posted: Jan. 31, 2008 @ 10:51p
Chase is once again offering a $125 signup bonus for their Chase Free Checking with Direct Deposit. With Referral it could be $150.
These coupons can be found in the moving packets at your local post office. Attached is pictures of the packet and where the coupon is located inside.
Attached is also a picture of the coupon both front and back. See picture for complete terms and conditions. Although I don't have time to retype all of the fine print here are the basics.
1. Need opening $100 deposit of new money
2. Valid from 1/1/08 - 5/31/08
3. First direct deposit needs to be within 60 days of account opening
4. $125 Bonus will be deposited into the account in 6-8 weeks from initial direct deposit
5. Account must remain open for 6 months otherwise reward will be debited upon closing
6. DON'T FORGET THIS ACCOUNT IS ONLY FREE WITH MONTHLY DIRECT DEPOSIT (ACH PUSH WORKS) OTHERWISE IT IS AN $8 PER MONTH FEE
As opposed to (some of) the previous coupons these say that the bonus will be deposited within 6-8 weeks of first direct deposit, not 10 days.
Sorry to say but I have confirmed that these coupon codes only work in the branch and NOT online at http://chase.com/checking so don't bother trying.
Codes in picture have been blacked out because each coupon has a unique 16-digit code.
Don't forget you can still probably get $25 referrals on top of this to make it $150. A picture of such a form is also attached.
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST REFERRALS ON THIS THREAD!!! THANK YOU!!! THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN PUT UNDER MODERATION BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!
See this link for Pics Linky to Pics
Refer to this similar topic for more info on the moving packet: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=772869
IMPORTANT NOTE: Someone reminded me that when you open the account you MUST request them not to send you the checks otherwise they will charge you a $23 fee for the check printing. This initial check order will happen automatically unless you tell the banker specifically you don't want them!!!You may be able to get the fee waived later but for that YMMV.
Just to clarify for those who are confused:
Yes, an ACH push from another bank (i.e. online savings account) will work as a Direct Deposit. In plain english this means that if you have an online savings account or any other account that allows you to do external transfer out of your account and you send money to this chase account it will count as a Direct Deposit. I can confirm because I have already received two checking account bonuses in the past using this as my Direct Deposit.
However, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
1. Not all bank offer Free External Transfers. This is why we recommend online savings accounts because they usually do. (i.e. - ING Direct, HSBC Direct, FNBO Direct, Citi Ultimate Savings, etc.)
2. There is no minimum requirement for Chase to count it as a direct deposit, but most savings accounts with require a minimum of $10 to transfer.
TIP: What I do is as follows: I set up two recurring (repeating) monthly transfer plans. One sends ten dollars to Chase on the first of every month and the second pulls ten dollars from Chase on the 15th. This way you don't even need to use more than ten dollars total. (I currently have a $0.01 balance in my Chase account)
Note: Actually for your first Direct Deposit I believe that the trial deposits from your online savings account to verify the account I believe works as a DD, but I would still do a "real" one within the first 60 days.
Regarding using Paypal for Direct Deposit I have heard mixed reports on its success so that I would have to say is YMMV unless someone can say for sure otherwise.
Hope this Helps!!!!