• filter:
  • 1124125126127 128
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Do people check accounts at Alliant every day? I don't, and I have never noticed any major problem. Do you log in just to check the speed?

rated:
I reached out to them and they did identify the problem. It should be resolved and working better now

rated:
AverageGuy09 said:   I was wondering if people where still seeing slowness on the Alliant web site.  For a period of about 2 weeks it seemed to be back to normal, but the last week I've noticed it's gotten bad again. Not every page loads slow all time time and it seems pretty random.  Sometimes it'll take 5-10 seconds to load the initial accounts page, sometimes it's immediate, same with account details.  Sometimes bringing up the transactions page for an account is almost immediate, but more offten in the last week it's taken a long time for a page to load. I sent a message via the secure message option on their web site but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.
  I've always experienced it. Every action takes an average of 30 seconds. 

rated:
Argyll said:   Do people check accounts at Alliant every day? I don't, and I have never noticed any major problem. Do you log in just to check the speed?

Every time there is a post that the website is slow, probably 100 people read the post and go to Alliant's website immediately to see if it is slow.

For me, checking once a week at most, it has almost always been fine.

PS Sometimes I log onto Fatwallet and it is slow. Has anyone else noticed that?  

I check Alliant every day, yes. And not to check the speed. Alliant is my main financial institution. I check several times a day, for various reasons, from both home and work. And it is ALWAYS slow.

rated:
LearningCurve said:   
Argyll said:   Do people check accounts at Alliant every day? I don't, and I have never noticed any major problem. Do you log in just to check the speed?

Every time there is a post that the website is slow, probably 100 people read the post and go to Alliant's website immediately to see if it is slow.

I check Alliant every day, yes. And not to check the speed. Alliant is my main financial institution. I check several times a day, for various reasons, from both home and work. And it is ALWAYS slow.

I checked it a few times last week and I logged in just now. It was very fast.  

rated:
Argyll said:   
LearningCurve said:   

I checked it a few times last week and I logged in just now. It was not only fast, it is very fast for me.   So it seems there might be some regional or individual glitches.  There is a notice that they will be doing maintenance this evening. Maybe they are doing it sometimes and not giving notice?

It's possible that, if a lot of members are checking their accounts multiple times a day, that might contribute to a slowdown on the site.

Back in the halcyon days of yore before the internet, I got by with a monthly statement.  I just kept track of each transaction in my checkbook.

In THESE days of multiple accounts, transfers, deposits, credit cards and bill payments--all done electronically and linked--that's no longer sufficient, especially when you factor in security issues.

rated:
LearningCurve said:   
  In THESE days of multiple accounts, transfers, deposits, credit cards and bill payments--all done electronically and linked--that's no longer sufficient, especially when you factor in security issues.

I have all those things and still check Alliant just once or twice a week, occasionally  more often, but it has never been necessary.

rated:
Argyll said:   
LearningCurve said:   

I have all those things and still check Alliant just once or twice a week, occasionally  more often, but it has never been necessary.

Is Alliant your main bank? By that I mean, do the majority of your bills, deposits and transfers go through Alliant, and does your salary get deposited there? Do you have savings, checking and a credit card with Alliant? I have many things I have to check all the time. Payments, deposits and ACH, credit card transactions, all sorts of things happening at different times to keep track of. If I'm waiting for a transfer or deposit to clear so I can pay a certain bill or move money, then yes, I'm going to keep checking on it. It's unrealistic to insist that anyone should only visit their main bank's website once a week, and to suggest that doing so more often is why the website is slow. Especially in 2015.

rated:
I just joined Alliant after reading about how they allow third party ACH transfers which I'd like to use to pay my rent, but I'm not seeing the option on the site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rated:
mike817 said:   I just joined Alliant after reading about how they allow third party ACH transfers which I'd like to use to pay my rent, but I'm not seeing the option on the site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  https://www.alliantcreditunion.com/OnlineBanking/Transfers/ACH/

https://www.alliantcreditunion.com/OnlineBanking/Transfers/ACH/M... to add the payee in the first place.

rated:
I don't think they do allow this, unless somethhing has changed. I've only been abele to do with USAA. Alliant required the third party to verify the deposits, and thus allow me withdrawal access.

rated:
Okay: So it's not just me who thinks the website is a piece of flaming dog shit?" I really like Alliant and from an asset protection standpoint its a solid choice but the site NEEDS to be fixed. /rant

rated:
alamo11 said:   Okay: So it's not just me who thinks the website is a piece of flaming dog shit?" I really like Alliant and from an asset protection standpoint its a solid choice but the site NEEDS to be fixed. /rant

I vehemently and steadfastly disagree!!

To my mind, the Alliant website is the best of its genre on the web.  It is clean, it is fast, and it is intuitive.  Any changes would almost surely destroy my relationship with the best CU in America.  The one thing I have long feared, vis a vis Alliant, is disastrous "improvements" to their website!!!  

rated:
shinobi1 said:   
alamo11 said:   Okay: So it's not just me who thinks the website is a piece of flaming dog shit?" I really like Alliant and from an asset protection standpoint its a solid choice but the site NEEDS to be fixed. /rant

I vehemently and steadfastly disagree!!

To my mind, the Alliant website is the best of its genre on the web.  It is clean, it is fast, and it is intuitive.  Any changes would almost surely destroy my relationship with the best CU in America.  The one thing I have long feared, vis a vis Alliant, is disastrous "improvements" to their website!!!  

It's SLOW!!!!!

I'm content with the interface but the speed can be just awful at times. 

rated:
alamo11 said:    It's SLOW!!!!!
Yes, well we all agree the website can be a bit slow sometimes.  That's doubtlessly a function of server capacity and loading.

I guess I misunderstood.  I thought you were complaining about the design of the website . . . . . which is great!

rated:
alamo11 said:     It's SLOW!!!!!

Sometime in April, after a weekend maintenance period the site started having speed problems.  It seems very random and several have noted this.  Alliant is working on it, or at least they say they are working on it as I keep getting follow up secure messages saying it should be fixed now, but isn't.  But they at least know the issue exists and multiple users are having it.  Hoping tonight's maintenance fixes the problem since Saturday's didn't.

rated:
Today it seemed to be working very normal to me...but I just saw the maintenance notice for this evening so looks like they will be working on it some more...Yes, I agree the online banking is very functional, and nice to use...it is just the problem with slowness and also with images loading in for cleared regular and bill pay checks...
Also, they have had to remove the deposit images some time ago but they told me there were issues with it and hope to bring it back in the very near future...

It's their own online banking (not a 3rd party like they used years ago) and it kind of seems with their popularity, it is getting overwhelmed, so it seems like it needs a lot of revamping now...

rated:
anyone ever applied for alliant cc was it tough?

rated:
craig10x said:   Today it seemed to be working very normal to me...but I just saw the maintenance notice for this evening so looks like they will be working on it some more...Yes, I agree the online banking is very functional, and nice to use...it is just the problem with slowness and also with images loading in for cleared regular and bill pay checks...
Also, they have had to remove the deposit images some time ago but they told me there were issues with it and hope to bring it back in the very near future...

It's their own online banking (not a 3rd party like they used years ago) and it kind of seems with their popularity, it is getting overwhelmed, so it seems like it needs a lot of revamping now...

I don't check my account everyday to log into their site, but seems much more responsive after the maintenance. Hopefully their IT environment is built to scale with the demand. 

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   I don't think they do allow this, unless somethhing has changed. I've only been abele to do with USAA. Alliant required the third party to verify the deposits, and thus allow me withdrawal access.

I wanted to use alliant ach to pay my landlord as well, but ach links are only 2-way and cannot be setup as 1 one way transfers.  I ended using online billpay to send a check every month to my landlord's bank made out to "Chase Bank FBO John Doe" and I included his account number.  FBO stands for "for benefit of".   So far it's worked every month.

rated:
grp2c said:   
tjguitar85 said:   I don't think they do allow this, unless somethhing has changed. I've only been abele to do with USAA. Alliant required the third party to verify the deposits, and thus allow me withdrawal access.

I wanted to use alliant ach to pay my landlord as well, but ach links are only 2-way and cannot be setup as 1 one way transfers.  I ended using online billpay to send a check every month to my landlord's bank made out to "Chase Bank FBO John Doe" and I included his account number.  FBO stands for "for benefit of".   So far it's worked every month.

There is another option.  If your landlord has Chase bank, then they can sign up for the Chase Quickpay.  Just need an email.  Once that is done, you have two options - You can sign up for Chase Quickpay as well on chase.com (I think the option is still available) and link any checking account.  Then you will be able to send money directly to his Chase account.  Second option is to sign up clearxchange.  It's a network of banks between Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, and maybe 1 or 2 more that allows a person to send money to any of those by using just an email address.  You would sign up with your account info and after verifying, you can send money directly to your landlord through the website.  It's free and very safe.  I've been using it for a few years now when I wanted to transfer money to/from my BOA account with other accounts.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
grp2c said:   

There is another option.  If your landlord has Chase bank, then they can sign up for the Chase Quickpay.  Just need an email.  Once that is done, you have two options - You can sign up for Chase Quickpay as well on chase.com (I think the option is still available) and link any checking account.  Then you will be able to send money directly to his Chase account.  Second option is to sign up clearxchange.  It's a network of banks between Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, and maybe 1 or 2 more that allows a person to send money to any of those by using just an email address.  You would sign up with your account info and after verifying, you can send money directly to your landlord through the website.  It's free and very safe.  I've been using it for a few years now when I wanted to transfer money to/from my BOA account with other accounts.

I had my landlord send my security deposit refund by Chase QuickPay - I had no problems with it.

rated:
grp2c said:   

Do you just mail it to his branch or what address did you use?

rated:
Used the Alliant website pretty extensively yesterday and earlier today.  Speed was quite fast and was back up to expectations.  

rated:
So I mail the FBO check to my landlord's bank address every month.  I called his bank to get the address.  I did a $10 test check first to make sure it works.

I remember looking into chase quickpay but there were transfer limits and I thought you need a chase checking account which I didn't feel like opening.

I might look into the clearXchange option, but if the FBO check is working I'll probably stick with that.  I tried getting my landlord to sign up for cozy.co or livelovely.com which allow 1 payments to landlords but he didn't want to sign up.

rated:
shinobi1 said:   Used the Alliant website pretty extensively yesterday and earlier today.  Speed was quite fast and was back up to expectations.  
  Same experience, no more slow downs the last few days.

rated:
Yep...and even the cleared check and cleared bill pay check images are coming in much quicker now too with less "stumbling"... quite an improvement I would say.

rated:
I'm still having trouble with Alliant's check deposit smartphone service on Android, in fact it seems to have gotten worse. I had a lot of trouble getting a clear photo - the lighting was all messed up no matter the actual lighting conditions (I tried various illuminations, no flash, flash etc).

This time however, they neither deposited the check nor did they send me a message saying they could not read it! Lesson: Make sure to verify that all checks you deposit with your phone are actually deposited!

rated:
I made a mobile deposit today using the Alliant mobile app (android). Had no problem taking the photos and the deposit was immediately accepted...
However, i always notice that the camera image is very clear and sharp, but once the photo is taken and uploaded, while readable, it doesn't look that great...
Yet, when i do the same thing with my Chase mobile app, both camera image AND uploaded image looks great (very clear and sharp)...wish they would get that aspect improved in the app...

The other aspects of the app work well, though and it is nice to see the improvement in the atm locator which use to be rather quirky...

rated:
I have never done the mobile deposit. Craig, do I take a photo of the check, then e-mail the photo to Alliant e-mail address?
I'm not computer savy, but you said your deposit was immediately accepted.

rated:
You take a photo of the front and back of the check...no need to e-mail it to them as it uploads it directly to them...Best to do it on a dark colored background.
There is a squared off area in the middle and you just make sure the check appears within that area (not overextending it) when you have it in sharp focus just touch the middle area of the image and the android's camera will snap it...You can re-take if needed...after it uploads the front you then pivot down to select the back image and take a photo of that...

You will then get a response from then that it has been accepted or is being reviewed...if it goes to review...you do have the option to cancel it and start all over if you want...
As far as saving the check, i usually only keep it for a few days...although they suggest you keep it for 30 days...If immediately accepted, it posts right away, if not (and done before 5 pm CST) it should get reviewed the same day...

rated:
pattyB said:   I have never done the mobile deposit. Craig, do I take a photo of the check, then e-mail the photo to Alliant e-mail address?
I'm not computer savy, but you said your deposit was immediately accepted.

No, you need to download the app from the app store for your phone. Search on "Alliant".

rated:
For whatever reason with Aliant I could never get them to deposit a check.. It would always reject my picture after a few hours.. PenFed on the other hand always clears.

rated:
@sfchris: good point...i assumed she had the app installed and was wondering how you do the actual deposit...but patty, if you don't have Alliant CU mobile banking app installed on your android phone, just do what Chris said...You can make mobile deposits, check balances and account activity, pay bills, transfers, and even look for atms...get the full app not the one that does only check deposits...

rated:
You guys, it wasn't that easy. I opened the app and followed your directions to Make Deposit by iPhone.
Finally got the photo of the check to take. (I wrote myself a $10 personal check & put my acct # on reverse side)
It was put on hold and later today the check deposit was rejected.
I sent a personal e-mail to Alliant CU and asked them to tell me what I did wrong. So I should hear back in a couple days.

rated:
Alliant e-mail response was quick. They told me that the photo was not readable. Also more instructions on lining up the check photo.
I had a large check (over the limit), so I went on down town and deposited the check in my personal home bank.
But, I'm going to try again to deposit my $10 check.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1124125126127 128
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015