• Text Only
peteypablo said: Cheapoking said: I've been using NCidentity protect through PM123 for over three to four months, and I have yet to see a drop inquire for any of the CB?

Yes, TU based services won't bump TU, and a single service will bump EQ only in extraordinary circumstances, if at all.

Thanks. Which one(s) would be recommended then?

To bump TU, Credit Secure.

after
Disclaimer

Softs are missing from 2008
Disclaimer

NCIP Used to show daily pulls
Disclaimer
Experian bumpage !??!!

There must be a technical glitch or something...

I had all of my 2008 hard Experian inquiries fall off with today's pull. (see before and after images)

EDIT: Unlike my report, MrsJ's 2008 Experian hard inquiries did not fall off.

EDIT2: I pulled an Experian report tonight to view my softs and discovered that all of 2008 is completely missing and the daily recording of pulls by TrueCredit and AMEXCreditSecure are now shown monthly (in the same manner EQ has been doing forever with choppage)

Federal Trade Commission rules governing the advertisement of free credit reports take effect Friday.

link to full story

To skirt new federal rules regulating Web sites that advertise free credit reports, they no longer are advertising "Free Credit Report!" Insteadthey have changed their look in recent days and now say they're offering "Free Credit Scores."
TrueCredit.com parent TransUnion and CreditReport.com parent Mighty Net Inc. did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Experian, which owns FreeCreditReport.com, said in a statement this week that it "has been, and will continue to be, in compliance with the FTC's rules regarding the marketing of free credit reports. We remain committed to clearly and conspicuously disclosing to consumers that the free report we offer is not the free annual credit file disclosure provided by federal law, and plan to comply with the FTC's rules."

Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hirenrp said: Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Still works but can be a pain in the arse to acheive (not to mention costly).

It is highly reccommended you use 4 services (three is adequate in some months and even two CAN work if there is no choppage to your EQ file for 60+ days).

hirenrp said: Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
good god! 26 inquiries in 2 years...how many are on experian?

solarUS said: hirenrp said: Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I though those numbers were common among FWr's?

I was poking around creditboards and there seems to be a "chop list" that some people get put on, and some people are not on it so they don't get chopped at all. Current popular theory is that doing a "backdoor" puts you on the list.

hapsnn said: I was poking around creditboards and there seems to be a "chop list" that some people get put on, and some people are not on it so they don't get chopped at all. Current popular theory is that doing a "backdoor" puts you on the list.

Whats a backdoor? Can you reference the thread? Thanks.

solarUS said: hirenrp said: Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Haha, most of them are multiple pulls, only a few (4?) are single pulls, not too sure about experian, assuming between 12 and 14?

jackcrawfish said: hirenrp said: Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Still works but can be a pain in the arse to acheive (not to mention costly).

It is highly reccommended you use 4 services (three is adequate in some months and even two CAN work if there is no choppage to your EQ file for 60+ days).

Any good reccomendations?

hirenrp said: jackcrawfish said: hirenrp said: Does bumpage still work? or does it get chopped? I have about 12 hard inquiries on TU and 14 on eq that i want to knock off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Still works but can be a pain in the arse to acheive (not to mention costly).

Any good reccomendations?
Credit Check Total (29.99 per month though some get retention deal for less after calling to cancel)
Credit Secure (only available if you have an American Express card)
USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium

read all you ever wanted to know about these services (and nuances related to bumping hards) via this link to a creditboards thread

Looks like TU is reinserting bumped inquiries again.

notalotbot said: Looks like TU is reinserting bumped inquiries again.Many reports of this now!!!

11 inquiries came roaring back for DW and 10 for me. I guess it's too early to tell if they bump again? I'm going to try. If they don't, I'll have to reconsider whether it is worth it to maintain Credit Secure for 1)better detail than Credit Karma, and 2)ability to dispute balances online.

The same here: 7 inqs came back on TU

4 back here.

ColbyS said: 4 back here.

And you didn't believe me.

Yep. Karma for giving you red I guess. According to everyone on CB TU is hunkering down.

pulls on TU
Disclaimer
ColbyS said: According to everyone on CB TU is hunkering down.I pulled MrsJ's Transunion report this morning. She had a couple of September 2009 hards added back to her credit profile. More importantly, all of the pulls she has been doing this month (with USAA, CCT, NCIDP, CreditSecure & My Privacy Matters) were chopped (in the same way EQ chops).

See image at left.

What's unknown is whether this will be a daily chop by TransUnion or monthly like EQ does. I suspect TU will chop daily just like they have been doing with Credit Karma.....

man, my cr looks ugly now with all TU inquiries back

Anyone get bumpage after the chopage on 4/26?

Uso said: Anyone get bumpage after the chopage on 4/26?Yes. DW bumped a 09/29/2009 re-inserted hard with a 05/01/2010 pull.

My soft pulls are now capped at 52 no matter how many pulls I initiate. 63 pulls are needed for a an inquiry to be removed so TU bumpage is dead for me.

An app was created and posted on creditboards that will count your inquiries that count towards bumpage on EQ and TU if you copy/pate into the applett.
Link here: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=432347

Can anyone direct me to a credit monitoring progam that can bump transunion inquiries, i have research them all and most can pull only monthly,cct is experian based and unable to bump transunion, i have research these companies,privacy guard,identity guard,privacy matters,usaa credit check same as consumerinfo.com,chase id protection,AMEX secure id,national city identity protect,i am only using credit karma for now,all of these were research as of 5/4/10, has all these companies caught on to the bumpage practice

inquiryfree said: Can anyone direct me to a credit monitoring progam that can bump transunion inquiries, i have research them all and most can pull only monthly,cct is experian based and unable to bump transunion, i have research these companies,privacy guard,identity guard,privacy matters,usaa credit check same as consumerinfo.com,chase id protection,AMEX secure id,national city identity protect,i am only using credit karma for now,all of these were research as of 5/4/10, has all these companies caught on to the bumpage practice
It's not the credit monitoring companies that have caught on, it's Transunion. Good luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014