• 12 3 458
  • Page
  • Text Only
bsamson said: If people are getting scores above 900 despite their literature indicating a top-end of 900, they may question its accuracy in providing a realistic trend. Like me. TU score 805, CK score 906.
CK score goes from 150 to 950. They state it https://www.creditkarma.com/compare/ (click only after logging in)

Has anyone else been getting a "could not retrieve credit score" when trying to refresh creditkarma? The last time I was able to do it was Feb 15.

markkundinger said: Has anyone else been getting a "could not retrieve credit score" when trying to refresh creditkarma? The last time I was able to do it was Feb 15.


I've gotten it everyday for a week, I have had trouble before with my address changing on my TU and that caused trouble with some monitoring services. Double check your address on TU, in my case B* caused my address to get bumped off.

mark - no problems either with KC all week.

Nice site. Helped me bump off all the TU inquiries at least. The comparison charts are nice but it would be great to have the comparison broken down by factors like utilization, credit age, etc. Still, nice site considering that it's Beta.

I figured out my problem. When I was prompted for the last four of my SSN, I wasn't actually entering the last four of my social security number. I thought it was some sort of PIN-type field. I got the update after two tries.

Reading really IS fundamental!

895 today.. Haven't checked FICO in about a year, but I think it was 770 or so then.

sieglerc said: Nice site. Helped me bump off all the TU inquiries at least. The comparison charts are nice but it would be great to have the comparison broken down by factors like utilization, credit age, etc. Still, nice site considering that it's Beta.

Yes, that would be nice. But these guys (the following is pure speculation) do NOT have a refined model which would quantify one's credit risk as a score with same/better precision as FICO/Vantage/etc. Their score is something someone slapped together in a few days and tuned using credit files of his office mates and friends. Now, that they've grabbed the audience, they may tune their score a lot better ... this may be CreditKarma's long term strategy. Their short term strategy appears to be to generate ad revenue. I doubt they'll stay as they are for a long time, they'll either be disbanded, bought or will merge with one of the big names in the credit scoring business.

ImpulseTrain said: I noticed today that they added a national score distribution histogram, national percentile, credit karma percentile, and how lenders see you. It's interesting to note that my national percentile is higher than my credit karma percentile -- it makes sense that credit karma would be attracting users with high scores. For a free service, this is really good information.


Now that is WEIRD.

It says my national percentile is LOWER than my credit karma percentile.

(Isn't that logically impossible for that to be reversed or am I being dense?)

LaJollaInvestor said:
Now that is WEIRD.

It says my national percentile is LOWER than my credit karma percentile.

(Isn't that logically impossible for that to be reversed or am I being dense?)



Sure it's possible - it depends on how the national and credit karma scores are distributed. Perhaps what I should have said earlier is that it makes sense for credit karma to attract users with scores higher than mine (my score is somewhat mediocre due to too much A0R debt and associated inquires...).

ImpulseTrain said: LaJollaInvestor said:
Now that is WEIRD.

It says my national percentile is LOWER than my credit karma percentile.

(Isn't that logically impossible for that to be reversed or am I being dense?)



Sure it's possible - it depends on how the national and credit karma scores are distributed. Perhaps what I should have said earlier is that it makes sense for credit karma to attract users with scores higher than mine (my score is somewhat mediocre due to too much A0R debt and associated inquires...).



lol-- math has never been my thing. It seemed illogical but I think I get it.

From my WAMU card
Your FICO credit score is 716


From Credit Karma
878

Still showing near 900 on both "da wif" and myself.....

lmao, my scored dropped 63 points. I wasn't late and I made full balance payments.

this was within one week. Is this fluctuating score normal for this service?

only thing I did was purchase car insurance. from 790 to 727

That does seem very steep, macki. But there was probably a hard pull - possibly more than one if you were shopping around.

I had a drop of 4 points after applying for 3 new credit cards. I'm not sure which CRA those pulled though.

I'm right on the 112% scale also (well, 111% to be exact), although I have to use two different scores to calculate, I was booted from virtually all daily monitoring sites thanks to TC...

WAMU FICO: 742
CK FAKO: 824

afeld said: I'm right on the 112% scale also (well, 111% to be exact), although I have to use two different scores to calculate, I was booted from virtually all daily monitoring sites thanks to TC...

WAMU FICO: 742
CK FAKO: 824


There are other sites, *virtually all* is a pretty big statement.


Edit: Has anyone verified yet that creditkarma is creating a new soft each time?

win333 said: There are other sites, *virtually all* is a pretty big statement.


Edit: Has anyone verified yet that creditkarma is creating a new soft each time?


I got a TU soft pull each day I used it. I don't have anything left to bump off TU so I haven't used it for a while.

gumkin said: win333 said: There are other sites, *virtually all* is a pretty big statement.


Edit: Has anyone verified yet that creditkarma is creating a new soft each time?


I got a TU soft pull each day I used it. I don't have anything left to bump off TU so I haven't used it for a while.



Just what I wanted to know, Thanks!

........

I was wrong

afeld said: I'm right on the 112% scale also (well, 111% to be exact), although I have to use two different scores to calculate, I was booted from virtually all daily monitoring sites thanks to TC...

WAMU FICO: 742
CK FAKO: 824

Try CreditSecure if TC has banned you.

win333 said: gumkin said: win333 said: There are other sites, *virtually all* is a pretty big statement.


Edit: Has anyone verified yet that creditkarma is creating a new soft each time?


I got a TU soft pull each day I used it. I don't have anything left to bump off TU so I haven't used it for a while.



Just what I wanted to know, Thanks!


So, does updating score everyday bad? Are those soft pulls lowering my score?

hotdeal4me said: So, does updating score everyday bad? Are those soft pulls lowering my score?

Soft pulls won't hurt your score at all; they can help to bump off hard inquiries which do hurt your score.

Credit Karma: 821
Triple Advantage (Experian): 783

Anyone know how a 867 translates?

O ya, I forgot. I can confirm this works for TU bumpage.

TheBeagle said: Anyone know how a 867 translates?

My score is 845 and my FICO is 750, so yours must be tad bit higher.

ahh, as some of you know i've messed my credit up before. so to provide you a different data point.

my fako from these guys is a 641. my fico a week ago was 665.

win333 said: TheBeagle said: Anyone know how a 867 translates?
My score is 845 and my FICO is 750, so yours must be tad bit higher.


Two data points.

1. Time: sometime last week.

EQ - util: 20%, 1 recent new account,
TU - util: 20%, 1 recent new account, 1 recent inq.

CreditKarma - 876 (Feb 21, 08)
TU realFICO - 762 (Jan 18, 08)
EQ realFICO - 778 (Jan 21, 08)
PM/ TC FAKO - 795 (Feb 21, 08)

2. Time: today. A big payment I sent in was reflected in all 3 CRAs.

EQ - util: 10%, 1 recent new account,
TU - util: 10%, 1 recent new account, 1 recent inq.

CreditKarma - 877 (Feb 26, 08)
** TU realFICO - don't have a new score
EQ realFICO - 790 (Feb 26, 08)
PM/ TC FAKO - 795 (Feb 26, 08)

So CK and TU FAKO almost did not change. RealFICO went up by about 12 pts.

tolamapS said: win333 said: TheBeagle said: Anyone know how a 867 translates?
My score is 845 and my FICO is 750, so yours must be tad bit higher.

CreditKarma - 876 (late Feb, 08)
TU realFICO - 762 (mid Jan, 08)
EQ realFICO - 790 (late Feb, 08). TU has 1 recent inq, EQ has none. Otherwise, identical.


pretty darn close, my utilization will drop from about 25% to about 10% in the next week. I'll see how much it changes and post the difference.

win333 said: pretty darn close, my utilization will drop from about 25% to about 10% in the next week. I'll see how much it changes and post the difference.

Would be good data point.

I edited my post to provide a bit more info.

...

wow, state farm does hard pulls, wtf they never told me.I asked one guy if it was a hard pull, he said no it's a soft pull.

But why a 50 point drop, that seems excessive..

macki123pi said: wow, state farm does hard pulls, wtf they never told me.I asked one guy if it was a hard pull, he said no it's a soft pull.

But why a 50 point drop, that seems excessive..


Please go back and edit you earlier post that is not true in the face of this revelation

Insurance underwriting falls under "permissible purpose", but those usually show up in the account review section, i.e. soft.

Erie Ins, Geico, Hartford, American Fam - all have pulled soft for me in the past.

macki123pi said: wow, state farm does hard pulls, wtf they never told me.I asked one guy if it was a hard pull, he said no it's a soft pull.

But why a 50 point drop, that seems excessive..


Thats why you gotta freeze all 3 before applying for stuff like that or take your chances. It's just to darn easy to freeze and then when they ask to unfreeze, tell them to F* OFF and DIE.

There is no reason to do a hard pull for friggin insurance.

and I got renter's insurance with it for the multiple line discount. I wonder how long it will take to recover back up to 790. I have to add another car to my policy for short term because I need to sell it. I'm going to visit my agent tomorrow for some answers.

macki123pi said: and I got renter's insurance with it for the multiple line discount. I wonder how long it will take to recover back up to 790. I have to add another car to my policy for short term because I need to sell it. I'm going to visit my agent tomorrow for some answers.

You are saying that your real FICO score went down from 790 to 750 because of one inquiry?

Are you sure it did not go down because of some recent changes in the FICO scoring model?

tolamapS said: macki123pi said: and I got renter's insurance with it for the multiple line discount. I wonder how long it will take to recover back up to 790. I have to add another car to my policy for short term because I need to sell it. I'm going to visit my agent tomorrow for some answers.

You are saying that your real FICO score went down from 790 to 750 because of one inquiry?

Are you sure it did not go down because of some recent changes in the FICO scoring model?


I never check my real FICO score. I've only checked with creditkarma.

here's a pic of my scores from the past few days, notice the 63 point drop.

Pic

Anybody knows how to delete my account from creditkarma? I somehow not feeling very good to leave my personal details on a beta website.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014