• filter:
  • 1114 115 116117118
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
well looks like Penfed stays as a check payment in Alliant Bill Pay. Took over a week for the payment to be processed on Penfed's side.

rated:
nwill002 said:   well looks like Penfed stays as a check payment in Alliant Bill Pay. Took over a week for the payment to be processed on Penfed's side.

Interesting.

That Penfed payment that took a week . . was that your first payment to Penfed using the Alliant Bill Pay service?

I think sometimes the first payment can take a little longer . . . maybe.

rated:
nwill002 said:   well looks like Penfed stays as a check payment in Alliant Bill Pay. Took over a week for the payment to be processed on Penfed's side.
Alliant always pays Penfed by Check, unfortunately. Even though Penfed accepts electronic payments, Alliant's billpay system does not seem to recognize that.

rated:
DrForce said:   nwill002 said:   well looks like Penfed stays as a check payment in Alliant Bill Pay. Took over a week for the payment to be processed on Penfed's side.
Alliant always pays Penfed by Check, unfortunately. Even though Penfed accepts electronic payments, Alliant's billpay system does not seem to recognize that.

Yup... Sadly, for Penfed, I use Bank of America's billpay to electronically pay PenFed and it takes the funds from my Alliant account.

rated:
bauzer71487 said:   Is there a way to get a different image on the card, the beach scene is ugly as can be.

I talked to someone at the bank and they said call the number on the back, did so, and they said call the bank.

I did it via secure message. Got the new card in a week.

rated:
If I sign up for an HSA at Alliant, is that going to give me hard pull on my credit score?

rated:
dougan778 said:   If I sign up for an HSA at Alliant, is that going to give me hard pull on my credit score?
Not for the HSA, but if you're not an Alliant member yet then that requires a hard pull -- I believe on Equifax.

rated:
Anyone else tried out the new version of Mobile Deposit that is integrated into the main Alliant app ???

It is much worse than the current standalone version. Here is my experience while attempting to deposit 2 checks:

- Required taking 5-6 photos for 2 checks (much less successful than standalone (SA) version which I have had 1 retake in around 60 checks deposited)
- 20% of the time, the captured image came out totally blank or washed out enough that it appeared blank
- Image quality of checks displayed in the app are much lower quality than SA app
- Requires you to choose the deposit account for each and every check (PITA)
- After "successfully" taking 5-6 pictures to deposit 2 checks, the app informed me that "my session had expired" and logged me out (even though I had been using the mobile capture part the entire time).

I went back to the stand-alone app and finished my other 13 checks without having any image capture issues or having to retake any pictures.

Big thumb-down on the new "integrated" mobile deposit.

rated:
Yes I tried to deposit one check and it was going okay but then I got logged out after I spent thirty seconds endorsing the back of the check. They need to increase the time interval before it considers you "inactive"

rated:
Not sure if they upgraded only the iOS app or both...I haven't logged into the mobile app in a couple weeks.

rated:
I am very pleased to report that the rates will remain the same at Alliant Credit Union for the month of June...
Savings: .70% apy Interest Checking: .65% apy
(Confirmed by e-mail with them today)...

rated:
craig10x said:   I am very pleased to report that the rates will remain the same at Alliant Credit Union for the month of June...
I'm very pleased to report that the lion's share of my dollars will remain in my Kasasa-provided money market account at 1.25%.

I really wish that Alliant will come back strong someday. Getting whipped by the likes of Ally still surprises me...

rated:
Still...compared to other credit unions, they are still the highest...and even my Barclay's Savings has gone down to .90% apy thus narrowing the difference...
And they do offer a lot of nice services that go along with it...like 80,000 free atms, excellent bill pay, etc...

rated:
craig10x said:   Still...compared to other credit unions, they are still the highest...and even my Barclay's Savings has gone down to .90% apy thus narrowing the difference...
And they do offer a lot of nice services that go along with it...like 80,000 free atms, excellent bill pay, etc...

Agreed. And so many other services. Alliant is still "top of the heap" for me. Their website is virtually perfect. And their ACH services have no rival in the USA.

Alliant has my "hub account" business forever, for life . . . . unless they mess up and change their website and/or screw with their fantastic and absolutely unrivaled ACH capability.

BTW, I'm making money right now with the Alliant credit card, too. Though that situation will only be around another four or five months, it's still a fantastic deal while it lasts. The Alliant CC is very convenient. However they would have to go to 2% Cash Back to hold me because I currently use a Priceline card (with 2% Cash Back) as my everyday spender.

rated:
Has anyone had recent experience with Alliant's auto loans? How fast are they in sending you a check so that you can go shopping at a dealership?

rated:
The Alliant Credit Union Health Savings Account rate plunged from 1.05% to 0.70%.

rated:
Really? Mine still shows 1.05%.

rated:
habibbijan said:   Really? Mine still shows 1.05%.See their rate page.

It says...
Health Savings Account - HSA
Health Savings Account (HSA) Dividend declared 02/28/2013, provides a Dividend rate of 0.698% – Compounded Annual Percentage Yield of 0.70% APY. Dividends are paid on the last day of the month to accountholders who have maintained an average daily balance of $100 or more in a HSA.

rated:
Ah, got it. My account just hasn't updated yet. Alliant, I am disappoint.

rated:
bluechalk said:   habibbijan said:   Really? Mine still shows 1.05%.See their rate page.

It says...
Health Savings Account - HSA
Health Savings Account (HSA) Dividend declared 02/28/2013, provides a Dividend rate of 0.698% Compounded Annual Percentage Yield of 0.70% APY. Dividends are paid on the last day of the month to accountholders who have maintained an average daily balance of $100 or more in a HSA.

I think it might be a typo as the declared date is from February (when all the other rates changed). My online account still shows 1.045%

rated:
Beware - Alliant silently "reversed" confirmed E-Depositplus transactions days later. Fortunately, happened to notice the rejections. Otherwise, any checks/debits drafted against them would obviously have been declined. The checks were valid. CSR's explained there were some anomalies detected in the scans. If the Alliant-Ensenta system isn't "smart" enough to reject questionable scans out-of-hand, initially processing and confirming them and later reversing them without notice, then IMO it just can't be trusted.

rated:
All my recent mobile check deposits went into "held for review." Not sure why. Is this happening to you too? It must be very costly for them to review every deposit of mine manually. Maybe that's their way to discourage me from using mobile check deposit or from depositing altogether. Ally is looking better. With $15k in checking, you get 0.75% and the freedom to use any ATM.

rated:
jtdeals said:   I think it might be a typo as the declared date is from February (when all the other rates changed). My online account still shows 1.045%
I now see 0.70% APY in my account.

rated:
hellok38 said:   All my recent mobile check deposits went into "held for review." Not sure why. Is this happening to you too? It must be very costly for them to review every deposit of mine manually. Maybe that's their way to discourage me from using mobile check deposit or from depositing altogether. Ally is looking better. With $15k in checking, you get 0.75% and the freedom to use any ATM.

Did you find out why that happened? For the last couple months I've done about 3 mobile deposits per week and always instantly accepted/available. I remember early on I had a couple held for review.

rated:
Just wanted to document here, for others, my impression that my last BT (balance transfer) payment was executed electronically. This despite certainty prior BT payments were done by mail.

Evidence:

My evidence in all instances is the amount of time it took for my BT payments to be credited to my (third party) CC account. With my most recent BT activity, the payment was credited to my CC account too quickly for it to have been sent by (snail) mail. It happened within a few days. Prior, it was taking between 1.5 and 2.5 weeks for my payment to be credited.

rated:
The mobile check deposit does an OCR (optical character recognition) scan of the check. It looks for the routing numbers on the bottom of the check, the amount, and maybe more. If you wait a few seconds after scanning the front of the check, the deposit app will show an error message if the OCR scan couldn't read everything. If you continue on and submit it anyways, it will be held for review so that a person can find all that information and enter it into their system. If you photo of the check is poor enough, then it will be totally rejected.

rated:
dl73 said:   hellok38 said:   All my recent mobile check deposits went into "held for review." Not sure why. Is this happening to you too? It must be very costly for them to review every deposit of mine manually. Maybe that's their way to discourage me from using mobile check deposit or from depositing altogether. Ally is looking better. With $15k in checking, you get 0.75% and the freedom to use any ATM.

Did you find out why that happened? For the last couple months I've done about 3 mobile deposits per week and always instantly accepted/available. I remember early on I had a couple held for review.

I gave up. The images looked OK to me. I even had one rejected after review. Reason given was "Non-conforming image. Please resubmit."

rated:
Anyone have a paper check epmt from Alliant not get delivered? I paid a service worker via paper check as I always have and they told me they never got it - I had to stop pmt and reissue.

Likely lost in the mail, or something. Thought I'd throw a datapoint in, in case it was a trend.

rated:
My Alliant bill pay checks have been taking 7 working days from the payment date to get to Seattle.

rated:
Posting this hoping it helps someone else avoid this problem. I setup a future recurring bill pay yesterday (Friday) on Alliant's web site for 9/1, recurring every quarter. I verified it was set to the right date, 9/1 before I logged out. This morning I had an alert that Alliant had sent the check yesterday evening for the same amount I setup the future bill pay for. I logged into the web site and they had in deed sent the check and reset the date for the payment to yesterday, with the next payment being 9/21 instead of 9/1. I called the 800 number, but the weekend staff couldn't do anything and told me to call back on Monday.

Not sure if this is an isolated case or there is something wrong with future bill pays on their site so I am posting this. This was a rather costly problem since it was a $800 check and Alliant weekend support couldn't issue a preliminary credit or do anything other then record the case for Monday. This is the first time in 5 years I've had to use their weekend support and am very disappointed. I understand after hours is limited support, but this was little more then an answering service taking messages for Monday.

rated:
I just had two bill pay checks that were supposed to be processed on 6/21, but were processed on 6/23 instead.

rated:
tvholic said:   I just had two bill pay checks that were supposed to be processed on 6/21, but were processed on 6/23 instead.
Wonder if there are glitches in their bill pay system in general. I called them first thing Monday morning about my issue, they are going to credit my account, but say it will take 3 days to do the stop payment and credit. The check was already mailed so now I have to contact the place the check was going to and let them know not to deposit it or they might get hit with a returned check charge, which I am sure they would pass on to me. What a pain. The rep I talked to was going to send it on to the web support team so they could try and figure out why it happened and fix it.

rated:
Well, the last payment was mailed a day late, but the check arrived three days after that. I have a theory that the first check sent to a new payee takes a few extra days to be processed, and isn't actually mailed on the day the check is printed. I'll keep sending myself test checks at the same time my rent check is sent, for another month or two, just to keep tabs on things.

Meanwhile, the test checks I sent to myself from banks using two other bill pay services (Checkfree/Fiserv and Intuit/Metavante), both of which were scheduled to be delivered no later than June 27, both failed to arrive here by June 27. (Update: the Metavante check arrived on the 28th, and the Fiserv on the 29th.)

rated:
Is there a way to get paid via ACH for an individual? I have one tenant that mails me a rent check and often it's late and not always his fault. With regular Bill Pay I would still get a paper check from his bank. Can I set up a way to be paid electronically into my Alliant account?

rated:
You can't, the other party will have to set up the ACH from his bank to yours. All needed is routing and account number.

rated:
fattywallace said:   You can't, the other party will have to set up the ACH from his bank to yours. All needed is routing and account number.

I understand the other party will have to set it up. Will Alliant let me receive it as an individual?

rated:
atikovi said:   Is there a way to get paid via ACH for an individual? I have one tenant that mails me a rent check and often it's late and not always his fault. With regular Bill Pay I would still get a paper check from his bank. Can I set up a way to be paid electronically into my Alliant account?

It depends more on your renter's bank and what bill pay service they use.
Some do have a way to sign up for ach, you would have to contact his bill pay provider. (Sometimes they have their contact info on the check)

rated:
FIS/Metavante sends out bill pay checks with the URL payelectronic.com on the envelope -- you can enroll there as an individual biller, but your renter would need to be using a bank that outsourced their bill pay services (eg, if their online banking interface said "Powered by Intuit").

The other major service provider is Fiserv/CheckFree (fiserv.com).

Alliant's bill pay is outsourced to Wescom (www.wescomresources.com).

The easiest option would be if your renter used a bank that offers the Popmoney service (popmoney.com) which allows ACH transfers directly into your account, or a similar service offered by banks such as USAA. But make sure the maximum transfer limit isn't less than the rent.

rated:
OT: atikovi - Can you ask your tenant to use paypal/Amazon Payments to pay you that you can then route to your Alliant checking?

Has anyone noticed odd glitches with transaction descriptions lately? Every few days I see a transaction or two that I don't recognize on my account and it goes away the next day. Sounds like they're having some data quality issues there. Or they're under severe attack.

rated:
Getting a new tenant who will be paying 6 months at a time so not an issue at this time.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1114 115 116117118
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014