• filter:
  • 1114115116117 118
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Nice -- I just got an email from Alliant offering me a free full day factory tour and test drive at the Tesla factory in Fremont, CA. Now that's what I call a perk of membership!

rated:
valentinevl said:   I've heard that Alliant has the atypical ability to originate ACH transfers that appear to the receiving bank to be direct deposits. This would be very useful to me because I could use an Alliant account to meet signup bonuses that require direct deposits. Can anyone confirm that Alliant has this direct-deposit origination capability? Thanks for your help!

Yes.  Of course.  This is a well-known aspect of Alliant's service to members.  I am a very heavy user of this service for the purpose you mentioned and for a great many other purposes.  One thing, though:

When Alliant sends money via ACH, in accord with your electronic instructions, those are genuine direct deposits.  They don't just "appear" to be direct deposits.  They are the real McCoy!!

Finally, just a heads up:

Some institutions (not Alliant), ones where you are satisfying direct deposit requirements to qualify for (whatever) deal, require those direct deposits to be from Social Security, pension, or from salary payments.  You need to be careful to ensure in advance that a direct deposit received from Alliant will satisfy the terms and conditions of the deal you are doing.

And you're right:  Alliant's service vis a vis ACH is atypical.  It is, in fact, the best of any financial institution (bank, CU, or otherwise) in this country.  It is a remarkably good and useful service, and is a key reason Alliant is my hub financial institution.  No other even comes close!

rated:
sfchris said:   Nice -- I just got an email from Alliant offering me a free full day factory tour and test drive at the Tesla factory in Fremont, CA. Now that's what I call a perk of membership!

That's an absolutely stunning, mind bending, perq.  You'd be crazy not to take them up on that.  The Tesla factory is one of the most remarkable facilities of its kind in this country.  I am seized with envy!!!  Congrats, you lucky, lucky dog!!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1114115116117 118
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014