• filter:
  • 1122123124125 126
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I was approved for an Alliant Rewards Visa a week ago. Today I got a congratulations letter/welcome packet saying my card would be arriving within 3 weeks. Well, there goes a full third of the 90-day signup bonus period. Very frustrating, considering I applied on Friday night and received an email Saturday morning saying I was approved and my card would arrive in 7-10 business days. I thought the whole thing would be quick, but I should have known better when the card did not appear anywhere in my account information until 5 days after approval, nor was my application status ever updated to approved.

Interestingly, the welcome packet makes no mention at all of the signup bonus I was offered with my preapproval letter and email (10,000 points, $500 spend within 90 days of account opening).

rated:
Was forced to use an out of network ATM a few days ago. $3 fee at the ATM and I just discovered my local bank increased the foreign ATM fee to $3.

So $6 just to take some money out. I think it's time to switch everything over to Alliant. Am I right in assuming this transaction would have been free had I used an Alliant ATM?

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   Was forced to use an out of network ATM a few days ago. $3 fee at the ATM and I just discovered my local bank increased the foreign ATM fee to $3.

So $6 just to take some money out. I think it's time to switch everything over to Alliant. Am I right in assuming this transaction would have been free had I used an Alliant ATM?

Wells Fargo charged me $3 to take out of their ATM with the Alliant card. Alliant credited the $3 the next day.

rated:
You assume right CowbellMaster...Using alliant's debit/atm card at that out of network atm would have cost you nothing from the Alliant Cu side (they charge no fee for any atm you use on their end) and since they also rebate up to $20 in atm surcharge fees each month, the fee the other bank charged would be refunded by Alliant by the next business day!

In addition, when you use any of the 80,000 or so surcharge free network atms that you see on the website (using the atm locator) those atms wouldn't even add a fee when you use your Alliant card there...so those don't even COUNT toward your monthly $20 rebate total...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1122123124125 126
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015