• filter:
  • 1116117118119 120
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
America's Largest Credit Unions:

http://creditunionaccess.com/top50creditunions.htm

Alliant ranks 7th in assets and 28th in members, an interesting disparity.

rated:
CanisMajor said:   Has anyone else had problems with Mint and Personal Capital updating Alliant accounts? For about a couple of weeks now neither aggregator has successfully accessed my Alliant balances or transactions. In fact it seems that I get locked out of my Alliant accounts on a weekly basis due to these services unsuccessful access attempts. I sent a message to customer service and they say that they were aware of the problem and it has been fixed but I continue to have this issue.
  I haven't had any issues with Mint.

rated:
I just want to say that I have NO idea why I was so hard headed about getting Alliant. The 1-day ACH transfer is one of the greatest features of any of my bank accts. I have to move money around so often that it's good to be able to move money at a max of 2 biz days. And if money stays in the Alliant acct, 0.65% isn't the worst APY to get for just sitting there.

rated:
Yep... loves me my Alliant account!

rated:
Argyll said:   America's Largest Credit Unions:

http://creditunionaccess.com/top50creditunions.htm 

Alliant ranks 7th in assets and 28th in members, an interesting disparity.

That just means that on average, each Alliant member is keeping more money with Alliant.  

rated:
cdancer20 said:   I just want to say that I have NO idea why I was so hard headed about getting Alliant. The 1-day ACH transfer is one of the greatest features of any of my bank accts. I have to move money around so often that it's good to be able to move money at a max of 2 biz days. And if money stays in the Alliant acct, 0.65% isn't the worst APY to get for just sitting there.

Agreed.  Alliant is the quintessential, it is the perfect, hub account provider.  The free one-day ACH thing is amazing, and very useful.  I mean, only thing better would be same day service, and that can cost as much as twenty bucks a pop!  Free next-day ACH service is better than having to pay for same day service.  And there is a lot less hassle, too, using Alliant's completely automated ACH transfer service, than with all the paperwork that sometimes can be required to wire funds.

Alliant is such a no-brainer.  I've been a member for a number of years, and never at any time during those years have I even considered making a switch.

There was one time a few years back, though, that I got a scare.  I overdrew my checking account and Alliant had to do a savings account withdrawal to cover my error.  The entire matter caught me totally by surprise.  I gritted my teeth and braced for the certain penalty.

Concern turned to laughter shortly thereafter, though, when they hit me with a whopping three dollar ($3!) penalty.  I'm like:  You guys missing a zero or something?!  That was pretty cool.  Ya gotta love a credit union like that!

rated:
Ally bank is just as fast as Alliant when it comes to ACH, it's my ACH hub. For some banks, if you provide id/password, you could setup external transfer relationship immediately instead of having to wait for verification deposits. Plus it has Nationwide unlimited ATM reimbursement, and higher interest rates .9 vs .7. They would have been my main bank if they had added mobile deposit and billpay earlier than just a few months ago. USAA is my main bank. Problem with Alliant is the restricted ATMs, who really wants to look for an in-network ATM? I still have some dormant money in Alliant hoping one day they will have something the other banks don't provide.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
CanisMajor said:   Has anyone else had problems with Mint and Personal Capital updating Alliant accounts? For about a couple of weeks now neither aggregator has successfully accessed my Alliant balances or transactions. In fact it seems that I get locked out of my Alliant accounts on a weekly basis due to these services unsuccessful access attempts. I sent a message to customer service and they say that they were aware of the problem and it has been fixed but I continue to have this issue.
  I haven't had any issues with Mint.

Yes, Mint appears to work for me now but Personal Capital/Yodlee is still having problems. I've reported the problem to both sides, hopefully it is fixed soon.

rated:
CanisMajor said:     Yes, Mint appears to work for me now but Personal Capital/Yodlee is still having problems. I've reported the problem to both sides, hopefully it is fixed soon.
  Fidelity FullView (power by Yodlee) has been down for about 3 weeks now for me.  It's getting better because now when I try and refresh I get the email from Alliant saying my account was accessed, but the update still fails on the FullView/Yodlee side.  At one point, Alliant had a way for agregator services like Yodlee/Mint to bypass the security questions.  And the login notification email I got from Alliant clearly said the login was from an Agregator.  The recent login notification emails do not state they are from an agregator.  Also, FullView "update account credentials" now asks me to fill in the security questions for Alliant.

rated:
Boiler said:   Ally bank is just as fast as Alliant when it comes to ACH, it's my ACH hub. For some banks, if you provide id/password, you could setup external transfer relationship immediately instead of having to wait for verification deposits. Plus it has Nationwide unlimited ATM reimbursement, and higher interest rates .9 vs .7. They would have been my main bank if they had added mobile deposit and billpay earlier than just a few months ago. USAA is my main bank. Problem with Alliant is the restricted ATMs, who really wants to look for an in-network ATM? I still have some dormant money in Alliant hoping one day they will have something the other banks don't provide.
 Ally is not as fast as Alliant.  Alliant, if I schedule a transfer on Tuesday.  Then the money will be in the correct acct Wednesday morning.  Ally, if I schedule a transfer on Tuesday, then it will not make it until Thursday.  2 days vs 1 day.   And that doesn't include if you are using as a hub between two banks.  For Alliant, it would take a total of 2 days.  Ally would be about 4 days depending on when the money clears.  I know that I had some money ACH'd in the other day that didn't clear until that night and I wasn't going to risk sending it out before it cleared. 

As far as ATMs, I don't really have any issues with that.  It works at any ATM on the co-op network, which is nationwide.  I have other credit unions on that same network so I can typically visit 1 bank and do stuff for more than 1 acct at a time.   No it is not as convenient as Ally's unlimited ATM reimbursement but it's good for making deposits without having to go through the hassle of mobile/computer deposits or even to deposit cash.  Not to mention that Alliant accepts money orders via mobile, which Ally does not.  And I assume that you don't mean Ally just added mobile deposit a few months ago??  I have been doing it for over a year now. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ally acct especially since I just have a Money Market with the great rates.   I have had it for over a year but it doesn't compare to the features I get with Alliant as an ACH hub.

rated:
I know I can do free atm deposits at US Bank for Alliant, not sure about withdrawals, but it would be reasonable to assume that.

rated:
You can use any atm in the co-op network for free ATM withdrawals. Ones that support deposit are harder to find. Download the co-op atm finder app

rated:
Has anyone been able to join online recently? I get a server error

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 138130420529583901769

(Read more posts in the thread, looks like their online app system has been broken forever)

rated:
It works perfectly for me in Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

rated:
New Alliant interest rates for October 2014:

savings:     0.797%

checking:   0.648%

rated:
Excellent update - thanks!

rated:
cdancer20 said:   I just want to say that I have NO idea why I was so hard headed about getting Alliant. The 1-day ACH transfer is one of the greatest features of any of my bank accts. I have to move money around so often that it's good to be able to move money at a max of 2 biz days. And if money stays in the Alliant acct, 0.65% isn't the worst APY to get for just sitting there.

If you like 1-day ACH, try incredible bank. Their APY is higher too.  I've been using them for a couple years now and they are great.  All ATM fees rebated immediately.

rated:
howie888 said:   

If you like 1-day ACH, try incredible bank. Their APY is higher too.  I've been using them for a couple years now and they are great.  All ATM fees rebated immediately.

Does Incredible Bank hold ACH pulls? That is, if I pull money into Incredible, is the money available immediately for use? 

rated:
TheHimalayas said:   
howie888 said:   

Does Incredible Bank hold ACH pulls? That is, if I pull money into Incredible, is the money available immediately for use? 

Yes I believe you could withdraw that money from ATM with the provided debit card.  
Just to confirm, I just setup a $50 pull from my B&M bank right now @ 1:30PM EST.  Tomorrow morning, I'll let you know if it's showing as posted or as pending.

rated:
TheHimalayas said:   
howie888 said:   

So the money is in incredible bank available to be used this morning.  I pulled from PNC Bank which sent me an email stating the money will not be available in Target bank for up to 3 business days.  I had to open up a PNC account recently (not my 1st choice).  I don't like that I have to wait 1 business day for checks to clear (I know that's the rule).  With Citibank, as soon as I deposit a check, the money is available for me to use.

rated:
I did a quick search on Incredible. First thing that I noticed was that you have to wait for 60 days until you can start ACH transfers.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   I did a quick search on Incredible. First thing that I noticed was that you have to wait for 60 days until you can start ACH transfers.
Maybe you can call or online chat to ask.

If I recall, I just had to add/verify my external accounts and I was able to ACH immediately after.  Maybe things have changed?

rated:
howie888 said:   
cdancer20 said:   I did a quick search on Incredible. First thing that I noticed was that you have to wait for 60 days until you can start ACH transfers.
Maybe you can call or online chat to ask.

If I recall, I just had to add/verify my external accounts and I was able to ACH immediately after.  Maybe things have changed?

I am one of those who signed up for the Incredible checking account when it came out a few years ago. At that time, you could even fund it with a 2% cash-back credit card (max of $10,000). This account has a maximum of 3 ACH links. Incoming ACH over $5k is held for 2 business days. One interesting thing is that if you submit an ACH, the ACH amount is credited on the same day and debited from the Target account only on the next business.

I don't remember a low balance fee when I opened the account but now there is a monthly fee of $15 if the balance is below $300.

rated:
I think it would be best to continue a discussion about Incredible Bank in a new thread, and keep this one on topic. Thank you.

rated:
Is Alliant going to participate with Apple Pay?

rated:
yes, they were on visa's list of Apple pay participants

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1116117118119 120
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014