• 1 2 34514
  • Page
  • Text Only
Rorer714 said: win333 said: So WHO IS first advantage!!!! How are they CODED on your report. ie. TRUE LINK or EXPERIAN or XXXXXXX???????

Very interesting!!!!

CHIPS VIA CREDCO

Thanks, good to know. That will help the TC booties.

Rorer 714 HUH?

Your showing your age

win333 said: Rorer 714 HUH?

Your showing your age

That makes two of us!

I was ahead of my time I had older brothers.

Super thread.

Bumping still works (knock on wood) with TU. I'm using myprivacymatters and I got rid of 10 hard TU inquires in about 3 months. Knnocks on wood again...

I've b*ed off 4 transunion inquiries over the past 2 weeks using Identity Protect. Still waiting for EQs to start coming off.

NCIdentityProtect.com and Chaseidentityprotection.com seem to be exactly the same service---aparently from TU. If you wish to do "power b" can you use both of them each day and thus speed up the b results with TU hards by 1/2?

Rem1 said: I've b*ed off 4 transunion inquiries over the past 2 weeks using Identity Protect. Still waiting for EQs to start coming off.

duna said: NCIdentityProtect.com and Chaseidentityprotection.com seem to be exactly the same service---aparently from TU. If you wish to do "power b" can you use both of them each day and thus speed up the b results with TU hards by 1/2?
Yes, add to that Credit Secure and for about $35 everything is gone (TU & EQ) in 30 days. Think of the possibilities.

Rorer714 said: duna said: NCIdentityProtect.com and Chaseidentityprotection.com seem to be exactly the same service---aparently from TU. If you wish to do "power b" can you use both of them each day and thus speed up the b results with TU hards by 1/2?
Yes, add to that Credit Secure and for about $35 everything is gone (TU & EQ) in 30 days. Think of the possibilities.

Oh ya! The possibilties, I'm ready to do my 3rd app spree within 3 1/2 months of finding out about B*. To bad there isn't 100 BofA, CITI and CHASE banks out there Those 3 are special to me

Added Chase ID Protection to summary. Sorry, I canít get columns to line up. Can someone explain? Thank You!

I'd be careful with having more new accounts opened in such a short period of time. PLENTY of documented adverse action because of large amount of new accounts. Inquiries are NOT the only thing banks look at. And when they deem one "high risk", they don't hesitate to close ALL accounts.

win333 said:

Oh ya! The possibilties, I'm ready to do my 3rd app spree within 3 1/2 months of finding out about B*. To bad there isn't 100 BofA, CITI and CHASE banks out there Those 3 are special to me

Good advice. Probably after you have a reasonable number of cards for your type of usage, we should emphasize:
1-increasing the credit lines on the ones one has.
2-Apply only for cards which really seem to have some good deal or benefits for your type of usage.
3-Start weeding out cards with high fees and low CL( especially if they are newer cards).

Economist said: I'd be careful with having more new accounts opened in such a short period of time. PLENTY of documented adverse action because of large amount of new accounts. Inquiries are NOT the only thing banks look at. And when they deem one "high risk", they don't hesitate to close ALL accounts.

win333 said:

Without a special discount: is National City IP the cheapest at $8.95/month?

I'm only opening biz accounts, with new lenders for me. Luckily I've only gotten 5 new personls. But yes it worries me to even think of of asking bofa for more.

Economist said: I'd be careful with having more new accounts opened in such a short period of time. PLENTY of documented adverse action because of large amount of new accounts. Inquiries are NOT the only thing banks look at. And when they deem one "high risk", they don't hesitate to close ALL accounts.

win333 said:

good thread, I am also only looking for business cards now.

This is my first time using b* I have been using Credit Secure with AMEX. I have had around 70-100 pulls now (I threw away my old calendar so not sure exactly when it started. So far have gotten rid of 8 TU inquiries but have not yet seen anything on my 13 EX (I know this takes over 90 days to start) and have been waiting for my 15 EQ inquiries to start.

I wished I had used more than one reporting tool now, but is there a certain amount of time it usually takes until the EQ b* starts? It has been about 7 days since my last TU was bumped. I hope my situation isn't similar to the OP with EQ.

TIA!

Please be careful with AMEX business cards ----in the last few weeks they became very difficult and are reducing Cls.

People PLEASE post WHEN you bumped TU! This thread is becoming exactly what I did not want a " I recently bumped and all is fine" thread. Like I said, I bumped TU on 12-17 (From 8-18 - 12-17) and on my second AOR (using one of the same services) nothing has happened but I am seeing EQ bumpage. I now have well over 100 pulls logged on TU and have nothing.

Has anyone seen a TU inquiry bump off in the last couple of weeks? If so post the date.

On a side note my EQ file is sticking at 98 total pulls. I will post back when I figure out how exactly the "stack" works. It appears to be weighted to drop the soft pull of the most soft pulled service (rather than the oldest.) I am currently in the holding pattern waiting for the final 4 INQ's to fall off

I thought Experian inquires don'r come off with B*. Am I missing something?

I thought Experian inquires don't come off with B*, even after 90 days. Am I missing something?

Corndogg said: This is my first time using b* I have been using Credit Secure with AMEX. I have had around 70-100 pulls now (I threw away my old calendar so not sure exactly when it started. So far have gotten rid of 8 TU inquiries but have not yet seen anything on my 13 EX (I know this takes over 90 days to start) and have been waiting for my 15 EQ inquiries to start.

I wished I had used more than one reporting tool now, but is there a certain amount of time it usually takes until the EQ b* starts? It has been about 7 days since my last TU was bumped. I hope my situation isn't similar to the OP with EQ.

TIA!

dmlavigne1

Sorry I haven't been bumping as of late, after my next app spree I will again. I'll post then.

Bogdan said: I thought Experian inquires don'r come off with B*. Am I missing something?

I think he meant EQ. You are right Experian is unbumpable.

dmlavigne1 said: Bogdan said: I thought Experian inquires don'r come off with B*. Am I missing something?

Thanks! By the way, I did my AOR monday and there are 15 inquiries on my CR, 14 of which are to Experian, including the ones from Citi, Chase, BOA and AMEX. For sure I'll have to wait for a while before attempting a second AOR. Also, I'll be surprized to get even close to all approvals this time.

Freezing exp. is just a better way to go.

dmlavigne1 said: Bogdan said: I thought Experian inquires don'r come off with B*. Am I missing something?

Sorry I thought I read in another thread somewhere that EX can be bumped around 30 days after TU. I must have been mistaken. This is my first time doing b* so I am still learning myself. I guess my question then is how long does one usually have to wait for between b* after TU finishes before EQ starts?

By the way, my TU started b* on or just before Jan 1st, '09 with 9 inquiries. I saw 8 inquiries on Jan 4th, 5 on Jan 7th, and 0 on Jan 10th or 11th. For me they definately b* in groups and didn't seem to update every day like I had expected.

Corndogg said: dmlavigne1 said: Bogdan said: I thought Experian inquires don'r come off with B*. Am I missing something?

Sorry I thought I read in another thread somewhere that EX can be bumped around 30 days after TU. I must have been mistaken. This is my first time doing b* so I am still learning myself. I guess my question then is how long does one usually have to wait for between b* after TU finishes before EQ starts?

By the way, my TU started b* on or just before Jan 1st, '09 with 9 inquiries. I saw 8 inquiries on Jan 4th, 5 on Jan 7th, and 0 on Jan 10th or 11th. For me they definately b* in groups and didn't seem to update every day like I had expected.

I thought I noticed them bumpin in groups also.

Bogdan said: dmlavigne1 said: Bogdan said: I thought Experian inquires don'r come off with B*. Am I missing something?

Thanks! By the way, I did my AOR monday and there are 15 inquiries on my CR, 14 of which are to Experian, including the ones from Citi, Chase, BOA and AMEX. For sure I'll have to wait for a while before attempting a second AOR. Also, I'll be surprized to get even close to all approvals this time.

Wow - all EX. If you were setup to freeze EX, you could apply for another batch of applications.

At any rate, going forward, might be good to freeze your EX.

You could apply again in Feb of 2009, at which point your 14 EX inquiries would be at least 1 year old and irrelevant for your score according to most models.

tolamapS said: You could apply again in Feb of 2009, at which point your 14 EX inquiries would be at least 1 year old and irrelevant for your score according to most models.
Inquires only count towards your true Fico score for the first year. They stay on your report (EX) for all creditors to see for two years. If they pull EX again (next AOR) and see 14 inquires donít be surprise if you get instant denials. Also get ready for adverse action when they pull there monthly account review.

Rorer714 said: tolamapS said: You could apply again in Feb of 2009, at which point your 14 EX inquiries would be at least 1 year old and irrelevant for your score according to most models.
Inquires only count towards your true Fico score for the first year. They stay on your report (EX) for all creditors to see for two years. If they pull EX again (next AOR) and see 14 inquires donít be surprise if you get instant denials. Also get ready for adverse action when they pull there monthly account review.

Inquiries stay for 2 years - agreed. Effect on report after 1 full year - I am not so sure I agree. Instant denials because of the 14 inquiries after 1 year - sure, possible; but worth the try. He has a powerful strategy: freeze EX and then do whatever. At that point, a bigger worry might be the number of new accounts opened in the last 12 / 24 months.

Also get ready for adverse action when they pull there monthly account review. Well, he already has 14, and there is nothing he can do about that. If that 14 alone is going to result in adverse action, then what difference does it make if he freezes EX, and applies for more credit cards. He won't get any more EX inquiries. The 14 is already a "sunk cost" at this point.

I was just letting him know how the scoring model (Fico) seems to work. Also, I do not think freezing your report stops existing creditors from seeing your report for account review purposes. You might want to check on that.

Rorer714 said: I was just letting him know how the scoring model (Fico) seems to work. Also, I do not think freezing your report stops existing creditors from seeing your report for account review purposes. You might want to check on that.

Thank you, both! It's been a pleasure reading through this post and noticing how much people like you know about credit reporting.

Back on topic:

I missed pulling yesterday and did the normal double pull this morning and Bamn! all 4 TU inquiries are gone! From last week the file had 97 SP's on it, + 6 more, then skip a day and on the first pull all 4 are gone. This was the first day I missed in about 16. Do you think the break allowed the INQ's to fall off like that? I am confused to how exactly the system works. My last AOR, they fell off on a 1 pull per bump schedule and it was much quicker. This was just weird.

My EQ should start up again tomorrow. It appears that Identity Protect SP's are being bumped up to the date of the next hard pull. This is also weird because there are older soft pulls that remain.

Hi there. I think I can help with your questiion. I started pulling TC, Nat City, Chase Identity, and PM 123 a few weeks ago in December. My pulls in the month of December were sporadic, but in January they have been steady. I pull PM, Nat City, and Chase daily, and TC only once a week or even less than that, as I feel they are somehow watchdog's for the rest of the services. I have pulled 71 times (not sure how many actual softs were created) over all these services as of yesterday. Today, I started bumping Equifax which surprised me. I was of course expecting TU to bump first. But 3 hard's fell of Equifax today. This confused me so I did a search and found this thread you started. So I think you are on to something about TU being different. This is the first time I have tried bumping, just found Fatwallet in early December.

Hmmm.... interesting. Maybe I won't pull tommorrow and see what happens on TU. Perhaps you figured it out?!! I do know that today I pulled PM, (1 Eq fell off) Nat city, (1 EQ fell off) Chase Identity Protection (nothing), TC (1 EQ fell off) and Chase ID Protection (I joined that service just now) (1 EQ fell off) in that order. Ps, you mentioned a double pull after missing a day. How do you double pull? They let you do that?

Double pull is just 2 services 1 pull each. Nothing fancy.

Using Credit Secure from AMEX I can vouch that TU b* first for me. I am still waiting for my Equifax to b*. As another data point, I observed TU b* in groups and I have had the habit of not pulling on either Saturday or Sunday mostly because I forget. As others have mentioned, missing a day may very well be why TU b* in groups and not daily.

dmlavigne1 said: Back on topic:

I missed pulling yesterday and did the normal double pull this morning and Bamn! all 4 TU inquiries are gone! From last week the file had 97 SP's on it, + 6 more, then skip a day and on the first pull all 4 are gone. This was the first day I missed in about 16. Do you think the break allowed the INQ's to fall off like that? I am confused to how exactly the system works. My last AOR, they fell off on a 1 pull per bump schedule and it was much quicker. This was just weird.

My EQ should start up again tomorrow. It appears that Identity Protect SP's are being bumped up to the date of the next hard pull. This is also weird because there are older soft pulls that remain.

First of all, congratulations.

Second, about all 4 disappearing as a result of 1 soft inquiry. I explained earlier that there is a block structure.

Suppose that your TU file has room for 100 inquiries in 25 blocks, 4 inquiries per block.

Suppose all 25 blocks are full. And a soft inquiry comes. The system chooses 1 block to kick out of the file system. If that block happens to hold 4 hard inquiries, all hards will be gone.

In that same scenario, if you have more hard inquiries, then even if those hard inquiries came on the same day as the previous 4, you might need 4 additional softs before any of them go away. In other words, your next 3 softs are falling into empty available slots.

The recipe that kicks of existing inquiries to make room (eviction policy) is probably FIFO, but there might be priority given to some categories.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: if you flood enough softs, hards will be removed. It is just too difficult to model the exact order and timing of the removals. That's all.

there are older soft pulls that remain.: do you mind sharing what softs are these, i.e. source and date? Thanks.

duna said: Please be careful with AMEX business cards ----in the last few weeks they became very difficult and are reducing Cls.

As an OT response, I can also vouch for this with personal cards. I went on vacation to realize they had reduced my credit limit from the $24,500 (see the AMEX on crack thread) to my current usage amount of $12,500. They did not charge any over limit fees but I was a little disappointed to have to go home and pay $1,500 to get it under the 90% usage limit. They also reduced my second AMEX card from $25,500 limit to a mere $500. At least I got a free 10k of 0% APR on purchases out of them for 15 months.
/End OT Rant

tolamapS said:

Second, about all 4 disappearing as a result of 1 soft inquiry. I explained earlier that there is a block structure.

Suppose that your TU file has room for 100 inquiries in 25 blocks, 4 inquiries per block.

Suppose all 25 blocks are full. And a soft inquiry comes. The system chooses 1 block to kick out of the file system. If that block happens to hold 4 hard inquiries, all hards will be gone.

In that same scenario, if you have more hard inquiries, then even if those hard inquiries came on the same day as the previous 4, you might need 4 additional softs before any of them go away. In other words, your next 3 softs are falling into empty available slots.

The recipe that kicks of existing inquiries to make room (eviction policy) is probably FIFO, but there might be priority given to some categories.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: if you flood enough softs, hards will be removed. It is just too difficult to model the exact order and timing of the removals. That's all.

That is very interesting tolomapS. That is one good explanation of the group b*. Do you have an inside on TU to know all of this? Do all CRAs work like this or just TU, and is this a new method to their system since others have reported previously that TU did it on a one-to-one pull-to-b* and not in groups like we are seeing now.

Corndogg said: duna said: Please be careful with AMEX business cards ----in the last few weeks they became very difficult and are reducing Cls.

As an OT response, I can also vouch for this with personal cards. I went on vacation to realize they had reduced my credit limit from the $24,500 (see the AMEX on crack thread) to my current usage amount of $12,500. They did not charge any over limit fees but I was a little disappointed to have to go home and pay $1,500 to get it under the 90% usage limit. They also reduced my second AMEX card from $25,500 limit to a mere $500. At least I got a free 10k of 0% APR on purchases out of them for 15 months.
/End OT Rant

I just had 1 TU fall off and wasn't even trying really I only had 2 left from nov. and most don't care to look at my TU anyway.
Corndogg- when AMEX did that to me it was because a old collection showed up. So you better check your report good. After I got rid of it AMEX loves me again and gave me 2 more cards.

About the TU blocks theory, I talked about this higher up in this thread. That is exactly how it works, When I 1st studied B* I saw this happening and could not find anyone on fatwallet talking about it. So finally others are starting to see it. I have old softs and have bumped newer inqs.

This is not new for TU since I saw it back in SEPT 07. I have had the same thing happen with EQ. I have lost 8 EQ in 1 day, it only happened once.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.