• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received a couple flyers with an HSBC banking statement (not going paperless on all banking and credit card statements is not such a bad idea).

The first is Interest Checking Account - $75 bonus. See the terms at us.hsbc.com/checkit or call 866-257-3209 or visit any HSBC branch.

The other is Premium Money Market Plus Savings - $50 bonus. Go to us.hsbc.com/saveit or call 866-257-3209 or visit any HSBC branch.

There is also a $25 bonus for Regular Savings Account as well.

All these offers expire 3/31/08 and require $3000 initial deposits ($500 for Regular Savings), and will be paid out within 6 to 8 weeks after account opening.

What I am curious about is whether I qualify for any of these bonuses considering I've had these accounts before to collect past incentives.

Good luck!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was curious what "Interest Checking" means to HSBC. 0.05% APY is the answer

Note that you have to keep the account open and active (not sure what they mean with "active") for 6 months or else they might charge you the amount of the bonus.

Ecuadorgr said: I was curious what "Interest Checking" means to HSBC. 0.05% APY is the answer

Note that you have to keep the account open and active (not sure what they mean with "active") for 6 months or else they might charge you the amount of the bonus.

"active" means a transaction. I keep my HSBC checking account "active" by auto transfering five cents to savings (and back) once a month.

For the checking account....

To qualify for $75 offer, you must open an Interest Checking Account with an initial deposit of $3,000 of new money. 
And for the savings account...
you must open a Premium Money Market Plus Savings Account with an initial deposit of $3,000 of new money
you must open a Regular Savings Account or Student Savings Account with $500 of new money and authorize automatic transfer of $10 or more from your HSBC checking account to your HSBC savings account

m4, can you put a couple of hard returns in your post, to keep everyone from having to SCROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! PLEASE?

Hard pull online?

turrdog said: All these offers expire 3/31/08 and require $3000 initial deposits ($500 for Regular Savings), and will be paid out within 6 to 8 weeks after account opening.

On the website, it seems to be saying that these offers will expire on 2/29/2008? Do you know somehow that they will extend it when the "expiration date" comes?

Does anyone know how long the accounts must remain open w/ minimum funding both to avoid fees and to keep the bonus? I saw the response above about keeping "active" by shuffling money around, but that's part of it only.

Putting $6K into accounts barely earning interest means foregoing about $15-$20 / mo in interest. Keep that too long, and the bonus is basically foregone interest.

The terms are the same as on the site, except this coupon says it expires 3/31/08. Directions for the banker include promotional code FBI75 for Interest Checking and FPM50 and FRS25 for the two savings accounts.

tolamapS said: Does anyone know how long the accounts must remain open w/ minimum funding both to avoid fees and to keep the bonus? I saw the response above about keeping "active" by shuffling money around, but that's part of it only.

Putting $6K into accounts barely earning interest means foregoing about $15-$20 / mo in interest. Keep that too long, and the bonus is basically foregone interest.

I opened an interest checking for the $75 bonus, transfered the $3K right away to online savings (so still with HSBC) and received a $75 "interest adjustment" two weeks later.

So no need to let the money sit completely idle - I just don't know if there'll be any trouble if I transfer the $3K to another bank within the first 6 months...

To avoid fees the checking account needs a DD every month - I'm assuming an ACH push will be fine.

is this still on or dead?

2cheap4ebay said: tolamapS said: Does anyone know how long the accounts must remain open w/ minimum funding both to avoid fees and to keep the bonus? I saw the response above about keeping "active" by shuffling money around, but that's part of it only.

I opened an interest checking for the $75 bonus, transfered the $3K right away to online savings (so still with HSBC) and received a $75 "interest adjustment" two weeks later.

So no need to let the money sit completely idle - I just don't know if there'll be any trouble if I transfer the $3K to another bank within the first 6 months...

To avoid fees the checking account needs a DD every month - I'm assuming an ACH push will be fine.
can you confirm this?

SegaRob said: can you confirm this?

Yes - I can confirm.

Have been pushing once a month from ING Direct and have not been hit with any fees yet *crossing fingers*.

I went directly to the bank, and the promotional code is Sm75B

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014