• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase is once again offering a $125 signup bonus for their Chase Free Checking with Direct Deposit. With Referral it could be $150.

These coupons can be found in the moving packets at your local post office. Attached is pictures of the packet and where the coupon is located inside.

Attached is also a picture of the coupon both front and back. See picture for complete terms and conditions. Although I don't have time to retype all of the fine print here are the basics.

1. Need opening $100 deposit of new money
2. Valid from 1/1/08 - 5/31/08
3. First direct deposit needs to be within 60 days of account opening
4. $125 Bonus will be deposited into the account in 6-8 weeks from initial direct deposit
5. Account must remain open for 6 months otherwise reward will be debited upon closing
6. DON'T FORGET THIS ACCOUNT IS ONLY FREE WITH MONTHLY DIRECT DEPOSIT (ACH PUSH WORKS) OTHERWISE IT IS AN $8 PER MONTH FEE

As opposed to (some of) the previous coupons these say that the bonus will be deposited within 6-8 weeks of first direct deposit, not 10 days.

Sorry to say but I have confirmed that these coupon codes only work in the branch and NOT online at http://chase.com/checking so don't bother trying.

Codes in picture have been blacked out because each coupon has a unique 16-digit code.

Don't forget you can still probably get $25 referrals on top of this to make it $150. A picture of such a form is also attached.

PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST REFERRALS ON THIS THREAD!!! THANK YOU!!! THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN PUT UNDER MODERATION BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!

See this link for Pics Linky to Pics

Refer to this similar topic for more info on the moving packet: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=772869

IMPORTANT NOTE: Someone reminded me that when you open the account you MUST request them not to send you the checks otherwise they will charge you a $23 fee for the check printing. This initial check order will happen automatically unless you tell the banker specifically you don't want them!!!You may be able to get the fee waived later but for that YMMV.

Just to clarify for those who are confused:

Yes, an ACH push from another bank (i.e. online savings account) will work as a Direct Deposit. In plain english this means that if you have an online savings account or any other account that allows you to do external transfer out of your account and you send money to this chase account it will count as a Direct Deposit. I can confirm because I have already received two checking account bonuses in the past using this as my Direct Deposit.

However, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
1. Not all bank offer Free External Transfers. This is why we recommend online savings accounts because they usually do. (i.e. - ING Direct, HSBC Direct, FNBO Direct, Citi Ultimate Savings, etc.)
2. There is no minimum requirement for Chase to count it as a direct deposit, but most savings accounts with require a minimum of $10 to transfer.

TIP: What I do is as follows: I set up two recurring (repeating) monthly transfer plans. One sends ten dollars to Chase on the first of every month and the second pulls ten dollars from Chase on the 15th. This way you don't even need to use more than ten dollars total. (I currently have a $0.01 balance in my Chase account)

Note: Actually for your first Direct Deposit I believe that the trial deposits from your online savings account to verify the account I believe works as a DD, but I would still do a "real" one within the first 60 days.

Regarding using Paypal for Direct Deposit I have heard mixed reports on its success so that I would have to say is YMMV unless someone can say for sure otherwise.

Hope this Helps!!!!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Does anyone have an online coupon code I can use? Not looking for a referral code. TIA!

betsybear (Jul. 21, 2008 @ 7:20a) |

A buddy of mine just said the same thing when I tried to refer him. They were able to give me the $25 but not him becau... (more)

slomo007 (Jul. 21, 2008 @ 2:06p) |

Please remember, no referrals.

VBMcGB (Oct. 17, 2008 @ 3:06p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have only seen 75 coupons in our local moving packets, so might be YMWV....they order checks and charge you if signup online anyway....

Even better if your family already have an account and be your referal. Get extra $25.

I can confirm this. A buddy of mine moved recently and received the $125 coupon on the moving packet. I was able to be his referral for the extra $25 for each of us.

Does anyone have a referral code I could use? I was hoping to open an account this weekend with the $125 bonus.

For those who already have accounts, where do you get the referral codes to give out?

Kate552 said: Does anyone have a referral code I could use? I was hoping to open an account this weekend with the $125 bonus.

Just PM

Is FNBO Direct counted as DD by Chase?

I got one official coupon in a letter with new Chase credit card (previously joint Credit Card of LaSalle Bank and First USA, now no relationship with LaSalle Bank).

Yes FNBO Direct Counts as a DD I can confirm, I do it on a monthly basis.

How do the bonuses work with Chase?

Do they restrict it to one bonus payout a year,

or to one bonus checking application a year?

The reason I ask this is I opened a checking account December of last year and am expecting the $100 to show up sometime this year. Would I still qualify for this?

You will be fine. It is one checking related bonus per calendar year, in terms of the application date.
gizmoduck said: How do the bonuses work with Chase?

Do they restrict it to one bonus payout a year,

or to one bonus checking application a year?

The reason I ask this is I opened a checking account December of last year and am expecting the $100 to show up sometime this year. Would I still qualify for this?

Do they do a hard pull or soft?

This has the option to fund online with a credit card. Does that come as a purchase?

redplastic said: Do they do a hard pull or soft?

I would like to know also.

Do most of you close these accounts after the requisite amount of time has passed and the bonus has been received?

anyone?

If it is not too hard for you to get away from the fees. You might just wanna keep it as the debit visa card come with the account may get you extra bonus once in a while.

btw everyone, I can confirm that Pay Pal worked for me to get the bonus. I initiated a 23 push from Pay Pal, it showed up in my account initially as just "ACH Deposit" while the transaction was pending, after it went through it showed as Paypal deposit and a day later I got the $125 bonus! Thanks everyone!

bakalao2k said: redplastic said: Do they do a hard pull or soft?

I would like to know also.

Soft

I opened a Chase account for the $100 bonus in 2007.

Would it be possible to close my account, wait a week, then open up a "new" account with them to get the $125 this year?

Thanks

it use to be one coupon bonus per year, so might be able to get away with it, try it and report back

Does Fidelity Mysmart checking account (UMB Bank) count as DD? If it needs to be savings account, i can always ACH from Fidelity brokerage account as well. Will both work? anyone tried it out?

Hello Guys,

Those who have done this deal please walk others as to where you enter the Referral code. When doing this online the link listed above already has a referral code filled in for $125. I do not see another place to enter ther $25 code while I am on the last step of checking out.

THanks,

Shahhere

I used my ING Direct checking account and that worked for DD, so I doubt you have to use a savings account.

I got a question. I did this deal when it expired on Jan 31, 2008 and you had to DD $500 to receive the bonus. Does anyone know if I have to continue pushing $500 every month or will any DD transfer amount work in the following months?

Got the same question for PNC bank deal from a few months ago.

There is no coupon online its says in title this is for in branch only
"Sorry to say but I have confirmed that these coupon codes only work in the branch and NOT online at http://chase.com/checking so don't bother trying."

There is no DD min limit all you need 100 to start account, DD can be any amount I did 10 bux.

if you have the coupon code, of course you can use it online

earthsci said: if you have the coupon code, of course you can use it online
Yes, but the coupon code space online is prefilled in with the $125 one. The other poster is questioning where to put the extra $25 referral code? So, it appears that one can only get $125 when opened online & potentially the other referral(s) if opened in a branch.

miss32act said: Anyone ever been denied when you tried to stack a $25 referral with the $125 bonus? My bonus was from a targeted mailing, and the CSR said that I had to choose between the two bonuses. Did not have this problem a couple of months ago when I opened my Chase Business Checking, stacking a $200 offer with a $50 referral.

I just got 5 more referrals today, when I opened the account. PM me if you need the code.

Yes, my brother was denied in the brance and also on the phone. After opening the account with the $125 coupon, he emailed Chase twice before they finally applied the $25 coupon. Be persistent and they will both work. He emailed Chase after logging into his account at www.chase.com
I have referral coupons also so PM with your email address or fax number. Thank you.

Branch told me they were not generating referral coupons anymore (an d had not been for a number of weeks). Can anyone confirm this? Where do people get referral coupons now?

Iamchuck, they are full of it. Your branch sounds like it is full of punks. My branch is sweet. I just moved from FL to WI and everyone here is really nice, yes even the bankers!!! He even offered to take codes i find up to 60 days after creating my acct. The branch doesnt create codes, they are done on the corporate level. What he may mean is they dont accept them anymore at that branch. I would assume thought that he just doesnt want to help you find a code which is understandable.

I opened a Chase checking account and got the $125 deposit fairly quickly without doing anything actually. Now I need to initiate one direct deposit every month to keep it free. I think I am required to keep it open for 6 months. The question is, without ordering checks, how do you find out the account information you need to create a direct deposit?

When you open your account, they should be giving you temporary checks with the routing and account information on there. With this information, it should be pretty easy to setup the account to send ACH transaction through it.

The new offer in the mail goes from

6/1/08 - 8/30/08

iamchuck said: Branch told me they were not generating referral coupons anymore (an d had not been for a number of weeks). Can anyone confirm this? Where do people get referral coupons now?

I got one in the mail, but I recently got a Chase Freedom Visa Card too. Might have something to do with it.

I was wondering if i can apply for two chase checking account, one for the $100 promotion and the other for this $125 promotion? I accidently applied for the $100 promotion, and i already received the bonus, but i still need to complete the requirements of 6 months. Anyone?

Limit 1 checking account bonus per customer per year

Also, if you did the $100 one last year then go ahead with the 2nd checking account for the bonus for this year

I have 2 checking accounts without any problems (I have 1 primary account and the 2nd one is just for the yearly bonus which I open every Jan and close 6 months later)

Skipping 6 Messages...
Please remember, no referrals.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.