• filter:
  • 1110 111 112113114123
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
nwill002 said:   has anyone successfully got Alliant to add your account on the shared branch network? CSR said only a select amount of accounts get this access due to cost purposes.

Live in Hawaii. Alliant provides it as a courtesy since they closed their Honolulu branch several years ago. It's an undocumented benefit and may not apply to new accounts opened there.

It's the only time Alliant has closed a branch. If you live anywhere else and you don't have a branch nearby, you knew exactly what you were getting into, and I don't see why they should spend capital to offer you shared branching instead of putting that towards their extremely competitive rates.

rated:
After Alliant CU updated their login servers a while back, has anyone been having problem updating their transactions from Quicken? I am not referring to downloading QFX files... I am talking about updating/pulling new transactions from Quicken itself.

I have tried the following:
1) Unlinking my accounts in Quicken and resyncing them from Quicken itself by adding new account - This will only work on that day, but will not pull any data for subsequent auto-updates
2) Unlinking my accounts in Quicken, downloading QFX files for Alliant, importing them, syncing them back to my Quicken accounts and entering password/userID for autoupdate - This will only work for about a week, then I get no updates.

Alliant is refusing to acknowledge the problem, and I am 100% sure it is their server issues. I never had issues before their login server updates.

rated:
AndroAsc said:   ... has anyone been having problem updating their transactions from Quicken? <snip>
No problems here (Quicken 2012). What version are you running? Express WebConnect varies, depending on how old your version of Quicken is (hence, Intuit's sunsetting policy).

Express WebConnect is provided by Intuit, not the individual institutions. It's a web-based variant of "screen-scraping", combined with Intuit's aggregation databases, which is why some web reformatting or style changes sometimes introduces one-step update breakage. Anyway, problems on current versions of Quicken are investigated and resolved by Intuit. Their support forums are usually quite effective for identifying and solving issues...

rated:
As an Alliant fan and supporter, not usually a critic (I'm the OP here, after all), I hesitate to report negative stuff. But here goes anyway:

I just applied on-line for the Alliant Platinum Rewards VISA with the 20,000 point reward. It was a bit of a hassle, needlessly so. Be aware of this if you apply for the card on line:

They are using pop ups!! Once you know that it's much easier to apply, but there is no warning from Alliant. My Chrome browser did not warn me. I only found out after I switched over to MSIE. MSIE didn't work either, but it did warn me about the pop up, allowing me to disable my blocker. Why Alliant is using pop ups in 2012 . . well . . I simply don't know.

Anyway, the application went along fine once I accepted their foolish pop up . . until the end. At that point, with all data entered, I clicked expecting a final review screen so I could check all my data entry before the final submission. But noooooo. There was no final review. It just submitted straightaway!!

That's poor web page design in my view, regarding both the need to accept pop ups and the lack of a final data review screen. Maybe they figure I type perfectly and never have a brain freeze. Truth is I'm human and make mistakes sometimes. It's nice to be able to check my work.

On the rest:

You have to enter the promo code: VISA875

I forgot about that, but fortunately they asked for a promo code and my memory was jogged.

I did not receive instant approval which is fine. I didn't expect to receive instant approval. But apparently they are processing these applications manually.

Regarding contact, they allow the applicant to select either phone or e-mail. That's a good feature of the application and was helpful to me.

The Alliant Platinum Rewards VISA requires you to apply for a credit line of $2,000 minimum, BTW. I thought that was fine. They allow you to ask for the credit line you want, which is a nice feature.

All in all the application process was OK, but the use of pop ups drove me crazy.

rated:
HotSalami said:   AndroAsc said:   ... has anyone been having problem updating their transactions from Quicken? <snip>
No problems here (Quicken 2012). What version are you running? Express WebConnect varies, depending on how old your version of Quicken is (hence, Intuit's sunsetting policy).

Express WebConnect is provided by Intuit, not the individual institutions. It's a web-based variant of "screen-scraping", combined with Intuit's aggregation databases, which is why some web reformatting or style changes sometimes introduces one-step update breakage. Anyway, problems on current versions of Quicken are investigated and resolved by Intuit. Their support forums are usually quite effective for identifying and solving issues...


I assume you are referring to autoupdates initiated from Quicken itself? I know there is a WebConnect thingy... but those are just QFX files that you manually download from the financial institution website. I am referring to initiating an autoupdate from within the Quicken software itself.

I'm pretty sure my version has not sunsetted yet, I'm running Quicken 2010. So it's still supported till 2013. My other auto-downloads are working fine, it's only Alliant CU that has been causing problem every few weeks or so.

rated:
Oh no... I'm in IT... Intuit is the worst with this... they support the 3 more recent versions... and 2013 is now out. So they now support 2013, 2012, and 2011. 2010 is now ancient history! Not that I know that this has anything to do with your issue... just chiming in on Intuit policy...

rated:
AndroAsc said:   I assume you are referring to autoupdates initiated from Quicken itself? I know there is a WebConnect thingy... but those are just QFX files that you manually download from the financial institution website. I am referring to initiating an autoupdate from within the Quicken software itself.

I'm pretty sure my version has not sunsetted yet, I'm running Quicken 2010. So it's still supported till 2013. My other auto-downloads are working fine, it's only Alliant CU that has been causing problem every few weeks or so.

Yes, I was referring to "One-Step Update". Many years ago, One Step Update consisted only of institutions that used OFX (AKA Direct Connect). Now, it also encompasses Express Web Connect (not the manual QFX file download). Express uses the screen scraping I mentioned before, with an NCR-hosted intermediary to hold the data until you initiate the download within the Quicken app. See https://fi.intuit.com/support/ewc/details/ for more details.

Now, throughout my various upgrades of Quicken, I can attest to different/enhanced behavior of non-Direct Connect institutions on newer versions of Quicken. I understand that 2010 is still supported (once they sunset it, they break Express Web Connect in its entirety), but you may have better luck with 2012 or 2013.

When your version of Quicken stops updating, does the Alliant site show your "aggregator" login attempt at the time and date you try? Click on the "Last Login" area on the top right of Alliant's site, and look for a time/date with the "Aggregator" checkbox checked. If it's not there, then there's a problem with Intuit's HTML parser on their aggregation servers for Q2010 and Alliant.

I check my accounts via Ont-Step Update daily, and have not had any issues with Q2012 (H&B) and Alliant in months...

rated:
chuck75 said:   Oh no... I'm in IT... Intuit is the worst with this... they support the 3 more recent versions... and 2013 is now out. So they now support 2013, 2012, and 2011. 2010 is now ancient history! Not that I know that this has anything to do with your issue... just chiming in on Intuit policy...
If Intuit follows tradition, they'll sunset 2010 in April 2013 (http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/quicken-discontinuation-policy/GEN82218.html). I read somewhere that this date may even be printed on the product box (I'm not home now, so I can't check).

My experience (as I've alluded to earlier) is that they appear to lose interest in keeping up with the parsing scripts as the product version ages.

One upshot to upgrading is that (I believe starting with Q2012) they now support One-Step Update for more obscure accounts, like Macy's and Kohl's charge cards, PayPal, etc...

rated:
guardian44 said:   

On the rest:

You have to enter the promo code: VISA875



Where did you find the promo code? Going here - http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/visa/rewards/ - I don't see a promo code listed, but sure enough there is a space for it on the application.
I don't actually have an invite, I just clicked on a link to the offer from the alliant home page.

rated:
The dead tree mail they sent out has it on it.

rated:
skeurto said:   The dead tree mail they sent out has it on it.

I'm only just now getting back here so thank you, and green, for providing that information, with which I agree.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the promo code here . . I don't know. If it was a targeted mailing the promo code might not work for a member who was not targeted. I don't have the answer to that one.

I just checked the status of my CC application. There is no movement or outcome. They continue to process my application. I guess this is going to take a little while.

rated:
Is anyone using the Alliant HSA with Investment Options at $5.95 per month? Looks like not a horrible deal, all else equal. They have a few Vanguard mutual funds, so if you have over $10k in your HSA, you basically have to tack a 0.5% ER on top of the pretty low ERs on the VG funds. That's not awful relative to some 401ks.

I'm considering it, but here's my biggest hurdle. I despise adding new banking accounts to my life because I have OCD and manually log in daily. It's silly, but I do it and it sucks up 10 minutes of my morning each day. Every new account I add that has a new login adds more time to this ritual.

If I do sign up for the Alliant HSA Investment option, will it show up in my regular Alliant login as it does now, or will I have to exit to a 3rd party site that I log into to see the balance?

I'm cool with logging into the 3rd party site to change my investment allocation, but I want to see the current total balance as part of my Alliant accounts. I will highly doubt that's the case but wondering if anyone's using it to know for sure.

Also, if using Alliant, can you pay the monthly fee from your checking account rather than from within the HSA? (I'll post this same question in the HSA master thread as well).

rated:
Fiancee and I are looking to open up a joint account. Which is our best option? Alliant or ING(w/ BlackFriday bonus)

rated:
Long term, Alliant. Who knows what will happen in February when ing goes all capital one. But If you're true fwf people, you'll each signup for the ing black Friday deals and transfer the bonus to your alliant account and keep the ing account open just in case.

rated:
Joesh said:   Fiancee and I are looking to open up a joint account. Which is our best option? Alliant or ING(w/ BlackFriday bonus)

AverageGuy09 said:   Long term, Alliant. Who knows what will happen in February when ing goes all capital one. But If you're true fwf people, you'll each signup for the ing black Friday deals and transfer the bonus to your alliant account and keep the ing account open just in case.

^ I agree with this.

Wife and I were married just over a year ago and opened all new accounts with Alliant last December. They've been great in terms of services and rates are quite competitive. Love the online banking (especially the Mint.com-like PFM area) and speedy ACH functionality, too.

rated:
Has anyone used Alliant to wire money internationally ? Thanks.

rated:
We did, to the UK, a little over 1 year ago. It was slow, but the exchange rate was fair.

rated:
Isn't the exchange rate determined by the destination bank, rather than Alliant?

rated:
From our experience, we could send the money in $ or £. If we sent it in dollars, the receiving bank set the exchange rate (which was terrible). If we sent it in pounds, Alliant set the rate.

rated:
guardian44 said:   As an Alliant fan and supporter, not usually a critic (I'm the OP here, after all), I hesitate to report negative stuff. But here goes anyway:

I just applied on-line for the Alliant Platinum Rewards VISA with the 20,000 point reward. It was a bit of a hassle, needlessly so.


+1.

Relative got a pre-approval for the 20,000 point offer. He's told by the CA that he got an 832 Equifax score, and is approved for $20K. But...not so fast. They want verification of income. He has no w2, so sends in 2 years of tax returns, with more than ample income (based on what the analyst said). But no, *that's* not enough, they want his s-corp returns also--which won't show they income they want, which was already explained to them.

On top of all that, I verified that Alliant shows this relative has had a $40K balance on hand over the 60-day period they track. He was told that didn't matter.

Bottom line is that this relative is planning on just withdrawing the application, and regrets he even pursued the obviously worthless "pre-approval".

I'm all for good underwriting, but this is silly. I've seen large mortgages get approved with less hassle.

rated:
DaveHanson said:   
+1.

<snip>

I'm all for good underwriting, but this is silly. I've seen large mortgages get approved with less hassle.

+2

Just got the runaround on an auto loan app to buy out my (company leased) vehicle at a fabulous (~65%) LTV. Alliant demanded a down payment (!) Very disappointing. I get the impression that they don't want to lend money...

PenFed, here I come!

rated:
I had no problems. The income and emplyoer fields weren't mandatory so I left them blank. Got a call this morning asking for the information, I told them, got another call 5 minutes later - approved.

rated:
Possibly of interest to some members: This is lifted from the rules and regs for the Platinum Rewards Visa:

Alliant Rewards Program: Eligible Alliant Platinum Rewards VISA®

"Accounts earn one Alliant Rewards Point for every one dollar
in qualifying new purchases, net of returns, the Participant charges to his/her eligible Alliant Platinum Rewards VISA credit card
account as provided for in the program rules. No points are earned for finance charges, fees, cash advances, convenience checks,
foreign transaction currency charges, MEMBER’S CHOICE
TM
Protection (MCP) charges, PIN-based purchases, payment of existing
card balances, balance transfers, ATM transactions, Interlink-processed transactions, fees paid for pre-paid and re-loadable cards
such as certain gift cards, or payments made for payment instruments that can readily be converted to cash (for example, travelers
cheques, money orders, wire transfers, and similar products or services). Points in this Program cannot be exchanged directly for
cash (but may be redeemed as an account balance credit); may not be used with any other offer, promotion or discount; cannot be
earned from, transferred to or combined with any other member’s credit card or debit card account(s) points for redemption; and
cannot be used to satisfy any monthly minimum payment obligation on the cardholder’s account."

rated:
Been with Alliant for a few years. Just found out they have a mobile deposit app for iOS. Never had a loan with them, use them primarily for online savings. Talked to customer service once they were friendly.

rated:
Has anyone received the 20k bonus points yet?

rated:
TheWalL said:   Has anyone received the 20k bonus points yet?

It takes a while, doesn't it?

Once I receive my CC I plan to telephone Alliant to be sure I'm in on the deal . . . to double check IOW.

After that the points will arrive when they arrive.

rated:
guardian44 said:   TheWalL said:   Has anyone received the 20k bonus points yet?

It takes a while, doesn't it?

Once I receive my CC I plan to telephone Alliant to be sure I'm in on the deal . . . to double check IOW.

After that the points will arrive when they arrive.


C'mon, you're OP and haven't signed up for this deal?

I want to cash out the points...grabbing as much of the rewards as I can this holiday season. And I have a lot of rewards points/miles I have to cash out. Its gonna take some time

rated:
TheWalL said:   guardian44 said:   TheWalL said:   Has anyone received the 20k bonus points yet?

It takes a while, doesn't it?

Once I receive my CC I plan to telephone Alliant to be sure I'm in on the deal . . . to double check IOW.

After that the points will arrive when they arrive.


C'mon, you're OP and haven't signed up for this deal?

I want to cash out the points...grabbing as much of the rewards as I can this holiday season. And I have a lot of rewards points/miles I have to cash out. Its gonna take some time


Naaa It's all good. I signed up and am awaiting delivery of my card (it is taking forever).

Thing is, though, I still plan to double check that I was accepted into the deal . . . . even though I used the promo code.

I don't take a lot for granted.

rated:
I am trying to get on this deal late. What is the best way to become a member ?

Thanks

rated:
Any way to get the 20,000 bonus pt offer if I've already had the alliant cc?

rated:
zjts said:   Any way to get the 20,000 bonus pt offer if I've already had the alliant cc?

I don't know Alliant's rules on this. Again, the situation specifically at Alliant is unknown to me. It could easily be different at Alliant than the experience I'm about to report:

With at least one other CC special offer situation, possibly more than one (cannot recall), in your situation I simply applied for, and received, a second card. The rewards benefits I was seeking attached to the second card without problem.

If you hesitate to risk that approach, a telephone call to Alliant might get you an answer.

rated:
guardian44 said:   
Thing is, though, I still plan to double check that I was accepted into the deal . . . . even though I used the promo code. I don't take a lot for granted.


Call the Alliant Member Service number. I called when I didn't see the 20K points on my current statement and the very-friendly and always-very-helpful member rep told me it will post on the 4th statement after you reach the thresholds. Bummer on the wait. She was also able to verify that I did indeed have the promo applied to my account.

rated:
TheWalL said:   guardian44 said:   
Thing is, though, I still plan to double check that I was accepted into the deal . . . . even though I used the promo code. I don't take a lot for granted.


Call the Alliant Member Service number. I called when I didn't see the 20K points on my current statement and the very-friendly and always-very-helpful member rep told me it will post on the 4th statement after you reach the thresholds. Bummer on the wait. She was also able to verify that I did indeed have the promo applied to my account.


Yes. Agreed. Thanks. To be honest I did all that a week or two ago. It went smoothly, I'm in the deal, and all is well. No complaints.

rated:
On what basis Local PTA accept membership?

rated:
avinashchand said:   On what basis Local PTA accept membership?

My local PTA was willing to take anybody. It was open to anyone willing to pay the entry fee.

rated:
guardian44 said:   avinashchand said:   On what basis Local PTA accept membership?

My local PTA was willing to take anybody. It was open to anyone willing to pay the entry fee.


How much u paid ?

rated:
avinashchand said:   guardian44 said:   avinashchand said:   On what basis Local PTA accept membership?

My local PTA was willing to take anybody. It was open to anyone willing to pay the entry fee.


How much u paid ?


I joined Georgia PTA for $5 (now $5.57). Used to have to mail in a check and form, but looks like it's online now. Not sure if it's restricted to in-state only.

Here's the link: http://www.georgiapta.org/BBPTAReg.aspx

rated:
Heads up. I noticed on Monday that eDeposit Plus has moved from the stone age (ActiveX) to Java. I successfully made a deposit using Chrome. Should simplify life for non-IE users...

rated:
avinashchand said:   guardian44 said:   avinashchand said:   On what basis Local PTA accept membership?

My local PTA was willing to take anybody. It was open to anyone willing to pay the entry fee.


How much u paid ?


I gave 'em five bucks, just to help out. It's a good cause.

But the actual entry fee for my PTA was only $1.

rated:
HotSalami said:   Heads up. I noticed on Monday that eDeposit Plus has moved from the stone age (ActiveX) to Java. I successfully made a deposit using Chrome. Should simplify life for non-IE users...

Ah Java, so from the stone age to the bronze age!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1110 111 112113114123
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014