• filter:
  • 1129130131132 133
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
bluechalk said:   
sfchris said:   Anyone else getting spammed to death by Alliant insurance offers? With the deceptive "Your signature required" notice on the outside of the envelope? (I keep thinking it is a bank signature card). I must be getting one per month. Really annoying, especially since they are such a reputable CU.
 I'm a long time Alliant customer and I get these too. I like getting these and all the convenience checks from my credit cards because I'm happy that they are helping support the USPS.

Thing is, I live in an urban environment with a correspondingly small mailbox size. I make sure to do all my banking electronically to try to keep junk out of my box, but this spam is messing that up. I might be more forgiving if it weren't for the obnoxious "your signature required" on the envelope and their continual mailings.

I think Alliant is selling their list to a (somewhat unscrupulous)  third party insurance company who is using the Alliant name on the envelope. If this continues much longer I am going to write a strongly worded letter to them - and yes it will include a "Your signature required" on the envelope.

rated:
sfchris said:     Thing is, I live in an urban environment with a correspondingly small mailbox size. I make sure to do all my banking electronically to try to keep junk out of my box, but this spam is messing that up. I might be more forgiving if it weren't for the obnoxious "your signature required" on the envelope and their continual mailings.

I think Alliant is selling their list to a (somewhat unscrupulous)  third party insurance company who is using the Alliant name on the envelope. If this continues much longer I am going to write a strongly worded letter to them - and yes it will include a "Your signature required" on the envelope.

I started getting letters like this from "Alliant" a few years back.  It seemed 1-2 every week for a while offering insurance of one type or another.  I sent a note via secure message and asked them to please opt me out of all 3rd party solicitations under their privacy policy.  It took another month or two before they stopped, but I haven't gotten anything in via US mail from Alliant, other then things I initiated, since.

rated:
Are they all different insurance offers? Most credit unions have that one insurance company that automatically give you that free 1k policy.
and keep sending the semi-monthly please bump up your limits notice  . Also car,mortgage, ect.
Agree with AG09

rated:
Has anyone signed up for that free policy? Is it worth the hassle, or does the insurance company just spam/sell your info. you even more?

rated:
I thought it was to establish a business relationship with you so you can't opt out of advertising. I got some from other credit unions I'm a member at. They're easily ignored.

rated:
propcgamer said:   Has anyone signed up for that free policy? Is it worth the hassle, or does the insurance company just spam/sell your info. you even more?
  I did.  All I get is maybe 2-3 letters per year so IMHO it's not so bad.

rated:
Brand new debit cards going out with the new Chip Technology on them...Just received mine today 

rated:
With the Federal Reserve set to act on Wednesday (or not), projections are for between a 0.25% and 0.50% rate hike.  Does anyone expect Alliant's rates to move in tandem with whatever decision is made on Wednesday?  Historically, has Alliant taken a wait and see approach to a rate change, immediately after a Fed. rate hike?

rated:
I was just approved for a credit card with Alliant (have had checking and savings with them for about 6 months or so). Does anyone know if I can apply for an auto loan using the same credit inquiry? I'm interested in the discounted auto rate they are doing until the end of the month if it won't trigger another inquiry. (already have a few due to a small CC app run a few months ago). Thanks for any advice!

rated:
when you got approved did they ask you to send in any docs

rated:
RagingBull said:   when you got approved did they ask you to send in any docs

No, but I had existing accounts with them (if that matters).

rated:
gremln007 said:   I was just approved for a credit card with Alliant (have had checking and savings with them for about 6 months or so). Does anyone know if I can apply for an auto loan using the same credit inquiry? I'm interested in the discounted auto rate they are doing until the end of the month if it won't trigger another inquiry. (already have a few due to a small CC app run a few months ago). Thanks for any advice!

For anyone else this may benefit: credit inquiries are good for 30 days with Alliant.

rated:
Hey everyone - I have a question about Alliant CU for joint account owners and how users handle it.

I read one of the user's comments in the linked blog post regarding one of the hurdles with joint accounts at Alliant CU: https://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/2015/02/savings-account-cd-rate-hikes-alliant-credit-union.html#11 

In fact, this also a limitation at another Credit Union I'm familiar with as well - whereby this isn't a limitation at other online banks and other major banks I'm familiar with. Does this limitation still stand at Alliant?

So here's a recap of the issue. Suppose I open a Joint Account with my wife - so how do we share the account online for all transactions? This is the issue cited by one of the user comments in the link above about how couples can truly do shared online banking?

If a couple were to share say 1 Checking account - what do most do? Do they just share 1 online account between the 2? Because it appears that you can't have both joint accounts owners having separate login accounts to have equal access to the joint account.

Secondly, another similar scenario - suppose we have a joint checking account and my spouse gets her own checking account along with an online login account tied to it where I am also joint owner of her new account. We would like to share our accounts online with equal access since we are joint owners and do so from each our online login accounts - but again, this doesn't appear to be possible.

I was surprised to hear about this limitation as it's not a limitation at other banks I'm familiar with (Ally, Citibank, Chase, etc.) and so I'm wondering how do other couples using Alliant handle this who really want true shared online banking transactions across joint accounts?

UPDATE:  Ok I spoke with Alliant and they said that the 2nd scenario I outlined is fine.  There may have been an update (website redesign) in 2015 that may have added this feature?  So to clarify - what they're saying is that a couple, with each opening their own account and login ID, that by making the account a Joint Account, that both users will have equal access to both accounts to perform transactions, pay bills, etc.  

Additional thoughts from any user's experience out there?

rated:
Yes, we have been doing the second scenario for years. I can view my wife's accounts with my login and she can view my accounts with her login. I set it up so long ago that I don't really remember how it was done, but I believe we linked them all online once we filled out the forms designating the accounts as joint (I think even that can be done online now). I can easily make transfers between all of the accounts as well.

rated:
That will work for everything except bill pay.  DW can't use your checking account to pay bills and you can't use their account to pay bills.  If the funds are in your account they need to transfer it to their account.  You also can't see bill payment history from your account for bills she made on her account and vis-versa.  You can see the transactions in the ledger but can't go in and see the bill pay history and view copies of the check.  Calling this setup anything more then a kludge is being too kind, IMO.

Personally I wish Alliant would just setup joint accounts like other banks.  I asked them about this back in 2010/11 when they did their site redesign and dropped wescam, they never addressed it.

rated:
Ah ok - but how is it done? Majority of the Alliant CS Reps say it can't be done whereby co-joint owners of say a Checking and Savings Account but with separate login/memberships can link to each other to view the joint accounts.

They continue to tell members that the spouses can instead share each other's login information to view and transact on each other's account - such a cumbersome method.

I also know of another mid-sized Credit Union where this linking between co-joint accounts also cannot be done.

That's the one thing that Ally Bank has a slight edge over. Otherwise - we can also do without separate logins - my wife and I can share 1 login but each use a different primary Checking account with separate debit cards tied to different Checking accounts. It provides real sharing experience with just 1 login but simulates the 2 different logins and separate checking account experience.

rated:
kenster1us said:   Ah ok - but how is it done? Majority of the Alliant CS Reps say it can't be done whereby co-joint owners of say a Checking and Savings Account but with separate login/memberships can link to each other to view the joint accounts.

Once you both have accounts and logins, there is an option in "Settings -> Manage Joint Owners" to share Online Access to the joint owner.  In order to do that, they HAVE to have their own member number and web site login.

Like I said, it's all a kludge.  Alliant lets me go in and add/remove joint owners on the web site really easy.  It would be so much cleaner if they just gave me the option to set a username/password for the joint owner as well.  Then the joint owner could login and have access to accounts they are joint owners on for transfers, bill pay, etc.

Although DW has her own member ID and login, her accounts are empty and we just share "mine" so if she ever needed to get in and do anything, she can and not worry about what account to use, are there funds, etc.

rated:
Ok great thanks. But the word needs to get out to the Alliant reps. 6 out of 7 CS phone reps I spoke with said that you cannot provide that type of linked access for joint owners. One of the reps who said it couldn't be done - later was corrected when but upon my insistence to grab a supervisor, the supervisor gave the correct info that it could be done.  

It's something easily done and well know in other Banks such as Chase, Citi, Ally, etc. Not sure why so many Alliant Reps aren't aware of this and are hurting new members from joining or the experience of existing customers when they tell them that it can't be done.  

rated:
Been trying all day to pay a couple of bills.  Bill payer seems not to be working, at least not for me.

Anyone else?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1129130131132 133
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016