• 15 6 78914
  • Page
  • Text Only
I have 101 softs and 8 hards. Haven't seen any B* yet.

I use TC, CCT, and ChaseIDProtect.

I am using True Credit right now and I cannot find where to click to order a new report. Where to I click to order ym daily current report, not just be displayed my one day old report? Thanks!

On the page of your old report, on the right hand side menu there should be "update report" or something similar (havent used it in a while so dont remember exactly)

dougneb said: Looking for a third service to increase the likelihood of b* before next choppage. I've done almost all the free trials I can find and would rather spend closer to $10/month instead of $20/month. Like everyone who asks for help on FWF, time is against me so I don't want to wait a week for NCIP.

Any reviews on Credit Keeper? I've read that powersmacintosh and rorer714 both have used it. It appears that there is a 30-day trial and only one pull is allowed during the trial. $9.99/month afterwards with daily pulls? Can I call to skip the trial period and go right to the daily pulls?

I broke down and got AM3X Credit Secure. I was on the one month free trial. I had to do the business version since it is registered on a biz AM3X and I have no personal non-cobranded AM3X cards. It's $22.99/month but I'm hoping to only need it for this month to bump my remainined EQs off. I'm guesstimating I will be at 150 softs by the end of June.

dougneb said:
I broke down and got AM3X Credit Secure. I was on the one month free trial. I had to do the business version since it is registered on a biz AM3X and I have no personal non-cobranded AM3X cards. It's $22.99/month but I'm hoping to only need it for this month to bump my remainined EQs off. I'm guesstimating I will be at 150 softs by the end of June.

So you can sign up for AMEX Credit Secure with a AMEX business card? I have two AMEX biz card but no personal cards w/ them. It would be great if I could add another service to help in B*.

I've so far managed to b* 12 TU inquiries off in the past month, still working on my 14 EQ inquiries.

dbreaker said: So you can sign up for AMEX Credit Secure with a AMEX business card? I have two AMEX biz card but no personal cards w/ them. It would be great if I could add another service to help in B*.

I've so far managed to b* 12 TU inquiries off in the past month, still working on my 14 EQ inquiries.

Yes you can. And at only $22.99 a month! If you sign in to your AM3X account, find 'Additional Products and Services' on the menu bar at the top of the page and select 'Business CreditSecure'. Click Enroll to get started. There's a free 30 day trial where you only get one pull. You can cancel on day 1 and re-enroll using the same link and get daily pulls (Thanks jackcrawfish).

It's not the cheapest, but now I'm getting daily pulls from 3 different services. I wanted to try Credit Keeper but this will work for now.

dougneb said: dbreaker said: So you can sign up for AMEX Credit Secure with a AMEX business card? I have two AMEX biz card but no personal cards w/ them. It would be great if I could add another service to help in B*.

Yes you can. And at only $22.99 a month! If you sign in to your AM3X account, find 'Additional Products and Services' on the menu bar at the top of the page and select 'Business CreditSecure'. Click Enroll to get started. There's a free 30 day trial where you only get one pull. You can cancel on day 1 and re-enroll using the same link and get daily pulls (Thanks jackcrawfish).

It's not the cheapest, but now I'm getting daily pulls from 3 different services. I wanted to try Credit Keeper but this will work for now.
You're welcome. The cancel day one and then re-enroll immediately for daily pulls idea was originally abalazs. props to abalazs!

Very weird happenings in my EQ report outlined in my update to previous post here.

I got Equifax Scorewatch from the hills settlement. Is it possible to do B* with this service? I didn't see anywhere on that service that I could get free credit reports updated daily or at all....

Anybody get a 'please stay' offer when cancelling AM3X CreditSecure? I asked the CS person when I was cancelling my free trial and enrolling for the pay option if I call the same number to cancel (testing the waters). He said yes but they would "try to keep me as a customer".

Anybody get a buyback from CreditSecure?

dougneb said: Anybody get a 'please stay' offer when cancelling AM3X CreditSecure? I asked the CS person when I was cancelling my free trial and enrolling for the pay option if I call the same number to cancel (testing the waters). He said yes but they would "try to keep me as a customer".

Anybody get a buyback from CreditSecure?
So that I am clear in my understanding,

(1) you attempted to cancel your 30-day trial service via the vioce response system and received the 'please stay' offer?
(2) Then you transferred out of the VRU to a rep and
(3) asked whether you called in again if the same 'please stay' offer would be available?
(4) Were the terms of the offer disclosed beyond the "try to keep [you] as a customer"?

Sorry... here's the breakdown:

1. I started a biz creditsecure trial account online
2. I called to see if I can switch to personal creditsecure (11.99/mo vs 22.99/mo)
3. Agent cancelled biz cs to see if he could start personal cs
4. Found out that it can't be done
5. I asked if I turn biz back on if I would be able to pull daily (Agent said yes)
6. Enrolled online
7. I asked if I call agent back to cancel
8. Agent said yes but they would try to keep me as a customer

Asking if anyone cancelled via an agent and got a buyback offer.

dougneb said: Sorry... here's the breakdown:

1. I started a biz creditsecure trial account online
2. I called to see if I can switch to personal creditsecure (11.99/mo vs 22.99/mo)
3. Agent cancelled biz cs to see if he could start personal cs
4. Found out that it can't be done
5. I asked if I turn biz back on if I would be able to pull daily (Agent said yes)
6. Enrolled online

What is this "buyback offer" you speak off?

dbreaker said: dougneb said: ...

What is this "buyback offer" you speak off?

Please see above as to what I am speaking of

Hello,

I am currently subscribed to TrueCredit, AMEX Credit Secure, Chase ID Protection, and Privacy Matters for bumpage. I have been pulling my reports every other day for three months, and I see no SOFT inquiries, only the original hard inquiries I was trying to remove in the first place.

I went to each reporting agency to make sure I was in opt-in status. (I was previously in opt-out status however I opted back in sometime in January 2008).

Unfortunately I have not seen any softs since I have opted back in. I have also gone to www.optoutprescreen.com to ensure I was opted in.

On their websites, it indicates it will take 5 days to be included in the opt-in databases.
Note, I have received numerous credit offers in the mail but no SOFTS as of yet.

Does anyone on this board have any insight into what the problem could be?

Thanks,
C

CCinMiami said: Hello,

I am currently subscribed to TrueCredit, AMEX Credit Secure, Chase ID Protection, and Privacy Matters for bumpage. I have been pulling my reports every other day for three months, and I see no SOFT inquiries, only the original hard inquiries I was trying to remove in the first place.

I went to each reporting agency to make sure I was in opt-in status. (I was previously in opt-out status however I opted back in sometime in January 2008).

Unfortunately I have not seen any softs since I have opted back in. I have also gone to www.optoutprescreen.com to ensure I was opted in.

On their websites, it indicates it will take 5 days to be included in the opt-in databases.
Note, I have received numerous credit offers in the mail but no SOFTS as of yet.

Does anyone on this board have any insight into what the problem could be?

Thanks,
C

Ok, I'm guessing you are trying to bump from EQ cuz EX doesn't and TU is EZ to bump. I would pull your free report from EQ to see your actual softs. If you pull every other day with 4 services, and choppage is occuring every 50 days, then you are getting 25 * 4 = 100 softs. That doesn't sound like enough to actually bump anything off. I would pull daily.

B* using 4 services about 65% of the time since mid-February. All TU inquiries b*ed. A few inquiries were disputed of Equifax. Since the disputes were removed, not a single Equifax inquiry has b*ed - 4 remaining. Experian has been frozen at 6 since early February.

anyone knows roughly when the next choppage is taking place?

merchy said: anyone knows roughly when the next choppage is taking place?

My uneducated guesstimate (based on other reports) is the they are happening every 45-50 days. Last choppage was middle of May. Look towards the end of June for the next one. I wouldn't start a bumpage effort right now. I'm on track to get 150 softs by end of June. Hopefully I can get some inq's bumped.

dougneb said:

My uneducated guesstimate (based on other reports) is the they are happening every 45-50 days. Last choppage was middle of May. Look towards the end of June for the next one. I wouldn't start a bumpage effort right now. I'm on track to get 150 softs by end of June. Hopefully I can get some inq's bumped.

thanks. i just started with TrueCredit 2 days ago. Guess now I'll wait till end of June to get 2 more services to clear my Equifax..

Whats another good service to add to B* besides the TC-related services (I am currently banned)? Right now I have CS, CCT, & ChaseID. I also have Credit Karma, but that only works w/ TU.

My TU is @ 0, but EQ is at 14; my goal is to B* that off. If I pulled everyday w/ 4 services before choppage occurs, then that should generated ~200 softs which should knock those EQs off, right?

how do people get banned from true credit?

Dumb question here. Does the pull time affect? I usually pull the report during midnight, but what if those bureau are updating the system...

sjoy1 said: how do people get banned from true credit?The master thread... basically, excess usage.

I've had 3 b* this week on EQ, 2 with using CWG.

shadow3277 said: I've had 3 b* this week on EQ, 2 with using CWG.

I bumped 6 of 7 (the last one was an inquiry from last week unfortunately) on EQ these past 2 days via PM123, TC, CS and Chase ID Protection... phew!

Floydian said: shadow3277 said: I've had 3 b* this week on EQ, 2 with using CWG.

I bumped 6 of 7 (the last one was an inquiry from last week unfortunately) on EQ these past 2 days via PM123, TC, CS and Chase ID Protection... phew!

Nice. I'm hoping to get more b* tonight on CIDP, TC, and NCIP. I have 2 recent inquiries so I know I won't be getting rid of those so soon. But I'd like to get rid of the other 5 before the next round of c*.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet... I went to the Credit Secure link from the Quick Summary and there was no 30 day free trial offered, it now makes this offer:

50% savings for the first two months!

Hurry-offer expires 8/1/08

Only $11.99 automatically billed each month to your American Express Card for as long as you are enrolled with a one time $11.99 credit after your 2ndmonth. If enrollment is canceled before the end of the 2ndmonth, no credit will be issued for any part of enrollment.

This is already a good price and a really great offer if you plan to keep it more than 2 months.

Also when I tried to enroll it allowed me to choose from either my personal or my business card to link it to, and there was no difference in price for the business card as was discussed earlier in this thread.

But, I wasn't able to complete my enrollment. At the end of it I received this error page:

Sorry we are unable to process your request due to temporary difficulties.

Please contact our Customer Care Representatives toll free at 1-866-617-1893, Monday through Friday 8am to Midnight EST and Saturday 9am to Midnight EST, for futher assistance. We have provided an error code below as a reference when calling our Customer Care center.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

wHAT IS cwg?

chocula said: shadow3277 said: I've had 3 b* this week on EQ, 2 with using CWG.

wHAT IS cwg?

Equifax Credit Watch Gold

No you didn't, see my original post. All CWG does is update the pull date. You may have seen the results of bumpage on it but it was not the cause of bumpage.

dmlavigne1 said: shadow3277 said: I've had 3 b* this week on EQ, 2 with using CWG.

No you didn't, see my original post. All CWG does is update the pull date. You may have seen the results of bumpage on it but it was not the cause of bumpage.

I know what happened and it was b*. I'm not a newb at this, been doing it along time.

I didn't believe it either but I b* one off with a CWG pull this morning.

dougneb said: I didn't believe it either but I b* one off with a CWG pull this morning.

You are useing another service right? If so, your other service hits and registers a bump from the previous hit, then adds the soft pull to the stack and you check it with Equifax gold. EG shows a bump. How can it bump when there is nothing being added to the stack??? Its impossible

dmlavigne1 said: dougneb said: I didn't believe it either but I b* one off with a CWG pull this morning.

You are useing another service right? If so, your other service hits and registers a bump from the previous hit, then adds the soft pull to the stack and you check it with Equifax gold. EG shows a bump. How can it bump when there is nothing being added to the stack??? Its impossible

I went 3 days w/out pulling anything but CWG and bumped off 2 inq. I went back to pulling my other pullers after I had b* 2 just using CWG. Using the other pullers I b* off another 4. My CWG pulls are being added to the stack.

Interesting. I never knew.

My TrueCredit isn't working to update my report. Anyone else having this issue? The Update Report link is gone.

dougneb said: Interesting. I never knew.

My TrueCredit isn't working to update my report. Anyone else having this issue? The Update Report link is gone.

I'm not having this problem, the Update Report link shows up for me, on the right side under Related Items.

I think I got shut down. Looks like it is time to call. I just started getting b* too.

EDIT: Called, they said my charge didn't go through. I think it is bogus because it went through fine the first time. They escalated to tech support and said I should be back up and running in 24 to 48 hours. I'm glad I didn't get blacklisted but my b* is closing. I used PFCU Visa to sign up during the $9.95/mo sale posted last month. I think the $9.95 promo deal is still going.

Adding a data point... Pulled my reports from annualcreditreport.com today.
Me
EQ 6 hard inq 33 soft inq
EX 6 hard inq 236 soft inq
TU 0 hard inq 61 soft inq

Wife
EQ 3 hard inq 20 soft inq
EX 1 hard inq 118 soft inq
TU 0 hard inq 72 soft inq

For me Equifax shows

CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS (AMEX Credit secure)
06/22/08, 06/21/08, 06/20/08,
05/31/08,
04/30/08,
03/31/08,
02/29/08,
01/30/08,
12/31/07,
11/30/07
TrueCredit/VERTRUE (National City Identity Protect)
06/21/08, 06/20/08,
05/31/08,
04/30/08

For wife, Equifax shows
CIC/EXPERIAN RPTS (AMEX Credit secure)
06/22/08, 06/21/08, 06/20/08,
05/31/08,
04/29/08,
03/31/08,
02/29/08
TrueCredit/VERTRUE (National City Identity Protect)
06/21/08,
06/20/08,
05/31/08,
04/30/08

Experian and TU show the correct daily soft pulls but Equifax is missing all my daily soft pulls from before Friday 6/20, and is only showing one per month before that.
I'm getting ready for an AOR for my wife and have been pulling daily using both AMEX CS and NC Identity Protect..but it looks like I'm not going to be able to get enough soft's on EQ to to bump the hards before I start the AOR

At least I was able to easily get 19 and 22 hard inq's bumped from TU with no problem, but EQ looks like an problem if the are going to only keep 1 soft inq from each service per month.

tim1 said:
Experian and TU show the correct daily soft pulls but Equifax is missing all my daily soft pulls from before Friday 6/20, and is only showing one per month before that.

perhaps the most recent EQ choppage occurred on 06/20? can anyone else confirm this with their report?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014