• filter:
  • 1116117118119 120
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
America's Largest Credit Unions:

http://creditunionaccess.com/top50creditunions.htm

Alliant ranks 7th in assets and 28th in members, an interesting disparity.

rated:
CanisMajor said:   Has anyone else had problems with Mint and Personal Capital updating Alliant accounts? For about a couple of weeks now neither aggregator has successfully accessed my Alliant balances or transactions. In fact it seems that I get locked out of my Alliant accounts on a weekly basis due to these services unsuccessful access attempts. I sent a message to customer service and they say that they were aware of the problem and it has been fixed but I continue to have this issue.
  I haven't had any issues with Mint.

rated:
I just want to say that I have NO idea why I was so hard headed about getting Alliant. The 1-day ACH transfer is one of the greatest features of any of my bank accts. I have to move money around so often that it's good to be able to move money at a max of 2 biz days. And if money stays in the Alliant acct, 0.65% isn't the worst APY to get for just sitting there.

rated:
Yep... loves me my Alliant account!

rated:
Argyll said:   America's Largest Credit Unions:

http://creditunionaccess.com/top50creditunions.htm 

Alliant ranks 7th in assets and 28th in members, an interesting disparity.

That just means that on average, each Alliant member is keeping more money with Alliant.  

rated:
cdancer20 said:   I just want to say that I have NO idea why I was so hard headed about getting Alliant. The 1-day ACH transfer is one of the greatest features of any of my bank accts. I have to move money around so often that it's good to be able to move money at a max of 2 biz days. And if money stays in the Alliant acct, 0.65% isn't the worst APY to get for just sitting there.

Agreed.  Alliant is the quintessential, it is the perfect, hub account provider.  The free one-day ACH thing is amazing, and very useful.  I mean, only thing better would be same day service, and that can cost as much as twenty bucks a pop!  Free next-day ACH service is better than having to pay for same day service.  And there is a lot less hassle, too, using Alliant's completely automated ACH transfer service, than with all the paperwork that sometimes can be required to wire funds.

Alliant is such a no-brainer.  I've been a member for a number of years, and never at any time during those years have I even considered making a switch.

There was one time a few years back, though, that I got a scare.  I overdrew my checking account and Alliant had to do a savings account withdrawal to cover my error.  The entire matter caught me totally by surprise.  I gritted my teeth and braced for the certain penalty.

Concern turned to laughter shortly thereafter, though, when they hit me with a whopping three dollar ($3!) penalty.  I'm like:  You guys missing a zero or something?!  That was pretty cool.  Ya gotta love a credit union like that!

rated:
Ally bank is just as fast as Alliant when it comes to ACH, it's my ACH hub. For some banks, if you provide id/password, you could setup external transfer relationship immediately instead of having to wait for verification deposits. Plus it has Nationwide unlimited ATM reimbursement, and higher interest rates .9 vs .7. They would have been my main bank if they had added mobile deposit and billpay earlier than just a few months ago. USAA is my main bank. Problem with Alliant is the restricted ATMs, who really wants to look for an in-network ATM? I still have some dormant money in Alliant hoping one day they will have something the other banks don't provide.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1116117118119 120
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014