• filter:
  • 1111 112 113114115118
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
avinashchand said:   On what basis Local PTA accept membership?

Actually, instead of doing the PTA option, the quickest and easiest way to qualify for membership at Alliant Cu is to simply make a $10 donation to this charity (from the alliant website):
link

You can make the contribution online to their website and then immediately apply to join Alliant Cu...

rated:
I second that. Tax deductible too. any news on the rates craig10x ?

rated:
Thanks tajar96...i will check in with them and see if i can find out...

rated:
I am very pleased to report that i just confirmed with Alliant that the Dividend rates will remain the same for the month of January, 2013
.80% apy for Share Savings and .75% for the Interest Checking Account...

rated:
Thanks craig10x. I was hoping for a Christmas present and rates would magically rise. I put all my savings in Alliant only to see the rates drop. oh well.

rated:
You're welcome...don't feel too bad though...at least Alliant always has had the reputation of trying to keep rates as high as they can and for as LONG as they can...so while they may not be at the top, they do give you that stability that many other banks/cus don't give us...

rated:
Has anyone noticed their interest checking account's direct deposits starting to post early nowadays (like DCU) instead of showing as a pending transaction until the auth date? I observed this a couple months ago and it has been happening consistently this quarter. This feature (if it is indeed) is great for us!

rated:
TheWalL said:   Has anyone noticed their interest checking account's direct deposits starting to post early nowadays (like DCU) instead of showing as a pending transaction until the auth date? I observed this a couple months ago and it has been happening consistently this quarter. This feature (if it is indeed) is great for us!My paycheck still shows up as pending the day before and is posted on payday. No change for me.

rated:
craig10x said:   You're welcome...don't feel too bad though...at least Alliant always has had the reputation of trying to keep rates as high as they can and for as LONG as they can...so while they may not be at the top, they do give you that stability that many other banks/cus don't give us...

LOL as high as they can, but lower than even Ally.

rated:
true tomprc, but there is only a .15% difference between the two...kinda tiny, really...

rated:
Need help with Alliant Platinum Rewards CC:

I've successfully opened my account and spent the thousand bucks. But:

I have a large balance on another CC (not Alliant). Is it correct that I can move that large balance over to my Alliant Platinum Rewards for free? and also have the advantage of 0% interest on that large balance while it is charged to my Alliant CC . . for free? Is there a catch or charge or fee on this deal that I'm missing?

If not, what are the nuts and bolts of doing the balance transfer? I just logged into my Alliant CC account. There is nothing I see there that supports balance transfer. Is this something where I must telephone Alliant to get it done?

rated:
guardian44 said:   Need help with Alliant Platinum Rewards CC:

I have a large balance on another CC (not Alliant). Is it correct that I can move that large balance over to my Alliant Platinum Rewards for free? and also have the advantage of 0% interest on that large balance while it is charged to my Alliant CC . . for free? Is there a catch or charge or fee on this deal that I'm missing?

If not, what are the nuts and bolts of doing the balance transfer? I just logged into my Alliant CC account. There is nothing I see there that supports balance transfer. Is this something where I must telephone Alliant to get it done?

There was a field to put in transfers in the online application, which is how I did it. I imagine you could call in.

rated:
jtdeals said:   TheWalL said:   Has anyone noticed their interest checking account's direct deposits starting to post early nowadays (like DCU) instead of showing as a pending transaction until the auth date? I observed this a couple months ago and it has been happening consistently this quarter. This feature (if it is indeed) is great for us!My paycheck still shows up as pending the day before and is posted on payday. No change for me.

Same for me. Have one pending now, in fact.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   guardian44 said:   Need help with Alliant Platinum Rewards CC:

There was a field to put in transfers in the online application, which is how I did it. I imagine you could call in.
I called in to do a BT to a Chase card, and the agent handled it for me very efficiently. I did this even before receiving the card.

rated:
tjguitar85 and bw4747

Thanks very much for the assist! I didn't know what to do. Now I know. I will call, probably on Jan. 2.

This is a deal way too good to pass up!

rated:
Hey guys,

Question, Im about to apply for this card soon. I want to take advantage of Both the 20k reward AND 0% balance transfer fee promo. Whats the best way to do both?

1. Apply online or over the phone
2. Wait to get card, spend 1k on it, pay it off right away and then do the balance transfer?

OR

2. do balance transfer FIRST, get card, Spend 1k in regular purchases, make a payment of 1k so you dont get any APR charges on it?

rated:
Either way. The two promotions are separate one to the other, I just asked the same questions to Alliant and so was told. In the middle of spending the 1K to meet requirements right now.

rated:
Did my first BT this morning thanks to help received here (for which, thanks again). Wanted to report back on my experience:

It was not an entirely good experience, though it all came out OK. I tried first to do the BT on the website. It's difficult to locate the BT page, even though it's available two different ways. You can click "settings" at the top and then go into credit cards. Or you can just click "balance transfer" at the bottom right, in the fine print. Once you've done this one time it's easy. It was my first time and not intuitive for me.

Anyway, I finally got in and tried to fill out the form. The fields are character limited so you have to work around that. But for me the killer was this: I put in the correct payee zip code on the entry screen, but the first digit of that zip was truncated when I reached the confirmation screen. I was not willing to click on a confirmation screen with the wrong payee zip, one which had been truncated to four digits. So I didn't.

Instead I telephoned and did the Balance Transfer (BT) that way. This was the only usable option for me.

My rep confirmed that there is no BT fee and that the transferred balance will be at zero interest for the first year. You can transfer as often as you wish, and you are permitted to do multiple balance transfers on the same telephone call.

Be aware of the following temporal consideration:

It could take a while, as long as three weeks, for your payee to receive your payment. It's not the same system as Alliant bill payer. They claim, or at least they threaten, that your first BT payment might be done manually and via snail mail!! So just allow time, that's all I'm saying.

I'll be watching for receipt of my BT payment by my payee. It the money does not move fast enough, I will use Alliant bill payer to make a payment I know will arrive timely. I checked with my payee on this. They said if there is a double payment they will send me a check for the over payment, without prejudice.

rated:
Is there anyway to get the money deposited in the checking account for a BT ?

rated:
Nope, only to a CC

rated:
flyalexair said:   Hey guys,

Question, Im about to apply for this card soon. I want to take advantage of Both the 20k reward AND 0% balance transfer fee promo. Whats the best way to do both?

1. Apply online or over the phone
2. Wait to get card, spend 1k on it, pay it off right away and then do the balance transfer?

OR

2. do balance transfer FIRST, get card, Spend 1k in regular purchases, make a payment of 1k so you dont get any APR charges on it?

Purchases are 0% for the first 12 months, so it makes no difference.

rated:
Has anyone else had problems adding Redneck to Alliant's transfer accounts? The micro deposit and withdrawal showed up on Redneck and the account was confirmed on Alliant. Then a few days later, Alliant emailed me that Bank of the Wichitas (Redneck's parent) notified them that it wasn't valid and it was deactivated. I had the identical thing happen several months ago and even had a larger transfer go through before it was deactivated. I know the account info was correct (the deposit going through confirms that). It's odd because I have Ally and CapOne linked with the same info.

I really like Alliant, but with Redneck's rates almost 40% higher (1.09% vs .8%), it's time to move some money.

rated:
Arfanbarker, the Redneck Money Market account only gives that balance on amounts up to $35,000 where as Alliant's rate applies to all balances, no matter how high...
wasn't sure if you were aware of that...as far as straightening out the ach with Alliant, you may want to give Redneck a call on that...perhaps a different route number is required...
also, if you are linking to Redneck's Money market, it may go in as a checking account rather then a savings, so you might try that instead...

rated:
Are you referring to Redneck's Mega Money Market ("MMM") account or its reward or free checking account? If it's the MMM account, you might want to use "Checking" (NOT "Savings") as account type when you add the MMM account at the Alliant site.

Arfanbarkler said:   Has anyone else had problems adding Redneck to Alliant's transfer accounts? The micro deposit and withdrawal showed up on Redneck and the account was confirmed on Alliant. Then a few days later, Alliant emailed me that Bank of the Wichitas (Redneck's parent) notified them that it wasn't valid and it was deactivated. I had the identical thing happen several months ago and even had a larger transfer go through before it was deactivated. I know the account info was correct (the deposit going through confirms that). It's odd because I have Ally and CapOne linked with the same info.

I really like Alliant, but with Redneck's rates almost 40% higher (1.09% vs .8%), it's time to move some money.

rated:
craig10x said:   Arfanbarker, the Redneck Money Market account only gives that balance on amounts up to $35,000 where as Alliant's rate applies to all balances, no matter how high...
wasn't sure if you were aware of that...as far as straightening out the ach with Alliant, you may want to give Redneck a call on that...perhaps a different route number is required...
also, if you are linking to Redneck's Money market, it may go in as a checking account rather then a savings, so you might try that instead...

Thanks, Craig. Yes, I'm aware of the $35K limit. The difference is only about $100 a year, but I'd rather have an extra $100 than not. Of course, if there are issues transferring it, I'd rather just leave it in Alliant or move some of it to Ally (.95%). I just sent an email to Redneck to see what they say.

It would be nice if Alliant would be a little more competitive, like they were until recently. A slight bump to .9% would be enough for me.

rated:
wesleman said:   Are you referring to Redneck's Mega Money Market ("MMM") account or its reward or free checking account? If it's the MMM account, you might want to use "Checking" (NOT "Savings") as account type when you add the MMM account at the Alliant site.

Mega Money Market. I'm not sure if I tried to add it as checking or savings. It seems odd that the micro deposit would have gone through if there was a problem.

rated:
The small deposit and withdrawal would go through either way but if you add it as a savings account, it'll be deleted right away.

Try adding it again as a checking account and it'll stay!

Arfanbarkler said:   Mega Money Market. I'm not sure if I tried to add it as checking or savings. It seems odd that the micro deposit would have gone through if there was a problem.

rated:
Yes...i think wesleman got it right..very likely, the money market will go in as a checking account...give it a try! Let us know if it works...

rated:
Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot. Redneck customer service wasn't sure what the problem was, but did say sometimes banks have trouble with the Redneck routing number and need to use their b&m number.

BTW, Alliance's new java interface for eDepositPlus is a big improvement.

rated:
anyone know on average how long it takes for BT checks to be delivered?

rated:
I can't remember where I see it now but even Redneck Bank (and its sister banks, AmericaNet and Evantage) would tell its customers to treat its Mega Money Market account as a checking account when adding it to other bank's ACH transfer system.

Arfanbarkler said:   Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot. Redneck customer service wasn't sure what the problem was, but did say sometimes banks have trouble with the Redneck routing number and need to use their b&m number.

BTW, Alliance's new java interface for eDepositPlus is a big improvement.

rated:
SegaRob said:   anyone know on average how long it takes for BT checks to be delivered?

Two weeks

rated:
fattywallace said:   SegaRob said:   anyone know on average how long it takes for BT checks to be delivered?

Two weeks

Very helpful to know. Thank you for posting, and green.

I'm a balance transfer noob, so please cut me a little slack if I'm wrong. Also, I'm doing the 0% CC deal at present so none of this impacts me now. However:

It struck me that my Alliant CC account is charged for the balance transfer a lot sooner than my (non-Alliant) targeted card is paid. Thus, I'm paying double interest for too long a while for me to like. That's no problemo when the interest rate at Alliant is zero, of course. I realize that. But my Alliant interest rate won't be zero forever.

I use Alliant bill payer constantly with never a problem and with next-day crediting of payments being extremely routine. It's a great service. Again as a noob, I just don't get why balance transfer payments cannot be accomplished equally quickly as with bill payer. The concept of using snail mail () for anything in 2013 simply blows my mind.

rated:
guardian44 said:   Very helpful to know. Thank you for posting, and green.

I'm a balance transfer noob, so please cut me a little slack if I'm wrong. Also, I'm doing the 0% CC deal at present so none of this impacts me now. However:
<snippo>

I think "new" transfers are held to give you the opportunity to review the card's terms & conditions prior to moving the money. I know it seems slimy on the part of the credit issuer (as it appears that they're stiffing you out of a few valuable weeks of 0% goodness), but I'm sure that there's some backroom attorney pulling the strings. Chase, for example, does not let you transfer until you get the physical card in the mail -- assuring that you get their legal paperwork first.

As far as to whether it's electronic or not -- the jury's still out on Alliant regarding this, as I'm still waiting for my transfers to post as well. I can say that Navy FCU issued (at least some) transfers electronically, and long before the stated 10-day "wait till you review our terms" hold.

rated:
fattywallace said:   SegaRob said:   anyone know on average how long it takes for BT checks to be delivered?

Two weeks

Same timeframe in my experience.

rated:
HEPennypacker said:   jtdeals said:   TheWalL said:   Has anyone noticed their interest checking account's direct deposits starting to post early nowadays (like DCU) instead of showing as a pending transaction until the auth date? I observed this a couple months ago and it has been happening consistently this quarter. This feature (if it is indeed) is great for us!My paycheck still shows up as pending the day before and is posted on payday. No change for me.

Same for me. Have one pending now, in fact.

Happened again today...shouldnt have credited until tomorrow but its available anyway.

Also noticed that mobile Deposit app is not holding deposits under review for longer than 5 minutes now. Last year it used to be atleast one business day of review before it was approved.

rated:
TheWalL said:   
Happened again today...shouldnt have credited until tomorrow but its available anyway.

It's most likely something with your companies payroll provider. I can confirm that both my main employer (using Intuit), part time employer (State Government, so they are their own provider) and my Wife's employer (using ADP) are all showing pending today to be released tomorrow, the official payday.

rated:
AverageGuy09 said:   TheWalL said:   

It's most likely something with your companies payroll provider. I can confirm that both my main employer (using Intuit), part time employer (State Government, so they are their own provider) and my Wife's employer (using ADP) are all showing pending today to be released tomorrow, the official payday.

Nope...nothing to do with payroll provider since mine is also ADP (and this has happened across several employers for me over the last few months that had other providers).

rated:
Are you located in Chicago or IL? Geography used to affect the timing of ACH transfers.

rated:
Anybody else run into this:

I used Alliant bill payer service to make a payment to my Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa a couple of days ago. The payment shows in my Alliant checking as having been debited. It also shows correctly in my Bill Payer history.

However, the payment still is not showing up as a credit in my Alliant Visa account!

Even when I use the Alliant Bill Payer service to pay other, non Alliant, credit cards, my payments show up the next day.

I'm OK on this. I did the payment early. But, for others, I would not use Alliant Bill Payer to pay an Alliant credit card at the last minute. I'm going to call them and try to learn what's up.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1111 112 113114115118
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014