• filter:
  • 1125126127128 129
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Disappointed that HSA rate hasn't been moved for so long. Need to figure out what to do with the money there.

rated:
olegos said:   Disappointed that HSA rate hasn't been moved for so long. Need to figure out what to do with the money there.
Post if you find anything!

I opened up a HSA at Alliant because most places had a fee.

rated:
Good HSA rates atConnexus Credit Union
$15,000 and over 2.00%
$5,000 to $14,999.99 1.50%
$2,500 to $4,999.99 1.00%
$500 to 2,499.99 1.00%

rated:
Argyll said:   
CowbellMaster said:   Anyone else use their $0 fee 0% BT visa? I've loved this card, not a cent of fees. Wondering why this rare $0 fee card isn't getting more attention on FWF.
0% is possible for new cardholders only. It's a one-time thing. Also, it is "Rate as low as 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months." It depends on your credit score. Some have found after applying they will only offer 4.99%. For existing cardholders, Alliant almost always has an offer of a 4.99% BT with no fee but you have to call to find out.

Some years ago I got a $25,000 line (the maximum then allowed I was told) on a Platinum Rewards card. I used it for the first year at 0% interest, and then left it unused.

I have decided I would like a 0%, 0% fee balance transfer to avoid selling appreciated securities. If I close this, and wait a month or so does anyone know if I would qualify to get a new card and get this offer again (plus possibly one for spending a certain amount).

An alternative might be to apply for the Platinum Card, a different card, and then try to transfer the existing line to it. Any guess as to whether I would get the $0% offer for new card holders?

rated:
ProfessorEd said:    Some years ago I got a $25,000 line (the maximum then allowed I was told) on a Platinum Rewards card. I used it for the first year at 0% interest, and then left it unused.

I have decided I would like a 0%, 0% fee balance transfer to avoid selling appreciated securities. If I close this, and wait a month or so does anyone know if I would qualify to get a new card and get this offer again (plus possibly one for spending a certain amount).

An alternative might be to apply for the Platinum Card, a different card, and then try to transfer the existing line to it. Any guess as to whether I would get the $0% offer for new card holders?

Alliant will tell you.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
If I close this, and wait a month or so does anyone know if I would qualify to get a new card and get this offer again (plus possibly one for spending a certain amount).

Sorry. I don't have the answer to your question. I can offer this opinion, which is no more than that:

From what I'm able to remember, banks (and credit unions) require a respectable amount of time to pass, following closure of (whatever) card, before reapplication is looked upon favorably. My gut tells me six months minimum, but likely a year is closer to reality.

You obviously could try after only a month. But that might subject you to a quick denial, or to awkward questions, or both.

rated:
shinobi1 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   
If I close this, and wait a month or so does anyone know if I would qualify to get a new card and get this offer again (plus possibly one for spending a certain amount).

Sorry. I don't have the answer to your question. I can offer this opinion, which is no more than that:

From what I'm able to remember, banks (and credit unions) require a respectable amount of time to pass, following closure of (whatever) card, before reapplication is looked upon favorably. My gut tells me six months minimum, but likely a year is closer to reality.

You obviously could try after only a month. But that might subject you to a quick denial, or to awkward questions, or both.

There is no need for guesswork. I asked Alliant how long an account must be closed before one can open a new account which is eligible for balance transfer promotions. As of today, it is six months.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1125126127128 129
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015