• filter:
  • 1113114115 116 117
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
TheWalL said:   OT: atikovi - Can you ask your tenant to use paypal/Amazon Payments to pay you that you can then route to your Alliant checking?

Has anyone noticed odd glitches with transaction descriptions lately? Every few days I see a transaction or two that I don't recognize on my account and it goes away the next day. Sounds like they're having some data quality issues there. Or they're under severe attack.

I've never noticed this, but I also don't check my account as frequently as 'every few day'

rated:
I had to withdraw from an ATM that does not belong to Alliant's network.

Does Alliant re-imburse the ATM fees?

Does Alliant charge it own fees on top of the other ATM fees?

rated:
quizzer25 said:   I had to withdraw from an ATM that does not belong to Alliant's network.

Does Alliant re-imburse the ATM fees?

Does Alliant charge it own fees on top of the other ATM fees?

Unfortunately I don't believe they reimburse fees, but fortunately I don't think they charge their own fees either (you would just pay the ATM owner's fee as you did), according to this fee schedule:

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/services/fees/

rated:
No they don't charge any fees. Why would they reimburse your fees?

rated:
tj, other banks reimburse ATM fees (USAA)...

rated:
Alliant won't charge you any atm fee on their end at all...not for balance inquiries, transfers or withdrawals at the atms...However, they will not re-imburse you if you use an atm that isn't covered by their surcharge free atm network such as COOP, ALLPOINT, ALLIANCE ONE and BANK OF THE WEST...so, you will only get hit at that atm you used...

rated:
Just got a $50 bonus mailer to open a new "High Rate Checking" account... Except that I already have one. Can I still get the bonus by opening another account?

rated:
calwatch said:   Just got a $50 bonus mailer to open a new "High Rate Checking" account... Except that I already have one. Can I still get the bonus by opening another account?

I doubt you can even have more than one.

rated:
trekwars2000 said:   tj, other banks reimburse ATM fees (USAA)...
Alliant isn't a bank.

rated:
calwatch said:   Just got a $50 bonus mailer to open a new "High Rate Checking" account... Except that I already have one. Can I still get the bonus by opening another account?

I got the same one, I've been a customer for years.
Seems like a waste of money to mail these to existing customers.

rated:
2 quick questions, are there still any active ways to join Alliant by making a donation? also can you BT into a bank account?

rated:
Anybody have any idea if I can close my Alliant Visa now and then open a new one in a few months (presuming I'm still generally creditworthy) for their ongoing 0%/0 fee 12 months on new accounts? Alternatively, anyone have experience with trying to open a new Visa account while one is already open?

rated:
thetobster said:   2 quick questions, are there still any active ways to join Alliant by making a donation?   

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/membership/eligibility/

rated:
psm321 said:   Anybody have any idea if I can close my Alliant Visa now and then open a new one in a few months (presuming I'm still generally creditworthy) for their ongoing 0%/0 fee 12 months on new accounts? Alternatively, anyone have experience with trying to open a new Visa account while one is already open?
  Yes. I asked about this  and they told me it has to be closed 6-12 months, I forget which.   And, no,  you could not open another one while one was open and get this deal.  The best thing to do when you have such questions is to call Alliant,  because they would be the "Anybody" that would have any idea about it.

rated:
Anyone receive the $10 off $20 in-store purchase at Kohl's emails from Alliant Rewards? Has anyone been successful in actually getting that coupon from the link in the emails? I've received one such email every week for the last 4 weeks without ever actually getting the coupon from the link. Frustrating.

rated:
I got the e-mail and I clicked the link and pressed print coupon. Pretty easy.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   I got the e-mail and I clicked the link and pressed print coupon. Pretty easy.
  What browser are you using?

rated:
MOst likely firefox, but if that didn't work I would have tried Chrome and IE.

Also looking at the coupon, I'm guessing you can use any credit card, not just the alliant

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   MOst likely firefox, but if that didn't work I would have tried Chrome and IE.

Also looking at the coupon, I'm guessing you can use any credit card, not just the alliant

I've tried with IE10, FF and Chrome (latest)...same thing on all 3 - blank page with View Details clicking which doesn't do anything. :mad:

rated:
TheWalL said:   Anyone receive the $10 off $20 in-store purchase at Kohl's emails from Alliant Rewards? Has anyone been successful in actually getting that coupon from the link in the emails? I've received one such email every week for the last 4 weeks without ever actually getting the coupon from the link. Frustrating.
  Does it only apply to folks having the alliant credit card?

rated:
quizzer25 said:   TheWalL said:   Anyone receive the $10 off $20 in-store purchase at Kohl's emails from Alliant Rewards? Has anyone been successful in actually getting that coupon from the link in the emails? I've received one such email every week for the last 4 weeks without ever actually getting the coupon from the link. Frustrating.
  Does it only apply to folks having the alliant credit card?

The coupon has a barcode and a PIN so I am assuming that it is unique per member.

rated:
Does anyone have experience applying for an auto loan and CC on the same day and getting just one hard pull? A google search indicated that this "could" be the case, but it didn't seem like a sure thing.

rated:
I have no idea, but if you want both products, who cares if you get 2?

rated:
Usually credit bureau pulls are good for 30 days and they don't do multiple pulls if you are applying for multiple products at the same time. The best thing to do is ask Alliant.

rated:
anyone know if there are any active promo codes for Alliant? I'm doing an auto loan.
a google search returns NM06 promo code which looks like $100 deposit for auto loan but I dont see anything regarding an expiration date for it

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   I have no idea, but if you want both products, who cares if you get 2?
  Inquiries affect your credit score. They may also affect your ability to obtain new credit, regardless of credit score.

rated:
Argyll said:   Usually credit bureau pulls are good for 30 days and they don't do multiple pulls if you are applying for multiple products at the same time. The best thing to do is ask Alliant.
  Thanks. I like asking for customers' actual experiences since the reps sometimes give an answer to these kinds of questions even if they don't really know it.

rated:
nwill002 said:   anyone know if there are any active promo codes for Alliant? I'm doing an auto loan.
a google search returns NM06 promo code which looks like $100 deposit for auto loan but I dont see anything regarding an expiration date for it

Looks like it is intended for IL CPA members. http://my.alliantcreditunion.org/ilcpa/exclusiveoffers/100bonus/ 

rated:
well hopefully i get it considering they just recently released a public offer for $100 deposits for car loans and refi's
also $50 for high rate checking... i wonder if i can grab that from the pull from my car loan

EDIT: oh "high rate checking" is the regular checking I already have... they made it seem like it was a special checking account so I'm assuming current account holders cant get in on that

rated:
high rate checking is normal checking account with monthly direct deposit.

rated:
Whenever I try and use edeposit plus the check image is always poorly cropped... maybe like half the check is there.

I tried clicking the undo button several times and it doesn't seem to help.

If I scan the check manually and upload the jpg everything works great... anyone else run into this issue?

rated:
brettdoyle said:   Whenever I try and use edeposit plus the check image is always poorly cropped... maybe like half the check is there.

I tried clicking the undo button several times and it doesn't seem to help.

If I scan the check manually and upload the jpg everything works great... anyone else run into this issue?

The rare times I have run into this were rectified by 1 or more of the following: holding phone a bit farther away so check is 'deeper' inside the green target area + using better lighting (daylight always works best for me) + placing check against a more dark and solid background for better contrast with the borders of the check.

rated:
nwill002 said:   anyone know if there are any active promo codes for Alliant? I'm doing an auto loan.

The main home page lists a $100 promo for auto loans. The promo code is A981.

Fine print:
Must be or become a member of Alliant Credit Union to be eligible for these offers. Visit www.alliantcreditunion.org  for information regarding membership eligibility requirements. 1 APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Alliant new auto rates as low as 1.49% APR and used auto rates as low as 1.74% APR as of 09/01/2013. Loan approval, APR, downpayment required and other terms and conditions based on payment method, creditworthiness, collateral (including age of vehicle), and term of loan. Advertised rates include automatic payment option. Rates are 0.4% higher without automatic payment option. For pre-existing Alliant loans, members will have 1% added to their qualifying rate for refinancing. All loans are subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change. We may not extend credit to you if you do not meet Alliant criteria. 2 To qualify for the $100 bonus deposit offer, member must apply for an Alliant auto loan to finance a vehicle purchase or refinance a current vehicle loan (financed with another lender) between August 1, 2013, and December 31, 2013. The minimum loan amount is $10,000 to qualify. Member must be in good standing to receive bonus deposit. The $100 bonus deposit offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other vehicle loan offer. Member is responsible for any fees involved with transferring of title. One $100 bonus deposit per vehicle financed. Once we verify the loan amount, loan origination date and funding, we will deposit the $100 bonus deposit directly into the member's primary Alliant savings account. Please allow up to 60 days for the deposit to be made. Check the status of the bonus deposit on Alliant Online Banking. The $100 bonus deposit is considered as taxable income and will be paid as a special dividend and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Loans paid off within 90 days from disbursement are subject to a chargeback fee equal to the amount of the bonus deposit received.When applying for your auto loan, use promo code A981.  

rated:
^yep i noticed that one. Talked to loan officer and he said I'm set for $100 promo either way. Has anyone tried to get in on the $50 promo for checking account? I havea checking account but still have option to open another when I log in. I assume they can use my same hard pull from a week ago
UPDATE: I got the $100 bonus so this NM06 promo code which apparently has been around for a long time definitely still works

rated:
Just noticed that the HSA rate is now below the regular savings rate (0.65% APY vs 0.70%). I guess it kind-of makes sense for it to pay the same rate as the checking and not the savings, as it has checks, debit card, and bill pay. But I still remember how it was paying significantly more than the regular savings not that long ago...

rated:
olegos said:   Just noticed that the HSA rate is now below the regular savings rate (0.65% APY vs 0.70%). I guess it kind-of makes sense for it to pay the same rate as the checking and not the savings, as it has checks, debit card, and bill pay. But I still remember how it was paying significantly more than the regular savings not that long ago...
I forgot there is an Alliant master thread when I posted the rate drop to the HSA master thread:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/542257/m18147226/#m18147226  

rated:
I don't see the name of Alliant Credit Union in Bankrate's Safe and Sound Star Rating System.  Is this credit union ranked by S&P or Moody's or anyone else and does it get a grade of A,B,C or D?  Thanks. http://www.bankrate.com/rates/safe-sound/bank-ratings-search.asp...

rated:
aptvictoria said:   I don't see the name of Alliant Credit Union in Bankrate's Safe and Sound Star Rating System.  Is this credit union ranked by S&P or Moody's or anyone else and does it get a grade of A,B,C or D?  Thanks. http://www.bankrate.com/rates/safe-sound/bank-ratings-search.asp...

It's there and they received 4 stars. You need to make sure you selected the credit union radio button.

rated:
jtdeals said:   
aptvictoria said:   I don't see the name of Alliant Credit Union in Bankrate's Safe and Sound Star Rating System.  Is this credit union ranked by S&P or Moody's or anyone else and does it get a grade of A,B,C or D?  Thanks. http://www.bankrate.com/rates/safe-sound/bank-ratings-search.asp... 

It's there and they received 4 stars. You need to make sure you selected the credit union radio button.

Thanks.  I see it now: ALLIANT    IL    60666        

rated:
chuck75 said:   
DrForce said:   
nwill002 said:   well looks like Penfed stays as a check payment in Alliant Bill Pay. Took over a week for the payment to be processed on Penfed's side.
Alliant always pays Penfed by Check, unfortunately. Even though Penfed accepts electronic payments, Alliant's billpay system does not seem to recognize that.

Yup... Sadly, for Penfed, I use Bank of America's billpay to electronically pay PenFed and it takes the funds from my Alliant account.

Just revisiting this topic. It looks like Alliant is paying PenFed credit cards electronically now. Just noticed it but I'm not exactly sure when it changed. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1113114115 116 117
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014