inquiries... fingers crossed (but I'm still pulling 4 places anyways).

With our recent choppage lack-of-luck, it seems Equifax employees are watching this thread and laughing each time they chop off extraneous soft inquiries.

Here is a public service announcement for all Equifax IT employees:

- research demonstrates that with every bug fix, 10 new bugs are introduced.

Let's hope that w/ the choppage fix, there are some new bugs to take advantage of.

Say I want to use TC and Nat City for B*. Since they are both TU based, will I get two soft inquiries using daily pulls from these services, or only one soft inquiry per day?

gamer83 said: Say I want to use TC and Nat City for B*. Since they are both TU based, will I get two soft inquiries using daily pulls from these services, or only one soft inquiry per day?
You'll get two.

gamer83 said: Say I want to use TC and Nat City for B*. Since they are both TU based, will I get two soft inquiries using daily pulls from these services, or only one soft inquiry per day?ChumChurum said it bestThis post details how inquiries initiated by you, the consumer, are coded on the complete reports from the 3 CRAs.

I. MONITORING PROGRAMS First, let's enumerate the programs we know of:

1. TrueCredit.com (the official true credit)
2. AMEX Credit Secure
3. Privacy Matters
4. Natl City Identity
5. KeyBank PrivacyMatters
6. Chase Identity Protection.
7. There are a huge number of other programs as well, but these may not give you daily pulls or if they give you daily pulls, they only do so for one credit agency. These programs include: PrivacyGuard.com, City Ident Protect, identityguard.com (costco affiliate), etc, etc.

First thing to remember: except for AMEX Credit Secure, all the others are versions of the TransUnion / TrueLink program. However, they don't all report the same on the actual reports of the 3 CRAs.

II. HOW TO CHECK YOUR FULL / ACTUAL / COMPLETE REPORTS When you obtain your credit file through the above programs, you will only see the so-called hard-inquiries. You will not see account review (AR), promotional (PM or PRM), DTC, ND, etc, and your own pulls. In order to see your own pulls and all the other info, you must request an complete, actual report from each of the CRAs.

Here is how you do that. File an online dispute. You can initiate a dispute with EX and TU using the TrueCredit program, possibly other programs too. However, this is not the only route. However, this is not the only way to do so. You might want to try this link for TU: http://www.transunion.com/corporate/personal/creditDisputes.page if you already have a transunion.com username (same as your TrueCredit userid / pwd).

1. For TU, you can get a dispute-style complete actual report of your credit once every 30 days,
2. For EX, you can get this any time you want, as long as you have already done that once. When you do it the first time, record the report number and save it. From then on, you can go to www.experian.com/dispute,
3. For EQFX, I don't know of an easy way. But if you must do this, you can pay for a service called Equifax Credit Watch Gold, and be able to pull your EQ file once a day (don't overuse this, because this might split your file - I don't know whether this is an urban legend that parents tell their kids before they go to bed or what, but apparently collective wisdom is - don't overuse that).

III. HOW MONITORING PROGRAM PULLS APPEAR ON FULL REPORTSIf you are using a number of the programs in section I, then this is what you should see in your actual reports, when you obtain them using the approach described in section II:

1. On your actual Transunion report:

FIRSTNAME MI LAST NAME via TRUELINK, INC. - real TrueCredit.com
FIRSTNAME MI LAST NAME via TRUELINK/CHASE ID THEFT - Chase Identity Protect
FIRSTNAME MI LAST NAME via TRUELINK/NAT CTY ID PRT - National City Identiy Protect
CONSUMERINFO via CONSUMER INFO.COM - AMEX Credit Secure
FICO SCORE & TU REPORT - myFICO.com or related (REAL FICO score)
CONSUMER INFO.COM - possibly AMEX Credit Secure alert
TRUELINK, INC - alert agent associated with TrueCredit.com or similar
TRUELINK/CHASE ID THEFT - alert agent associated with Chase Identity Protect
INTERSECTIONS, INC - identity guard
DIRECT TO CONSUMER VIA INTERSECTIONS, INC - identity guard
FACTACT FREE DISCLOSURE - this is your once-a-year charity gift from the CRAs
PRIVACYGUARD VIA CONSUMERINFO.COM - privacyguard.com

2. On your Experian dispute report, this is what you will see:

TRANSUNION INTERACTIVE - TrueCredit.com, Chase IP, KeyBank PrivacyMat (all three are coded the same).
AMEX/CIC CREDIT RPT - credit secure
TRUELINK - any true link alerts
TrueCredit/PRIVACY MATTE - privacy matters
TrueCredit/NATL CITY IDE - natl city identity protection
CIC/TRILEGIANT - privacyguard.com
INTERSECTIONS INC - identityguard.com
CIC/EXPERIAN and variations - site that resells EXPERIAN, e.g. CreditExpert, freecreditreport
myFICO CONSUMER SERVICES - myFICO.com or related

3. On your Equifax actual report, this is what you will see:

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS - for AMEX Credit Secure
TrueCredit/CHASE - Chase IP
TRUELINK - TrueCredit.com, also alerts (possibly also KeyBank PrivacyMatters)
TrueCredit/VERTRUE - Natl Citi IP,
INTERSECTIONS - identityguard.com
Q-SPACE - privacyguard.com

Don't know: PrivacyMatters, and more. If someone could get this, it would be awesome.

Also, it appears that privacyguard.com has a sister site called mycreditkeeper.com, which allows monthly subscription. The soft-pulls generated by both programs are coded the same on the actual reports.

So looking at the results, I think - but I am not sure - subscribing to TrueCredit.com and KeyBank programs together might not bring any addtl. benefit.

IV. RECOMMENDATIONS DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS

I would suggest the following mix of products depending on your desired results:

1. Simple plain old monitoring, one service is enough: pick NatlCity or KeyBank ($10 and $9 each), and as an added bonus, you and a spouse can get it for $14.95 a month. Programs are not so sophisticated, scores are crap, alerts might not work fully, but you can pull a fresh report every 24 hrs. The scores and monitoring are available from transunion only, i.e. this is not 3-bureau monitoring,

2. Monitoring in over-drive, aka distinct daily pulls, aka parallel b* (cheapest option for each desired result).

I should pre-face this with the following: we don't know for sure if pulling your credit using multiple services makes b* any faster - we simply have a good reason to believe so, given the design flaws because of which b* works.

Update (August 12, 2007). By pulling using 4 services (TrueCredit, Natl City Id Protect, KeyBank Privacy Matters, and Credit Secure), I was able to wipe 2 TU inquiries in about 20 days. Compare this with a situation when I was pulling using 1 or 2 programs only - it took 45 days to get the first inquiry off.

- if willing to pay for only one svc, get Natl City OR KeyBank,
- for two, Natl City *AND* KeyBank,
- for three, Natl City, KeyBank, *AND* CreditSecure,
- for four, Natl City, KeyBank, CreditSecure, *AND* Chase,
- base on the information available to me at the time, I see no way to generate 5 distinct pulls a day on EQ (but possible on TU. You might be able to do 6 on TU).

Tthe reason I recommend CreditSecure before Chase is to have a different program, e.g. when TrueCredit is very slooooooooooow due to overload and technical issues, and you really need to get a report, you can try Credit Secure. Also, if you don't mind the extra cost, you can throw in Credit Secure before the KeyBank - personal preference.

If you want to b* AND be able to lock your transunion file, substitue KeyBank with TrueCredit.

Signing up for both Natl Citi ID Protect and KeyBank Privacy Matters might not work, if you use the same name, address, e-mail, and credit card (thanks to therivler1 for reminding me about this ), because these two programs are serviced by the same company behind the scenes. Creative ways to by-pass this restriction is to have one spouse sign up for one program as a member, and another spouse sign up for the other. If you use your creativity, you can even sign up for both if you don't have a spouse.

My 2 cents.

I think an appropriate slogan for TRUELINK based services will be: "TRUELINK: where you pay us to b* for you".

Thanks!

If I use my free once a year reports fom annual credit report.,com, will I then be able to see full inquiry lists?

jackcrawfish said:
ChumChurum said it best

II. HOW TO CHECK YOUR FULL / ACTUAL / COMPLETE REPORTS

Here is how you do that. File an online dispute. You can initiate a dispute with EX and TU using the TrueCredit program, possibly other programs too. However, this is not the only route. However, this is not the only way to do so. You might want to try this link for TU: http://www.transunion.com/corporate/personal/creditDisputes.page if you already have a transunion.com username (same as your TrueCredit userid / pwd).

1. For TU, you can get a dispute-style complete actual report of your credit once every 30 days,
2. For EX, you can get this any time you want, as long as you have already done that once. When you do it the first time, record the report number and save it. From then on, you can go to www.experian.com/dispute,
3. For EQFX, I don't know of an easy way. But if you must do this, you can pay for a service called Equifax Credit Watch Gold, and be able to pull your EQ file once a day (don't overuse this, because this might split your file - I don't know whether this is an urban legend that parents tell their kids before they go to bed or what, but apparently collective wisdom is - don't overuse that).

I was recently denied a credit limit increase on my credit card and received a letter saying that I was entitled to a free Equifax credit report due to being denied. After searching this forum I found this great thread which contains links on how to get your free report for a dispute, including Equifax. It was very easy, I had my report downloaded in a matter of minutes. Of course, I was able to check the option that said I had been denied credit so I got my report for free. I don't know how easy it would be if that wasn't the case but there were other options available at that site.

gamer83 said: Thanks!

If I use my free once a year reports fom annual credit report.,com, will I then be able to see full inquiry lists?

Yes, you should be able to. I haven't gotten my new report this year but my reports from a year ago show my soft inquiries. For EQ and EX the exact dates show up for each soft. For TU though there is only a month and year shown. Like I said though these reports are a year old so I don't know if this has changed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014